A Crystal Beginner - How to get to the tables

I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?

I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
quite right.  What am I missing?
0
klawson
5/12/2004 9:38:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

file - log on to aps server

"KBLawson" <klawson@aetinc.com> wrote in message
> I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
> Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?
>
> I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
> did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
> I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
> me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
> that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
> quite right.  What am I missing?

0
John

How to get the default browser
Is the any way to get the default browser in a system? Is there any registry value to know that? I want to check that through program.... Thanks, Deep On 17 May 2007 06:12:22 -0700, deep <joydeep.ball@gmail.com> wrote: >Is the any way to get the default browser in a system? Is there any >registry value to know that? I want to check that through program.... Maybe it is: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT HTTP shell open ddeexec Application HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\open\ddeexec\Application MrAsm I think what Paul writes here still works... I am runni...

PSTGSTUS in table PM20000
What does the field PSTGSTUS in table PM20000 signify? There is no Posting Status column (PSTGSTUS) in the PM20000 table (PM Transaction Open). The status of the transaction in this table is only one: Open! Now if you are referring to the PM Transaction Work table (PM10000), these are the possible values and meaning of each in this table: 10 = A transaction being entered for the first time, before it has been saved by the user. 20 = A saved but unposted transaction. 30 = A transaction that is currently setup to post in real time. 40 = A posted transaction. 50 = A transactions that has ...

Error trying to connect Crystal Reports 9.2.2 to CRM 1.2 (Crystal Enterprise 9 APS)
The behavior: When I try to connect to the CRM 1.2 version of Crystal Enterprise 9, using Crystal Reports 9.2.2, I receive the error "Unable to download secEnterprise plug-in from server" followed by a similar message for each subsequent connection attempt: "Failed to download secEnterprise plug-in setup program" I cannot get any further to even connect to Crystal Enterprise. Thanks, Troy -- Composed with Newz Crawler 1.5 http://www.newzcrawler.com/ Have you installed (on your Crystal 9.2.2 PC) the CRM enhancement on Disk 4 of the CRM set of CDs? "Troy" <t...

I get only the color black in color schemes. A fix?
First step would be to put a little black writing in THIS space and describe your problem including Software? Printer? Operating System? And what is actually happening. You see we need just a little information to try and understand your problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...

Crystal Reports #5
Hi, Any help/ Documentation link on how to add the GP 9.0 database ( SQL 2000) to crystal reports.Using ODBC connection, it is asking for some predefined values.like @I_cCustomerNumber etc. Thanks Asma Hi Asma, I believe you downloaded our Dynamics Report Manager product. Was that able to help you out at all? Therese R Rockton Software "Asma" wrote: > Hi, > > Any help/ Documentation link on how to add the GP 9.0 database ( SQL > 2000) to crystal reports.Using ODBC connection, it is asking for some > predefined values.like @I_cCustomerNumber etc. > > ...

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

how do i get tasks to move out days as they become past due?
so as the date slides... i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003. In article <D1E36A3A-38AE-4866-9D38-E437EC5649B1@microsoft.com>, D <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > so as the date slides... i would like the attached downstream tasks to slide > also(day for day). this would give me a more accurate idea of what my finish > date to the customer would be. the version i am using is 2003. D, This will h...

transposing data from one table to another
I am trying to take a few colums of data from one table and transpose it onto another table. However I don't just want to copy and paste, I need the data in the second table to change if the data in the first one changes. I don't know what this function is called, and so therefore I am finding it very difficult to find out how to do it in the help section of excel. If anyone can help me with what this is called, and how to do it, I will be very grateful Thank you Rebecca -- DrummerGirl There are two answers, depending on what you want to do. Suppose we start with data from A1...

Edit table data automatically, with InStr
Okay I have my data being automatically imported to a table (TableNew). One of my fields is Called "File Name." For the new data imported, the layout of the information in this field is example: John.Pictures or Maryam.Videos. After the data is imported, I want the code to go through the data in this field and remove anything after the decimal point, including the decimal point. So the "File Name" for the examples above should be "John" or "Maryam". I know this involves the InStr however I am not sure how exactly to use it. Could someone provide the corr...

How do I get Publisher to accept foreign fonts
Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a change in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please Are your fonts installed in the Windows/Fonts directory? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "meirl" <meirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E4FB692-B083-45D5-9B40-00CD4E1E35BA@microsoft.com... > Using MSPublisher 2003 I find that I canno get publisher to accept a > change > in font particularly to Davka fonts Can someone advise Please > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote: > Are y...

Tutorial for Beginner
Any good online tutorial for beginner to start the first vb.net + sql application ? I had search many web and only find the 'function' of vb.net . Does any tutorial can teach me create the application form, using textbox and bind to database (ado.net) ? just a little sample application ? Thanks in advance From Agnes Sze wrote: > Any good online tutorial for beginner to start the first vb.net + sql > application ? > I had search many web and only find the 'function' of vb.net . > > Does any tutorial can teach me create the applicatio...

How to get my Product Key code to be acepted?
Have never been able to get computer to accept either the 90 day trial offer or my purchased Home Office and Student 2007 Product Key Code. Why? Not sure the cause of your exact error, but when I had an issue with the product code, I simply call the number that was with the packaging and was able to resolve the matter within a couple of minute with the help of a MS Tech. You should give them a call, save you time and frustrations. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post u...

