Activity Attachemnt upload error

Hi I am trying to upload a tiff image file to CRM server what I do is
first write code to create attachment
but i get error

the url is
http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx?hr=0x80070057
so it seems I have been authenticated by the server but something else
is worng creating the upload error ,,,,,,
Microsoft CRM Alert:
 File Upload Failure
There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file.
Check the file path an

--------------------------------------------------------------------what
I do is first write code to create attachment

public static void CreateFaxActivityAttachment(string conId)
{
// strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server
string strServer = "success";

// virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM
// virtual directory on the platform Web server
			string virtualDirectory = "mscrmservices";
			string strDir = "http://" + strServer + "/" + virtualDirectory +
"/";

// BizUser proxy object
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser ();
			System.Net.ICredentials credentials = new
NetworkCredential("administrator","1as2005","HasdEX");
			bizUser.Credentials = credentials;
			bizUser.Url = strDir + "BizUser.srf";

			// CRMActivityAttachment proxy object
			Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMActivityAttachment
activityAttachment = new
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMActivityAttachment ();
			activityAttachment.Credentials = credentials;
			activityAttachment.Url = strDir + "CRMActivityAttachment.srf";

			string strActivityId = "{178229C4-5042-43A2-8456-DEF38D325133}";
			string strNewAttachmentXml = "";
		    try
		    {
				Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth = bizUser.WhoAmI();

				// Set up the XML string for the new attachment
				string strXml = "<activitymimeattachment>";
				strXml += "<subject>My Subject</subject>";
				strXml += "<attachmentnumber>3</attachmentnumber>";
				strXml += "<activityid>" + strActivityId + "</activityid>";
				strXml += "</activitymimeattachment>";

				// Set up the columns that you want to retrieve
				string strColumnSetXml = "<columnset>";
				strColumnSetXml += "<column>activitymimeattachmentid</column>";
				strColumnSetXml += "<column>subject</column>";
				strColumnSetXml += "</columnset>";

				strNewAttachmentXml =
activityAttachment.CreateAndRetrieve(userAuth, strXml,
strColumnSetXml);
			}
			catch (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException err)
			{
				// Process the platform error here
				strNewAttachmentXml  = ("ErrorMessage: " + err.Message + " " +
err.Detail.OuterXml + " Source: " + err.Source );
			}
			catch (Exception err)
			{
				// Process other errors here
				strNewAttachmentXml = ("ErrorMessage: " + err.Message );
			}

		}

then I made an html page

as mentioned for notesmanager class and upload case

   <head>
      <form name="Attachments" enctype="multipart/form-data"
method="POST"
action="http://success/mscrmservices/ActivityAttachmentUpload.srf"
ID="Form1">
          <input type="hidden" name="AttachmentType" value="5">
          <input type="hidden" name="ActivityMimeAttachmentId"
                   value="{0AF250B9-41EA-42D1-8790-98D9CF5F354D}"
id="Hidden8">
            <input type="hidden" name="AttachmentId"
                value="{178229C4-5042-43A2-8456-DEF38D325133}"
ID="Hidden2">
<!-- commented userid and merchantid
<input type="hidden" name="UserId"
                value="{78861AAC-6104-4283-B303-0C861108FE26}">
         <input type="hidden" name="MerchantId"
                value="{C59799EE-412C-4096-B60C-FA1AD13AA4CB}">
---------------------------------->

       <input type="hidden" name="ErrorURL"
                value="http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx"
ID="Hidden5">
         <input type="hidden" name="SuccessURL"
                value="http://success/Activities/Attachment/edit.aspx"
ID="Hidden6">
         <input type="File" name="userFile" size="20" ID="File1">
         <input type="submit" name="UPL" value="Submit" ID="Submit1">

I am not sure what  is the merchantid and userid for this case,also how
does attachment id reach the server through html page,and the other
hidden inputs,how does this mechanism work,kind of stranded,maybe I
dont have enough user permissions,but i have put my computer in active
directory on the domain,also myself as a user in active directory,i
also tried logging in as admin of the server,but keep getting the sam
error going to the url

http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx?hr=0x80070057

I then run the html page after building the project and the
class,finally I upload a tiff image file from my machine,but I am not
able
to upload file

I get this message:

Microsoft CRM Alert:
 File Upload Failure
There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file.
Check the file path  and try again.

