ACT! 6.0 to CRM 3.0 using scribe

Hi All,

Currently trying to migrate from ACT! 6.0 into the latest release of CRM.
Everything has come across apart from email bodies and attachments.

Has anyone sucessfully migrated email bodies using scribe into CRM?

ACT! stores emails as files in a shared folder. The paths for these emails
are being correctly picked up during the migration. The file names are being
stored within the crm database. However when opening an email only the
subject is displayed within the mail body.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Kind Regards,

Ryan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ryan,

We have migrated just about any data to any data. We have also done Act to
CRM. We use the SDK and a number of Our own tools.

The problem with what you have migrated now is that you *may* have no way of
associating the email bodies to the email in CRM. It is important when
migrating to CRM to plan the entire process and really understand all of the
steps.

--
Jeff Loucks [MVP]
Available Technology

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Currently trying to migrate from ACT! 6.0 into the latest release of CRM.
> Everything has come across apart from email bodies and attachments.
>
> Has anyone sucessfully migrated email bodies using scribe into CRM?
>
> ACT! stores emails as files in a shared folder. The paths for these emails
> are being correctly picked up during the migration. The file names are
> being
> stored within the crm database. However when opening an email only the
> subject is displayed within the mail body.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Ryan

0
Jeff
7/3/2007 1:05:55 PM
I can assure you that I have *no* way of associating the email bodies to the
emails in CRM. However since this is just a *test* migration I *shouldn't*
have any real problems.

Anyway as an update I have found that the scribe software as created notes
within the crm system, which the emails attached. However these notes are not
link to either a customer or an account. So they just exist.

May need to make changes to the translation template to try and attach the
emails to the activities, rather than notes. Scribe is putting them into the
annotation table, when they should go into activityattachments table. Need to
bind on activity id somehow during the insert step.

"Jeff L [MVP]" wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> We have migrated just about any data to any data. We have also done Act to
> CRM. We use the SDK and a number of Our own tools.
>
> The problem with what you have migrated now is that you *may* have no way of
> associating the email bodies to the email in CRM. It is important when
> migrating to CRM to plan the entire process and really understand all of the
> steps.
>
> --
> Jeff Loucks [MVP]
> Available Technology
> 888-474-2237
> Come see our CRM presentations at TechEd and SMB Nation
> on integrating other Microsoft Technologies
> (Project, Mappoint, Sharepoint, Dynamics)
>
> "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Currently trying to migrate from ACT! 6.0 into the latest release of CRM.
> > Everything has come across apart from email bodies and attachments.
> >
> > Has anyone sucessfully migrated email bodies using scribe into CRM?
> >
> > ACT! stores emails as files in a shared folder. The paths for these emails
> > are being correctly picked up during the migration. The file names are
> > being
> > stored within the crm database. However when opening an email only the
> > subject is displayed within the mail body.
> >
> > Can anyone shed any light on this issue?
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Ryan

DMF from ACT
Hello, I have an ACT database, and I should be migrated to CRM 3.0. I can export the ACT data to .dbf of .cvs (and perhaps clean it in excel). However when I use the DMF, I have to populate the cdf database. Unfortunaley, it isn't clear to me how to do this. It might sound as a stupid question to some of you, but I'm new to this and really don't find it. Find a partner in your area who has done ACT! to MS CRM conversions. Data Migration is not an easy task, in fact it is the hardest task associated with migrating to MS CRM. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC The Norwich Gro...

Can't add a 0 (zero) to the beginning of a number in a cell
I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. Scott You can format the cell to be text and it will then allow a 0 to be added to the front of a number however this may cause problems if you are using that number in inequalities. Scottrow wrote: > I am trying to put a serial number in a cell but it starts with a zero. > After I type in 09867453 and move to the next cell the 0 disappears. > > Scott Scott, The first answer is correct however it may be alot easier if you add an a...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Recover using Trans act logs?
Is it possible to roll back the exchange database to recover deleted emails if I have all the trans act files? What I am looking to do is recover a particular days set of emails; the deletion settings on the Mailbox store on the Exchange 2k3 is set for 1 day...I need to be able to retrieve a series of emails on a particular day last week. The recover deleted email option on the client will not work becuase of such short Exch Server deletion setting (hard delete). Can a recovery be done? If so, would you point me in the correct direction? Many thanks, Mel You'll have to go to ...

