why? form couldn't refresh when using split form

Dear
I got a problem with split form. I am not sure if it's a bug of access 2007.

I added a label in my form named "lblFEType" and a section of code like
this:

Private Sub Form_Current()
lblFEType.Caption = IIf(isHandler(Me![PayerNo]), "Import", "Export")
End Sub

It totally work when I use "Record Navigator Botton"(I am sure if it's the
correct call in English version).

But it wouldn't work when I jump the record by clicking the datasheet part
of the split form. The bindedfield works fine and the data will show
correctly, but the label control doesn't update.

I've tracked the code. The above code indeed runs. But the form seems not to
be refresh. I've try add the command like
me.refresh
me.requery
me.repaint

Anyhow it doesn't work. The same situation occurs when I try to change the
bottons' "enabled" property.

Please kindly help me.

With best regards

Jason

0
Jason
8/21/2007 1:35:24 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

:)   Ha ha!

On 8/20/07 6:35 PM, in article OImTHO54HHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, "Jason
Jiang" <jasonjiang#fairebusiness.com> wrote:

> Dear
> I got a problem with split form. I am not sure if it's a bug of access 2007.
>
> I added a label in my form named "lblFEType" and a section of code like
> this:
>
> Private Sub Form_Current()
> lblFEType.Caption = IIf(isHandler(Me![PayerNo]), "Import", "Export")
> End Sub
>
> It totally work when I use "Record Navigator Botton"(I am sure if it's the
> correct call in English version).
>
> But it wouldn't work when I jump the record by clicking the datasheet part
> of the split form. The bindedfield works fine and the data will show
> correctly, but the label control doesn't update.
>
> I've tracked the code. The above code indeed runs. But the form seems not to
> be refresh. I've try add the command like
> me.refresh
> me.requery
> me.repaint
>
> Anyhow it doesn't work. The same situation occurs when I try to change the
> bottons' "enabled" property.
>
> Please kindly help me.
>
> With best regards
>
> Jason

-1
Noelie

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

To use LINQ to SQL or not ?
What are the pro and cons ? Pro and cons against what, is better than ???? is worse than ???? This is a developer newsgroup you know, we want to be exact. "Robbie" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:mradndVlrK12P4jRnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@giganews.com... > What are the pro and cons ? > > Robbie wrote: > What are the pro and cons ? > > It's not about accessing SQL, which is just one aspect of using Linq. The pro is about this. The ability to use OOP(s) *objects*. The con to something like Linq-2-SQL is not understanding ho...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Which excel viewer does one use for Windows 98?
I am trying to find an excel viewer that will work with Windows 98; is there such a thing? Excel 2003 viewer requires a minimum of Windows 2000 This will work with win98 http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=5257&fileidx=1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Puzzled" <Puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D7D72A0-FA8F-4FF3-A2D0-31C5D8B6B4FA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find an excel viewer that will work with Windows 98; is >there > such a thing? > > Excel 2003 viewer requires a minimum ...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

"Operation must use an updateable query" error in IM
Our Client is running GP10 SP1 with all users connecting through Terminal Server to Sql 2005. Receiving error "Operation must use an updateable query" when trying to run an AP Transaction integration that has worked fine until this week. The source files are *txt files and they are not using any Sql scripting in the integration. I get that whenever I have an Access database that has somehow been marked read only or if the user I am logged in as only has read permissions. Since IM uses an Access database internally, I would suggest checking that the user who's logged i...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Use MFC in a Static Library in Visual Studio 2005 ???
I can't find the option for static linking in Visual Studio 2005, does anyone know where it is now? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:akRwk.50203$Rs1.37098@newsfe08.iad... >I can't find the option for static linking in Visual Studio 2005, does >anyone know where it is now? Project/Properties/Configuration Properties/C/C++/Code Generation see the "Runtime Library" choices. The choices that do not contain "DLL" are the static linking options. Cheers -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] >I can't find the o...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

Feasibility of using sql server express
Hi Is sql server express ok for a 20 user contacts database which is used mostly for queries and rarely has updates or inserts? Many Thanks Regards > Is sql server express ok for a 20 user contacts database which is used > mostly for queries and rarely has updates or inserts? Without knowing anything else about the application and assuming that the queries are not intensive, my guess is that the Express edition is adequate as long as you can operate within the space limitation and have adequate hardware for the workload. I think this would be easy to test. ...