>Anyone using SQL server cluster?

Is anyone is using a clustered SQL Server for Microsoft CRM 1.2 ?  (in
deployments with no Sales for Outlook clients) . Please share your
experience with the group
OR
if you do not wish to post a reply here ; ) due to risk of invalidating
support with MS - please email me at

peter DOT lynch AT optevia DOT com

I believe a clustered CRM database works just fine in deployments with
browser clients only.

Thanks in advance!

Peter

0
Peter
5/4/2005 8:13:49 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I know of at least one client using clustered sql so there are companies
doing it however I do not have a contact there.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> Is anyone is using a clustered SQL Server for Microsoft CRM 1.2 ?  (in
> deployments with no Sales for Outlook clients) . Please share your
> experience with the group
> OR
> if you do not wish to post a reply here ; ) due to risk of invalidating
> support with MS - please email me at
>
> peter DOT lynch AT optevia DOT com
>
> I believe a clustered CRM database works just fine in deployments with
> browser clients only.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Peter

0
John

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Problem using FOXPRO Free Tables from Access 2000
I'm using Access 2000 linking FoxPro Tables via ODBC When I link tables with numeric fields Access gives me an error: "The Decimal field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you attempted to add." I find this problem in "Knowledge Base" I update my Windows XP to Jet 4.0 SP8 with Mdac 2.8 RMT and the last version of FoxPro ODBC Driver and but the problem is the same. Any help appreciated. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- ACC2000: Scaling Errors When You Query Linked Tables PSS ID Number: 270...

Important task using visio
Hi, I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using visio but however am new to visio environment. Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during project implementation The flow is: Comany A Task 1 Comapany B Task 2 Task 3 Company A Task 4 Company B Task 5 Task 6 The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio?? Hello Raj, There's the main Visio 2007 Help and How-to page over here: http://office.microsof...

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

Exchange 2003 virtual server config
Currently my existing mail server has 1 SMTP virual server with settings: Authentication: yes Anonymous, no resolve anonymous email, no basic authetication, yes integrated windows authentication. Connection: All except list below, list is empty Relay: Only list below, list contains an old (now) unused IP, no allow all computers which successfully authenticate, regardless of list above. Users: Authenticated Users can submit and relay. This results in my server denying all SMTP connections to clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, and 3rd part SMTP senders like Backup Exec or What's up...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

Using the Address Function
I need to get data from several workbooks so I often use the "INDIRECT(ADDRESS" function and reference a variable in a cell for the worksheet name. Now I am trying to access workbooks in other directories. I have tried everyway I can think of to get the full path of the workbook into a variable that will work. So far, no luck. Here is what I want to access: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\# PROJECT MANAGER\! Current Projects\1 P652 FNC\[Update.xls]To Updates'!$A$2 I need last folder (1 P652 FNC) to be a varible that the ADDRESS function wil...

data validation using wildcards??
I have a need to cross reference and validate a listing of GL account codes (12 numeric digits) with an "account filter" table that is formatted with wild cards and bring back one of the fields in the account filter table. The original data table can be '000s of rows so I would like to find a way to automate this as much as possible. Here some sample data: Raw data table: ACCT 731013000804 731510000901 731511000301 731511000340 731511000806 731513000801 For each of these account codes (and thousands more), I would like to cross reference agai...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Displaying email from mail server
I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro. I am not able to display my email from my email server. I get the error message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error 0x0040600." I have checked my set up to access the mail server and everything appears to be okay. I can get my email from the website so it is on the server. Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert ...

