Act -> CRM 1.2

Hi all.
I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act
data into CRM 1.2
Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the
process?
I know about using export pro to get the data into access.
I think from there you simply use the data import tool
that MS provides from crm.

MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and
running?

I really do hope so.
I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the
database 1st and then select "connect to existing
database" during the install process.

Thanks in advance!!!!
0
Hank
3/5/2004 10:07:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hank wrote:
> Hi all.
> I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act
> data into CRM 1.2
> Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the
> process?
> I know about using export pro to get the data into access.
> I think from there you simply use the data import tool
> that MS provides from crm.
>
> MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and
> running?
>
> I really do hope so.
> I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the
> database 1st and then select "connect to existing
> database" during the install process.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!

Everything you need is in the Data Migration Framework. There is an complete
mapping for Act! and CRM.

--
J�rgen Beck
MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT

0
iso

DMF from ACT
Hello, I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel). However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database. Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this. It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and really don't find it. Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated with migrating to MS CRM. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Gro...

email #2
isit possible to have one email account administered by several users.each one seeing changes replies etc sent by the others. thanks in advance Sure, just assign full access, send as, and receive as permissions to a group, make folks needing access member of that group, have them open the mailbox as "another user's mailbox" in their Outlook profiles. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "welloffit" <welloffit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC8AAD7F-99DE-4003-BDEA-CD350D2ABEF3@microsoft.com... > isit possible to ha...

Mail Merge Quote displays nothing but 1 line item
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to why would all contents in if statements ,e.g. {IF{MERGESEQ} ="1" "}, on a mail merge does not show and anything thats not within the if statements is displayed when the mail merge is run? I eventually removed any if statement on the word mail merge and the quote format looked fine except that if the quote has multiple line items then multiple pages are diplayed. I am aware that if I use { MERGEFDIELD "LastItem" = 1} then all line items are suppose t obe displaying on one page. Any ideas would be hi...

Find replace #2
We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a which is the first names column how can we do that? Select Column A Choose Text to Columns and choose the delimiter (most likely space or comma) "dk" wrote: > We have a column that has first names sometimes last names we have another > column with last names you would like to remove all last names from column a > which is the first names column how can we do that? dk wrote: > We have a column that has first names s...

memory leak problem #2
hello, i'm facing a memory leak problem when my application runs for a long time. i tried to figure out the source and came to a very small demo app to reproduce the behaviour. i create a dialog based mfc app, added a member variable of type CArray< CString*, CString* > to store CStrings*. then i added two buttons 'add' and 'remove'. the 'add' button creates new strings and adds to the array. void TestDlg::Add() { for ( int i = 0; i < 100000; i ++ ) { CString* pTemp = new CString; *pTemp = "long text...."; // about 100 char...

Error 9582 on Exch2000SP3 and W2KSP4 w/2.5 G RAM
HELP!!!! I have a single Exchange server with 2.5G RAM. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I am getting a 9582 *warning* message: The Virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. I have gone to EventID.net and followed along with all the Qxxxxx articles. I have: 1. Installed the last Post-SP3 patch (Store.exe shows version 6.0.6603.0) 2. I have added the HeapDecommit reg entry detailed in Q315407 3. I have set up counters in Pe...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

Tickdata to eod and 1 minute data?
Hi I want to compress "tick"-data (ie trades) from a file into two other files. In the target file I want to chunk the data into EndOfDay(eod) and calculate it into date, open, high, low and close. And I want to chunk it into 1 minutes activity as well. I attach glimps of the tickdate file and example of result files. Steps for me to take or code. I just installed SQL Server 2008 Express. Regards Rolf Tickdata.txt DATE,TIME,PRICE,VOLUME 12/11/2009,08:00:11,5720.00,1 12/11/2009,08:00:12,5720.00,1 12/11/2009,09:02:14,5736.50,1 12/11/2009,09:02:14,5736.50,1 1...

Act!
I want to use MS Outlook for all my emails but want the history of this activity to be saved to the record in Act!. This works when I use the Act! email fucntionality, but I get an error message when I try and utilize Outlook. CJ ...

can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments
i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid. You might investigate the use of 'Conditional Formatting' to change the background colour of a cell when today's date (TODAY()) has some meaning in relation to the pay date. eg. Red when overdue, yellow when due in 5 days time, otherwise green. HTH, Fred "Colin2u" wrote: > i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function &g...

Templates #2
I am trying to create a template for a newsletter on P2000. Is it true that Microsoft forces you to use their template folder? Can't seem to save it elsewhere. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Builder <dovbaer353@yahoo.com>!"... > I am trying to create a template for a newsletter on P2000. Is it > true that Microsoft forces you to use their template folder? Can't > seem to save it elsewhere. If you want to save the file as a template that can be used to create future publications from by using New > From Template, the te...

Office 4.2.1 and OS 9.2.2
Can I use this version of Office which I had with 8.1. Just upgraded to 9.2.2 and it says "Microsoft dialog library not found". > Can I use this version of Office which I had with 8.1. > Just upgraded to 9.2.2 and it says "Microsoft dialog > library not found". It's not compatible. You'll have to upgrade to (at least) Office 98 or downgrade to Mac OS 8.6. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;288769 -- Bernard Rey MVP office:macintosh ...

mailbox acting weird
this is somehow related to my other thread. i disable and renable a user acct. after i renable their account, theythey were able to open their mailbox after like an hour later. they can access their mail over the web also. now the dilema is, some user have access to their mailbox (inbox, calender, task etc.), can't open them up in outlook. it said "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." so what is going on here? and anyone know how to resolve this? btw, we are using exchange 2003 sp2 with outlook 200...

