Activity Type Code 07-21-04

Hi,

I use Data migration framework to upload datas from
another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I
can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is
like 135, 148 but I did'nt see the description associated
with code.

Thanks,

SM
0
SM
7/21/2004 7:41:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Task (134)
Fax (136)
Phone Call (137)
E-mail (138)
Letter (141)
Appointment (142)
Resolution Activity (140)

"SM" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Data migration framework to upload datas from
> another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I
> can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is
> like 135, 148 but I did'nt see the description associated
> with code.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SM

Hi,

I think there may be more then one resolution Activity number. I seem to
recall this in the SDK.
From the SDK Object Types list

140 - Incident Resolution
145 - Opportunity Close Activity (Opp Resolution)
147 - Order Close Activity (Order Resolution)
146 - Quote Close Activity (Quote Resolution)

This was a problem for me while I was importing using Scribe a couple of
weeks ago.  If you do it correctly, you can add the closing resolutions for
Opportunities, Orders and Quotes as well as Incidents.  I'm not sure if the
Data Migration Framework works the same way though.

This is all found in the Object Type page in the SDK.

Cheers,

Steve C.

"savage" <savage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Task (134)
> Fax (136)
> Phone Call (137)
> E-mail (138)
> Letter (141)
> Appointment (142)
> Resolution Activity (140)
>
> "SM" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use Data migration framework to upload datas from
> > another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I
> > can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is
> > like 135, 148 but I did'nt see the description associated
> > with code.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > SM

0
Steve
7/22/2004 5:35:00 PM
Can I create a new Activity in MS-CRM (For Example, I would like to create an Activity called 'Demo'). If Yes, how do I create this activity so that its visible to all the Users.

"savage" wrote:

> Task (134)
> Fax (136)
> Phone Call (137)
> E-mail (138)
> Letter (141)
> Appointment (142)
> Resolution Activity (140)
>
> "SM" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use Data migration framework to upload datas from
> > another DB. I need to link the Activity Type Code but I
> > can't find a reference with Ms CRM. I found the code is
> > like 135, 148 but I did'nt see the description associated
> > with code.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > SM

Deleting Quotes 09-07-07
Hi Everone, Is it possibel to delete a quotation in CRM 3.0? If yes, how is this done? thanks Jos van Vegchel ...

Bank Rec Record Type Code?
We're trying to set up Bank Rec and can't figure out how to identify the record type code that is required by GP 8.0. Our bank doesn't provide us with a record type code so how can we set up bank rec correctly? The fields we get are: account # date amount transaction type check # description Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike Abrahamson If you're attempting to set up "Electronic Reconcile" I believe that the record type code relates to the records coming from your bank. You need to specify which records are headers, detail, footers. There ha...

PivotTable: Type Mismatch
I am trying to use the PivotTable view in Access 2007 using VBA, but I keep getting type mismatch errors. According to Microsofts guide in: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139960(office.10).aspx (for Access 2003 - but should be the same for 2007) The code I should use is (as a sample): Dim pTable As OWC11.PivotTable ' Set pTable = Me.PivotTable Set pTable = Forms("frmPivotTable").PivotTable pTable.BackColor = vbRed I have a reference to the OWC11 DLL The type mismatch error happens on the Set pTable = Line - either one cause...

