Accessing CRM 4.0 from another machine

Thanks for any help in advance...

I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can
access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues.
For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other
machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over
the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd
be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients.

I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach.
Our network engineer has opened port 5555 which has made no difference.

Thanks,
Dean
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Works fine for me

"Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for any help in advance...
>
> I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can
> access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without
> issues.
> For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other
> machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance
> over
> the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now
> I'd
> be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients.
>
> I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address
> approach.
> Our network engineer has opened port 5555 which has made no difference.

> Thanks,
> Dean

0
Peter
12/4/2007 11:15:46 AM
What about using the IP-Address?
Can you Ping the Server?
Try http://<IP-Address>:5555

Do you get a CRM Error Message or an HTML Error?

Markus

> Thanks for any help in advance...
>
> I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can
> access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without
> issues. For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from
> any other machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access
> the instance over the internet so our disconnected sales team can work
> with it, but for now I'd be happy to access it from the network, or
> for VPN clients.
>
> I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address
> approach. Our network engineer has opened port 5555 which has made no
> difference.

> Thanks,
> Dean

0
Markus
12/4/2007 2:48:46 PM
I got it!

Like most things technical, I should have "Read The Manual". It clearly
states that for Internet Facing deployments you must edit the
IfdInternalNetworkAddress registry key under
HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM to include the IP address and
subnet, i.e.:

xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx-255.255.255.0, where xxx is the IP of the CRM server.
For multiple subnets you can add multiple entries seperated by a comma.

Thnaks for the help guys...
Dean

"Dean" wrote:

> Thanks for any help in advance...
>
> I have successfully installed CRM on the server using port 5555. I can
> access it from the local machine using HTTP://localhost:5555 without issues.
> For some reason, I am unable to connect to that instance from any other
> machine on the network. Ultimately I would like to access the instance over
> the internet so our disconnected sales team can work with it, but for now I'd
> be happy to access it from the network, or for VPN clients.
>
> I have tried http://<MACHINENAME>:5555, as well as the IP address approach.
> Our network engineer has opened port 5555 which has made no difference.

> Thanks,
> Dean

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Outlook Express(6.0) INBOX Problem
I have a problem with M.S Outlook Express where I appear to have ten messages permanantly stuck in my INBOX.No matter how many times I try to access them or do a send/receive they remain "stuck" in there.I think this may have something to do with my McAfee Internet suite(8.0) which I have just had to reinstall.I have tried disabling all elements of Mcafee in case one of these is inhibiting the "release of my O.E INBOX , but still no joy.Do I have to reinstall Outlook EXpress and if so will I lose all my e mails etc.I can in the mean time send and receive E mails as per normal a...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

Anyone actually get CRM Mobile working yet?
I've been tasked to try and get CRM Mobile working on our Development network. I've installed the SW, I've followed the prompts. If you know CRM Mobile, the statement "I can even see the ssCERDA site" means something. <big grin> Problem is, I'm using my boss's new PDA/Cell phone combination. When we install, we get errors on almost all components: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" After that, it sorta installs, but then when we try to connect we...

X-Axis @ 0 wont work (PIC INCLUDED)
I have a dual y-axis graph... one series has negative values and causes the x-axis to move... ive tried using the "x-axis @ 0" but it doesnt work office XP PIC: http://www.ironchefbadass.com/www/chart.jpg the only way i can get it to sort of look right is if i play with the minimum value for the left hand y-axis.. there has to be a real way todo it right... thanx guys -- scrupul0us ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scrupul0us's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14184 View this thread: http://w...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Will CRM 3.0 support SFO under Citrix
CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen Last I heard, it will, but only for online use. Of course, what happens between now and RTM is to be determined. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:48:04 -0700, "mortennp" <mortennp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen ...

can you make one worksheet update another
I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook. One sheet is sorted by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name. Is there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the date to the second sheet? Jaime, The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Sharepoint 3.0 Help
I installed Sharepoint 3.0 SP2 on my windows 2003 DC server Standard SP2 running SQL 2005 SP3 During the installation I slected AD and it supposely created an OU sharepointOU now I get errors when trying to setup sharepoint create collection site etc Type: Error Date: 12/6/2009 Time: 6:39:45 PM Event: 3360 Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Category: Topology User: N/A Computer: TGCS001 Description: The Active Directory organization unit SharePointOU registered in Windows SharePoint Services does not exist. I must of had an error during installation that did not ...

Queue Data to another thread
Hi, I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so that Thread2 will process the queued data. What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? Thanks! Maanu wrote: > Hi, > > I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so > that Thread2 will process the queued data. > > What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? There is nothing built-in per se. But, a basic implementation will make use of the System.Collections.Generic.Queue<T> class, the Monitor class, and the "lo...

CRM and SQL Log shipping
Hi Can you please advise on the following configuration please? 1x Web server for CRM front end 1x SQL server for CRM Db 1x SQL Standby server If we configure SQL log shipping or SQL Replication from live server to standby server, how do we switch CRM front end (web) to connect to the Standby server if live server fails over (without renaming server)? Your help will be appreciated -- Regards James[MVP for Great Plains] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com This can be done via Deployment Manager. I'd make sure to test this out thogh to ensure it works as desi...

internal customer sales with 0 sales value
we provide warehouse service for internal customers, therefore we receive goods that are not ordered by us and we issue the goods when the stores make a sales. we need to find a way to reduce the stock level when issuing the goods, but we dont want to record it as a sales because it is not really a sales. any idea how we can do it in Great Plains? Thanks for your help. ...

Is there away to link something on one page to another?
Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me. Im doing a project for my NVQ4 course and before i can start i would like to know if there is anyway that using excel you can type one thing say on sheet 1 but link it so it comes on automacially on say sheet 4? Many thanks for all replies! Nickle 3 methods to choose from. 1. On sheet 4 select a cell and enter an = sign. Switch to sheet 1 and select the cell to link. Hit ENTER key. 2. In cell on sheet 4 enter =sheet1!cellref 3. Select a cell on sheet 1 and copy then switch to sheet 4 and select a cell then Paste Special>...