Accounts & Contacts Company Name CRM & GP

Our company is in the process of implementing a crm3 to great plains 9.

We were told that we need to convert Leads to Accounts & Contacts for the
way Great Plains & Crm Integrates using the Scribe solution we purchased.

The problem is that when we have multiple accounts with the same company
name that they do not import correctly.  These ARE NOT the same company even
though they have the same company name.  We are trying to figure out how this
will work in CRM and Great Plains.

For example we could have RE/MAX Northwest in Chicago area and a RE/MAX
Northwest in Texas that are not related except that they are both affiiated
with RE/MAX.  Since real estate names are very similar we do not want to be
grouping company names together.  We consider our sales process to be
Business to Individual, not Business to Company.

I originally thought we should just convert Leads to Contacts (and not
accounts), but was told that this is not the structure for the integration to
Great Plains and extensive modifications would be needed (as there are
default mapping templates).

I am looking for ideas.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I agree with whoever told you about accounts, because  Account in CRM =
Customer in GP.  That said, the reason you have Scribe is to have a
customized integration as very few companies are truly "vanilla".

Lee Adler

0
Lee

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Adding Live Communications Contacts address List
I'm not sure if this is the correct Newsgroup for this question, but if you could redirect me, I will post there We have an Exchange 2003 server running in a 2000 Active Directory network. We just installed LiveCommunications Server on a seperate 2003 member server. I created all the SIP accounts, then added each user to my contact list, I then saved my contact list and imported the list to each user. Is there a way I can have the users pull view all Messenger users without importing contacts. Can I add an address book to Exchange I know a user can add a contact through messenger, bu...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Installing CRM Server on AD Machine
When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am getting the following message: "Your Active Directory deployment must be in native mode." I was looking for some guidance... I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance. First you need to switch to Native Mode, second forget doing it anyway for now, you can not install CRM on a DC. It will fail. Sorry fro the bad news. "Stan Guss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e701c3c1ee$2c67c040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM Server on my AD Machine I am &...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Contact list assistance.
I am having a problem. I am trying to print out an individual address card in Outlook. When I print the end results I get a second sheet which lists the individual fields available. I only want the address card to print. How can I get this to happen? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. -- darylakagod ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Wife's Name On Templates
My wife created mailing labels and other documents and now her name and her business name are on the labels, brochures, flyers and other doc templates when they're opened. I tried removing and reinstalling Publisher 2002 to get the templates to return to their blank defaults but no luck. Are there registry hacks that have to be done? How do I fix this? -- a( : [|]=( DaffyD� A Duck With Tools Is A Duck To Be Reckoned With On the toolbar, edit, personal information This article might be useful PUB2002: Personal Information Dialog Box Appears with Each New Publication http://support.mic...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

Problem referring to "names" in formulas across sheets
Hi Excel - experts! I'm somewhat baffeled: On sheet 1 I have defined a "name" for cells A3:A500 as "AllDays". On sheet 3 I have a formula using this name: =SUBTOTAL(9;AllDays) However if I check the formula with "evaluate formula" this equals to =SUBTOTAL(9;A3:A97). Evidently referring to names across sheets is limited to 100 cells. If I use the same formula on sheet 1 everything seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rene I use named ranges across sheets which are tens of thousands of rows deep, so there should not be a limit like the one you ...

CRM 3.0
Hi, When you are adding existing products onto an order, you select a product from the look-up and it then, on the same form asks you to choose a unit. Our CRM setup has only 1 unit, and will only ever have 1 unit called Each. Is there any way to change the system to automatically default to Each? Can this be done in a Call-out or some way through and SDK or something!! It would save a lot of time when picking products, which in itself is a long process. Thanks so much. Shauna this may help: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/defaultvalues.mspx "Shauna...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

CRM 4.0
Do CRM contacts get automatically updated in a blackberry through Outlook? Dear Karen, If you are using synchronization with outlook and blackbary contact, it will. also if you are using crm 3 mobile clint it will updated. www.cwrmobility.com for mobile ms crm solutions -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Karen" wrote: > Do CRM contacts get automatically updated in a blackberry through Outlook? ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Outlook
When I type in a phone number the software propmts me to configure an "out dial" capability. When I decline this, the program gets in a loop and corrupts the database which necessitates an automatic repair / re-install of Office. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how'd you get around it? Thanks. GJK ...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

new string started on PF contact folder issue
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my question. I wanted to clear the air on my original message, I think it had some confusing/incorrect syntax. As I re-read my post, it doesn't make sense, so I'll rephrase. Forget all the references to the GAL as in my 1st post. When the SBS server user creates a PF containg contact items, by default the properties/OAB tab/'show this folder as an email address list' ISN'T ticked. When he does tick it on the server-side, the Outlook 2003 clients open a new email clicks on To: and in the address lists available, the newly c...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Outlook 2007 Copy and Paste Contacts Functionality
Hello All, I am using Office 2007 Professional with SP2 installed. In Outlook 2007, I have users that are looking for the copy and paste functionality on contacts in their contacts or Business Contact Manager contacts folders. It is missing. I verified this myself. Any reason as to why this is missing? Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this. Copy and paste? What, specifically, are they trying to copy and paste? The entire Contact record? Copy from where and paste to where? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.off...