access 11-29-07
Hi.Can you please teach me how to lock my design view and add menu commands in add-ins tab.Your post will be very useful. ...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Allow users to type a year in date drop-down. (Dex 9.0)
In Dexterity version 9, a drop-down has been added to the date control. In this drop-down, you can click on the year to get focus on it. You can then change the year using the up and down arrows on the keyboard or the buttons next to the year field. What you cannot do is type the year that you would like. In previous version, we used a lookup window to pick a date, but now that this drop-down is there, and we cannot disable it, we have removed our own calendar lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Typing "12345" and have it automaticly formated to "123.45"?
Does anyone know anything about formatting cells so they would behave like an accounting calculator. As in typing "12345" without pressing any decimal key, and have it use the last two digits as the tenth and hundredth decimal place, ie) "123.45"? If it isn't possible, it would be informative to know that as well. Thanks a million in advance! -- ZenTrickz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZenTrickz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36061 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Charts in Access 07-09-07
I need to create a chart that presents the trend of the foreign exchange rate Where do I begin? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eZDkX8lwHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to create a chart that presents the trend of the foreign exchange >rate > > Where do I begin? I would export the data that you wish to use to an Excel range. Use the range as a source for an Excel chart. At least until Office 2007, Excel had a better implementation of the chart engine used by both programs. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Web Service changes return type
I've a web service which has been running for some time. The web service retrieves order batches from a database so has quite a deep class structure. The class structure is based on an xsd which generates teh c# classes which get filled by the database which then get pushed down the wire by the web server. Standard stuff. The problem is that the web service client sometimes decides to change the type that is returned. So the Order is of type (go on, guess - yes) 'Order' and it sits in an OrderBatchType. The Web service is specced to return an Order object. However, the ...

Making a cell only ecept an X and protecting code
OK here what I got I need F22 and F23 to only except an X. At this point it only triggers the red if you enter an X but the cells does let you type in anything and that will be a problem. Then Id like to protect or hide the code some how so people don't mess with it. So if you have a minute or two I would be most great full. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Rem Put an X in cells F22 or F23 makes Cells F14 AND F16 red Rem _____________________AREA WORKS_____________________ Rem YOU CAN ENTER ANY TEXT, BUT ONLY AN X TRIGGERS THE RED If Target.Address = ...

Prefill Coding Error
I have a form that I have a few data entry fields prefill the last text entered. For example, there is a field for Zip Code. Once the zip code is entered, and the record saved, the after update command retains the zip code entered. I use the code of Private Sub Zip_AfterUpdate() Me.Zip.DafaultValue = Me.Zip End Sub My problem is I have one of the fields that is not retaining the data entered. Here is the code I'm using Privagte Sub AssignedChap_AfterUpdate() Me.AssignedChap.DefaultValue = Me.AssignedChap End Sub In the data entry field on the form,...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Windows Update Error Code 8001AA7?
Have been trying to apply a number of update today but they keep failing at reboot telling me "updates could not configure correctly reverting changes" and when i look at the error codes they are all the same "8001AA7" i have tried looking this up and can't find out what it is or how to fic it. Can anyone help? Mistyped the code its 80017AA7 "Stephen" wrote: > Have been trying to apply a number of update today but they keep failing at > reboot telling me "updates could not configure correctly reverting changes" > and whe...

help with code on event call
Hi I am unsure how to code the following the table I am working on is Baan I am selecting the record using the orderNo field but depending if the field IcyDate empty or not I will open different forms the code I have in the event call at the moment is below and where I have put the ***** is where I need an if statement to see if the field IcyDate is empty or not Private Sub But_SelONo_Click() On Error GoTo Err_But_SelONo_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim intcount As Integer intcount = DLookup("[Count-O-N]", "[Qu-cmm-countor...

Need help in coding outlook
Hi, For Each oMailItem In oInbox.Items Debug.Print oMailItem.SenderName Next The above codes are part of my code. The issue is when the inbox item is not mail item the code will be error. When the inbox item is a report item (delivery failure notification) the code will be error. How to fixed that? Regards, Gunawan You can use the .Class property to determine what kind of item it is, before you invoke the properties and methods of a particular type of Outlook item. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.pu...

Using VBA code to change Chart Data Series
On a worksheet, I have a List Box Control (lbProfitICSales) with a ListFillRange named "Profit_Ind_Cd_Sales". When selecting an item in the List Box, I want to change the x and y data series in the single chart on the "Profit-Ind Cd Sales" worksheet. I don't understand why the following code does not work- I always get an "object does not support this property or method". Help lookup indicates this code should work. Private Sub lbProfitICSales_Change() Dim strwksht As String strwksht = Application.ActiveSheet.Name 'Worksheets("Review").U...