"Error on Page" appears in the status bar when openning CRM4 entit

We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth.

However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in
CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts,
and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at
the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"...
modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save
button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered....
bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send Report" button nothing happens! but
in all cases the data is saved correctly and if you reopen the entity you
will see that the data is there.

The only entity that does not have this strange behavior is "Product"!

Initially I thought that the problem might be related to Java Script written
on the form or column events of these entities, but this is ruled out because
the behavior happens even on entities that have never been in any way
customized (No custom attributes, relations or script code ... etc)!!

So what could be the problem??!!!

Please help..........................

0
luai7 (37)
11/27/2008 12:36:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi laui7, I've heard that this problem may be caused by the 'Presence'
feature that was developed towards the end of the CRM4 development cycle. Try
turning off presence on the affected entities and views.

A workaround is for each user to set their CRM privacy options to 'Never
send error messages to Microsoft': CRM > Options menu > Privacy tab.

We see this error message more frequently in IE6 than IE7, so it's worth
upgrading to IE7. And, of course, install CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 1.

Hope this helps?

--
Neil Benson
Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service

"luai7" wrote:

> We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth.
>
> However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in
> CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts,
> and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at
> the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"...
> modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save
> button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered....
> bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send Report" button nothing happens! but
> in all cases the data is saved correctly and if you reopen the entity you
> will see that the data is there.
>
> The only entity that does not have this strange behavior is "Product"!
>
> Initially I thought that the problem might be related to Java Script written
> on the form or column events of these entities, but this is ruled out because
> the behavior happens even on entities that have never been in any way
> customized (No custom attributes, relations or script code ... etc)!!
>
> So what could be the problem??!!!
>
> Please help..........................

0
NeilBenson (62)
12/6/2008 9:29:01 PM
Hi Neil,

How to turn off presence on the affected entities and views??

I changed the CRM > Options > Privacy option to 'Never
send error messages to Microsoft'

I am still getting this error in the status bar.

Can I upgrade to IE7 and still work with CRM 4.0 without having to install
CRM update rollup 1?

Thanks again for your help

"Neil Benson" wrote:

> Hi laui7, I've heard that this problem may be caused by the 'Presence'
> feature that was developed towards the end of the CRM4 development cycle. Try
> turning off presence on the affected entities and views.
>
> A workaround is for each user to set their CRM privacy options to 'Never
> send error messages to Microsoft': CRM > Options menu > Privacy tab.
>
> We see this error message more frequently in IE6 than IE7, so it's worth
> upgrading to IE7. And, of course, install CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 1.
>
> Hope this helps?
>
> --
> Neil Benson
> Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service
> www.increasecrm.co.uk
>

> "luai7" wrote:
>
> > We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth.
> >
> > However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in
> > CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts,
> > and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at
> > the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"...
> > modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save
> > button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered....
> > bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send Report" button nothing happens! but
> > in all cases the data is saved correctly and if you reopen the entity you
> > will see that the data is there.
> >
> > The only entity that does not have this strange behavior is "Product"!
> >
> > Initially I thought that the problem might be related to Java Script written
> > on the form or column events of these entities, but this is ruled out because
> > the behavior happens even on entities that have never been in any way
> > customized (No custom attributes, relations or script code ... etc)!!
> >
> > So what could be the problem??!!!
> >
> > Please help..........................

0
luai7 (37)
12/14/2008 4:05:01 PM
Hi,
is there anything new with your problem? We have the same problem but only
with one customer. I am afraid that selecting the option 'Never
send error messages to Microsoft' doesn't resolve this. There is still a
message "Error on page" in the bottom left of the IE window.
It is strange that this error doesn't occur with Lead entity, but it occurs
with many others (Contact, Account etc.)

