winword.exe will not default .doc

So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the winword /r trick to no avail...the setting protocol defaults, the open with, but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why but its only with .doc files...any help?
0
sfbtwo (4)
2/25/2010 5:48:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Because this newsgroup is devoted to technical discussion of and questions
and answers about Microsoft Access database software, your chances of
getting a useful answer to a Word for Windows question would likely be
enhanced by asking in a newsgroup devoted to Word, of which there are
several in the Microsoft-sponsored newsgroup hierarchy.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

"sfbtwo" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting
> methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get
> set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types
> (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the
> winword /r trick to no avail...the setting protocol defaults, the open
> with, but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i
> browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why
> but its only with .doc files...any help?
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

0
Larry

Backoffice GWClient.exe tool
I am trying to fix a Free/Busy issue on one of my exchange servers with a client. The following article references what looks to be the fix. Does anyone know where I can get the GWClient.exe from? I don't have the Backoffice resource kit http://support.microsoft.com/?id=250051 Thanks in advance Nevermind I used MDBVU32.EXE instead. Thanks "Bob Smith" wrote: > I am trying to fix a Free/Busy issue on one of my exchange servers with a > client. The following article references what looks to be the fix. Does > anyone know where I can get the GWClient.exe from? I d...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

Outlook 2000 outbox will not clear
I can send a message out and it goes, but it remains in my Outbox as though it is waiting to be sent. They do go to Sent Items, but also remain in Outbox. How can I get messages to clear out of Outbox? ...

How to decrypt a file in winword #2
Hi, I'm anim. When WinWord.exe reads encrypted file(which has encrypted by my app's engine) I want to intercept the function ReadFile(), and decrypt data and toss it to the winword. For this, I think about 3 methods. 1. try to use api-hooking : succeed in hooking, but could't find doc data in the buffer of the readfile(). 2. by using office xp developer : not try, Is it possible to control file input/output? 3. by using automation : not try, Is it possible to control file input/output? Which one is it better? And any other way to do this? Regards. ...

Set default time for activity
The default time in an activity is set to 12:00am. Is it possible to change the default to something more appropriate such as 09:00? Thanks ...

vProTray.exe Anti-Virus Software
Hi All, On our Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 - Windows 2003 Server, whenever we log off the server we get "End Program - VProTray.exe". If we turn off the Anti-virus software we don't get the "end program” However we would like to have the anti-virus turned on. Is there a setting I'm missing? I don't want to interfere (meaning break) with GP though. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_D4CFA85B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This issue is not related to Microsoft Dynamics GP and should not affect GP in anyway. I would contact the Ant...

Excel.exe is not a valid Win32 Application.
My system: Vista Business 32bit with SP1, Office 2007 Professional with SP1. For a while I was running Vista (without SP1) and using Office 2007 with SP1. Rarely any issues. Sometime after installing Vista SP1, I've been having odd issues with my Office installation, Excel especially. I don't know if it's its SP1 related, or if it's just something went wrong with the Office install. Here's the issue. I leave my PC on 24/7 and simply lock it when I leave the office. After several days, Excel will just stop working, completely. When I try to launch excel I get t...

Quickbooks pro 2002 will not back up
Has any one found a fix for Quickbooks pro when it all of a sudden stops backing with no error report. I just reads Data not backed up. I'm running XP prof. Thanks Change the location that the destination file is backing up to? My best guess.... -- Kevin Hill 3NF Consulting www.3nf-inc.com/NewsGroups.htm "BMyers" <bndmyers@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:059401c36b01$871b2bb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Has any one found a fix for Quickbooks pro when it all of > a sudden stops backing with no error report. I just reads > Data not backed up. I'm runni...

disable default IME for a specific window...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to programatically disable the "Default IME" for a specific window/richeditctrl? Regards, Dave ...

MSExchangeIS will not run on Priv1.edb (only on Pub1.edb)
I hit my 16 GB limit and now we made room in our email boxes after using regedit to allow temp 1GB. I customized my maintenance schedule to run all the time and now I'm seeing maintenance run on my Pub database but never on the Priv1. Now that I look back in the Even Viewer, I can't see that MSExchangeIS has ever run on Priv1.edb. I need the maintenance to run in order to run an offline defrag of the mailbox store and regain the space. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Win 2k, Xchange 2k (Sp3), new server (Xeon), 4GB RAM and 4GB avail on C: 65GB on D:. Temporarily disable your...

Winword Error
I use Word and my email editor and I'm having a Winword error on all my email. The message is the details is "WINWORD executed an invalid instruction in module MSO9.DLL at 017f:3095b4cb" Outlook then freezes and I have to Alt/Cont/Delete to close Outlook. Outlook work OK as long as I use Outlook email editor. Help ...

default paste option?
I use ON 2010 beta. Is it possible to set a default style for pasting? I can select among the options "keep source formatting" "merge formatting" "only text" but I only wish ON to paste only in "merge formatting" style. Was not this possible in ON 2007? Why not in On 2010? problem solved "minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message news:hihsia$hsu$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I use ON 2010 beta. Is it possible to set a default style for pasting? I > can select among the options > > &quo...