Getting e-mails from "agentserver@ent.brassring.com"
I keep getting e-mails from "agentserver@ent.brassring.com" And these have an attachment called 13900_7324018_Attach.htm (845 B). I still haven't opened the attachments, and I keep deleting the e-mail when I get it, but then I get it again. Any ides what this is about? And if it might be a virus? I have Office Professional, and I use Outlook as my default e-mail, and have Vista Ultimate. Thanks in advance. Which mail account type are you using? If POP3, do you have Outlook configured to leave a copy on the server? If so, log on to your web based mai...

Hide System Fileds in table
Hello All, How can I hide/show the system fields in a table i.e. s_Generation and s_GUID? Thanks Abe You posed your question in a newsgroup dedicated to Access forms. I'll assume you want not to see those fields in your form, rather than "hiding" them in the underlying table. After all, you don't want your users mucking about in the tables directly... If you need/want the fields attached to the form, but not visible, you can set the control's .Visible property to False. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author...

easiest way for beginner to start database?
I know this is vague but would appreciate any general advice to give me a quick start... I'm new to c# and new to databases. I want to create two tables, tblBidders, tblProjects tblBidders will list companies tblProjects will list projects one view would show projects pick project and see list of all bidders other view would show bidders pick bidder and see list of all projects bidding on any tips for easiest place to start? eg which control to show datatable on form would wpf or winform be better/easier ? sqlite or ado.net etc thanks mark On Dec 19, 4:1...

How to get list of immediate child directories
Hi Experts: I'd like to get a list of directories (not all sub-directories, but only the immediate child directories). For example, if I'm in C:\WUTemp, and there is two sub-directories: C:\WUTemp\dir1 and C:\WUTemp\dir2; I should get a list of directories like this: C:\WUTemp\dir1 C:\WUTemp\dir2 Thanks in Advance! Polaris Take a look at CFileFind. You can check to see if the file found is a folder and you don't have to drill down. In fact, you'd have to go to a lot of trouble to build a recursive routine that does drill down into sub-folders. Tom "Polaris&...

Unable to upgrade from Crystal 9.2 to Crystal 9.2.2
Since I am upgrading from CRM 1.0 to 1.2,I am going for Crystal 9.2.2 As per the direction in one of this discussion forum thread, I downloaded the Crystal 9.2.2 upgrade (~176 MB file) from the Crystal Deciosns FTP site. But when I try to install it (on a developer machine) with my existing 9.2 License key , it fails saying that 'key is either invalid or expired' Any help is appreciated.. Thanks, -Nans We had a similar problem back in February. It turned out=20 that our Crystal Designer 9.3 was actually a Crystal=20 Designer 9.0 upgrade from Crystal Designer 8.5 which had=20 then ...

How do I get rid of the overwriting function?
Every time i write and try to go back and correct something, it re-writes everything i've done Try pressing the insert key once. It acts as a toggle to turn on or off the overtype mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ACE_DOG14" <ACE_DOG14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5460D40-94EF-4076-B0FB-F165538D8B21@microsoft.com... > Every time i write and try to go back and c...

Missing records in journal table of Ms Point of sale
anybody can help with missing records in journal table of Ms point of sale? Now we're so headache with backing-up data everyday. Mick, ------------------------------------- ...

How to get the corresponding X value for a given Y value?
I have a chart in Excel 2007 and I want to provide a Y value (that is not one of the data points) and have Excel to tell me the corresponding X value from the chart. How can I do that? The chart is not a straight line, so trendline won't work Here is a picture of the chart I'm working on http://hkoyda.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p8aB149EOMrBPPjH7oxLQUtlTXmrhiIspRq3r8fuZBNtdjVL_9ckuCh8zH_ZKlZwXt4POp6d2ay6fhDehApx_wA/graph.JPG Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Yahya Hi Yahya, >I have a chart in Excel 2007 and I want to provide a Y value (that is not >one >...

Pivot Table #41
I have an existing pivot table that takes raw data and moves it into a existing formated workbook. This pivot was created by an unknown person. The ability to be able from year to year transpose new raw data to a new workbook would be a very helpful tool. Anyone able to look at this file or able to help would be appreciated. ...

Crystal: Verify you have enough crystal licences
I have been experiencing a problem, like many of you, with Crystal reports on a CRM 1.2 server reporting that there are not enough licences when I try to access a report. The reporting service works for a while and then stops - restarting all of the crystal services make no difference but after rebooting the server it starts to work again. There are a number of events in the event viewer i.e.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MSCRM Platform Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Unabl...

Pivot Table Filter values
Is there a way to "read" what values you have selected for a Pivot Table filter in Excel-07? I have Report Filter(s) where I may select multiple values for any given filter. Being that this is a Report Filter, the values are not displayed in the data. For instance, say I have a Report Filter which contains 12 months (Jan - Dec). If I select Jan, Feb & Mar in this filter, the pivot table then reflects this data. However, short of clicking the drop down to see which items I've selected, I have no way of knowing what months are being displayed. I just want to be able to ...

getting started #3
having trouble opening my outlook. what do i need to do to be able to use microsoft outlook. you need a profile. Control panel, mail... add a profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point yo...

To get members of the distribution list and their managers
Hi I wanna know how to get the members of the DL and their manager name through VBA code. I also need to expand if its a nested DL. Thanks for your support Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Kill Running Process in ASP.NET [C# - Beta 2] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a5c9d17d-33ae-43dc-8217-4c140e45d48c/kill-running-process-in-a.aspx I am waiting for someone to help me with this Shreekanth Murali wrote: To get members of the distribution list and their managers 21-Dec-09 Hi I wanna know how to get the members of the DL and th...