Thanks for any help or idea.
Jan

"luai7" wrote:

> We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth.
>
> However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in
> CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts,
> and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at
> the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"...
> modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save
> button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered....
> bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send Report" button nothing happens! but
> in all cases the data is saved correctly and if you reopen the entity you
> will see that the data is there.
>
> The only entity that does not have this strange behavior is "Product"!
>
> Initially I thought that the problem might be related to Java Script written
> on the form or column events of these entities, but this is ruled out because
> the behavior happens even on entities that have never been in any way
> customized (No custom attributes, relations or script code ... etc)!!
>
> So what could be the problem??!!!
>
> Please help..........................

0
JanVanek (10)
1/19/2009 12:19:01 PM
I am afraid no :-(

I even did the following:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled IE6... Did a repair for IE6
- Installed IE7 with the latest updates
- Installed the latest updates from Sun-Java for IE and tested it correctly

But... I am still getting this error. It only appears on my PC though, so
our system admin advised me to format my PC :-(

I wish there were utilities that tell me what's going on as I am almost
getting mad!!

"Jan Vanek" wrote:

> Hi,
> is there anything new with your problem? We have the same problem but only
> with one customer. I am afraid that selecting the option 'Never
> send error messages to Microsoft' doesn't resolve this. There is still a
> message "Error on page" in the bottom left of the IE window.
> It is strange that this error doesn't occur with Lead entity, but it occurs
> with many others (Contact, Account etc.)
>
> Thanks for any help or idea.
> Jan
>

> "luai7" wrote:
>
> > We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth.
> >
> > However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in
> > CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts,
> > and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at
> > the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"...
> > modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save
> > button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered....
> > bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send Report" button nothing happens! but
> > in all cases the data is saved correctly and if you reopen the entity you
> > will see that the data is there.
> >
> > The only entity that does not have this strange behavior is "Product"!
> >
> > Initially I thought that the problem might be related to Java Script written
> > on the form or column events of these entities, but this is ruled out because
> > the behavior happens even on entities that have never been in any way
> > customized (No custom attributes, relations or script code ... etc)!!
> >
> > So what could be the problem??!!!
> >
> > Please help..........................

0
luai7 (37)
1/22/2009 3:16:13 PM
Hello,
We have found the reason today: In an effort to change the default view of
activities or history from 30 days to "All" we had previously applied the
customization of "AppGridFilterContainer.htc" file, according to
http://www.unitek.com/training/microsoft/crm/blog/2008/01/18/changing-the-default-views-in-crm-30-crm-40/.
After returning back the original file everything works fine, now.
Nevertheless, it is quite strange still because the same customization works
fine in our own CRM environment (both CRM 4.0 with Rollup1) and worked for a
couple of weeks at the customer side.

Cheers
Jan

"luai7" wrote:

> I am afraid no :-(
>
> I even did the following:
>
> - Uninstalled and reinstalled IE6... Did a repair for IE6
> - Installed IE7 with the latest updates
> - Installed the latest updates from Sun-Java for IE and tested it correctly
>
> But... I am still getting this error. It only appears on my PC though, so
> our system admin advised me to format my PC :-(
>
> I wish there were utilities that tell me what's going on as I am almost
> getting mad!!

JanVanek (10)

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

error on page
I have Win 7 x64 and IE 8 installed. When I visit a certain web site (www.bear.org), for some reason, I'm getting an exclamation sign in a yellow triangle along with the "error on page" and "Done" messages in the left hand lower corner of my browser. As far as I can see, this site works fine. Why am I getting this warnings? What's wrong? How to correct it? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida The person to ask is the web admin for the site. Who knows what is causing the error, but obviously not something critical since the site is loading for yo...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

Error on Page
I cannot seem to access any station on live365.com. No matter which station I choose, I get "error on page." Any ideas? Well, for starters, you might want to try a different forum. This one is for Microsoft Dynamics GP (great plains). Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Advanced Find
while giving criteria for Advanced find, if i select more than 13 number of users in the 'Value' field, i get an error as 'Error On Page'. for 13 and lesser number of values in the Value field, it is working fine. Please suggest a solution. Thanks in Advance ...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

Error on page #2
I'm getting the following error when opening a report. Using CRM 4.0 on a Windows XP desktop and have tried both IE6 and IE7. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Automation server can't create object</Message> <Line>18</Line> <URL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewer.aspx?id={52B2C34D-A7DD-DD11-9EE1-001C23CEBA7D}&helpID=User%20Summary.rdl&action=filter</URL> <PageURL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewe...

