A number of questions

Hello,

I am setting CRM up for telesales and trying to make it as basic as I can

I have searched the web and forums, and i have the Snyder and Steger book,
but not found the answers to what i need, so hopefully someone here can help.

1. Can I have numbers next to the leads

2. Can I stop the colums sorting, when the top of the colums is clicked.

3. Apointments can be synced to outlook,  but don't seem to carry the
infomation from the record. It just pops up to say you have an appointment.
Can this be set to pull the notes from the record across?

4. I would also like to hide the navigation pane, the tempatoin to press
these buttons is a bit much for these guys, and then they get lost, and then
ask for help to get back to where they were.

Any help would be great, thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

See my answers inline below...
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Robert Williams" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am setting CRM up for telesales and trying to make it as basic as I can
>
> I have searched the web and forums, and i have the Snyder and Steger book,
> but not found the answers to what i need, so hopefully someone here can help.
>
> 1. Can I have numbers next to the leads

You can edit the views of leads and add the phone number columns by going to
Settings > Customizations. Open the Lead entity and click on Forms and Views.
Each view can be edited individually. You need to have CRM administrator
privileges of course.

> 2. Can I stop the colums sorting, when the top of the colums is clicked.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? When you edit the views, you can
choose which column to sort each view on by default.

> 3. Apointments can be synced to outlook,  but don't seem to carry the
> infomation from the record. It just pops up to say you have an appointment.
> Can this be set to pull the notes from the record across?

You need to click the "Regarding" button to open up the account/contact that
the appointment is associated with to view that info.

> 4. I would also like to hide the navigation pane, the tempatoin to press
> these buttons is a bit much for these guys, and then they get lost, and then
> ask for help to get back to where they were.

Each area of CRM is URL addressable, so if you only want users to view the
Leads area, maybe you can just provide them with a shortcut directly to that
window (http://crmserver/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=4)

> Any help would be great, thanks
That answers two questions, I'll be a bit more clear :-

1. I would like some sort of System generated number for each lead. As CRM
generates number for invoices or for tracking token for email. A number or
customer ID for each lead would be helpful

2. I would like to disable the sort function that clicking on the tops on
the columns invoke. This way the telesales people cant' lose their place.

3.  Thats great. I didn't see the requarding button before

4. That's also very helpful

5. One I forgot. Is it possible to have back/forward buttons on the form
when the lead is open. The telesales then could call, put in notes, then
press a next button, and go to the next record?

Thanks a lot Matt,

"Matt Wittemann" wrote:

> See my answers inline below...
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Robert Williams" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am setting CRM up for telesales and trying to make it as basic as I can
> >
> > I have searched the web and forums, and i have the Snyder and Steger book,
> > but not found the answers to what i need, so hopefully someone here can help.
> >
> > 1. Can I have numbers next to the leads
>
> You can edit the views of leads and add the phone number columns by going to
> Settings > Customizations. Open the Lead entity and click on Forms and Views.
> Each view can be edited individually. You need to have CRM administrator
> privileges of course.
>
> > 2. Can I stop the colums sorting, when the top of the colums is clicked.
>
> Can you clarify what you mean by this? When you edit the views, you can
> choose which column to sort each view on by default.
>
> > 3. Apointments can be synced to outlook,  but don't seem to carry the
> > infomation from the record. It just pops up to say you have an appointment.
> > Can this be set to pull the notes from the record across?
>
> You need to click the "Regarding" button to open up the account/contact that
> the appointment is associated with to view that info.
>
> > 4. I would also like to hide the navigation pane, the tempatoin to press
> > these buttons is a bit much for these guys, and then they get lost, and then
> > ask for help to get back to where they were.
>
> Each area of CRM is URL addressable, so if you only want users to view the
> Leads area, maybe you can just provide them with a shortcut directly to that
> window (http://crmserver/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=4)
>
> > Any help would be great, thanks
1. It's possible to develop a custom application to assign a lead number to
each lead. You could use some onsave script to concatenate some info to
create a unique id number. There's no "out-of-the-box" solution for this
though.
2. There's no supported way to disable this feature.
5. You can use a custom javascript in the isv.config to add next
record/previous record buttons to forms. See the blog entry at
http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2005/12/adding-nextprevious-buttons-to-entity.html

--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Robert Williams" wrote:

