3 Implementation questions on one.

1.  What are the rules with your CRM org. name?   We have an existing
Exchange org; must they match?  Must the org name used in the license
request match the CRM org name?

2.  We would like to setup a CRM staging enviornmet.  How should we do this?
What are the limitaitons and requirements?

3.  We would like to setup CRM so that when you enter in a lead, based on
the zip code of the lead, they are automatically assigned to a sales person
that covers that zip.  We have a spreadsheet with all our sales people and
the zips in their territory.  How can we make CRM do this?

Thanks,

Malcolm

0
SMF
7/1/2003 5:31:47 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 good questions

1 - your CRM org name does not need to be matched to your exchange org name
or your comapny name or your domain name. Its purely a license

However most people will use their organization name for the license. Note
that the license key and the org name are tied together so you cannot get
the license for CRM from Microsoft then use even a slightly different Org
name.

2 -Most companies would build a crm test system to validate that they get
the data in correctly and any customizations. This test system can be any
hardware you have lying around that can run the software. note also you can
export all you crm settings etc and any customizations to an xml file then
import it into another crm system and get the customizations

3 - to achieve this you need the pro version that comes with workflow. With
this you can setup rules like if you create a new opportunity and the state
is WA assing it to salesguy x for example.

Note workflow is designed so even a non programmer can use it. It is sort of
like programming but at a very simple level.

hope this helps

"SMF" <SMF@SMF.com> wrote in message
> 1.  What are the rules with your CRM org. name?   We have an existing
> Exchange org; must they match?  Must the org name used in the license
> request match the CRM org name?
>
> 2.  We would like to setup a CRM staging enviornmet.  How should we do
this?
> What are the limitaitons and requirements?
>
> 3.  We would like to setup CRM so that when you enter in a lead, based on
> the zip code of the lead, they are automatically assigned to a sales
person
> that covers that zip.  We have a spreadsheet with all our sales people and
> the zips in their territory.  How can we make CRM do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Malcolm

0
John

Custom format #3
To format a custom format for credit cards I tried 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no matter what number I put in. Yes have tried it several times, on sheet the church sent me and again trying it on Excel 2003. Weird problem always ends in 0 ?? On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:56:59 -0400, "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >To format a custom format for credit cards I tried > 0000-0000-0000-0000 and it looks good like it should work. >Somehow the last digit changes to 0 no...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

[Question] Rules in error #2
Hello: I have an Outlook 2003 client side rule, which copies email from an Exchange folder to an IMAP folder. Sometimes, for intermittent network failure reasons, the rule is failing. I then receive a dialog bok stating: "Rules in error" The rule is then disabled, which is annoying as this is an intermittent issue. Is there a way to have this rule not desactivated or automatically re-activated? Thank you -- AS ...

Questions on VB and VBA
Stuff this into the category o stupid-questions-we've-answered-time-and-again, but a quick review o Google groups revealed no-one has yet been stupid enough to ask thes specific questions to quite the degree of stupidity to which I am abou to embark: 1) When I hit the Help tab in the VBE from Excel, is this a VB hel file or a VBA help file? It calls itself "Visual Basic Help" but suspect there's more to VB than this. There's clearly nothing to d with Excel directly here. Is this some kind of subset of VB, or is thi the 'core' of VBA that the other applications ...

WU hangs on 3 of 3
Fresh SBS 2008 install, installed SP2 afterwards, reboot all ok, then executed windows update with all criticals, it downloads and installs succesfully. After reboot it starts windows with "configuring updates x of 3, don't turn off your computer" and the server hangs there on the "3 out of 3" on 0%, there's no lan or disk activity at all and the progress circle just keeps running. This already happened yesterday with a canceled WU(before installing SP2) and we had to format and reinstall thanks to this problem because safe mode worked but after th...

mail delivery #3
i just install new echange 2003 ent. to existing 2000 ad where is exchange 2000 standard. In my test enviroment all mail delivery succees in new server, but when i do exactly same in production, those one's which are in exchange 2003 they can't get any mails from "old server" or outside our corporate. They can send mail to users which mailboxes are inside our corporate, and they received mails from new servers. ...

Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Migration.
Hello, I am in a bit of trouble here and need some help. We have a Windows 2003 Standard server (X86) running SQL 2005 and SharePoint Services 3.0. We need to migrate the SharePoint Services 3.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server running SQL 2005 X64. The server name will be different than the original server. Since we have the server name, the operating system version and the processor architecture changing I am looking for clear instructions on how to migrate the SharePoint Application. I read a lot websites including this one here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc5...

Question about public folders
I created a public folder for a client but the client wants a subfolder created for sent items called Sent, is there a rule i can set on the back end so that sent items sent from that folder go to the subfolder ...

Duplicate look_up values in VLOOKUP #3
Hi all, I've got a VLOOKUP formula functioning in the usual way. However, sometimes the look_up value is duplicated. When this occurs VLOOKUP always returns the first instance of the entry. Is there a means to get Excel to ignore entries it has already returned an entry for? The VLOOKUP is part of a bigger formula, being: =IF(AND('Dependency Log'!$A2=Matrix!$B3, 'Dependency Log'!$E2=Matrix!D$2),(VLOOKUP($B3,look_up,2,FALSE) ),"") Any ideas? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Prof...

math #3
How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, 2000, etc. I think you need to provide much more detail to get a useful reply. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044868EC-8884-4E40-9F93-EE9C5EFABCFA@microsoft.com... > How do I get the average of a group of years. Like 1999, 1998, > 2000, etc. maybe something like =AVERAGE(ROW(INDIRECT("1998:2005"))) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- ...

Upgrade #3
Hi Folks; If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP ????????????????? TIA Later, Malcolm On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:38:57 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote: > >If I am running MS Office 2000 on my XP Home Edition box can I upgrade >just the Outlook portion of Office to Outlook 2003 or Outlook XP >????????????????? > Sure. Just know that you will not be able to use Word as your message editor in Outlook and you will not be able to use Word in a mail merge. -- <<&...

MFC beginner question
Hi, I want to bulid a MFC Dialog program that display a full screen image 5 sec, I tried to use VC to do it but I don't know where I can paste the code in.(Becase I haven't use MFC before) The program is no action(I don't know where is the main()), it is just for Sleep(5000), so where can I paste the code there? any how to add image into Dialog? Thanks for help calendarw <calendarw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143103369.274943.248140@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to bulid a MFC Dialog program that display a full screen image > 5 sec, I...

CCheckListBox #3
Dear Charles As you suggested to my question posted in ADO.Net news group I added the implimentation of the Create() function of CCheckListBox class. but it is still giving following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CMyCheckListBox::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CMyCheckListBox@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) Thanks Manjree "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> ha scritto nel messaggio news:F59BE84D-88CA-4994-8F1F-D6888AD8D45E@microsoft.com... > As you suggested to my qu...

more than 3 conditional formating in excel
Hi I am new to conditional formating in Excel. In row 2 I need to enter nos. between 1-5. I want each color to have a particular color. I have managed to do 4 (3 with conditional formating and the 4th retaining the default color). Is there a way i can do all 5 colors? Thanks You need to use VBA. Try this:- Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Code must be placed in the codemodule of the actual sheet you are working with. Dim oCell As Range For Each oCell In Range("A1:A20") Select Case oCell.Value Case Is < 1 oCell.Interior.Colo...

OWA #3
Hi , we have the following setup and would like advice as to what others are doing. Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix-->(Internal Network->Exchange Srv) We would like to publish our Outlook Web Access the most secure way possible. We do not want to put a Windows 2k box in the DMZ or outside or Network to use as a front end server. Could we do the following: Internet-->Router->Cisco Pix with port 443 mapped to FrontEndSrv->(Internal Network->FrontEndSrv Exchange with tight security providing OWA for Internal Exchange server)...and of course ssl cert on the Exch box....

