Account Re-assignment and Child Object Re-assignment

Has anyone else experienced this situation or noticed it...
We have approximately 2000 accounts; most with a dedicated Account Manager
covering them.  In addition, we have a team of Inside Sales and Technical
resources that deal with all accounts.  At times (new Account Manager,
Account reorganization) the account ownership needs to be changed.  This is
all well and good; however, when you reassign an account ALL CHILD OBJECTS
are also reassigned.  This is fine for contacts and maybe even
quotes/orders/invoices; however, why would we want all child activities also
reassigned?

This is especially troublesome when we are doing workflow or saleprocesses
in which we now have activities that were intended to be assigned to a
particular user end up being reassigned to the account manager.

Ideally, it would only reassign contacts - however, the ability to select
which child objects you wanted to reassign would be best solution.

Anyone have a way to address this?  Otherwise, reassigning of an account or
contact is useless.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Mutchler

0
Jason
1/11/2004 9:43:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes, I experienced the same thing during testing of 1.0,
and because of this, I did NOT specify ANY workflow that
change ownership.  I agree this is a MAJOR problem that,
if it was a design feature, was an extremely poorly
implemented one.

At the very least, it should only reassign records that
had the old user as the owner.  Ideally, it should pop up
a dialog that lets you check which sub-records you want
to reassign.

(Oh, and don't try to go around this, and update any
owner stuff in the back end DB.  At least not if you have
more than 1 BU.  The security descriptors,
owningbusinessunit, and who knows what else are involved
figuring out who can see the record.  What a mess I made
of my prototype system when I did this!)

Sorry man, I feel your pain...

Dave

0
Dave

email accounts...import
How would I import my email accounts from another computer.... I have many accounts from outlook 2003 and would like to import them to another computer and can I also import the rules from another computer? I have the hard drive access to it... as the registry got royally messed up after downloading a "pick of the day" from PCMagazine site! Last time I do that! Ron.... wrote: > How would I import my email accounts from another computer.... > > I have many accounts from outlook 2003 and would like to import them to > another computer > > and can I also...

insert object
as I can insert a report object to modify with vba some reports. in a manual they indicate to me that I must insert or work with report object but not where these objects are inserted ...

How to re-install Money 2006
I am an idiot and purchased the online version of the delux edition. I went and lost the hard drive in a most wonderfull crash. I had some backups, data not programs so I have the Money data file. I download the 2006 trial version and log in with my passport figuring it would atomatically download the better version. All I get though is that the trail version has expired and to buy the update online. Now I know I am an idot for buying the online version instead of the CD so please do not point that out. Anyone have a cute way of getting me up and running without that whole re-purchase...

Importing web objects (?)
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the Google Finance charts to show up in excel. Google provides a link, but I can't see an easy way to implement this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nelson On Jan 24, 9:28=A0am, Nelson <bni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel > (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the > Google Finance charts to show up in excel. > > Google provides a link, ...

re:
Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how it's done? I have to explain. Recently at work we stopped receiving some emails from one person at a company. All of her emails say almost exactly the same thing and in the past we have not had a problem but last week we did not receive three, and this week we did not receive four so far. Other people are copied in on the email and only people at my company are not recieving it. We have checked the server and with our service provider and the emails are nowhere to be found. The person later copies and pastes the original email sent and...

Re-install
If I re-install Money 2002, does anyone know if I will lose my current .mny file, or will it still be in my Money directory and allow me to load it after the re- install? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you! It shouldn't lose it. But it probably shouldn't be in the Money directory anyway. That's what My Documents is for. "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308801c3fcf4$06332220$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If I re-install Money 2002, does anyone know if I will > lose my current .mny file, or will it still be in my >...

Automatically selecting email account
I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one for personal. Both are= = configured in Outlook 2003. My contacts list contains a number of busine= ss = contacts (category =3D "Work") and a number of personal contacts (catego= ry =3D = "Personal"). Is there a way to automatically use the appropriate email = account according to which person I am emailing? I mean that the moment Outlook sees a contact in the "to" field who is = assigned to the "Work" category, it uses the business email etc. I don't want a business contact to see my pe...

