3.0 Upgrade Failed

We have recently been trying to upgrade our 1.2 installation to 3.0, but have
ran into some stumbling blocks along the way.  After resolving the "Invalid
SQL replication data" error on the advisor we were finally able to continue
on with the installation but now continuously get the below error causing a
failed installation.

The enviornment is as such:
SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 std
CRM 1.2 on seperate 2003 std
Active Directory operating in 2003 functional

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.  Thanks!

Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. --->
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name
'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseUtility.ExecuteSql(InstallDatabase database, String sql, Int32 timeout)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller.SqlScriptAction.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstaller.Install(Int32
languageCode, String file, Boolean upgrade)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction.Do(IDictionary
parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action,
IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action,
IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.DatabaseInstaller.Install(IDictionary
stateSaver)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary
stateSaver)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary
stateSaver)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Upgrade(IDictionary data)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Run()
10:27:34|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Failed.
10:27:34|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Setup did not complete
successfully.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.
Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
because of binding errors.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

One of my colleagues had a failed upgrade, he was advised by MS Support to
drop the replication on the crm db on the server before upgrading.

I dont know if this is what you are getting...

Kind Regards

Mike

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>   at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Run()
> 10:27:34|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Failed.
> 10:27:34|   Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Setup did not complete
> successfully.
>
> Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'
> because of binding errors.
> Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'.
> Could not use view or function 'ctsv_CEAD80C4E9A0455CBDB6DDC358D2CED4'

0
Mike

Custom format #3
To format a custom format for credit cards I tried 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ?? On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >To format a custom format for credit cards I tried > 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. >Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

Upgrading Money 2004
i downloaded Money 2004 Trial and want to upgrade to the paid version. I use Tools-Upgrade Money and I get a response saying I am not allowe don the web site. why won't they take my money? In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >i downloaded Money 2004 Trial and want to upgrade to the >paid version. I use Tools-Upgrade Money and I get a >response saying I am not allowe don the web site. why >won't they take my money? You might try quoting the actual error message. However this could turn out to be a blessing. It is very desirable to have the install disk in the case...

WU hangs on 3 of 3
Fresh SBS 2008 install, installed SP2 afterwards, reboot all ok, then executed windows update with all criticals, it downloads and installs succesfully. After reboot it starts windows with "configuring updates x of 3, don't turn off your computer" and the server hangs there on the "3 out of 3" on 0%, there's no lan or disk activity at all and the progress circle just keeps running. This already happened yesterday with a canceled WU(before installing SP2) and we had to format and reinstall thanks to this problem because safe mode worked but after th...

mail delivery #3
i just install new echange 2003 ent. to existing 2000 ad where is exchange 2000 standard. In my test enviroment all mail delivery succees in new server, but when i do exactly same in production, those one's which are in exchange 2003 they can't get any mails from "old server" or outside our corporate. They can send mail to users which mailboxes are inside our corporate, and they received mails from new servers. ...

Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration.
Hello, I am in a bit of trouble here and need some help. We have a Windows 2003 Standard server (X86) running SQL 2005 and SharePoint Services 3.0. We need to migrate the SharePoint Services 3.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL 2005 X64. The server name will be different than the original server. Since we have the server name, the operating system version and the processor architecture changing I am looking for clear instructions on how to migrate the SharePoint Application. I read a lot websites including this one here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc5...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

math #3
How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, 2000, etc. I think you need to provide much more detail to get a useful reply. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044868EC-8884-4E40-9F93-EE9C5EFABCFA@microsoft.com... > How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, > 2000, etc. maybe something like =AVERAGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1998:2005"))) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- ...

Installing office 2004 after accidentally installing an "upgrade" version
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Started out with no software at all. Boss accidentally got the "upgrade" version first. Every time we opened the software we would get a "this is an upgrade version" message. When we finally got the standard suite, I did the full install and it worked perfectly. However, my boss didn't want entourage, and messenger and stuff, so he trashed the whole thing and tried to reinstall just word, excel and powerpoint. Now everytime we open the application, it gives us that "upgrade version" message again. I've...

Upgrade #3
Hi Folks; If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP ????????????????? TIA Later, Malcolm On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:38:57 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote: > >If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade >just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP >????????????????? > Sure. Just know that you will not be able to use Word as your message editor in Outlook and you will not be able to use Word in a mail merge. -- <<&...

CCheckListBox #3
Dear Charles As you suggested to my question posted in ADO.Net news group I added the implimentation of the Create() function of CCheckListBox class. but it is still giving following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMyCheckListBox::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMyCheckListBox@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) Thanks Manjree "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:F59BE84D-88CA-4994-8F1F-D6888AD8D45E@microsoft.com... > As you suggested to my qu...