Using MS Word as email editor causes "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning"
I am using MS Word as my email editor in Outlook XP. Whenever I press "new email", I get the warning that "program trying to access email addresses in Outlook warning" How do I fix this? If you have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, you will need to disable the PDFMaker addin. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for more details on how to do. If you don't have a full version of Adobe Acrobat installed, check out the link anyway since it lists some of the 3rd party applications that may trigger the additional security blocks added...

E-mail question #3
If I get an e-mail with a message and also an attachement, is there a way to save all items received (i.e., the message and also the attachment) at the same time in my computer at the same time? (i.e., to a job folder, all at one time and with only one step). Thanks in advance. Maybe this: www.MailToFile.com/en/ or take a look at www.slipstick.com "Octavio" <octavioven@msn.com> wrote in message news:eOXyD4l6GHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > If I get an e-mail with a message and also an attachement, is there a way to > save all items received (i.e., the message an...

Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center.
(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject) Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm really frustrated because I'm pretty good with computers and I've been at a standstill trying to fix this for about 5 hours now. I'm running Windows Vista Home Editi...

Good MRP for CRM?
Were in the process of looking for an MRP that will work well with our CRM. From what I've read seems like only Great Plains, and supposedly Navision (when CRM 2.0 comes out) will be directly made to work with CRM. Were a small shop,......about 12 CRM users, and with a new MRP, that might add at most 10 users. I'm mostly concerned about how it will integrate with CRM as I simply don't have the resources to customize ALL the bridges that would be needed. Any ideas? Thoughts? Experiences? thanks, Gary Gary, Knowing your tolerance for the quirks of CRM itself, I'd sugest y...

Act!
I want to use MS Outlook for all my emails but want the history of this activity to be saved to the record in Act!. This works when I use the Act! email fucntionality, but I get an error message when I try and utilize Outlook. CJ ...

CRM installation 05-03-05
Hi, I have the following problem: As a prerequisite for CRM installation you have to install and start the indexing service. Whenever I start indexing service on my Windows SBS 2003 server the CPU usage goes up to 100% and I lose control of my system. At this point all I can do is turning the system down and restart it. I've also tried to set indexing parameters to low values, but this operation has not changed anything. Thank you Marco Hi Marco The first time Indexing service is run it will take quite some time to build it's inital index, and once this is done it will use lo...

can cell's act like time clock at a certen time/date for payments
i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function like a time clock to remind of schedule payments. i have created a basic family budget planner which has in cridet cards to be paid. You might investigate the use of 'Conditional Formatting' to change the background colour of a cell when today's date (TODAY()) has some meaning in relation to the pay date. eg. Red when overdue, yellow when due in 5 days time, otherwise green. HTH, Fred "Colin2u" wrote: > i was wondering if one can use a sheet cell of a particuler item, to function &g...

Message Box #3
I have forgotten how to get a message box to appear I want a message box to confirm the information with a yes no buttonand the message "Are you sure the Information is correct?" Thanks Greg Hi Greg along the lines of response = msgbox("Are you sure the information is correct?",vbyesno,"Check!!!) or if msgbox("Are you sure the information is correct?",vbyesno,"Check!!!) =vbyes then msgbox "Goodbye" End if -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Greg" <la...

Deleting rows #6
Hi all How can I delete rows below my work area? Someone's selected loads of rows (upto 6000) and saved the workbook. Any advice would be appreciated Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select entire row directly below your work area, Hit the delete key, save file. Though this will not actually delete the rows, it will reset the last row number used to assist in scrolling through your work area "Joey >" <<Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Joey.18nwvr@excelforum-nospam.com... : Hi all : : How can I delete rows below my w...

Email Notifications #3
I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everything works fine, but I have complaints that the email notification in the Web Outlook Access is not working for AD users. It works for admin accounts but not a standard user, do they need to be in a certian group in order for it to work for them. It does work for them as long as the Outlook Web Access window is maximized and on top of everthing else. On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:30:04 -0800, New email notifications in OWA <New email notifications in OWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have set up an Exchange 2003 Server and everyt...

Table of cells contains comingled text (A,B,C,1,2,3)-formated as .
Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the printing instructions for each file. So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print. Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur ...