> That answers two questions, I'll be a bit more clear :-
>
> 1. I would like some sort of System generated number for each lead. As CRM
> generates number for invoices or for tracking token for email. A number or
> customer ID for each lead would be helpful
>
> 2. I would like to disable the sort function that clicking on the tops on
> the columns invoke. This way the telesales people cant' lose their place.
>
> 3.  Thats great. I didn't see the requarding button before
>
> 4. That's also very helpful
>
> 5. One I forgot. Is it possible to have back/forward buttons on the form
> when the lead is open. The telesales then could call, put in notes, then
> press a next button, and go to the next record?
>

> Thanks a lot Matt,
>
> "Matt Wittemann" wrote:
>
> > See my answers inline below...
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Robert Williams" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am setting CRM up for telesales and trying to make it as basic as I can
> > >
> > > I have searched the web and forums, and i have the Snyder and Steger book,
> > > but not found the answers to what i need, so hopefully someone here can help.
> > >
> > > 1. Can I have numbers next to the leads
> >
> > You can edit the views of leads and add the phone number columns by going to
> > Settings > Customizations. Open the Lead entity and click on Forms and Views.
> > Each view can be edited individually. You need to have CRM administrator
> > privileges of course.
> >
> > > 2. Can I stop the colums sorting, when the top of the colums is clicked.
> >
> > Can you clarify what you mean by this? When you edit the views, you can
> > choose which column to sort each view on by default.
> >
> > > 3. Apointments can be synced to outlook,  but don't seem to carry the
> > > infomation from the record. It just pops up to say you have an appointment.
> > > Can this be set to pull the notes from the record across?
> >
> > You need to click the "Regarding" button to open up the account/contact that
> > the appointment is associated with to view that info.
> >
> > > 4. I would also like to hide the navigation pane, the tempatoin to press
> > > these buttons is a bit much for these guys, and then they get lost, and then
> > > ask for help to get back to where they were.
> >
> > Each area of CRM is URL addressable, so if you only want users to view the
> > Leads area, maybe you can just provide them with a shortcut directly to that
> > window (http://crmserver/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=4)
> >
> > > Any help would be great, thanks

Graphics Questions
Hi, Using Excel 2007 Two questions, please: I added some text to a chart. Figured out how to do this ! Now I want to put a box around it, but have the text show. Was able to select a rectangular shape, but it comes up blue. How do I get just the rectangular box outline to show, and the text also to show (clear, no color) ? b. They have many shapes you can select, apparently, but no straight dashed line. Is there one, somewhere ? Thanks, Bob Add the rectangle; right click it an Edit Text You can also Format Shape to change colour When you add a shape make sure you first select (cl...

MSPOS Questions/Needs (NOT RMS)
We are using MSPOS in a small coffee shop. There are a number of issues we'd like to know if anyone has found solutions for: * Adding gratuity to credit/debit transactions via XML receipt template * Adding gratuity to credit/debit transactions before settling transactions * Utilizing loyalty/gift cards with MSPOS MSR feature * Utilizing barcode PLU to assign customer specific discount (e.g., local school district employees receive a 10% discount and we'd like to be able to scan a bar code that automatically applies the discount) * Running report to display all transactions tha...

calculate percentile for indexed numbers. Thanks #2
Hi, I have a large series of numbers saved in one column [34,5,21,98,34,3,432,55,27,90,1125,......]. These data are indexed, e.g. by [1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,......N] which are in another column. Basically I am calculating the 25% percentiles for numbers indexed "1", "2", "3",...., "N" respectivelly. There are a lot of numbers with a big uplimit of index "N" so that selecting numbers of each index manually is not easy. In another word, if N = 9999, then I need to calculate N 25% percentiles with one for each indexed number cla...

show row as number
My spreadsheets have numbers for row headers instead of letters. How can I change that back? All XL versions have numbers for row headers, and they can't be changed to letters. You can change *column* headers from numbers to letters by choosing Tools/Options/General and unchecking the R1C1 reference style checkbox. In article <EBE4FE47-51D1-4DD5-AF52-9F438F53C182@microsoft.com>, "pwrapco" <pwrapco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My spreadsheets have numbers for row headers instead of letters. How can I > change that back? You are the bomb. I ha...

Question on a bad URL
In Money 2004, I have an account setup with Capitol One. When I'm looking at that account and select "Go to Capitol One" -> "Go to Capitol One Financial Corp web site", the web site (or URL) it tries to use is wrong. Is there a way to update the URL and if so, how? Thanks in advance, Christopher In microsoft.public.money, Christoher wrote: >In Money 2004, I have an account setup with Capitol One. >When I'm looking at that account and select "Go to >Capitol One" -> "Go to Capitol One Financial Corp web >site", the web s...

