A Crystal Beginner - How to get to the tables

I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?

I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
quite right.  What am I missing?
0
klawson
5/12/2004 9:38:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

file - log on to aps server

"KBLawson" <klawson@aetinc.com> wrote in message
> I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
> Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?
>
> I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
> did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
> I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
> me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
> that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
> quite right.  What am I missing?

0
John

y-axis titles get cut off #2
I don't really know what freeze frames are. Anyways, I didn't change an options in Excel to make it do this -- choola ----------------------------------------------------------------------- choolan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27644 Click the Windows menu and select unfreeze panes if that option is available. If it has freeze panes then they are not already frozen. "choolan" <choolan.1ffkta@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:choola...

How do I get Outlook to recognise my email accounts?
I've installed MS Outlook with Office 2003, but I can't get it to recognise my email accounts. With the same information in Outlook Express I have no trouble in connecting to my email ISP. Also the Internet Options now only allow me to specify Microsoft Outlook exclusively, so each time I open Outlook Express I have then to specify it as the default email program. ...

Not getting ANY mail from the outside
Windows 2000, Exchange 5.5 SP4, 32 users. All users can send e-mail, e-mail can be sent/received internally, but all e-mail from the outside is being bounced back to the sender with this message. ----The following addresses had permanent fatal errors---- <ebrown@accsct.org> (reason: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for ebrown@accsct.org) 550 5.1.1 user unknown. Earlier in the day, I tried to telnet to the exchange server and got no response on port 25. I checked the services, and SMTP was not started, and its status was disabled. I started it up, and then I could telnet to port 25. ...

I cant get incoming email
I just set up my outlook account. Everything works exept I cant get incoming emails. I keep clicking the send rceieve button but its still not working Any error messages. If so can you post here in it's entirety. And what = do you mean by "everything works" Does it Send out emails? Did you set = up your email account ? --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "green earth, green home" <green earth, green = home@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:00A24...

Crystal Reports 9 hang up
Good afternoon! While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely after clicking "finish". I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. Any ideas? ...

getting data from table using 2 values
from a standard spreadsheet, using a function(?) how can I return a value from a table using values for the headers and columns. For example, the table has ages across the top and events done the side. Simply I need to "lookup" both ages and events to return a value from the cross section of these values. Any assistance welcome!! Many thanks If the range is A1:G100, for example, and age is in H1 and event in H2: =INDEX(A1:G100,MATCH(H2,A1:A100,0),MATCH(H1,A1:G1,0)) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "MS_user" <MSuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60189...

Crystal Reports 10
I am in the final stages of evaluating RMS for purchase. We would like to be able to generate custom reports, so I have been testing building them in Crystal Reports 10. I have no issue running the reports within Crystal, however when I try to open them in RMS from the utilities menu, the first screen - Crystal Reports File is blank, and when I push generate, I get the error: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." Does RMS only work with Crystal Reports 9? Does it even work with 9? Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated...

workstation service: where can I get it?
Our pc running XPPro SP3, all up to date, has started a series of workstation related error messages. The service is shown in the services list but it won't start (run sc query workstation produces a message to say the service cannot be found but, I just tried this on the laptop where the service is running, and the query produces the same message here!) I did replace the hard drive recently, and it's possible the error stems from that time, but the system log doesn't go back before then so I can't be sure. I don't have an XP cd as the pc came with i...

how to get the time
how do I get the time on a column when a signature or a name is on another column. For example on column B I need the time, when column A is filled. please help Hi, Since you are in the Chart forum, are you talking about charts or spreadsheet cells? If spreadsheet cells, you will need to use vba unless you can get the user to type in the time. The shortcut key for entering the current time in a cell is Ctrl+: (ctrl color - shifted semi-colon) VBA: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim isect As Range Set isect = Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) ...

Pivot Table #5
Dear Reader, I got a block of data in Excel - sheet 1 (26 columns by 806 rows). I try to create a pivot table on sheet 2 BUT whenever I try to add more objects to the layout I receive the following error: "MS Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items drag at least one row or column item off the pivot table, or to the page position..." What can I do to display all the data? Please help, this is rather urgent! Thanks From a post by Tom Ogilvy: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157486 XL97: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 97 (Q15748...

Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences
I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough licences when I try to access a report. The reporting service works for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work again. There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unabl...

Crystal Reports based on SQL
Hello, I have to create several complicated reports and I've wrote an SQL query. Please advise how can I "plant" it into existing report or if I'm creating a new one how I can connect to the Crystal DB? Regards. Hi, to connect to your Crystal database, start crystal report on your client computer. Open the enterprise folder and connect to your server. Enter the server name where your CRM is installed (by default the crystal database is on the CRM server). If you have installed a Crystal APS server you have to enter this one. Regards Dieter "innab" <anony...

Single Pivot Table from multiple spreadsheets
I am looking for a little advice as how to handle this situation best. I have several Excel documents that I would like to summarize and put into a Pivot Table. This is basically a timesheet summary utility. Our organization uses an Excel template for our timesheets. I would like be able to import a certain range of timsheets into a query or pivot table for analysis and breakdown. How can I best accomplish this? thanks... When going through the Pivot table wizard, choose multiple consolidation ranges. This should also work with multiple workbooks as well as long as you "show it&q...