Checking Mailboxes #2
Recently moved from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003. Under 5.5 we could log into a workstation as Administrator and then we could reconfigure outlook to any user. We need to do this to be able to check for e-mails when people are not in - we could blank the password and log in that way but it would mean phone calls when the user comes back in and their password is not recognised. I cant seem to be able to check boxes now... any suggestions as to the best way to do it?? at the moment I am blanking out the password so i can log in as them but it is causing me more propblems!!! ...

Can I set the booklet printing to 4page option-1&4,2&3, 5&8 etc
on a 20 page document Publisher sets printing page 20&1, 2&19, 18&3 etc. I wish to be able to print as in the subject . On a 20 page booklet the first sheet of paper will print 1 & 2 and 19 & 20, the second sheet of paper will be 3 & 4 and 17 & 18, the third sheet of paper will be 5 & 6 and 15 & 16 etc. -- Don Vancouver USA "Dick" <Dick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DAEC64E-6460-411C-9CD6-3580854F1048@microsoft.com... > on a 20 page document Publisher sets printing page 20&1, 2&19, 18&3 etc. I >...

Tab Key acting like Alt-Tab
Lately, when I've been trying to use the tab key, I get that Windows switch thing that supposed to happen when you alt-tab. I don't know whether I'm doing something to make that happen or need to re-map my keyboard. It usually starts after I'm using FaceBook weirdly enough. Any ideas? Could be option enabled in "Ease of Access" (used to be called by a more sensible name "Accessibility"). So check those options, e.g. 'sticky keys" options, etc. If that doesn't solve issue, are you sure "Alt" is not faulty i.e. not stuck...

Account locked out after 1 try
Hi! I do not know what's happening, but my password policy is by 3 tries. When I try to access my mail via Outlook my account get locked out after the first bad password entry. If I try to access via OWA there's no issue. Please help me! ...

vLookup but choose either of 2 columns
Hi All, I have a scenario where I want to lookup a value in column A but would like to choose either column 4 or 5 from the resultant row in a drop down based on other criteria I know. Is something like that possible? If so is it possible to have a heading on each column to better identify which is which? How would I attempt such a manouver? Cheers Hugh =vlookup(b1,sheet2!a:e,if(a1="asdf",4,5),false) Will look for a match between B1 of sheet2 column A. If A1 = "asdf", then column 4 (D) will be returned. Otherwise, column 5 (E) will be returned. You can make that ...

rms 1.3 #4
Do any of the credit card processors in RMS 1.3 support avs? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009E_01C89A50.B690C020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JJ, No. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of...

Detecting and Empty Query Result and acting on it!
Hi: I have a query that is used as a basis for a form, however when the query does not find an results, the form just does not work out at all!! I would like to be able to detect that the query will produce no results BEFORE I open the form, and if it does have no results I would like to issue a message and move down a different program,m path. My challenge is in determining when the query result will be empty. I am just not certain how to set up to detect that condition. I am using Macros, and set the following condition, but its not acceptable: IsEmpty([IUU05 Set Up Investment Action U...

Namespace headache #2
I'm using the following XML: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD-------------- <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8" ?> <Elements xmlns=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/"> <Module Url=3D"_catalogs/masterpage" Path=3D"PageLayouts"> <File Url=3D"List.aspx" Type=3D"GhostableInLibrary"> </Module> </Elements> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD-------------...

Resetting Record Number Field to start @ 1
I have a Make Table Query that creates an additional Field "RecordNumb". When run, the RecordNumb commences at 1 through to 12 (12 records in the Table) When run again, I need the RecordNumb to commence at 1 again rather than commence at 13 as it does. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Access will reset the AutoNumber if you delete the existing records and then compact the database. If you want to do it programmatically, this code will reset the Seed of the AutoNumber: http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADOX.html#ResetSeed -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western A...

Show page number 1 on page 2
When I use Insert Page Number from the Insert Menu and uncheck Show On First Page, there is no number on the first page (which is what I want) but the number displayed on the second page is 2 and I want it to be 1. How do I get it to show 1 on the second page? This seemed to offer a simpler solution to having two masters, but it doesn’t seem yet to fulfil its promise! I am using 2003 Mary Ann wrote: > When I use Insert Page Number from the Insert Menu and uncheck Show > On First Page, there is no number on the first page (which is what I > want) but the number displayed o...

Groups #2
I have an Exchange 2000 server that I inherited that has all the email groups setup as Global Security Groups. I need to be able to add one group to another group and it will not let me. Is there any way to do this without recreating the groups as distribution groups?? Is your AD native mode? Global Groups can be part of other Global Groups in same domain. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Patricia" <me@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u$u18zHuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 server that I inherited that has ...

ACT! and Outlook Email
We are currently using Outlook 02' with ACT! 6.0 email integration. Seeing that ACT! has not worked out all of their bugs with their new version, we have been trying to stick to using Outlook as our email system. The other day when I opened ACT! Email to view an old email attachment, I ended up retrieving all of my bosses email, but only the email she received while she was on vacation and had her "out of office reply" on. We contacted our DSL provider and they told us it could be one of three reasons: 1. I have their email accounts set up in Outlook on my computer -...