Can someone help please ??

Regards,

MDA.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is it that I am not being authenticated,so could it still be an issue
with active directory and user configuration
I was able to get the userid and merchantid from cuserauth object:but I
still get same error saying

Microsoft CRM Alert:
 File Upload Failure
There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file.
Check the file path and try again.
 Click here to return to your previous location.

Invalid User Auth

thats all,

Regards,

Mandar.

0
Mandar
9/26/2005 3:38:53 PM
Mandar wrote:
> Is it that I am not being authenticated,so could it still be an issue
> with active directory and user configuration
> I was able to get the userid and merchantid from cuserauth object:but I
> still get same error saying
>

> Now I made sure I had add inputs as needed

but i get

the message

Microsoft CRM Alert:
>  File Upload Failure
> There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file.
> Check the file path and try again.
>  Click here to return to your previous location.

and

"Record Is Unavailable"

Mandar....

> Microsoft CRM Alert:
>  File Upload Failure
> There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file.
> Check the file path and try again.
>  Click here to return to your previous location.
>

> Invalid User Auth
>

> thats all,
>
> Regards,
>

> Mandar.

0
Mandar

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Need help interpreting error message
Does anyone know what the following error message means: "Microsoft Excel Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source." It happens when I try to refresh the data in a report spreadsheet that my boss created (he's on holiday). I'm using Excel 2002 SP3, data is coming from an SQL Server 2000 SP3 database, and I'm using a network admin account. TIA, Phil "Phil Sharpe" <a@b.com> wrote ... > Does anyone know what the following error message means: > > "Microsoft Excel > Client Safety Option...

Error 0x8004010F
After setting up Outlook (don't ask!) I discover that I can't Send e-mails because I get an error message "Task RSS Feeds Reported Error 0x8004010F etc.". I tried RegCure, but that didn't work. I can't send e-mails but seem to be able to receive them - well I've had one from RegCure's support since I sent them an e-mail on their website complaining that RegCure didn't work on this problem. I've looked all over the Microsoft site and can't understand most of the answers. I am a single PC with one user running Windows XP/Office 2007...

help...Send/receive error (0x800CCC6D)
ISP is Road Runner and I have Yahoo Web Hosting and related email. I Use POP and SMTP to my Outlook so I can read emails through Outlook. I have not had any problems until recently. My Send/receive is constantly showing the following error, regardless of how big the file being sent is and the send/receive process is now taking forever. I've tried rebooting, called my ISP who said they can't help, and reset my existing account.....all to to effect. The error is as follows: Task'sp2@group - sending and receiving' reported error (0x800CCC6D):'your outgoing (SMT...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

memory instruction error
I have a customer with about 35 employees running Windows 2000 SP4 and Outlook 2000 SP3. All of a sudden today there are about 6 or 7 computers that are getting the following error "The instruction at "XXXXXXXXXX" referrenced memory at "XXXXXXXXXX". The memory could not be 'read'". I have gone to microsoft's site and research the error and did everything that I could find including unchecking the net folders, renaming the outcmd.dat and deleting some log files. If anyone has some assistance that would be great. Thanks ...

IE 6 sp1 error with owa
I sometime get blue boxes around icons in IE 6 sp1 on xp sp2. It does not happen all the time. If I use the ssl version it is fine. This is the script error that I get: ---------------------------------------- Line: 556 Char: 24 Error: Expected';' code:0 URL: https://<ip-address>/exchweb/6.5.6944.0/controls/ctrl_view.htc ----------------------------------------- This is what's running: windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Thanks, Fiore ...

