Why Re:s don't match original posts

Hi,

does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? I 
use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!!

Vlado 

0
windows
4/3/2007 6:18:28 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

6 Replies
801 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

What news server are you using?

If you are using your own ISP's server, try:
    news.microsoft.com
Specify a new account on this server under:
    Tools | Account

IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you still 
get occasional posts that disappear into thin air.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message 
news:ufdj1fbdHHA.4172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? I 
> use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!!
>
> Vlado 

0
Allen
4/3/2007 6:45:40 AM
Thx for your respond, Allen.

I'm @ news.microsoft.com.
There's more than one half of Re:s (17 out of 31) in my list when I open 
microsoft.public.access.

> ...posts that disappear into thin air.
:D

Vlado

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku 
news:ejY31ubdHHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> What news server are you using?
>
> If you are using your own ISP's server, try:
>    news.microsoft.com
> Specify a new account on this server under:
>    Tools | Account
>
> IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you 
> still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message 
> news:ufdj1fbdHHA.4172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? 
>> I use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!!
>>
>> Vlado
> 

0
windows
4/3/2007 6:56:52 AM
Hmm. I see the occasional messages like that, but not the bulk of them 
(unless you recently reset.)

You might want to go to:
    Tools | Options | Maintenance
and make sure this box is unchecked:
    Purge newsgroup mesages in the background

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
news:O4%23TS1bdHHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thx for your respond, Allen.
>
> I'm @ news.microsoft.com.
> There's more than one half of Re:s (17 out of 31) in my list when I open 
> microsoft.public.access.
>
>> ...posts that disappear into thin air.
> :D
>
> Vlado
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku 
> news:ejY31ubdHHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> What news server are you using?
>>
>> If you are using your own ISP's server, try:
>>    news.microsoft.com
>> Specify a new account on this server under:
>>    Tools | Account
>>
>> IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you 
>> still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air.
>>
>> "Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message 
>> news:ufdj1fbdHHA.4172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original posts? 
>>> I use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me crazy!!! 

0
Allen
4/3/2007 7:36:38 AM
Finally, I decided to reset. Some Re:s still reside but it's much better 
now.
Vlado
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku 
news:edvlULcdHHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hmm. I see the occasional messages like that, but not the bulk of them 
> (unless you recently reset.)
>
> You might want to go to:
>    Tools | Options | Maintenance
> and make sure this box is unchecked:
>    Purge newsgroup mesages in the background
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
> news:O4%23TS1bdHHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Thx for your respond, Allen.
>>
>> I'm @ news.microsoft.com.
>> There's more than one half of Re:s (17 out of 31) in my list when I open 
>> microsoft.public.access.
>>
>>> ...posts that disappear into thin air.
>> :D
>>
>> Vlado
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku 
>> news:ejY31ubdHHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> What news server are you using?
>>>
>>> If you are using your own ISP's server, try:
>>>    news.microsoft.com
>>> Specify a new account on this server under:
>>>    Tools | Account
>>>
>>> IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though you 
>>> still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air.
>>>
>>> "Vladim�r Cvajniga" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message 
>>> news:ufdj1fbdHHA.4172@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> does anybody know why large number of Re:s doesn't match original 
>>>> posts? I use Outlook Express as a news reader and those Re:s drive me 
>>>> crazy!!!
> 

0
windows
4/3/2007 8:01:16 AM
In news:O4%23TS1bdHHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Vladim�r Cvajniga <nospam@thank.you> wrote:
> Thx for your respond, Allen.
>
> I'm @ news.microsoft.com.
> There's more than one half of Re:s (17 out of 31) in my list when I
> open microsoft.public.access.

You may also see replies to spam or offensive messages that Microsoft 
has removed from its servers.

-- 
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)


0
Dirk
4/3/2007 2:13:36 PM
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in
news:ejY31ubdHHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl: 

> IME, most responses are correctly threaded on that server, though
> you still get occasional posts that disappear into thin air

Eh? Threading happens in the news reader, not on the server. A
proper news reader will use the References: header to do the
threading. Unfortunately, some popular news readers don't maintain
the References properly, so the resulting articles can't necessarily
be properly threaded. 

-- 
David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/ 
usenet at dfenton dot com    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/
0
David
4/3/2007 4:43:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Errors posting RMS batches to Quickbooks Premier 2003
Can anyone help resolve this error? I can't post any RMS batches to Quickbooks Premier 2003. Attempts to post always fail with the following message: "Post of batch #279 failed. Quick Books error - There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: Transaction split lines to accounts receivable must include a customer on that split line." I believe I have Quickbooks and RMS properly set up to talk to each other, but I may well be missing something. How do I check and resolve this? I'm not a QuickBooks Advisor, but I believe...

Re: Keeping a SUM filed clear Until All Numbers Entered
Thanks for the helpful replies. Carl -- If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran..... ...

General Posting Journal Modifications
How do I modify my General Posting Journal so that it will summarize at the account level, but I sitll want to be able to post in detail. What's wrong with the Account Summary report that prints after the General Posting Journal? If that's all you need, then disable the General Posting Journal report. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Vicki" wrote: > How do I modify my General Posting Journal so that...