Getting MEDIAN and PERCENTILE to exclude #ERROR values
Is there a way to get PERCENTILE or MEDIAN to exclude error values? I give as an argument a range in which some of the values are #VALUE, but rest are valid, legal numeric values, and it is those remaining non-error values that i want MEDIAN or PERCENTILE of. Thank you. Try the following formulas, which need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER... =MEDIAN(IF(ISNUMBER(A2:A100),A2:A100)) and =PERCENTILE(IF(ISNUMBER(A2:A100),A2:A100),0.8) Adjust the references and percentile value accordingly. Hope this helps! In article <UTqfg.2573$hv1.1679@trnddc01>, &...

Update Form from Table
I am not new to Access but new to forms. I am using Access 2000 and have created a table and a form based on that table. How do I get the form to automatically update when I enter new data into the table? -- Thanks, Kim Kim, You question seems a bit backwards. Why do you want to update the table and have it show in the form? When you open a form, it establishes its recordset. If new records are added to the table manually while the form is open, the form doesn't know about the new records. To make the form aware of the records, you have to requery the form, but this does not...

ADO getting DATETIME type
I tried to get the DATETIME data type from SQL Server using ADO in VC++. The DATETIME value shown in SQLServer is 3/20/2008 2:00:00 AM But when I look at the vtValue object in VC++ debugger it looks something like: tagVARIANT DATE = 39527.083333333336 vt 7 unsigned short DATE 39527.083333333336 double How can I modify the following code to get the correct DATEIMTE? ========================= _variant_t vtValue; vtValue = m_Rec->Fields->GetItem(FieldName)->GetValue(); FieldValue=vtValue.date; ========================= bool Table::Get(char* FieldName,int& FieldValue) ...

Cell gets formatted as Hijri date (Arabic date)
Hi, on some of the PCs at work, when the user enters a value starting with 'a' or 'A' followed bya number from 1 to 12, it gets displayed as Arabic text representiing the month. When I look at the formatting of the cell, it shows as Custom with type set as "B2d-mmm". Deleting the type has no effect, it just comes back. Microsoft KB 871138 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/871138) shows how to enter Arabic dates: "To enter Hijri date, type A or a in front of the date entry For example, you can enter the short date 'a9/25/20', which will be interpreted as H...

Crystal Reports question
I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoice that can be batch e-mailed nightly on Crystal Reports. I seem to be running into many problems. Does anyone have an easier solution for what I am trying to accomplish or any advice would be appreciated. hi King, The version support for crystal is 8.5 so if you have rms 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0 all works with the version I mentioned so incase if you trying to work with any other version then it won't work. Let me know if need more help. "knightsbridge" wrote: > I am currently trying to develop a simple customer invoic...

Import excel but selected column for selected table
I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to appear in selected table. For example i want to be able to specify column 1,2,3 to load in table 1 and column 4,5,8 to appear in table 2.. May i know the way please? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200705/1 May I know the way please? Trever B wrote: >Suggestion, > >Import to a temp table > >Run 2 append queries appending the data to the files you want > >Trev > >> I want to import excel to access but I want selected column to ...

typing in modeless dialog -> gets intercepted by accelerator table
I have an MFC application with a regular Accelerator Table in a resource. I have chosen for shortcuts containing no CTRL or SHIFT or ALT... since that makes for a fast workflow. This technique is used in many CAD & 3D-applications. However, when I use a modeless dialog (in fact, a dialog in a docked sidebar) and I want to type text into it, the accelerator keys get priority and thus prevent certain characters to be typed... I thought that I could use PreTranslateMessage to catch them before they are sent to the MainFrame, which I can, but at that time, they are also catched from ar...

Running Crystal Reports
I am trying to run crystal reports through the Store Operations Manager, but I am getting the error "Run-Time Error '429'" "ActiveX component can't create object" I tried re-registering the Dzactx.dll and Duzactx.dll, but that didn't work. I had installed CR 6.0 to work on some older reports, but it broke everything. I have uninstalled CR 6 and re- installed CR 8.5 as well as re-installing RMS. Can anyone help? Thanks Justin ...

MAPI spooler getting shut down for Outlook 2k
Hi, I am writing a MAPI transport provider that is working fine with Outlook XP. But when I tested the same with the Outlook 2K, when the transport provider is loaded, the spooler is getting shut down. Can anyone tell about the possible reasons which could cause the shut down of spooler? Also are there any differences in the Transport provider loading in Outlook 2K and Outlook XP as with Outlook XP i am running fine but getting the problem only with Outlook 2K? I understand the MAPI version of both should be different but my transport provider is very simple and does only basic things, so i t...

Pivot Table 12-01-09
In my raw data sheet I have a list of customers, and in column G it either says "2 WKS" or nothing. In column H it either says "3 WKS" or nothing. I've done a pivot table with the Customer in the row section, columns G and H in the Data part as "count" being the function. What I want it to do is count the number of times "2 WKS" shows up for a customer and the number of times "3 WKS" shows up for a customer, but instead it's giving me the total number of times the customer is in the spreadsheet. How can I correct this? ...

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

How do I get Excel not to display a result for a formula if input cell is blank?
That was so quick! Thank you so much! -- Zelly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15099 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267327 ...