"HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" Error immediately after Upgrade

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered a problem like
this. Your help would be very much appreciated.

I just completed upgrading MS CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Some parts of the
web access are fully accessible (e.g., Queues, Articles, Announcements
under "My Work"). However, I cannot access any of the data under
Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, and Settings.

My Report Server seems to be running fine. I can run
http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer without
any errors.

I access MS CRM through the web browser via http://<localhost>. I have
the menu bar on top (File, New, GoTo, Tools, Help) and the menu on the
left panel (Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, Settings) are in full
view and can be expandable and collapsible with the following error
message every time:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with
HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall) +1302
methodName, Object[] parameters) +218

Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.UserQueryWebService.RetrieveMultiple(QueryBase
queryExpression) +55

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.UserQuery.RetrieveByObjectType(Int32
returnTypeCode, String columnSetXml, Int32[] queryType, UserQueryState
state) +265
   Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ViewSelector.AddUserViewGroup(String
groupName, String groupId, OptionSorting sorting, Int32[] queryTypes,
UserQueryState queryState, Boolean flagInactiveQueries) +129
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.Initialize() +170
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppViewSelector.GetDefaultView()
+10
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Workplace.HomeActivitiesPage.ConfigurePage() +794
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
+20

Microsoft CRM Application Error Report:
Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Error Number:

Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 07-27-2006

Time: 16:30:41

Type: Application Error (2)

Server: panther

Request URL:
http://panther/Workplace/home_activities.aspx

Basic Server & Client Information:

What the End User would have seen:

0
aricitak (1)
7/28/2006 12:15:05 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" Error immediately after Upgrade
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered a problem like this. Your help would be very much appreciated. I just completed upgrading MS CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Some parts of the web access are fully accessible (e.g., Queues, Articles, Announcements under "My Work"). However, I cannot access any of the data under Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, and Settings. My Report Server seems to be running fine. I can run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer without any errors. I access MS CRM through the web browser via http://<local...

Error building context-sensitive reports: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
After installing Microsoft CRM Server, when I try to access the reports area I get an error screen. If I look at the trace file, the error reads-- Error building context-sensitive reports: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. I looked at the support resolution found here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907487, but that did not help. I am running CRM 3.0(separate server) on windows 2003 server SP1 and SQL SERVRER 2005/Reporting Service (Separate Server). I am however able to access the reports manager and view the reports directly from the reportserver URL but not from the...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized in plugin 4.
I've been though all the reports on this particular error without finding a solution. I did set the Name and Display Name for the Organization to the same i.e. w/o spaces. What happens is: The plugin is fired synchroniously after Create in order to store the url of the created record in a field in the record. For testing I put the field on the form and once I click Save, the URL is generated and displayed, but after a short moment the 'The request ... Unauthorized' message is displayed. The code for the plugin looks like this: Namespace Hdm.Crm.CreateHyperlink Public ...

reports server gives "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." message
i've changed my report server's address from a lan address (i.e. http://machinename/reportserver) to a wan address (i.e. http://machinename.com/reportserver). now when i try to access the reports section, i'm given an error message aobut unauthorized access. how do i configure this? tks ...

SDK error -> HTTP status 401: unauthorized.source:System.web services
Hi all, I am using the SDK to build a custom aspx page that simply extracts the 'fullname' of every user in the 'systemuser' entity and assign it to a particular field in the Opportunity form. This is because the client needs a user to be assigned to an opportunity as the owner of the opportunity will not necessarily be working on it. I have Visual Studio and therefore development performed on my local machine and MSCRM is installed on a virtual server. I have managed to bring the custom aspx page up from the MSCRM server without any issues but have not been able to make a co...

request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized accessing report
Hello, We are trying to get reports working on CRM 3.0 and running into an error when clicking the reports : Server Error in '/' Application. The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. The reports are working when we access crm on the crm server when using the servername, but if we access crm using the ip address then we get the above error message when we click Reports. CRM is on the separate server. SQL and Reporting Services are on the same server. even accessing the crm by entering localhost does not work on the crm server. Any ideas? thanks Have a look at thi...

CRM 3.0 - Web Service
Hi, I have created a test application using ASP.NET 1.1 which uses CRM Web Services. This code gets executing in the page_load of the aspx file. Here is the code ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dim service As New CrmService service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials service.Url = "http://crm:5555/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx" Dim userRequest As New WhoAmIRequest Dim user As WhoAmIResponse = CType(service.Execute(userRequest), WhoAmIResponse) Response.Write(user.UserId) ----------------------...

HTTP status 401: Unauthorized error
We developed an application using the crm SDK web services. When we access the application, we get an error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. If we refresh the page again (hitting F5), we do not get the error. It seems that the first time CRM authentication fails but the second time it is ok (on refresh). We have MS CRM 3.0 deployed on Windows 2003 server using IIS 6.0. The custom application is using windows authentication and is on the same server as CRM in a virtual directory. Any ideas? Thanks Are you using 'PreAuthenticate' when connecting to...

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Hi, I want to test the CrmIncident.Retrieve method ,but i get this message : The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. bool result = false ; // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "success"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the platform Web server string virtualDirectory = "mscrmservices"; string strDir = "http://" + strServer + "/" + virtualDirectory + "/"; // BizUser proxy object Microsoft.Crm.Pl...

ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
Hi everyone, My name is pushkar and Im trying to customze CRM forms. I have made an .net web application on my system and I m tryin' using Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll My CRM application is hosted on different domain other then mine . I have made a form to create a Lead ,just for testing purpose I just added few fields on my form (fields with same name as given in SDK)the moment I click submit to post the data I recieve "ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." If I host my appl. on the same domain of CRM it works fine . Problem may be t...

HTTP status 401: Unauthorized
When I try to open Reports I receive the error below, SRS generates a similar error. I have found a few similar posts online but have not been able to find a resolution. This is what I have done so far: 1) Ensured Kerberos and NTLM authentication are enabled on both SRS and CRM server 2) Followed instructions in RSSetupTfD.doc (Additional Setup Tasks Required if Reporting Services Is Installed on Different Server). Followed path A since CRM and SQL\SRS are on different machines (no host headers used). 3) Setup trust delegation using Kerberos. 4) Have followed KB907487 and KB921546 but to no ...