Void checks
I am using Great Plains v10. After I void checks. I get the following message: "The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following results DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 20488" Where can I find the meaning of this message? Is there an issue? Try this KB: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$860710&wa=wsignin1.0 "janieb" wrote: > I am using Great Plains v10. After I void checks. I get the following > message: > "The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following results DBMS: > 0, Microso...

more than 3 conditional formating in excel
Hi I am new to conditional formating in Excel. In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5. I want each color to have a particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and the 4th retaining the default color). Is there a way i can do all 5 colors? Thanks You need to use VBA. Try this:- Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working with. Dim oCell As Range For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20") Select Case oCell.Value Case Is < 1 oCell.Interior.Colo...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

service activity
We are using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (4.0.7333.3). When I create service activity for more than 10 days it gives me an error like 'the duration of the appointment is invalid'. There is one kb (911470) in CRM 3.0 for similar issue. I have tried this kb for my CRM 4.0 and updated registery accordingly. But it is not working with CRM 4.0. Is there any work around? I got it. I have manually updated organisation table for the related column. But still to change the database directly is not a practical approch. "Mukund Patel" wrote: > We are using Microsoft Dynamic...

Event id 1000 #3
Hello, I have office xp installed on pc with profing tools and sometimes when using outlook reply message, crash and open word with recouvering document. the error on event viewer is event id 1000 source microsoft office 10 . Please can help me! Thanks in advance. ...

Macro Help #3
I turn to you guru's for help with a macro question. I have to worksheets in my workbook. Both have a coulmn that has a 6 digit number in each cell (an invoice number) What I need to do is have a macro that starts with the first invoice # in sheet 1, searches for it in sheet 2. If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. Then it will look at the 2nd invoice number on sheet 1, Search from it in Sheet 2 If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. etc, etc, etc so, my question to you is..... How? Modify this to suit. Sub Deletematches() On Error Resume Next For Each cel In [c14:...

UPGRADE #2
I WAS UNAWARE i COULD RECEIVE AN UPGRADE FOR MAC OFFICE 2004 TO 2008. i RECENTLY PURCHASED IT IN DECEMBER O7. WHAT IF ANYTHING CAN I DO TO UPGRADE? On 2/21/08 12:11 PM, in article ee8e4d9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "SHERI@officeformac.com" <SHERI@officeformac.com> wrote: > I WAS UNAWARE i COULD RECEIVE AN UPGRADE FOR MAC OFFICE 2004 TO 2008. i > RECENTLY PURCHASED IT IN DECEMBER O7. WHAT IF ANYTHING CAN I DO TO UPGRADE? Please don't use all caps. It's considered shouting and it's hard to read. Thanks! Links to promotions: 1) Super Suite Deal: (upgrades ...

Disclaimer #3
Hi We run Win2003, Exchange2003 and I would like to add a disclaimer on all outgoing emails. Is there an other way then buying a Add-on tool? If not what is good tool? Thanks Roman Sure. You can take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 or this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Roman" <roman@schwabbrothers.com> wrote in message news:OUj1pkBoEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl....

how do i make 1/3 look like a fraction
i can get 1/4 and 1/2 to look like a fraction but the rest (1/3 1/8 1/16) don't happen There are a couple of possibilities - see: http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<...

Resource booking #3
Hi everyone, I can't book an resorce , it always says that it is recurring and I can't change recurrence. Thanx in advance. And is the meeting you are organizing a recurring meeting? A bit more details would be nice here, such as how you have set up the resource mailboxes, what version of Exchange, and so forth. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C60C8B-8E7E-4A6A-9E68-1EC160315027@microsoft.com... > H...

Upgrade MFC
Hi, We are using VC++ 6.0 for our development. Is there any way to use a later version of MFC (rather than 4.2) with VC++ 6.0? If so, how does one go about doing this? Thanks! JAB > We are using VC++ 6.0 for our development. Is there any way to use a later > version of MFC (rather than 4.2) with VC++ 6.0? If so, how does one go > about doing this? > It probably can be done and I would check codeproject/codeguru to see if its possible. However I dont know why would you want to do this. The only reason I can find is you must hate the new IDE. --- Ajay Ajay Kalra wrote: ...

Free Busy information #3
Free busy information for Exchange 5.5 not visible in Exchange 2003 in mix mode. Exchanhe 2003 free busy information not visible in different admin groups either. Why is this happening?? You need to configure the free/busy folder to replicate to the different admin groups. For more information and some topology descriptions, see "Working with the Exchange Server 2003 Store" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=33049). Chapter 6 deals with free/busy. -- Teresa Appelgate Exchange User Education ****** Disclaimers ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

CRM 3.0 Installation Issue 02-01-06
I have tried installing CRM 3.0 3 times on a Windows 2K server, IIS 5, .NET 1.1, SQL Server 2K w/SP 4, with all updates and patches. Everytime I install it ends with the same error. When I attempt to loogin into the admin page I get : Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I am not sure where to go with this now. Can anybody help? ...

Rounding Off #3
$248,071 $260,290 $261,640 $106,316 $111,553 $112,131 $0 $0 $0 $354,387 $371,843 $373,771 I need to enter all of the above numbers into a form that looks like this: xx 0,000 So, I have to enter the first two didgits. I need to round off the rest. The first row would be: $250,000 $260,000 $260,000 How would I construct a formula to do that? Thanks If you enter the 2 digits in A1:Axxx, put this formula in B1 =A1*10000 and drag the formula down through Bxxx. Then format the cells as currency with 0 places of decimal. If you enter the...