#name error
i always get #name?? error when am trying to do something with dates... like date difff or date add when i have this expression in the control sourse eg: review date-1=dateadd("m",[evaluation period-1],[hire date]) can anyone help me please In news:1182537677.928523.253520@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com, kashi <haritha.karanam@gmail.com> wrote: > i always get #name?? error when am trying to do something with > dates... > like date difff or date add > when i have this expression in the control sourse > eg: review date-1=dateadd("m",[evaluation period-1],...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Low memory error message in Publisher
I get a "low memory" error message when I try to use the mail merge in Publisher. I don't use Norton Antivirus so I don't believe this is the problem. I've read other responses about "low memory" error messages and haven't found a solution to my problem. I am trying to merge a Microsoft Word file into Publisher to make address labels. Any ideas??? -- Jodi It always helps to know what version Publisher you are using. Is your printer driver current? Most of the memory issues in Publisher usually are caused by virus programs, Norton is more prone t...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Scheduled task "Error # 70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission
"Error # 70 was generated by VBAProjectPermission denied" Is generated when the statement Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Is executed in a scheduled task but not when the Auto_Open macro in excel is triggered any other way. What do I need to do to enable me to get permission.? ...

Error in Outlook 2000 / Exch 5.5
If I delete some messages with larger attachments, the operation is not successful. The error message: "A client operation has failed" is displayed. It is perhaps a problem of sthe information store? I already checked the priv.edb, pub.edb and dir edb with eseutil /g /v /x but no error is displayed. What is also a little bit strange, if I open an e-mail with a larger attachment, it takes sometimes 10-20 seconds until the message is displayed. The server has 1 GB RAM (700 M are used) and processor is 20 % usage on the average. We also made a defrag with eseutil /d but it didn't s...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

INstallation error CRM 3.0 06-30-06
Near the end of the install, I get a dialog box with the following error: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. What I do was crear those functions manually on both databases the I hit retry to continue the installation. That could be prod...

Error Number:0X80040114
Hi, I am having problem removing messages from outbox. The message will send out everytime I click on 'send and receive', but they remain in the outbox. I can't move them or delete them. I get the following message: The MAPI Spooler has already begun transmitting this message. (Account:'Server', SMTP Server: 'email server name', Error Number:0X80040114). I have no problem receiving messages and I have tried both IMAP and POP accounts. I also tried the following: 1.scanpst to repair local pst, no errors 2.create a different profile and import email from ...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Fatal Error #32769
Problem Description: My Virtual PC 6.1 for the Mac froze while downloading a website. I was forced to use "Force Quit" in order to get out. I now am getting the following message when attempting to start Virtual PC again: "NTLDR: Fatal error 32769 reading Boot.ini" Can anyone help me correct this problem and get it working again? ...

Error with published customizations
Recently we added some new customizations that should have been associated with both the accountbase and leadbase tables. The customizations were added via the schema manager and were published without a problem. The fields are available for use in forms and were added also with out a problem. At this time, the customizations were published and everyting looked like it was going to work. IIS was restared and the app was started. When we went to bring up an existing account, an error occured. After investigating, we determined that the actual accountbaase and leadbase tables did NOT inc...

Run Time Error '6'
Hi, When I try to 'issue' a Transfer Inventory Out, or even edit the docket, I get the following: Run-Time Error '6': Overflow. When I press OK, SO Manager closes. This is on version 1.2.0185 trcboy, Are you using a really long transfer number? When you create a transfer manually and not enter a TO# does it have the same problem? -- * "trcboy" <trcboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A927101C-04EC-4AA6-9714-CB9977C6F07C@microsoft.com... Hi, When I try to 'issue' a Transfer Inventory Out, or even edit the docket, I get the foll...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Error: VC7 package not available or not registered
Hi, I have installed VS.NET 2003..However on starting it through Program Files, I get no error...But when I create a new Project error comes is "VC7 package not available or not registered" What this means ? Have I missed something...!! Thanks in advance. a.a.cpp ...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...