.MIX files

I have several .MIX files (Microsoft Photo Draw) that were
sent to me.  Are there any other Microsoft programs that
can read these files ??  I tried to even insert them into
MS Word (XP version) but I have received errors everytime
I try.  Windows XP will preview in a window but I cannot
import them into any application !
0
Bob
7/25/2003 3:51:19 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Error opening a ppt file
This is the message I get. Well I cannot do a screen capture here but it basically says PPT does not have a converter for it. I have had no problem with others. wtdrm, Difficult to say what's wrong without the exact message, but maybe this will help: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00135.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "wtdrm" <wtdrm@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:38C8DF58-B95A-48F8-8D95-76407412D383@microsoft.com... > This is the message I get. > > > Well I cannot do a screen capture here but it basicall...

read only .pst files
Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space (and take my documents home). Now I cannot access it without reloading it. I don't want to change anything, I just want to be able to read the documents. Thanks, In article <eC1yNvcRDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, srv01@hotmail.com says... > Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my > documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space > (and take my documents ho...

READ FROM RESOURCE FILE (.RC)
Hi, I want to read version number and company name from RC File at run time. How can i do this ? Thanks in advance Hello, You should use GetFileVersionInfoSize , GetFileVersionInfo , VerQueryValue API's for this. Sreeram "Cheickna Traor´┐Ż" <cheickna.traore@almas.fr> wrote in message news:bfloaf$pml$1@s1.read.news.oleane.net... > Hi, > > I want to read version number and company name from RC File at run time. > How can i do this ? > > Thanks in advance > > Hi, Please check this Article ID: Q167597 in MSDN. Sample source code is available. ...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

saving/moving outlook files
I need to re-format my hard drive and re-install my OS after being infected with a trojan. How do I download my Outlook files to a disk and then move them back to my hard drive? ...

Session mix-up issue
We ran into a strange issue 2 days back in our client's production environment. A remote user, logs in and finds out that the data available in the web page are from a different user. The client environement is having ..net 3.5 running on Windows 2003 server connected to an Oracle 10g DB. The web server is on NLB and in a DMZ. The sessions are maintained In proc. We analysed the IIS logs and the network logs for that duration and were not able to conclude if this was a security issue or a genuine application related issue. Request your inputs in solving this issue. Ben...

help file on gdiplus
Hi, I want to find the help file of gdiplus, gdiplus.chm. Do you know where can I find it ? Thinks in advance David PS : you can send it to me to my email adress if you have it If you have downloaded the SDK it should be in the regular help file or the SDK's help file. I don't think there's such thing as a seperate help for just GDI+. david wrote: > Hi, > > I want to find the help file of gdiplus, gdiplus.chm. > Do you know where can I find it ? > > Thinks in advance > > David > > PS : you can send it to me to my email adress if you have i...

Access 2003 Importing missing File types
I cant import Excel or even TXT files. I have tried everything to resolve this issue when Importing to Access 2003 and missing most File types. Currently when selecting GET EXTERNAL DATA / IMPORT only files of Type: MS Office Access, Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC (many options are missing - this is true for the Link option too) Missing are File types like: excel, txt, csv etc. Have updated and detected and repaired Office 2003 several times. Please help as this is a very important function. Thanks Tony T It seems that you didn't use the personalised instalation. Do tha...

EFT file format question
I'm attempting to create an EFT file format that is a little different, but the bank requires none the less. There are two obstacles that are tripping me up: 1) Most of the fields in the details section need to be output on separate. Each field must be followed by a carriage return and a line feed. For example: :20:TRANS REF 01 :32A:040717GBP100,01 :50A:/51507865 2) The decimal point in the amount field must be changed to a comma (I know... why???). See line :32A: above. The end of the line indicates a payment of 100.01 Pounds. For #1 I've tried setting the maxi...

Where are the files?
X-No-Archive: Yes [Please reply in newsgroup] Hello, Someone asked me to help them recover their Outlook folders from a disk that was in a machine that had stopped booting up. They put the disk in another machine. They were not sure if they had Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002. I searched for outlook.pst as well as all *.pst. I searched after turning on "show hidden files". I also tried a "dir /ah /s" from a cmd prompt. I cannot find the Outlook folders. Anybody know where these folders are located and whether they were stored in a format other than pst? I even looked for th...

Microsoft Publication doc to a PDF file
Does anyone know how I can convert a Microsoft Publication document to a PDF file? Is this even possible? Sure you can. If you have Publisher 2007 there is a free save as a PDF download here: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en There are free converters around, www.primopdf.com is one, there are many others. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F76ABA5B-5320-4F1D-A3C6-74B29A856A43@microsoft.com... > Does an...

Money 2006 file repair application error

Exporting/Importing PST files - error
I am trying to move my email messages from old to a new computer. My PST file is about 6GB. I am trying to copy it to an external HDD with 70GB of free space and it tells me that it has insufficient memory! I try to copy it via a network - the same story.Regardless of the size of free space it never allows it to paste with the same error message. What can I do? I need to migrate the messages!!! I even downladed the Migrate program but even the file that this prgram crated faces the same problem. In news:693BD524-6D5B-4208-B26E-9A59FB425882@microsoft.com, Rustam <Rustam@discussions.mic...