Questions on Activities
We have a few questions on Activities and History in CRM - 1) Our major issue is the fact we can't customise this section at all :o( Will it be possible to customise the layouts and database schema for activities in the Intl. version of CRM? The major problem with this is the fact that the Subject field is free text - we want to restrict this to a picklist. We're surprised that Category and Sub Category are also free text :o( 2) There doesn't seem to be a way of knowing whether an activity had been completed or cancelled in the UI! 3) Why can't you create an appointment in w...

Page Numbers
I'm using Publisher to create booklets. The first 5 pages will be the same in each booklet, but the other 10-15 will be different depending on the location the booklet is going to. I'm doing a mail merge for the text. My struggle is figuring out how to get the page numbers on the opposite side of the page -- When you open the booklet, I want page number "2" to be on the left page, bottom left corner and page number "3" to be on the right page, bottom right corner. How can I get this to happen? Hello mlw- Are you familiar with Master Pages? Go to View>...

Microsoft Money for Sm Bus / Inventory Question
Does anyone know if this product has the capability to show inventory of "case" tied to sales of Units/Case? How are respective Costs managed? THANKS! You create inventory products, so if you have a product that is sold in cases, you would create a product (for example) Wigits - case, $400 ea. If you also sell wigits by the item, you would create another product wigits - item, $1.00. MSMo also allows you to enter your current inventory, along with your cost basis, so the software can calculate a valid revenue, cost of sales and gross product for your business. >---...

Sales Process Question 06-07-04
I have set-up a sales process w/ sales stages. When I use it, the default sales stage is the last entry in my sales process. I'm expecting the first entry? This is giving me a warning message stating if I go back to an earlier stage..blah blah blah. Does anyone know how to get around this or am I missing something. Tks ...

Cannot change routing number for bank and checkbook
I had a routing number change for the bank I was using in Dynamics. When I go into the bank card and the checkbook card, the routing number is there, but will not allow me to edit it. I need to change this in order to download my bank statement activity through Advanced Bank Reconciliation. Is there a script I have to run to change this number in the database, or is there a way to do it from the user interface that I can't find? I already saw the EFT solution, but I am not using EFT, I am using Advanced Bank Reconciliation. Thanks! Brad, You will most likely need to contact No...

selected numbers to disappear
Hi, The below code is for drawing random numbers between 1-35 (not repeating). The drawn number is being displayed in A1 and at the same time beeing added on column B1:B35 as the macro is executed repetedly via a control button. So far so good. But I need to add a new dimension to this code: I am also displaying the numbers 1...35 on column C1:C35 and as I go along selecting random numbers via the macro, I want the drawn number on column C to disappear one after the other as well...How is this achieved? TIA ---------------------- Sub Rast() Dim say As Integer Dim ara As Range Dim RS As I...

Column references changed from letters to numbers
I have a tracking list in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet (posted in Sharepoint) so other folks can add a single row of information to the list. Somehow, the column references changed from A, B, C ... to 1,2,3 ... while the row references are still at 1,2,3 ... Is this valid? Or is my spreadsheet corrupt? Anyone know how this could have happened ... and how do I change it back? The sheet was protected and the folks entering the data didn't have the password. Is there some way to prevent it from happening again? Thanks, -- JoAnn Tools - Options - General Tab. Uncheck R1C1 Reference styl...

detailed report with serial numbers
------------------------------------- _ /_/_ .'''. =O(_)))) ...' `. _ `. .'''B'zzzzzzzzzzz `..' Hi. Iam trying to insert Serial # into the Detailed report. Can someone help me with the code so I can insert it into the detailed report? The serial list report is not very helpful. Iam looking for report with serial # and price sold and date. Thanks in advance. -- +---------------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------------------...

loose number formatting on save
Is there a defect with Publisher 2007 that causes the number formating to reset to default when you save a catalog merge? How can I keep all formating? I am creating a cattle sale catalog and the basic page setup is the same for each section, but headings change so I save each section as a different publication. Everytime I open the publication or make a slight change and save a publication, I find the number formatting has reverted to no format at all. I also want to save the selected records from the excel file with the template so when I open the particular file with a specific ...

