Activities View & Regarding Field

Is it possible to see the Regarding name in the activities view?

I know it is possible to exit the activity view throught the view editor
e.g.
http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902}
for all activities
though this only allows addition of a few fields.

if I look in the SavedQueryBase, the view
{00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902}
gives a FetchXml string with the activity fields.

the display text for the regarding field is available in the Activity view
as the ObjectName field

Can one simply add the ObjectName field to this to provide the regarding
field, or it is much more complex.  This is a big omission for us, as having
the account name (which we populate in the regarding field of an activity
would be so useful.

TIA

Chris Galley

0
Chris
4/14/2004 4:53:54 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I had the same issue and decided to purchase the third-party add-on
ActivitySummary from www.c360.com.  This gives me what I need.
John
0
John

Popup dialog controls in doc/view app
Hi, I'm working on a text editor project using RichEditCtrl as my starting point. I want to be able to programatically (like on a WM_LBUTTONDOWN or something) create things like combo boxes, rich edit controls, etc. and so far haven't had much joy. Should I be able to use the Create method to achieve the desired effect? In my project I have the files that have been generated by Visual Studio and I was thinking that I might have to declare a variable: myProjectView.h ---------------- CRichEditCtrl m_myRichEdit; and then create it: myProjectView.cpp ------------------ m_myRichEdit...

Preventing duplicate record entries where two fields are involved
I have a form named ACCOUNTS that is bound to a table that is also named ACCOUNTS. The form is used only for entering data into the ACCOUNTS table. In the table there are two text fields, one named FUNCTION, and the other named OBJECT. The field named FUNCTION can contain repetitions of a four character code, and the field named OBJECT can contain repetitions of a five character code. The two fields together should not contain the same pair of codes such as in rows 1 and 3 in the example below: FUNCTION OBJECT 1) abcd wxyz 2) adcd hijk 3) ...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Locking Text Fields
I am trying to lock Text Field in a document that I am modifying. The document was not created by me. I am able to lock the text in a new document but would like to modify the company letterhed to lock text. Assistance would be appreciated. Kind regards -- Es See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a document in Word 2000 or higher?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ProtectWord2000PlusHeader.htm or, the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a Word 97 document?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

E-Mail TreeView View: How to handle?
Hi folks, I would like to make a view like a Newsgroup View. If somebody wrote a mail to me and I answer on this mail I would like to see this messages as a TreeView. Is this possible to handle with VBA? Does somebody have code? Thank you very much in advance. Timur Zanagar <zanagar@clockworkz.de> wrote: > I would like to make a view like a Newsgroup View. If somebody wrote a > mail to me and I answer on this mail I would like to see this messages > as a TreeView. Doesn't View>Arrange By>Conversation do what you want? -- Brian Tillman No, because I need this ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Doc / View
I have a project that is using the MFC Doc / View archetechture. From the main menue, on File | New I've added code that starts a dialog: void CMainFrame::OnFileNew() { m_gridDlg.DoModal(); } The dialog sets two values, m_GridSizeX and m_GridSizeY in the CGridDlg class. I need to use these values in the MyprojView class. How can I retreive the values? I have tried this statement in the MyprojView.cpp file: GridSizeX = CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX; This results in the compile error: "illegal reference to data member 'CGridDlg::m_GridSizeX' in a static member function" ...

Regarding Out look 2007
When ever I try to open MS Out look, I am getting the following message."The Add-in "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension"(C:\Program Files\Spam Blocker Utility\Bin\4.8.4.0\Redemption.dll)cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the add-in manufacturer for an update.If no update is available, please uninstall the add-in". Please let me help in solving this problem. Thanks you have spamblocker installed and its not loading correctly. Either uninstall spamblocker or reinstall it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

Command button to replace current record's field
I have a continuous form with a command button in detailed band. On click event, I want to replace 'checkin' field of current record with =now(). Click the command button the 2nd time, replace same field with blank. (toggle). Thanks. To assign the current time to the checkin field, use this code: Me.checkin = Now() (or use the SetValue action in a macro if you prefer.) It would be easier to use another button to blank the field. Code: Me.checkin = Null Otherwise you'll have to keep track of when the button was clicked first (module level variable in the f...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Viewing of HTML Email Content w/ Embedded Images
Currently, we are receiving email feed into our application via POP3. What we would like to do is to view (and possibly work with) HTML emails, including those with embedded images, without having to save anything to disk, or any other "messy" operations. Reason being that some of our clients have restrictive disk access policies. Now from my understanding of HTML email, embedded images are actually attached files that are then referenced by a link in the email. To view in a HTML viewer, the image needs to be saved to disk somewhere. Is this correct, or can it be...

Saving all files in View List format.
I WOULD LIKE TO SAVE ALL OF MY WORD FILES IN A VIEW LIST FORMAT. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS A MACRO FUNCTION. Turn off your caps lock (caps are considered shouting!) and explain exactly what you mean, with which Word version. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &qu...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

can't rename field in MS Query?
I'm using Microsoft Query to bring in some data. I have the query in SQL so i can do some groupings and count values in one of the fields. My problem is I'm having difficulty renaming a field, so it comes back with no name at all. The SQL line is: SELECT [lots of fields], Count(StudentHistory.Status) AS CountStatus The count comes back properly, but the changed field name (i.e., CountStatus) doesn't appear. The field name is blank. How does this need to be written so the field name comes back as CountStatus? Thanks rachael ...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Custom Views
I have two questions: 1. Currently, our patient treatment schedule is in a Word table which requires manual calculation of treatment dates. The info is then entered (typed) into the table, and distributed to different parties. Parts of the table is retyped into second and third "lists" for permanent record. When treatment is completed, their info is deleted from the Word schedule after being retyped into another table (whew!) I have set up an excel worksheet that includes the patient information and calculates treatment dates. I am using Custom Views to filter information o...

No slideshow view for this presentation
Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error no slide show view for this presentation on the line of code ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (2) it has only just started to do this and was working fine before this anybody know why this is happening? thanks Nick On 1/20/10 9:04 AM, in article a196664b-c1e6-487a-8806-9c650237fcbc@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, "Nickooo87" <mmmm_superman87@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hello while using VBA in powerpoint im getting this error > > no slide show view for this presentation ...

Sum field in page footer
Hi - Have a problem in an inherited db. In the group footer section they have a field OrderTotal which is "=sum([ExtCost])" In the page footer section, they have a field whose controlsource is "=[OrderTotal]". When they print more than one PO, the field in the pagefooter section takes the [OrderTotal] from the following record, not from the one displayed on the page. Can't figure out what's going on - any ideas? Tnx, John You cannot reliably sum into the page footer like that. When Access calculates the report layout, it fits as many records as it can...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

'To' field missing
When you open an email the "To" Field Is Not Displayed in Outlook Inside Outlook, try clicking on View Message Header "Ron" <youwishbabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:024001c368de$4bbd4730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When you open an email the "To" Field Is Not Displayed in > Outlook ...

Changing the forecolor of Text fields based on value in another fo
Hello, I have a list of project numbers in my "Main" continuous form that when you double click on one of the fields, it will open up a detail form for THAT particular project. When that detail form comes up, there are questions that need to be checked when completed. When this is done, a calculated field on that detail form called "Audit Met?" will automatically check itself if all the questions have been checked. What i want to have happen is that for all the projects that have that Audit Met field checked in their detail form, i want that to be shown on the &qu...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...