More Outlook bugs... Rules are mixing up accounts!
*sigh* WHY do the rules in Outlook 2003 keep changing the accounts they are to apply to. ie. "When message arrives through MYACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to the MYACCOUNT folder." ....changes to... "When message arrives through ANOTHERACCOUNT@HERE.COM move it to MYACCOUNT folder." - These rules were manually entered by me, not imported from OE6. - This is a fresh installation of Win XP Pro SP1 - Only action in OE6 was to import the old email account settings and contents through the Transfer Settings Wizard. The Outlook 2003 was installed and account info imported. If I fix...

Vlookup from closed excel file
Hi, After running the codes below, it prompts error message Application defined or object defined error and unable to solve : - Codes extract Sub vbVlookup() Dim strPath As String Dim strFilename As String Dim strLookupSheet As String Dim strLookupRange As String Dim strLookupValue As String strLookupValue = "A$3" strPath = "D:\My Documents\P\ManagementAcct\Apr10\PYY\" strFilename = "PYY PL Co compare1.Apr'10.xls" strLookupSheet = "P&L - COMPANY (compare 1)" strLookupRange = "A3:O60" Ap...

Inserting files from outlook
Does anyone know how to insert files or attachments from an outlook mail box to access? I would appreciate any help.. Thanks, Terry Carroll Terrence Carroll wrote: >Does anyone know how to insert files or attachments from an outlook mail box >to access? I would appreciate any help.. > >Thanks, > >Terry Carroll Why not just leave them in Outlook and link to them? You can link to your Inbox in Outlook by using File, Get External Data, Link... and choose Outlook as the file type and then navigate to whatever mail folder you want. -- Message posted...

Outlook files onto new computer
I purchased a new computer and wish to copy over all of my Outlook files (address book, personal folders, etc.). Which folder under Program Files do I copy to ensure all that personal data gets tansferred over? Thank you. p.s. same would hold true for ensuring I copy all of the applicable files in "My Documents." To backup and copy your outlook files you have two options. 1st option is you go to file menu IMPORT AND EXPORT choose EXPORT TO A FILE next select Personal Folder File (.pst) next selct personal folder in the directory and make sure you tick include subfolders ...

HTML Images Saved in Outlook Backup File
How do I save an email with HTML that has to go to a server to get the pictures. The message is displayed correctly on my computer when I open it. However, when I am backing it up and this email is old and those links from the previous email that goest to a site to get the images are no longer available, I lose my email. I would hope that Microsoft would have thought about this issue and has a solution as I cannot believe that I am the only person in the world that wants to keep an original email that was in HTML format with pictures that I have already downloaded once, ca...

.MIX files
I have several .MIX files (Microsoft Photo Draw) that were sent to me. Are there any other Microsoft programs that can read these files ?? I tried to even insert them into MS Word (XP version) but I have received errors everytime I try. Windows XP will preview in a window but I cannot import them into any application ! ...

Sharing Files
I am trying to open a shared file on a network and Excel stops responding. Can anyone shed light on this? Thank you. ...

make files
Greetings. I have traditionally worked using VC (mfc and non mfc applications). I have now this problem to compile some of my programs in linux (my code is portable) (main exe and static and dynamic libraries). I was wondering if there is some way to convert my dsp's, dsw's and sln's to some kind of make file I can use to compile in linux. The main idea is not to do all this by hand. I'll thank any idea or the right list name to make this question. Thanks in advance John. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to craft a makefile based on the build log. Anything aut...

File Types for Attachments, Outlook 2003
We have discovered that when selecting a file to attach in Outlook 2003, the drop list for file types does not include Excel or some of the other usual groups like images. In order to attach an Excel file, one must select to browse "all files" ... and this can be a real pain. IDEAS? Thanks. ...

Oversized .pst files
Dear all, What should I do if I got an .pst file that is over 2Gb? I cannot receive/move/archive any emails in my outlook. Any solutions? Windows XP Pro (NTFS), Outlook 2000 Thx. Accept the fact that you are going to lose data and hope http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm helps you salvage a good chunk of your data. "Louis Li" <nospam_louisli@josephlee.com.hk> wrote in message news:%23ZlANPdTEHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > What should I do if I got an .pst file that is over 2Gb? I cannot > receive/move/archive any emails in my ...

getting file path from resource
Let's say I have a gif file in resource. I want to find it's path["C:\\file.gif"] using the resource identifier. Is there any standard function that does this? ... some sort of findpathresource(ID_GIF_FILE) Please let me know. Thank you. When you insert a picture into the resource of you application it becomes part of the EXE, and is no longer a seperate file. Ali R. "***null" <***null@null.null> wrote in message news:uirwQX7pDHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Let's say I have a gif file in resource. I want to find it's > path["C:\\fil...

Mixed Icons
I created an application with Visual Studio 2005 under Vista and changed the only icon that the wizard created. When the app runs, the correct icon appears in the task bar and also if I click properties. However, the default icons appear on the quick lanch toolbar and in Windows Explorer. I read through about a years worth of messages on icons, but didn't see anything exactly like my problem. Thanks for any help, Curt You will want to make sure that the default icon is the first one in the EXE and that it has both a large and small icon (and 48x48 if you are specifying for XP or Vist...