Will there be a SP1 for Access 2007 runtime

I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 - use the
Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to distribute it to
client without access installed.

Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with an
unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 - until SP1 was
applied.

Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hallo,

lnielsen7 meinte:

> I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 -
> use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to
> distribute it to client without access installed.
>
> Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with
> an unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 -
> until SP1 was applied.
>
> Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe

Have a look:
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2008/01/08/runtime-update-in-progress.aspx

Acki
0
Joerg
1/14/2008 4:30:03 PM

"Joerg Ackermann" wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> lnielsen7 meinte:
>
> > I have an old access application that I would like to port to 2007 -
> > use the Developer Extentions and the accessruntime.exe to be able to
> > distribute it to client without access installed.
> >
> > Unfortunately one of the reports crashes the runtime environmet with
> > an unknown error. The error did also occur in pure Access 2007 -
> > until SP1 was applied.
> >
> > Is there any way to get an updated version of accessruntime.exe
>
> Have a look:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2008/01/08/runtime-update-in-progress.aspx
>
> Acki

Thank you very much - indeed more than I had hoped for.

Any chance that the annoying reconfiguration when using access 2003 after
access2007rt will dissapear.

Leif
Leif,

No chance, I think, for it to disappear.  But should be quicker now.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

> Any chance that the annoying reconfiguration when using access 2003 after
> access2007rt will dissapear.
0
Steve

How to validate sum of fields (access 2003)
Hi, I'm running a query in order to find records that have at least one match, based on a form - where I select a certain record - and a subform - where the matching records are displayed. The search is based on four parameters (located in the main form), which are scored from 0 to 1 (passing through 0,25, 0,5 and 0,75). The results that appear in the subform are ranked and filtered according to the sum of those four criteria and corresponding scores. Now, my problem is very simple but so far I haven't found a solution that works: I want to validate the sum of those f...

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Access Subfolder
Exchange 2003 - using Outlook 2003 I can access top level folder of a users contacts "Contacts", but he created a sub-folder "MaillingList" and even though I have access rights I can't get there. Any ideas? If it's impossible to do, what do you suggest as an alternative? Thanks! To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the = File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to = grant "folder visible" permission to the root of the mailbox and any = other parent folders of the shared folder, as well as...

Outlook 2007 & Winrar
Hi, I just installed Winrar 3.62 in Vista RTM with Outlook 2007 in it also. Now whenever I right click something and get the dialog "compress and email" or "compress to untitled.rar and e-mail" nothing happens. I looked it up at Winrar and faq over there said that the e-mail has to support MAPI???? I'm not sure what any of this means, but it does nothing at all, not even open Outlook to send e-mails. My friend said it works fine for her, Vista RTM, Outlook 2007, and Winrar 3.62. Hmm, nothing happens when I try to compress and e-mail anything. Any help? Jeff ...

Save as in Access 2002
I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message news:002301c3c0de$09859d10$a50...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

Outlook 2007 BCM fails after upgrade to Win7 64
Yesterday I upgraded from XP Pro to Win7 Pro 64. This required a format/clean install so I backed up these data files: myname.pst (Outlook Contact) MSSmallBusiness.mdf MSSmallBusiness.ldf MSSmallBusiness_log.ldf I reloaded them into the correct folder after re-installing Office 2007 and the latest updates from Windows Update including service packs. Now when I first opened Outlook 2007 it tried to configure BCM 2007 SP2 and then gave this error message: "Business Contact Manager for Outlook SP2: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unav...

Multi-Access Issue
How do I set up an access database file such that there is a password to enter and edit the file, and no password to enter and just use the file to gather information. The situation is that only one person will be entering data into the file, she needs the password, everyone else just want to be able to go in there and look around and see what the data is. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you use the mdb format, you can set up user level security. It is quite involved, so you'll want to read the following: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/sup...