Printing problem #6
When I use print preview everything looks fine, but when I actually print the area some of the rows do not print. I am using Excel 2000 on a PC. Is there some "hidden" formatting in the cells that prevent them from printing? Are zoom on worksheet and printpreview both at 100%? "Jerry" <jminet@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:1f49501c389d1$a5f20e20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I use print preview everything looks fine, but when I > actually print the area some of the rows do not print. I > am using Excel 2000 on a PC. Is there some "hidden" >...

.pst files #6
Hey out there. Can someone tell me in Windows98 the program that there is to fix a corrupted .pst file. I know there is one either in Windows or from Microsoft out there that will go through and fix any problems, but I cannot find it any longer. Also, is there a maximum size for .pst files. I have one that is about 1.5gb and it is starting to cause problems with Outlook. Thanks! AnthonyB <harpuat1@netscape.net> wrote: > Hey out there. Can someone tell me in Windows98 the > program that there is to fix a corrupted .pst file. I > know there is one either in Windows ...

Exchange Router CRM 3.0 Not Installing
I am trying to Install the Exchange Router. The documentation just says the it needs to have Windows 2003 Standard and Exchange Server 2003. (Plus the other requirements which we have) When I try to install it will not let me saying that Operating System version 5.2 (Which is Windows 2003 Standard) is not a supported operating system. My guess is this is a documentation bug and that the router now requires Windows 2003 SP1 just like the MS CRM server requires it now with RTM code. Does anyone have an official answer to what is required to install the router. I have a client who real...

use of settempvar in a report to print a var value
I am new to access and using access 2007. I want to use a macro and a settempvar line to capture a computed value and print it at the end of the report. I can't tell whether the variable ever gets populated, and it doesn't seem to print. Thanks. There is a timing issue here. How are you assigning the value to the tempvar? Will this be complete by the time Access is calculating the end of the report? One way around that is to use the events of the report (e.g. the Print event of the Detail section.) However, even this may fail: a) The total may be wrong if you don't print a...

mailbox acting weird
this is somehow related to my other thread. i disable and renable a user acct. after i renable their account, theythey were able to open their mailbox after like an hour later. they can access their mail over the web also. now the dilema is, some user have access to their mailbox (inbox, calender, task etc.), can't open them up in outlook. it said "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." so what is going on here? and anyone know how to resolve this? btw, we are using exchange 2003 sp2 with outlook 200...

Stock Count Forms
Customer is on GP9 using Stock Counts. They are trying to print their stock count forms - and they have provided a screen shot of the STOCK COUNT MASS ADD window - it includes an option to Include Site/Items with zero on hand quanity- they are leaving this unchecked - expecting those items that have an on hand of zero to not show up the reports - they are showing up. In my GP9 - i don't have this option - Please help... ...

Using AutoFilter In Excel, I can't get Excel to recalculate only .
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with numbered values in cells. At the top of the spreadsheet I have an area for calculations. Within the spreadsheet I have several repeated lines of text with numbers tied to them. I thought that when I filtered the spreadsheet for a certain lineof text or name, the appropriate calculations would be performed only on/for that line of text or name. This is not happening as Excel is making calculations from the entire sheet. Is it possible to have Excel filter for a certain line of text, there may be 200 entries or so and calculate only what is bein...

Custom forms to add a Account/Lead data into CRM
Hey All, Due to requirements of the system we are developing,we need to create a screen which will have 2 entities on the same screen as this isnt possible thru normal customization we need to opt for custom aspx forms and MS CRM SDK to add the data. I need to develop a form and usign CRM SDK populate the upper half of the custom form with account info and provide a data entry screen for the lead entity in the lower half (the same form). I have absolutely no idea how to add a lead entity into the CRM Database using SDK Any links/Sites/code snippets you can provide to me will be helfull. Th...

Stationary #6
I would like to create a stationery page that has an image in the top center of the page and not as a repeated image in the background. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance. ...

2.0
Currently I have one store with 1.2 Store Op and no service plan. I am opening another store in a few weeks with 2 lanes and I also need a HQ. Since I heard that 2.0 will not be shipping before March, what should I get? A 2 lane versions of 1.3 and a 1.3 HQ? If I get these 1.3s, do I have to upgrade the existing 1.2? Eventually I'd like to get everything upgraded to 2.0. whatever you do - version wise - everything will have to be on the same version otherwise the data will not flow between hq and stores. 2.0 is shipping from nex week in the UK so you shouldnt have any issues gettin...