Event id 1000 #3
Hello, I have office xp installed on pc with profing tools and sometimes when using outlook reply message, crash and open word with recouvering document. the error on event viewer is event id 1000 source microsoft office 10 . Please can help me! Thanks in advance. ...

Macro Help #3
I turn to you guru's for help with a macro question. I have to worksheets in my workbook. Both have a coulmn that has a 6 digit number in each cell (an invoice number) What I need to do is have a macro that starts with the first invoice # in sheet 1, searches for it in sheet 2. If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. Then it will look at the 2nd invoice number on sheet 1, Search from it in Sheet 2 If it finds it, delete that row from Sheet 2. etc, etc, etc so, my question to you is..... How? Modify this to suit. Sub Deletematches() On Error Resume Next For Each cel In [c14:...

FileStream and XmlTextReader Question
It is my understanding that I can create an XmlTextReader from a variety of sources, including a stream object. I am developing a web application that reads some data from an Xml file. Everything works fine if I use the XmlTextReader to open the file (i.e. pass it the file name): Dim reader As XmlTextReader = New XmlTextReader("<file_name>") But I get an access error if I try to open the file using a FileStream object and then passing the FileStream object to the XmlTextReader constructor: Dim fs As FileStream = New FileStream("<file_name>", FileMode.Ope...

print cel in column to one page
How can I setup an Excel spreadsheet column (of many rows) to print out each row of this column on a separate page? For instance: Column1 Column2 Column3 aa 001 print1 ab 002 print2 ac 003 print3 I would want "print1" to print on a page, by itself; "print2" to prin on a page by itself, etc... I only want the cels from Column3 to print; only those cels. How can I do that -- Steven Young You can click on "View/Page Break Preview" and, by dragging the page breaks, set each cell u...

'dirty' question
greetings I know that when a record is saved the dirty property is set to False, but does setting the dirty property to false save the record? In news:d6g0039gb30uj5on6nnfn7sqfgj3ilfemq@4ax.com, Marshall Barton <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote: > Normally, it's a good idea to check if the record needs to > be saved. > > If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False I do that, too, but as far as I can tell, it just shaves some infinitesimal amount of time off the statement if the form happens not to be Dirty. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP www.datagnostics.com (please reply to ...

Disclaimer #3
Hi We run Win2003, Exchange2003 and I would like to add a disclaimer on all outgoing emails. Is there an other way then buying a Add-on tool? If not what is good tool? Thanks Roman Sure. You can take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 or this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "Roman" <roman@schwabbrothers.com> wrote in message news:OUj1pkBoEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl....

how do i make 1/3 look like a fraction
i can get 1/4 and 1/2 to look like a fraction but the rest (1/3 1/8 1/16) don't happen There are a couple of possibilities - see: http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<...

Resource booking #3
Hi everyone, I can't book an resorce , it always says that it is recurring and I can't change recurrence. Thanx in advance. And is the meeting you are organizing a recurring meeting? A bit more details would be nice here, such as how you have set up the resource mailboxes, what version of Exchange, and so forth. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C60C8B-8E7E-4A6A-9E68-1EC160315027@microsoft.com... > H...

Free Busy information #3
Free busy information for Exchange 5.5 not visible in Exchange 2003 in mix mode. Exchanhe 2003 free busy information not visible in different admin groups either. Why is this happening?? You need to configure the free/busy folder to replicate to the different admin groups. For more information and some topology descriptions, see "Working with the Exchange Server 2003 Store" (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=33049). Chapter 6 deals with free/busy. -- Teresa Appelgate Exchange User Education ****** Disclaimers ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

CRM 3.0 Installation Issue 02-01-06
I have tried installing CRM 3.0 3 times on a Windows 2K server, IIS 5, .NET 1.1, SQL Server 2K w/SP 4, with all updates and patches. Everytime I install it ends with the same error. When I attempt to loogin into the admin page I get : Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. I am not sure where to go with this now. Can anybody help? ...