Activity Report Problem

We have added two custom fields to most of the activity forms (appt, phone
call, email, task). We need to create a report that shows these activities
plus their custom fields. Seemed pretty straightforward until I tried to JOIN
all these entities back to the main Activity entity. The query returns no
data in CRM nor in SQL using the INNER JOIN approach on the respective
activityid fields. It works with one such as Appt JOINED to Activity, but as
soon as we add another entity (phone call) it stops returning data.

Do I need to modify the entity relationships to get this working?
0
hunter (26)
7/17/2009 12:00:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The added fields will appear in the xxxExtensionBase table.
If you wish to list multiple types of activity you will have to do a
UNION SELECT for each type.
Regards
Chris
http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com

0
chris.cohen (132)
7/17/2009 8:28:34 AM
I was trying to use the Filtered Views since they contain the custom fields.
Could I get these to work with the UNION SELECT or do I have to use the
ExtensionBase tables?

Thanks for your reply,
Doug

"ChrisC" wrote:

> The added fields will appear in the xxxExtensionBase table.
> If you wish to list multiple types of activity you will have to do a
> UNION SELECT for each type.
> Regards
> Chris
> http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com

0
hunter (26)

problem w/seperating e-mail from different accounts
I am currently using outlook 2002 and am having problems seperating e-mail I am receiving. First, I have two different accounts with each receiving e-mail from a different server. Second, I have my rules set up to put e- mail from each account into a seperate folder. The problem is that the program is putting e-mail from both servers into each server's individual folder. Anyone know how to correctly setup the program to seperate the email? Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of each of your rules so that only one of the rules gets a chance to act on each par...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Excel Macro Clipboard Problem
I am trying to copy data from a web page table to an Excel worksheet using a macro. I am doing this be opening the html file, copying the data, and closing the html file. When I close it, I am asked if I want to keep the clipboard contents (I do not). I have to select No manually while the macro runs. How can prevent this? Application.DisplayAlerts = false -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "Glenn H" <hall_glenn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c701c3c978$cc7a2000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to copy data from a web page tabl...

My employees need an end of shift report from receipt printer.
I need my employees to be able to print out their sales at shift end. We just bought Microsoft POS 2.0, and it doesn't seem to have the information I need. I make my daily reports by using the print outs each employee has at the end of their shift. It has sales by department and sales tax and COGS. This is all information I need to generate reports for my books and to verify their tills. Also, we have overnight empolyees so information overlaps 2 days. I'm still trying to figure out how to view 2 day information at once on 2.0. I'm reluctant to deploy this new equipme...

Please help very urgent to give ageing report
Please give me an sql to generate the report from statement table, I have three column in my table 1. Month 2. year 3. Amount I want to show 1. if the month is current month it should be shown as ' Current' 2. If the previous month it should be shown as '30' 3 if before previous month it should be '60' 4 if before '60' it should be '90' 5. otherwise it should be '120' Please help Have a look at the Partition() function. A good helpfile for it is at: http://accessmvp.com/Arvin/PartitionFunctionHelp.txt --...

SDK install problem
I tried to install the Business Portal SDK on my computer, but it tells me that Business Portal isn't installed. Do I need to install the SDK on the server that has Business Portal 2.5 installed or can I install it on my laptop that is running Windows XP Pro. Seems silly I would need to install VS.NET on a Server just to get the SDK samples. Note: I don't have Great Plains installed on my workstation. Is this required? You need to install the Business Portal SDK onto a machine that has Business Portal installed. This system will also need to have Visual Studio .NET 2003 ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Outlook 2003 link problem
When I click on a link in my inbox, I receive the following error: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my security settings in IE and locally, but cannot find anything that would restrict access. Also, I tried using the fix suggestions for this problem related to outlook 2002, KB article 310049. Any suggestions would be welcome. ...

VS Tools & Crystal Report
Hi, I have customise the PO Entry screen to show a crystal report (popup a new form with a crystal report viewer) when user click a button, there was no error when user first clicked the button however subsequently it will prompt a exception message "Load report failed" but when I use the debugging and step into the code, there was no error and the report show up correctly...any idea? ...

Count Problem
Good Afternoon: I am attempting to use the Count feature in the Totals row of my query. When I do this I only receive "1" for all my records. Any reason why this would happen? -Anthony Morano SELECT [All Plans].[Chain Sequence Number], [All Plans].[Retiree Last Name], [All Plans].[Retiree First Name], [All Plans].[Retiree SSN], [All Plans].Plan, [All Plans].Fund, [All Plans].[Retiree DOB], [All Plans].[Retiree Gender], [All Plans].[Retiree Eligibility Date], [All Plans].[Retirement Date], [All Plans].Address, [All Plans].City, [All Plans].State, [All Plans].Zip, [All Plans].[Co...