Update Retirement Account wizard loses all my data (2005)
Every month I use the somewhat tedious Update Retirement Account wizard to enter the month's 401(k) transactions. (Yes, I know I could try downloading them, but that hasn't worked smoothly in the past and I'm wary of it.) Anyway, since upgrading to Money 2005, I get an error at the end of the process when I click the Finish button: "Your information is being saved. If the problem persists..." When I click OK, none of my data is saved. Any ideas? Thanks! -Doug I came across this one over the weekend on the UK version. If I hear back I'll try to remember to...

Handling contacts in accounts
Can anyone suggest the best way to deal with a contact who leaves a company and reappears in another company. Should the contact just be reassigned, or should they be left (deactivated?) in the existing company, and a new contact created. I am interested in tracking history both with the old account, and with the contact themselves. Technojeff, you can use the relationships to do this. Reassign your contact to the new company, add a relationship between the contact and old company. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu technojeff schreef: > Can anyone suggest the...

Re-installed WLM and can't find email folder
I had the BOD and tried everything to no avail so reinstalled xp home premium. I didn't lose any data but had to reinstall all my programs. The only one I am having difficulies with is WLM. It can't find my old folder to import. I unhid my files and searched to no avail. What parameters should I use for the search to find the folder. I went into WLM and saw where it normally would save to but nothing is there. Because of the BOD I didn't get to prepare for this as I did when I did a win7 computer (successful). Any suggestions would be helpful. John D...

Money 2003 account download
I have Money 2003 and have found when I download account data, it sometimes downloads duplicate data. For example, I deposited two paychecks into my account last week (Was on vacation.) Since my deposit was for DOUBLE the usual amount, I change the deposit amount to the normal amount of my single paycheck so the correct deductions would be shown in Money. I need did a manual paycheck in money, again, for the correct deductions. Now, when the ORIGINAL deposit worth twice the money showed up, I changed the numbers, then accepted. When I downloaded my account info today, I received the same ...

Money 2006 and Account On-line Setup
Hello: I just upgraded from 2005 Deluxe to 2006 Deluxe. I want to add a Citibank account for online transacations. When I attempt to do this, it says I must use my .NET Userid. If I do not, the only option is to cancel. Also, I do not want to synch my data to the Web (MS Server). This didnt exist in 2005. Any suggestions????? ...

Assign e-mail address to public folder?
Hello, Is it possible to assign an e-mail address to a public folder? For example, have the address department@company.com routed to a public folder called "Department" so that any e-mail sent to that address from the internet would end up in that folder. Thank you, ~Jaye I may be wrong but I believe by default all public folders are mail enabled upon creation. Check the properties on the folder in question. Go to the E-Mail Addresses tab and check to see if they have a SMTP address and a SMTP.local address. "Jaye" <unknown@unknown.com> wrote in message...

Attempt to execute com object RmsGcm.Rms failed
When I go to tender a sale I get the message "Attempt to execute COM object RmsGcm.Rms failed" - How can I fix this? "Mark_MVN" <MarkMVN@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:8AD9EEDD-BF94-4EB7-8C9C-12B060860EE7@microsoft.com... > When I go to tender a sale I get the message "Attempt to execute COM > object > RmsGcm.Rms failed" - How can I fix this? It's an add-on. Contact your RMS vendor! antonio "Mark_MVN" wrote: The solution is as follows: 1.) Shutdown the PC. 2.) Remove the parallel printer cable f...

Open and close an account record creates "changes"?
When I open and then close an Account record (in Web Client and Outlook Client of CRM) without changing anything, it still gives me the error "Are you sure you want to navigate from this page? Your changes have not been saved ... etc.." What can be the reason for this? We might have some workflows and/or coding on the Acount entity, but nothing unsupported or anything complicated..? Hi, Most probably you have some JScript on the form which is recalculating some field. If some field have value "100" and using some JScript, you remove that value and then reenter same v...

Unable to update accounts
After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... I need some help. On Nov 13, 12:55 pm, Bobert <Bob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been > able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't > figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... > I need some he...

Stocks, Bonds Purchase From Checking Account
I have a schedule set up with my funds company to withdraw a certain amount of dollars from my checking account into the funds company. But when I download the transactions from bank into Money via online updates, my "transfer" of money into mutual funds, is considered as uncategoried expense. For example, if I took out 100 dollars to buy funds, it thinks this is an expense. How can I get around that? I have the same problem when I use treasurydirect to buy some bonds as well... You should make sure that the two transactions downloaded, one for the cash account and one f...