OWA Error on page
We just setup SBS with exchange. When a cleint logs into exchange via the web, using IE6, (Preimum mode) the menus load and they can read mail just fine. But, if they try to change the layout (reading pane, etc) or open any folders, I get a "error on page" on the lower left side of the browser. Any idea where I start to find out whats up? Thanks, Steve Apply Exchange SP2 over the top and see if that resolves the prob. "S. Proctor" <sproctor@microline.org> wrote in message news:efHc9HlYGHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We just setup SBS with exchange....

Error On Page Message
How can I download a template if I get Error On Page Message Post the URL for the Template so's we(I) can try to download. May come up with something for you. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:31:01 -0800, GeeJay <GeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I download a template if I get Error On Page Message the URL is http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC061011771033.aspx I cannot click download without getting Error on Page Message - thanks for the help "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Post the URL for the Template so's we(I) can try...

OWA Corrupt / Error on Page
I have exchange 2003 installed on a windows 2003 server, and it has been working fine. After my last server reboot, OWA has stopped working. I can login, but the interface is corrupt (i.e. the pictures for "inbox", "options" etc. don't load and appear as red crosses). I cannot see any of my mail folders or compose new mail. The errors I am getting on IIS (there are lots!) look like: 2004-07-15 09:38:53 192.168.1.2 GET /exchweb/img/icon-task.gif - 80 - 192.168.1.150 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0) 401 2004-07-15 09:38:53 192.168.1.2 GET /exchweb/img/i...

"error on page"
I get "error on page" at the bottom left when opening in IE 6 and outlook 2003 web access. Clicking on details shows: Line: 33 Char: 150 Error 'event_onkeydonBody' is undefined Code: 0 URL: (blank for privacy reasons) Can anyone please help? better posted in microsoft.public.exchange.clients Is Exchange 2003 sp2 installed? Does the same thing happen from multiple workstations? Try clearing the local browser cache at the client and add OWA to the trusted sites. "Teeny & Allen" <chakotay2@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:_v88g.584$x4.516@new...

Error on page when opening attribute for customisation
hey Folks, MS CRM 3 on windows 2003 rc2 domain controller, SQL Server and SRS on seperate server. When I open an attriiute to customise it (on any entity) I get a warning symbol in the bottom left of my ie window which gives me the following when i double click the warning triangle: Line 131 char 1 error: To create nodes of type 'ELEMENT', a valid name must be specified. code 0 I can then not save any changes I make to the attribute. The same happens when I create new attributes However I can create new entities, where the primary attribute is succesfully created (I can't ...

Error on Page in SFO Client
All, I have a single user that is getting an Error on Page error message in the lower right of the pages when he tries to open any of the objects. It looks like a script error of some kind, but I have not been able to resolve it. The interesting thing is that he does not get it using the browser client. He only experiences this issue with the SFO client when online. TIA, Dave ...

Ex 2003 OWA problem 'error on page' and 'object expected' when clicking Reply or New
I have read almost each and every post regarding similar failures and nothing fixes me. I'm not running ISA. I'm begging for anyone's help to get me to a resolution, thanks for your time: I am able to login to OWA and the authentication seems to work fine. I am unable to create new messages or Reply to any messages in OWA. The moment I hit the New or Reply button the words "error on page" appears bottom left, then when I open the error it shows "Object expected" as the error. I have spent dozens of hours on this now, trying every suggestion I run across rela...

Error on Page Internet Explorer 6
I am getting messages which say error on page which are in a yellow triangle Some internet sites which you normally click on dont respond at times. Muc of the functions of web sites work. javascript is mentioned but the fault is not given I am running Win 2000 Pro and I have loaded SP1 and sun java latest version from web site I have played about with the java controls in Explorer- tools- internet options without sucess I have a net gear hardware firewall. I think as I computer user I'm really stuck and having jus spoken to our pc guy he's got the same problems too Can anyone help me- ...

ie8 "error on page"
Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new window, nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has been the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in ie8 I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does not work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down. -- Jim Ormsbee Try using the 32-bit version of IE. Using CTRL or Shift bypasses the security settings -- it is an acknowledg...