Outlook 2002 server time out
Network Setup: DC = NT 4.0 SBS with Exchange 5.5 Internet E-mail = Outside Host Workstations = 3 Windows 2000 5 Windows 98 Machine at Question Windows XP Professional Equipment list On XP Machine: AMD XP 2000 CPU ABIT Motherboard 2 x 256 DDR 2100 OS = XP Professional SP-1 Office XP Standard SP-1, SP-2 3com Nic Problem: When opening outlook checking mail, everything is ok untill you have a file with a 1 meg+ attachment, At that point the machine seems to stall and you must hit cancel -> at that point you can hit send and receive again and you will get all the same...

using TODAY() in MS Query?
I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns results only from the previous month (e.g., for this month it would only return results from January). I tried to set the criteria for the date field to >EOMONTH(TODAY(),-2) AND <= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1) but MS query does not recognize the TODAY() function. Is there something else i can use? rachael MS Query uses Date() instead of Today() Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "rachael" wrote: > I have a query built in MS Query. I'd like to set it up so it returns resul...

True Memory Use
Helloa, I have developed a app using MFC, dialog based and using dynamically linked MFC libs instead of static. My EXE size is about 300kb (release mode) and yet the task mgr says its using closer to 7MB - I understand that the MFC code may take a fair bit, and the std 1MB for the stack. Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? (taskmgr seems to fib) as I am trying to work out the system requirements for running 10, 50, 100 copies of this program etc. - Mark R > Is there a way to find out the exact memory usage? Try using Performance Monitor. In Run, type "perfmo...

using iif but coming up with error#
ok i have the if down but its causing me a brain drain lol i want to divide my hours utilised by the amunt of pallets moved but all its coming out with is an error# sign PPH: IIf([Delivery Type]="Palletised",[hours]/[pallets]) PPH = pallets per Hour any ideas There are two things that stand out. First, you have no False condition specified in your IIf. That is what value to assign if [Delivery Type]<>"Palletised" The other is that you cannot divide by zero or Null. You need to include code to transform the values of 0 and Null for the divisor and you need ...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

Anyone else?
Does anyone else have any suggestions for this dillema that I find myself in? Thanks in advance, MC The only thing that I can gather from your post is that you need to use the spelling checker. The grammar could be better too. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF553F-9538-44EE-BC74-127081A880F4@microsoft.com... > Doe...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

Using Narrator, Accessibility
I'm trying to help a colleague who needs to use Microsoft Narrator to read email messages. The question is how to control what Narrator reads. Ideally, one could select a passage and Narrator would read just that. Any help or pointing to another Newsgroup would be appreciated. ...

Can I use 1 license from Mac Office for PC?
I have 2 copies of Office for home and Student, 1 MAC and 1 PC. Can I use 1 MAC license # on a PC? (making 2 on MACs and 4 on PCs) In article <F65768A8-B862-42F9-9549-21F1A3985125@microsoft.com>, Clof wrote: > I have 2 copies of Office for home and Student, 1 MAC and 1 PC. Can I use 1 > MAC license # on a PC? (making 2 on MACs and 4 on PCs) No, Mac licenses can't be used on PCs. No. You cannot use a Mac license on a PC -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

using clip art as a back drop on page
Publisher 2007 I want to use clip art as a shaded back ground, whereby being able to read the text superimposed over the clip art. Make sense? Yes. And your question is...? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Toddy Poddy" <Toddy Poddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AE3AD9B-A90D-422D-A8B2-0568C9A13CDC@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2007 > I want to use clip art as a shaded back ground, whereby being able to read > the text superimposed over the clip art. Make sense? Is...

Anyone on the inside know when Yukon is coming?
How about pricing as well? I'm really interested in the 'native' xml capabilities. Updating at the node-level especially. Not much has been disclosed. Details will be unveilded at the PDC in October, Attendants will get a beta version. They may be setting a target release date once they collected enough feedback from the closed beta that's going on right now. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "Baseman" <nospam_productdata@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:PbQ4b.15021$j26.10001@lakeread02... > How about pricing as well? I'...

outlook with exchage server connection
I installed outlook with exchage server connection but didn't mean to how can I change this because when I start it up outlook message says can not connect to exchange server then closes outlook down because \I can not enter a valide exchange accounKevint and name You can change your account configuration via the Mail applet in Control Panel. In your case, it might be best to start with a new mail profile. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outl...