Re: Calculate Problem
1) ON MY EXCEL WORKSHEET AT THE BOTTOM, AFTER �READY�,I KEEP GETTIN �CALCULATE�. AS A RESULT, MY FORMULAS TAKE SO LONG TO PERFORM AND ALS UNABLE TO GO TO ANOTHER CELL EXCEPT I PRESS THE EXC KEY. HOW DO I TUR IT AND MINIMIZE THE TIME IT TAKES FOR MY FORMULAS TO PERFORM TH TASK. 2) THE RESPOND YOU GAVE ME ON HOW TO PASTE UNTO MULTIPLE SHEETS ON TH SAME WORKBOOK AT THE SAME TIME VIA HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY THE SELLECTING THE SHEETS AND THEN PASTE DOES NOT WORK . ANY OTHER METHO PLEASE. THANK YOU -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com #1. I figure excel takes as long as it needs...

Re: Conversion from 123 to Excel
I just want to give a public thanks to all the people that give advice on here that is given to me and others on these boards. Because without this help I wouldn’t have been able to convert the last company’s report from 123 to Excel. You folks on here are awesome. Thanks again Steve ...

How can i track re-assigned contacts
I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is greatly appreciated -- IT Manager By default when you assign a contact to some one else you automatically are assigned rights to the specific contact. You should still have access to those contacts. But what exactly do you mean with tracking a contact. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl "Melvin F" wrote: > I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is > greatly appr...

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

Ranking/Sorting more than 3 row's
I have a spreadsheet with 742 rows (of company names). I have 5 columns of criteria for the companies. Each column is a different criteria about each company, and has a numerical rank for each company. 1-~75 (some columns/criteria have no rank for a company) I want to create an overall rank of the companies based on how they perform across the 5 rows. I want the companies with the most 1's at the top and then those with 1 & 2's and then those with 2 & 2's etc. Is there a way to sort or rank this spreadsheet of companies? I would do a sum of the inverses of each of...

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...

I want to mark a NG post to follow-up
Quite often I see a post that I would like to mark somehow so that when I open the NG in a day or 2 I can easily find that post and view any replies. At the moment the best I can do is scroll down all the posts until I find the one I want. Not very good. Is ther a way to set-up a post so it is easily found or perhaps only marked posts appear first when connecting to that NG. I use Outlook Express 6. regards PeterH Just solved it with "Watch/Ignore" "PeterH" <reply to newsproup@NOSPAM.net> wrote in message news:5DGFc.77185$sj4.47184@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...

Disabling the open other user's folder feature
We are using Exchange 2003 and have notied that there is a "feature" that allows any user to open another user's folder without having to grant permissions for this. I mean any user can pull over any other user's inbox contents or calendar contents. For us, a financial institution, this is a huge security risk. Even after using an explicit deny permission on a user mailbox we are still able to access the inbox from the denied account. Microsoft has little on their knowledge base about this except to say that, for some insane reason, administrators are denied from ...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

free blog's
free blog's http://www.4drk.com http://www.4drk.com -- adabucha3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ adabucha3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30374 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500315 ...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...

There's no "read only" popup for files already open
I hope this is the correct place to post this message. Any help would be really appreciated. I have multiple .xls files shared on a Windows 2003 Server machine. The "this file is read only" popup doesn't appear when a user opens a file already open by another user. The user has no idea the file is already open until they try to save, and then it says "you can save this locally...." How can I make this functionality available? Thanks. -lp ...

Compare data that do not exactly match
I am in the process of comparing data from (2) different databases to find differences in the same type of data. Example: I have customer names in one system and a customer name in a different system and I need to make a comparison to see if it is the same name. Lets say I have Account # 34234 in both databases/tables and in one of them the account name is Smith, John R and in the other is Smith, John. Since both do not fully match, it could come back in the unmatch query. How would I do this so the query could tell that is close to be the same, compared to account name (1) Smith...

Outlook 2007 "stuck" in other user's calendar
Help! I just opened someone else's calendar from my Outlook 2007. When I went to Inbox, it showed my Inbox, when I went to Contacts it went to my Contscat. When I clicked theCalendar icon it went straight back to the other user's calendar. I couldn't find a way to close his calendar and get back to mine. I tried exiting Outlook and restarting, but the same thing happened. I evntually got out of it, but by then was so confused I don't know how I solved it! Is there a simple explanation? TIA Steve there should be a list of calendars in the navigation pane and you check (or ...

match one cell for another one that contains it
I'm trying to do a true/false for a cell that contains info from another cell: A1 = auto A2 = automobile This is the closest as I can get: =ISNUMBER(MATCH("A1",E2,0)) I don't know how to do a "contains" function where all of A2 contains part of A1 to set it to True. Thanks in advance for the help! This forum is great! -- krayziez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krayziez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34891 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

Return column number of matching cell in external range
Cell A1 in open_workbook_1 contains a text string. The same text string will be found somewhere in closed_workbook_1 within the cell range A1:Z100 How can I return to cell A2 in open_workbook_1, the column number of the cell in closed_workbook_2 which contains the text string? Thanks. Nazg�l wrote: > Cell A1 in open_workbook_1 contains a text string. > > The same text string will be found somewhere in closed_workbook_1 > within the cell range A1:Z100 > > How can I return to cell A2 in open_workbook_1, the column number of > the cell in closed_workbook_2 which contain...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....