Error on page when querying using advance find
Hi, WHen i performing search using advance find, there is error Line 385 Char 1 Error Unspecified error Code 0 URL: http://servername/org/AdvanceFind/AdvFind.aspx?Entitycode= XXX &queryid={XXX}&View type = XXX Any hints on how to debug this? In addition another weird thing that i notice, the pop up if blank.aspx page. But i did not update any of my windows. This is happened on client laptop. When i go to production server directly, did not encounter this problem. Could someone help me? Thx Carrie Hi Carrie, Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? Niths "Car...

OWA does not load after user logs in (error on page)
This is a Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003 sp1. Our OWA was working perfectly until 4 days ago. Now whenever a user tries to log in the OWA does not fully load (lots of red X's) and if you attempt to click on any link (inbox, etc) a page cannot be displayed page comes up. TMK there have been no changes to our server. this is a screen print of what the page looks like after logging in http://ilovebsod.com/owa1.jpg Thanks in advance. "JimK" <JimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473B9E39-CFA8-40C6-80F7-92BF6972D43A@microsoft.com... > This i...

New Opportunity Product (Error on Page)
We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button "New Opportunity Product" on the Products page of the Opportunity module the only thing we get is an "Error on Page" in the bottom left-hand corner. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, any idea(s) how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Do you have a Price list and matching currency associated to the Opportunity? do you have any javascript running on the Opportunity or Opportunity Product? "Tim" wrote: > We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button &g...

error on page 10-20-04
hello, When I click on the home icon at the bottom of the crm UI i get "error on page" in the title bar and i do not navigate to the home page. Any idea what could cause this? thanks Hi Scott, Did you change anything in the aspx files? It seems to be a javascript error. Ronald Lemmen "Scott Ocamb" wrote: > hello, > > When I click on the home icon at the bottom of the crm UI i get "error on > page" in the title bar and i do not navigate to the home page. Any idea what > could cause this? > > thanks > > > no changes...

error on page 08-22-05
hi, we are running crm on windows xp sp2 and cannot go back to home page from the bottom link bar. already installed the update kb892949. please help Seherish There is ahotfix needed on the server for SP2 clients. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:59:06 +0100, "seherish" <seherish.mughal@akhter.co.uk> wrote: hi, we are running crm on windows xp sp2 and cannot go back to home page from the bottom link bar. already installed the update kb892949. please help Seheris...

error on page 01-13-05
I sometimes have the error message "error on page" below in the main ms crm window, when I switch from Sales to Workplace , or from Workplace to Home. Is this a known problem, and is there a solution for this. I do not have it always, and clicking on F5 resolves it.. untill it is back. Any idea ? Wim are you running windows xp2 sp2? if so you will need to apply the sp2 patches to the crm web server which can be found on support.microsoft.com/downloads -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Wim"...

"Error on Page" appears in the status bar when openning CRM4 entit
We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth. However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts, and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"... modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered.... bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send R...

when I try to download excel template, it says Error on page
Whenever I get to the point where I can download a template from Microsoft excel, I get error message, Error on page. I tried the help menu but, when I clicked on the question, I also got Error on page. ...

Crm3 to Crm4: error on page when opening/closing contacts
OK, another similar to a lot of people, but I do not have a solution. I am presently testing in lab upgrading from CMR 3 to 4 and finds myself with a strange one. Anytime I open a contact, and this happens only with contacts, I get an "error on page" at the bottom of the browser window and once I close it, there is a "pop-up" to send information to Microsoft for the error which contains the following; 1.0 Expected ')' 75 /Orthofab/sfa/conts/edit.aspx /Orthofab/sfa/conts/ edit.aspx Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; FunWebProducts; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2....