"Lookup" data type

I´m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but when
I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data type
doesn´t appear. I´ve got the customization manual and that data type is
supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type

"Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I�m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but
when
> I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data
type
> doesn�t appear. I�ve got the customization manual and that data type is
> supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it?

0
Peter
8/10/2004 5:49:04 PM
Afraid not in a supported way.  v2005 promises the ability to add relationships
between tables, but this feature is not currently available.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:37:02 -0700, "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Is there another way to do this instead of using the deployment manager. What
we�re trying to do is to create a field where you can select subjects created
in the subject manager. This field will be in the form "leads"

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type
>

> "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I�m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but
> when
> > I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data
> type
> > doesn�t appear. I�ve got the customization manual and that data type is
> > supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it?

0
Matt
8/12/2004 9:45:33 PM
we are running V3.0, still not able to add Lookup type.  Any way to do it???

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Afraid not in a supported way.  v2005 promises the ability to add relationships
> between tables, but this feature is not currently available.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:37:02 -0700, "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Is there another way to do this instead of using the deployment manager. What
> we´re trying to do is to create a field where you can select subjects created
> in the subject manager. This field will be in the form "leads"
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
> > Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type
> >

> > "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I´m using the deployment manager to create a new lookup filed chema but
> > when
> > > I click on the dropdown box to select the data type, the "lookup" data
> > type
> > > doesn´t appear. I´ve got the customization manual and that data type is
> > > supposed to appear in the list. How can I add it?

In CRM 3.0 , add a new relationship to the entity, (not a new attribute)
then you can add the lookup field to the form

"danaCRM" <danaCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we are running V3.0, still not able to add Lookup type.  Any way to do
> it???
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> Afraid not in a supported way.  v2005 promises the ability to add
>> relationships
>> between tables, but this feature is not currently available.
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM

>> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:37:02 -0700, "Talei"
>> <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Is there another way to do this instead of using the deployment manager.
>> What
>> we�re trying to do is to create a field where you can select subjects
>> created
>> in the subject manager. This field will be in the form "leads"
>>
>> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>>
>> > Deployment Manager in CRM 1.* does not let you add a Lookup data type
>> >

>> > "Talei" <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when
>> > type

0
Peter
7/6/2007 8:31:00 PM
Can you walk me through the process?  I'm using 4.0.  I want to create an
additional lookup filed in Opportunities to lookup either Contacts or
accounts.  Thank you.

Doug
--
Thanks for your support.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> In CRM 3.0 , add a new relationship to the entity, (not a new attribute)
> then you can add the lookup field to the form
>

> "danaCRM" <danaCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > we are running V3.0, still not able to add Lookup type.  Any way to do
> > it???
> >

> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> >> Afraid not in a supported way.  v2005 promises the ability to add
> >> relationships
> >> between tables, but this feature is not currently available.
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> >> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:37:02 -0700, "Talei"
> >> <Talei@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there another way to do this instead of using the deployment manager.
> >> What
> >> we´re trying to do is to create a field where you can select subjects
> >> created
> >> in the subject manager. This field will be in the form "leads"

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...

Lookup #4
I am trying to label my bank info that I import into Excel. I have a column with the charge amount and a column with the recipient. I think a lookup table would work for this, but I need to have it check for wildcards. For example, the grocery chain is numbered here, so one might be GROCER 5454 and one may be GROCER 8724, so I need the function to look for GROCER*, right? Also, if it does not fit any category, how can I get it to use "Other"? Do I make that one just "*"? Mine is not working very well. Maybe my syntax is wrong. Any ideas? TIA Is there anyway you can st...

Filter message by reverse domain lookup
Hello all, I am kinda new to Exchange and was wondering if there was a function built into Exchange 2000 that would "look" at the source domain of the email message and then perform a "reverse" DNS lookup to verify that the domain actually exists and if it doesn't then have Exchange discard the email without sending an NDR? Is this possible strait out of the box? It seems like I remember iMail gateway having this feature. I am trying to filter out some of the spam that fills up my users inboxes. Thanks in advance. Jeremy jsteger@bellsouth.net (Jeremy Steger) wrote...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

Formula to lookup named reference based on value
I cant' figure out what the exact words that I'm looking for and if I did I would most likely find the answer. I've got a spreadsheet that has a series of numbers in say column A and it has the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Further on in the spreadsheet I have named values like CA.1, CA.2, CA. 3 What I want to do is in the formula go: =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*CA.2) (for the named range CA.2) Is it possible to have something that goes.... =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*"CA"&B4) where B4 = 2 Thus the outcome would be CA.2 ????? =(X1/SUM(X:X,X,X:X)*INDIRECT("CA"&B4)) -- Kind...

lookup drop down
I am making a invoice sheet. With materials on two or more sheets. Materials are plumbing supplies like 2" ABS 90 and 2" ABS coupling with prices the materials, size, type will all be different. I would like to have 3 or more drop downs to pick material, size, and type to get to price. I have looked at vlookup, validation, and dependent drop downs. But I can't figure out what is the best and how to pull info from more than 2 drop downs Thank Roy Hi Roy, I have a workbook example that pretty much does that. Would of course need to be adjusted to your data layout...