Margins will not mirror on 2-page layout
I am creating a catalog with 2 pages per 8.5 x 11 sheet, landscape orientation. From what I have read, the margins are supposed to be equal on outsides and insides of each page. No matter what I do there remains a 2 mm discrepancy. The text on the right side of the page is shifted 2 mm to the right when compared to the text on the left side of the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using Microsoft Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium if that makes a difference. Are you seeing this on the screen or on printout? If the latter, it will be a result of your ...

Reduce doc to be able to print 4 on 1 page
Using Publisher 2007, I used a template to create a flier. I would like to reduce the size of the flier (entire document), so that I may have 4 of them on one sheet (8 1/2 x 11) How do I go about doing this?? Ideally you should have created it the size you needed from the beginning but there are a couple of things you can do. You could save it as a .jpg and then when you print it, print 4 on a page. You could copy that page three more times and then save that file as a .pdf. When you print the .pdf, tell it multiple pages on one page. I'll bet others can come up with alt...

changing default new subdirectory size
Hello; I use Windows XP sp3; How can I change the default size of a new subdirectory. Without using Explorer, I use "details" view of my subs, open more than one and transfer or copy files. I know I can size each sub and Windows will remember its size/location, but each time I open a data-CD or a flash-USB-drive, it default into a large, with right-half empty, subdirectory. So each time I have to resize and Windows does not remember these subs size/location. I tried to size My Computer directory, in Folder Options; View tab, I asked Windows to "Apply To All Folde...

How to create a dynamic link library(EXE)?
Hello all: I want to create a dynamic link library using win32 console application and it's file-name extension is exe,how to do?Who could give me an example? thanks very much. This might be interesting to you as a starting point: http://www.codeproject.com/dll/beginnerdll.asp Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:ePiQMolXHHA.3268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to create a dynamic link library using win32 console > application and it's file-name extension is exe,how to do?Who could > give me an example? &g...

error WINWORD.EXE
Every time I try to open Microsoft Windows I get the following response: Winword has caused an error in WINWORD.EXE ...

Validation Default Value
I'm using a validation list to populate cell B7 on my worksheet. The choices on this list are dynamic and change based on the value in cell H6. Cell B6 then shows a VLOOKUP value based on the contents of cell B7. The problem is that I often need to change the value of H6 and when I do so it leaves the previous value in cell B7 until a new choice is made from the drop-down list. Is there a way to change the value of cell B7 to be either a blank or maybe make it default to the first choice on the validation list? Thanks for your help. Why would you want to change the value of B7 until...

Changing number of Most Recently Used (MRU) docs displayed?
My product: Office 2003 Professional. My issue: I'm in and out of a number of different projects daily. In Word, I've found it helpful to use the Tools > Options > General menu to increase the number of MRUs displayed in the File menu. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the same adjustment to the default of 4 MRUs displayed in Publisher. Anybody got a suggestion for me? Thanks in advance for the help. Woof! ...

locale-neutral msinfo32.exe output
if i'm using msinfo32 /report c:\t.txt /categories +ComponentsDisplay command to genrate report and the OS is Windows XP chinees then the report out put is comming english + chines language mixed and because of that reason i'm not able to find few string "OS Name" and "Vesrion" for example. So can you tell me that how can i genrate this report in english only even if the OS is in any Laguage. Here by pasting the report which was genrated on chinese WindosXP OS. ---------------------------------------------- report---------------------------------...

Portfolio Default Page
When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom page my default page. Also, sometimes when I open my Portfolio it may display currency other than $-most often the Euro & Ph. I have the $ as the default currency. How do I get the $ to show each time? Thanks, Jamedare In microsoft.public.money, Jamedare wrote: > When I open my Portfolio I would like for my custom page >to open ( be the default page ). How to I make my Custom >page my default page. Your choices for what you see when you start Money are a...

resetting defaults
I don't know how it happened, but my defaults have been changed for my text boxes. When I create a new one, the margins are different, the line spacing is different, the font is different, the font size is different, etc. I think you get the picture. How do I reset the default to what it was originally? I have made a few modifications to it, but don't remember them all. Whatever was present originally will be a lot better than how it is now. ...

winword.exe will not default .doc
So i've reaad other threads regarding this but none of the troubleshooting methods work...so microsoft office word 2007 (winword.exe) will not get set to the default to open .doc files...it is set to open all other types (.docx, .dochtml, etc.) but just wont for .doc files...ive done the winword /r trick to no avail...the setting protocol defaults, the open with, but whenever i do these two winword.exe doesnt show up and when i browse for it it still will not default to it when selected...not sure why but its only with .doc files...any help? Because this newsgroup is devoted to technical d...

Winword.exe does not close
I use Outlook 2003 as my email editor which loads winword.exe when I create messages, but does not open Word. Sometimes my entire system seems to slow down and when that happens I open Task manager and find that WINWORD.EXE is still running and using up most of my RAM -- eventhough I do not have Word 2003 open or am in the middle of editing an email. Is there a fix that would assure that when Outlook is done with winword.exe that it is closed and the RAM freed? ...

How to combine graphics in a Publisher doc into a single image?
I made a publisher document with a number of circles, lines, text boxes and word art. I would like to merge all of those into one single graphic that I can resize, import/export, etc. Group the objects, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Yabai" <Yabai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7BE3122-F117-4851-92E1-10916224F758@microsoft.com... >I made a publisher document with a number of circles, lines, text boxes and > word art. I would like to merge all ...