Access 97 to Access 2000 10-06-04
Hi I have an Access 97 database to convert to Access 2000. If I do this on my local machine everything converts and compiles fine. However, if I do this on a remote machine there are compilation errors. Both PCs have Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) running on Windows 2000. I assume there is a problem with a DLL somewhere but if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. (If I converted/compiled locally would it then run on the remote machine with no problems?) Regards Phil Brewer Press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate Window. Choose References from the Tools menu. Anything marked &qu...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

How do I get Outlook 2007 to print only the weeks I select?
I can't seem to get the Print Range to work in Outlook 2007. No matter what range I put in, Outlook prints a 6 week calendar (except for Feb, which it prints 5 weeks). I've tried deselecting the "print exactly one month," but that button seems to be useless for me. I have SP2 installed. I tried using the Calendar Printing Assistant, and while it will print the month out correctly, it will not print my category colors, so it is not useful for me. Bottom line is I need to see more appointments on my monthly view print out, and I can do this if I print 4 or...

Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. After I installed office 2007 sp2, in outlook 2007 when I create new email or reply email, the mouse buttons seems not work any more. I don't have highlight and right click. It was working before I installed sp2. I try reinstall everything without any luck. Is this a outlook bug? I don't think it's a bug - did you try Help, Office Diagnostics? Have you rebooted since installing SP2? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Re: Access 2007 05-20-07
U�ytkownik ">" <Jan Kowalski <Tutaj wpisujesz �w�j nick> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:... > > > -- > msnews.microsoft.com > Uzytkownik "Michael" <mmatuszak@comcast.net> napisal w wiadomosci > news:1172517310.689465.209590@z35g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >> The reason I ask is that I, too, work with a highly programmed Access >> database (some 15,000 lines of VBA code, much of it automating data >> entry on forms -- and believe me, it's very tight code). In Access 97, >> 2000, 2002, and 2003, no performance pr...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Document Access
On importing a Word document to an e-mail for sending (which opens fine from the desktop) and I try to open the file from the e-mail to check before sending, it will not open, giving messgae 'Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges' - however, I have no special security / privilges set. Ideas please? Thanks, Graham ...

Access 2007 report wizard oddities
I'm writing some introductory data management labs for my college-level computer literacy course and I'm having problems with the report wizard. (Please don't lecture me on the benefits and pitfalls of using the report wizard, if there are such things. I have many years of data management experience and would have n trouble starting from scratch but I'm teaching beginner students who don't have such experience and wizard-generated reports are a great starting point for the reports I have them create.) Access is set up to use 1" margins for left, right, and top, ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Lebans print to pdf question: Send pdf via email attachment from Access
I downloaded Steve Lebans print to pdf module (excellent work!) and would like to have the ability to send the pdf as an email attachment via command button from open form. I would also like the pdf to bear the name from a "field name" on my open form. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Best regards, Brent beltex63@gmail.com Lebans' Report to PDF will already handle you passing the desired file name for the PDF. In the call to print the PDF, use the "field name" on your open form to build the path for the PDF. You could then probably use the sendobject to cr...

Excel 2007 Page Layout Selection Problem
I have a 19" monitor at a resolution of 1152 by 864. In page layout view, if I select a cell on page 1 by clicking just a little to the right of center in the cell, the cell and the one to the right of it are selected. If I click a little to the left of center in the cell, only the cell is selected. This behavior occurs with a zoom factor of 97% through 101%. With other zoom factors everything is fine. Also, if I scroll right so that column A disappears, there is no selection problem. This behavior does not occur on other pages, just page 1. Has anyone else noticed this kind of beh...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

64 bit Windows7
Merhaba, 64 bitlik windows7 ultimate işletim sistemine office 2007 kurulur mu, kurulursa çalışır mı? The chances of finding someone who understands Turkish here aren't good. If you're asking if Office 2007 (which is 32-bit) can be installed in the 64-bit version of Windows 7, however, the answer is yes. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "al-er" <al-er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6A5CAF2-5D19-41E5-B6CE-D2603F590A87@microsoft.com... > Merhaba, &g...