Account Data Import

I am importing Accounts from CSV file. For testing, I
have only 4 to 5 records in 2 columns - Name and Street (all data are in
plain text). I am using Tools->Import in V 3.0 and all I am getting in
Workplace->Activities->Bulk Import, status always remains "In progress" with
no failure reported and even no Account created / records imported.

I also checked that 1) Workflow service is pointing to the local system
(C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\Server\BIN\CrmWorkflowService.exe)
2) I stopped and restarted Workflow services as referenced at few places in
this newsgroup.

Please send your response ASAP. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

make sure your servers and clients clocks are synced as there is an issue
with clocks being out of sync

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

>I am importing Accounts from CSV file. For testing, I
> have only 4 to 5 records in 2 columns - Name and Street (all data are in
> plain text). I am using Tools->Import in V 3.0 and all I am getting in
> Workplace->Activities->Bulk Import, status always remains "In progress"
> with
> no failure reported and even no Account created / records imported.
>
> I also checked that 1) Workflow service is pointing to the local system
> (C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\Server\BIN\CrmWorkflowService.exe)
> 2) I stopped and restarted Workflow services as referenced at few places
> in
> this newsgroup.
>
> Please send your response ASAP. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Thanks.

0
John
2/8/2006 2:59:27 AM
John,

Thanks for your reply.

I am working / importing records directly on Server. So, Client and Server
clock is a non issue here. Do you have any other suggestions?

Any tips from anybody? Thanks again.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> make sure your servers and clients clocks are synced as there is an issue
> with clocks being out of sync
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am importing Accounts from CSV file. For testing, I
> > have only 4 to 5 records in 2 columns - Name and Street (all data are in
> > plain text). I am using Tools->Import in V 3.0 and all I am getting in
> > Workplace->Activities->Bulk Import, status always remains "In progress"
> > with
> > no failure reported and even no Account created / records imported.
> >
> > I also checked that 1) Workflow service is pointing to the local system
> > (C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\Server\BIN\CrmWorkflowService.exe)
> > 2) I stopped and restarted Workflow services as referenced at few places
> > in
> > this newsgroup.
> >
> > Please send your response ASAP. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > Thanks.

please confirm

on the crm web server if you look at running services, what account is the
workflow service running under?

=======================

> John,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am working / importing records directly on Server. So, Client and Server
> clock is a non issue here. Do you have any other suggestions?
>
> Any tips from anybody? Thanks again.
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
>> make sure your servers and clients clocks are synced as there is an issue
>> with clocks being out of sync
>>

>> =======================
>> John O'Donnell
>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>>

>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am importing Accounts from CSV file. For testing, I
>> > have only 4 to 5 records in 2 columns - Name and Street (all data are
>> > in
>> > plain text). I am using Tools->Import in V 3.0 and all I am getting in
>> > Workplace->Activities->Bulk Import, status always remains "In progress"
>> > with
>> > no failure reported and even no Account created / records imported.
>> >
>> > I also checked that 1) Workflow service is pointing to the local system
>> > (C:\Program files\Microsoft CRM\Server\BIN\CrmWorkflowService.exe)
>> > 2) I stopped and restarted Workflow services as referenced at few
>> > places
>> > in
>> > this newsgroup.
>> >
>> > Please send your response ASAP. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

0
John

Charting Data
Using Excel 2003 I have data that I want to chart, but I'm really not sure where to start. Is anyone willing to look at my Excel file and tell me how to chart this data? It would just be easier for someone to look at it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen Happy to have a look tomorrow. Please get my email address from my website -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ABB289D-92EB-4344-9DB9-09E6293041AD@microsoft.com... > Using Excel ...

I've written the following function for my program. Seems to work fine, however the only problem is I don't know what parameter to put in the while loop, as you can see at the moment I just have '1' which will obviously create an infinite loop, to know when to stop pulling data from 'ar'. void CLogicSimulatorDoc::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { int posx, posy, input0x, input0y, input1x, input1y; int type; if (ar.IsStoring()) { // TODO: add storing code here gate * gLoop; for (gLoop = gFirst; gLoop != 0; gLoop = gLoop->gNext) { input0x = (gLoop->i...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Data Validation Dependant Lists
Hi there, Is it possible to 'source' data validation/dependant lists from seperate worksheet within the same workbook. I know it is possibl when using only data validation lists, but when I try to sourc dependant lists using '=INDIRECT(Sheet2!A2) for example, Excel say this is not allowed?? Kind regards And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you give that range a name, you can use it in the Data|validation dialog. Debra Dalgleish explains it at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name "andyp161 <" wrote: > > Hi there, > ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Excel: import .wmf ???
a desired .wmf is in My Docu., now, how to get in wrkbook? Check out John Walkenbach's website. Specifically... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip59.htm "Playing Sound From Excel" HTH, -- Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to ''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?". "boswell20@msn.com" wrote: > a desired .wmf is in My Docu., now, how to get in wrkbook? ...

how to make gaps in plotted data when cell has formula
I have a simple data set with a value for each month except June. I want the chart to reflect a gap for June, not a zero value. Although I did tools, options, chart, make empty cells plot as gaps, it still plots the June value as a zero. In an attempt to get rid of div/o error, I have a formula in the data set as If (b5=0, "", c5/b5) . What I'm plotting is the quotient c/b. We have determined that the formula is what is causing the problem. Interestingly, if I open this same worksheet (as is) in quattro pro, the gap appears in the chart. Is there a different way to do th...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport
Hello, This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on the subreport. The price field is called Expr5. I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken the time ...

Automate text import
Hi, I've wrtten a batch file to audit all our servers, what I'd now like to do though is come up with a way excel can load these text files into one worksheet. Can anyone please help? Below is an example of the data gathered - the text files are named after the computer. Thanks Ben Computername: TEST Kernel version: Microsoft Windows 2000, Uniprocessor Free Product type: Professional Service pack: 3 IE version: 5.0100 System root: C:\WINNT Processors: 1 Processor speed...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Imported text ignores layout margins on master page and text page
I have set layout margins on text page and on master page and have viewed them both as ok. Have verification that master page is applied to text page. When a text file is imported from MS Word the Publisher margins are ignored and revert to some default. HELP! Create a text box to fit the area you want filled with text, copy and paste special (select how you want the text pasted) from Word. If you import a text file, Publisher will create a default text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Old Dog" &...

Data collection
Hi, we are new in GP10 and collecting data. our manufacturing style is on piece work basis and every piece have spacific labor cost, can some body explain me the relation between work centers, routings, operations and labor? we want the record of each work centers, operations and labor keeping in mind we don't have permanent labor in manufacturing. Malik, Not that easy! its a huge process, I would suggest checking "MfgProductionFunctions.pdf" in printable manuals for explanation about your question and the other manufacturing PDF's (Starts with MFG) for any other q...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Charts don't update when data changes
Suddenly (!!) my charts won't update when I change the data it refers to. So, even if I clear the entire column it refers to, the line (and old data) stays present in the chart. It does show the right column in "source data" (even shows it empty!), but keeps remembering the "line", even when I re-select it! This way, I can not update my data! I didn't change any settings, and it's not with all charts within one workbook. What's going on? I've been working with excel for a long time but I have never had anything like this!! Please help! ...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...