CRM Questions 09-14-05
a. Is it possible to rename objects like Opportunities, Accounts in the application? b. Can the territories be setup by zipcodes. c. We would like to display a sales chart (essentially output from a report) on the home page. Is this possible? If any of the above can be done, please let me know how it can be done. Thank you. There is no supported way to rename entities in the current version of CRM, but this funtionality will be available in CRM 3.0 in a few months. Territories are basically just named groups that you can use. There isn't any external logic that integrates with ...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

2005 Calendar Week Numbers
The week numbers in Outlook for 2005 are incorrect. Our European counterparts list the week of January 2 as Week 1, while Outlook shows that it is Week 2. This will cause a major problem for our communications. How will this be fixed? Thanks! Marilyn What do you have checked for "show first week" in Outlook Calendar options? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Maril...

Creating a Macro Question -
I want to create a Macro, so that when the user selects a button, it will ask them what month do they want to use. Once they select a Month, the system will then create worksheets with each available work day for that month. For example, if i was to say the month I want is July, the system will create individual worksheets called: July 1st, July 3rd, July 4th....etc, etc. Is this possible? If it can not do work days, I would be happy with worksheets for everyday of the month. Any assistance please? I think that it'd be better to ask for any date in the month they want to use. ...

Entering quantity at number for price
I have a situation where I'm replacing an existing cash register with RMS. The old register supported a data entry flow that is quantity @ number for price. For exampler the cashier would enter 11 @ 6 for $1.00. Is there any way to replicate this within RMS? Thanks What we do is hit the quantity say 11 then the * (asterisk) on the number pad area and then the code. You can also program a item lookup code to ask for the price at the register so it'll be 11 * ItemLookupCode then it will ask for the price. -Peter "dwtalso" wrote: > I have a situation where I'm r...

Mailbox corruption question
We are running a Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I am the Network/Exchange administrator. I often have to open other people's mailbox to help them troubleshoot issues. However, from time-to-time I get an error saying: "Unable to display the filder. The Inbox folder could not be found". It seems that the mailbox is corrupt and I have to delete the box and create a new one. We can't even POP the box cause we can't connect to it. Anyone know what I can do to clean up the box and gain access? TIA, Clayton By the way, I do have th...

Get rid of the Window number in the MainWindow title bar
I would like to get rid of the window number aded after the document name in the title bar of the main window when I create more than one window for the same document in a MDI application. How can I do this? Where the window number is manage? Thanks in advance Eric Eric wrote: > I would like to get rid of the window number aded after the document > name in the title bar of the main window when I create more than one > window for the same document in a MDI application. > > How can I do this? > Where the window number is manage? > > Thanks in advance > > Eri...

Number of active cases
Hi, I would like to have an IFrame or field that indicates to the user how many active cases there are on a certain contact. Could someone help me with code for this? ex: "3 open cases!" /Thanks, Lotten you can make a field on contact which hold the number of active cases. You can make plugin to add and decrement the number. /Aamir Hi Lotten, you could do this in a variety of ways: The simplest, but maybe least reliable, is to use Workflow - have a couple of Workflow Rules which increment or decrement the Owning Contacts number of Cases whenever a new Case is added or an...

Planner setup questions
Planner seems to decide on its own which investmentes to fund certain future expenses. It doesn't seem to be doing a good job of it. Can I control this alloaction somehow? If not do you know what rules it follows? Are you referring to the "Purchase Wizard" planner? This one certainly give you the option in Money 2004. Which version of Money are you using? -Gary "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e2bf01c46c62$14089c80$a601280a@phx.gbl... Planner seems to decide on its own which investmentes to fund certain future expenses...

xml serialization question
I am using XML serialization to convert my C# structure to a xml file. The file is in GML format. some element name has ":" inside. For example, one element name call "gml:coordinates". The way I did is define an element name before I difine my public property: <XmlElement(elementName:="gml:coordinates")> _ Public Property CoordString() As String Get Return m_Coords End Get Set(ByVal Value As String) m_Coords = Value End Set End Property After the xml file was generated, I found that the ...

Contacts from an xls file with Name & Number
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet which contacts, in column A, a contact name and then in column B a contact number for them. Is there a way I can import these into Outlook (2002 SP- 2) each as a contact? Many Thanks, Adam Yes. You need to define the range name of your contacts first in Excel (include the column heading names). Then go into Outlook. Select the Contacts folder. Then choose File, Import/Export. Choose Import from another program or file and click Next. Scroll down and choose Microsoft Excel. Click next. Browse for the Excel file name. The important step in thi...