Great Plains Reports and Printing
We are printing our Great Plains Report to a High Speed Dot Matrix Line Printer. By default, the font and pitch are quite small, and if we try to increase the size on the control panel of the printer, it has no effect. My question is this, in order to get font sizes to come out larger on our Great Plains Reports, do we have to change each individual field in the Report Designer? Does the Report Designer settings override whatever settings the printer may have? Thanks The font size for Text reports (especially when the size is set to Best Text Fit) is decided by the size of the repor...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Comments problem
I've created a number of comments. When I position the comments where I want them, they only reflect their positions on "Show" or "Edit" comment. All the comments default to the same relationship to the cells when you pass over them. This is a problem because I've also used data vaildation (with lists) on these cells and you can't display the comment with the list pulled down at the same time because the comments are tool close to the validated cell. Thanks in adavance. The comment usually appears to the right of the cell, and should still allow you to see t...

Problem printing JPEGs in reports
I have a database built from scratch in Access 2007 that includes an attachment field which is used to store JPEG photos of people's faces that are printed onto ID cards. It has been working perfectly until recently when the photos get distorted (they look almost as though they have gone into 4-bit colour mode with lots of dithering). When you view the report in 'Report View' the picture looks perfect, but when you go to 'Print Preview' the distortion occurs. It is nothing to do with the images themselves, as ones that have printed perfectly before are now distorted....

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Strange problem with Dlookup on Network share Windows 7
Hi all, I have a problem running a simple dlookup in my first form on my access97 application. The app is a client app with linked table on H: which is a network share map with "riconnect on logon". The client is running XP Pro sp3. The file server is running Windows 7 Professional (32bit or 64bit same error). When I switch on my client PC I can get H: unit in My Computer without red cross on it. If I enter in my Access97 application i get Error in Dlookup field and VBA Error 3044 using my code. If i get back to My Computer and double-click on H: unit I can ac...

Report needed
I needed a assistance to modify the inventory receipt report to show the Gross Profit for each item. This is required when the items are being received into the store. Can anyone assist? phillipd@hugginsgrenada.com Regards, Don This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F3_01C92F90.CDA8D600 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00F4_01C92F90.CDA8D600" ------=_NextPart_001_00F4_01C92F90.CDA8D600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Don, Try this one attac...

Crystal Reports License error.
Hi, I just built a Windows 2k active directory domain and installed CRM 1.2 on a server in the domain. The domain is behind a firewall. Everything works from inside the firewall. I can connect to the CRM server from outside the firewall but when I try to view reports I get a Crystal Reports license error. Does anyone know what ports I need to open on the firewall to get past this problem or is this some other issue I overlooked? I tried opening all of the ports that appear in the firewall logs with no success. Also is it the CRM server reporting this error or is it an authenticati...

Pivot Report
I'm working with a Pivot Table and would like to count the number of times specific text such as a "P" or "O" is in a column. The Microsoft help guide ("Pivot Tables 101") states the following: A "Data field" in a Pivot Table "contains values to be summarized. For example, Sum of Sales is a data field. For most types of source data you can choose how to summarize data (for example, by sum, average, or count). A data field usually summarizes numbers, but it can also summarize text. For example, you can count the number of times a s...

opens a report
I have a form that is basically an invoice, I want a command button that opens a report that will print only the invoice I am viewing. I have seen this done before but have drawn a blank on how to accomplish this. thanks hi j, On 28.04.2010 16:44, jwebster1979 wrote: > I have a form that is basically an invoice, I want a command button that > opens a report that will print only the invoice I am viewing. I have seen > this done before but have drawn a blank on how to accomplish this. You normally use the WhereCondition parameter of the DoCmd.OpenReport action: Sub Op...

Problem with Re-enabled user mailboxes
We are running Server 2003 R2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. We have college student that will come in and work for us for a few months and then go back to school and may come back 6-8 months later. When they leave we disable there account and after 60 days their mailbox is deleted. We have noticed that when we re-enable their accounts and setup a new mailbox, the mailbox will not show up on the server even after you sent 10 emails to it. After 24 hours you get an NDR back. We also notice that under the security rights only SELF has rights. The end user can not connect via the outlook setup...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...