Lookup
i am using excel 2 calculate the amount of bonus that an employee i entitled to. i do not know what function to use (i have been told 2 us v lookup but i do not know how 2 go about it). the exact problem is this: there is a basic wage and on top of that an employee gets paid a bonus this bonus is calculated by how many sales r made. the table of th bonuses r given (below): Commission on Qtrly Sales Sales per Qtr Percentage �200,000 and under 0.50 �300,000 and under 0.75 �400,000 and under ...

Multiple Lookup values in a query
Hello, I am trying to build a query that will allow me to search by a record I select from a form using a combo box. I want to be able to make one selection from several different options and have it apply to that using only one query. Example: I will have a query about cars, where you can select by make or model or color. You only need to select by color, and the results will come up. Is there a way to do this with a single filter query, or do I have to build a seperate qury for each? In other words, can I put an if/then that will say if the combo box is nill, slect all records for tha...

Lookup functions-V lookup
Hi, can some one help me with below: I have a huge data in excel work book 2003 approx 25000 rows, For example 1: ID CODE Balance Type Value Month Year 789126 AXY ACB $ 20 Jan 2009 789126 Tyx ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789126 ANC ACB $ 30 Jan 2009 789127 AXY ACB $ 30 Jan 2...

Customer Address in Lookup Window
Please add the customer street address to the customer lookup window. This is more useful than the Company field for most retailers. Or make the grid configurable so the retailer can select the fields and field order. Default sorting options would be helpful also such as having the list sort default to last name and then first name. Depending on your business, Company might be more useful than Address. I would love to see a configurable Customer lookup screen, and the same for Items. I think basically the rule you are after is one whereby you get to chose the fields you need on the...

How do i use sumproduct if my lookup table is alpha or alpha num?
Can I use sumproduct formula if my table is as follows ? Yr End Rating Mid Yr Rating A B C D A same 1 down 2 down 3 down B 1 up same 1 down 2 down C 2 up 1 up same 1 down D 3 up 2up 1 up same No, but you can if the cells contain numbers like -2, 0, or +2, where the cell might use a custom format such as 0 "up";0 "down";"same" to show display values like you show in your example. -- David Biddulph "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B43C625F-8A54-41AE-B9E6-A6A1D72811B3@microsoft.com... >...

Vendor ID lookup vs Vendor name lookup
To the GP community: Has anyone customized the Vendor Maintenance window to switch from the current Vendor id input to a Vendor name input? We want to convert Vendor ids to all numerics to get in step with our warehouse management system but my users now want to enter Vendors and lookup Vendors with a Vendor name and spyglass search on a Vendor name rather than Vendor ID. Thanks, GPAZ use Smartfill from Rockton Software. it is quite nice. Once you configure it correctly, you can start entering the vendor name and it will autofill it for you. More importantly, you can create custom l...

Lookup ?
is there a lookup function that I can use to categorize a column In Column Q I have a percentage for example ColumnQ ColumnR 22% 21-30% 4% 0-10% So in Column R I need a formula that looks in column Q and then give R a value of either 0-10% 11-20% 21-30% 31% + "H" <H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a lookup function that I can use to categorize a column If the values in column Q are numeric (i.e. not text), then: =LOOKUP(Q1, {0,0.11,0.21,0.31}, {"0-10%","11-20%","21-30%","31%+&...

Lookup function #6
I have the following data A B C School Student Value My school Peter 5 John 6 Anne 7 ... ... Your School Bill 8 Peter 7 Joan 10 ... No School Bill 11 John 3 Anne 7 The number of students per school varies from a few to several hundred. Is it...

Multiple table lookup
A B 1 Name Code 2 London 301 3 Paris 302 4 Rome 303 5 Moscow 304 6 Madrid 305 7 Berlin 306 9 Name Code 10 Brazilia 307 11 Buenos Aires 308 12 Santiago 309 13 Montevide 310 14 Quito 311 15 Lima 312 D E 1 Date Code 2 17/3/2010 301 3 22/3/2010 306 3 23/6/2010 312 4 14/5/2010 305 5 22/9/2010 302+301 6 25/10/2010 308 7 1/3/2010 311 8 9/11/2010 301 9 6/5/2010 307 10 17/7/2010 302+305 11 28/7/2010 304 12 6/8/2010 309 13 31/12/2010 310 14 2/2/2010 301 15 9/2/2010 303 16 5/6/2010 307 17 1/10/2010 307+312 What i want to do is that when i enter a code (let's ...

Messages awaiting directory lookup
Hi PLEASE assit. We are running a mixed 2003 and 2000 domain and exchange environment. I have two DC's per site, and one GC per site, all are operational and are working. However, messages are queuing in the "awaiting directory lookup" queue in exchange. I ahve rebuilt the GC, the DNS is responding correctly, but this is happening and there is nothing else in the eventlog. All SP's and hotfixes have been applied... Please assist http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-%20us;823489&Product=exch2k On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 03:59:15 -0700, "scott" &...

account address lookup from the contact quote/order
Some customers deal with individual customer contacts from the sales and opportunity management perspective (opportunities are created under contacts, not accounts), yet Create orders/invoices against Accounts in the financial application. This presents a challange as we would like to create quotes against contacts (they pull a lot of data from the opportunity onto a quote, however we can only use Contact addresses on such quoutes, not parent Account addresses. Needless to say if an Account has 3 addresses used on orders and there are 5 contacts that you sell to at that account we would ...