How can i stop Outlook from re-retrieving messages on the server?
Outlook all of the sudden, is recieving thousands of old emails that I have already read. It does this now whenever I open the program and will only get old emails, never quite making it to the newest ones, of course, the ones that I need! Pop account? Did you select the option to keep a copy on the server? and is that needed? If so, and pop account, log on to web mail, create a new folder, move all your old msgs to the new folder "Tdragonman" <Tdragonman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E43FC66-F4A3-4758-99DC-A15E40B17FD7@microsoft.com... &g...

allocation account
I have a fixed allocation account, then distributes the amount to 10 account numbers. When I create a Journal Voucher and choose this account as the debit side, and then save it in a batch. If the debit if for $100 for example, it will then distribute it to the various accounts. Is there a way to print the batch that shows the distribution. Currently, you have to post to see the distribution. It would be nice to see a pre posting report that show the different accounts that will be impacted. Thanks Without a custom report, I don't believe you'll be able to see this. The reas...

New Exchange Mail Account in Window 7
I am using Win 7 (64-bit) and have installed Office 2010 beta (64-bit). I am trying to install a user in Outlook 2010 to use an existing Exchange account. I am being told I need to open the User tab in Control Panel and under the profile I need to add to go to Mail. I cannot find the Mail portion of the User profile in Win 7 Control Panel. I had a similar situation in Vista 64 using Outlook 2007, but then I found the place to add an Exchange mail user in the Control Panel 32-bit section. I am going in circles, please help me stop. Resolved "Michael P" wrote: > I...

Getting an error message "Cannot shift objects off of sheet"
While horizontally grouping (outlining) a set of columns, I receive an error message that reads "Cannot shift objects off of sheet" when I press the ( - ) to collapse the columns. There are no objects that I am aware of, and the message does not appear when the last column is ungrouped. Also, it appears when the previous group is collapsed and visa versa. That is, I can collapse one group and get the message when I try to collapse the other group. It is really strange the message pops up at some of the oddest times. Has anyone encountered this before. Anyone's help would b...

How to handle Contact customers vs. Account customers ?
Hello people, I wonder how consumers should be handled in Microsoft CRM. By "consumers" I mean customers that are individuals, "Contacts" in MS CRM. At first, it seems that this should be handled the same way standard Accounts should be handled: quotes, orders and invoices are available just like they are with Accounts. Then, however, I see contacts have no account number. I can, of course, easily create one on the Contact entity, but I am not sure this is a good idea. So, all experienced users out there: how should I do this ? Do you have any suggestions for a B2...

Subform question re: datasheet view
I am working with Access 2003. I have a main form and subform. My subform is in datasheet view. I would like to know if in a subform - datasheet view you can freeze the column headings so that when you scroll down you can keep the column heading? (like in Excel you can freeze columns/row). Thank you for any help you can provide. The column headings should be the field names and there is no freezing to be done. Are you inserting a record with headings? If so the is the wrong thing to do in Access database. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "TotallyConfused&quo...

multiple email accounts in separate inboxes
RE: multiple email accounts in separate inboxes I have several email accounts I need to set up. I would like to store each email account in a different inbox. I'm not sure the best way to approach this is. Maybe each one has a different .pst folder or maybe some other way is better. They are all POP accounts. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks. Michael Vestel San Francisco, CA 94110 If you don't want to use rules to move messages to other subfolders, you might try using separate Outlook profiles.... Michael Vestel wrote: > RE: multiple email accounts in separate...

Can't Find, Re-subscribe or subscribe to any Excel NG's
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, Spyware Doctor (with real-time Intelliscan), MBAM, SAS and Cleaner, Office 2007. I might be posting on the wrong NG but that's because I cannot seem to subscribe anymore to any Excel NG's such as: Microsoft. public.excel.anythingatall, so I can't set up a new post. Each of these NG's related to Excel is declaring that there are "no posts available anymore". I used to be subscribed to Microsoft. public.excel.setup, Microsoft. public.excel.programming, Microsoft. public.excel.general, and a few...