When I close a form with DoCmd.Close I get a parameter popup

This is a repost.  I will try to explain the problem a little better than I
did the last time.

When I execute DoCmd.Close on one of my forms I get one of those little
unknown parameter popups, the kind you get when there's something wrong with
your query.  But all I'm trying to do is close the form, not read any data.
This popup appears to be gernerated by the row source query in a list box on
the form.  This row source query references another text box on the form and
this appears to be what the popup is asking for.  But there's a value in
this text box.  And why should this query be executed when I'm closing the
form?  How can I do DoCmd.Close without getting any parameter popups?

Robert

0
Robert
7/14/2007 7:07:56 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It might be this bug http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811860

--
Roy-Vidar

0
RoyVidar

Simple hack to get $500 to your home
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://ukfullenjoy.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

Getting a 0x800CCC0F error?
Hi, I just reloaded windows on my new PC that I just built and I am getting a error with Outlook XP that I just do not understand. This the the error that I am receiving; Task 'mail.*********.com Webmaster - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?$?$??' The weird part is that I can send and receive e-mails I just keep on getting this message and I do not know why. Thanks for any help, ...

Getting the tool tip text from a CToolBar
How can I get the tool tip text from a CToolBar? For instance, I want to get the 5th button tool tip text in the CToolBar. I understand about the ToolTipCtrl but can't find a away to get a single buttons text. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. "Jeremy R. Harner" <jrh04009@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1d0511ec.0310151158.7b024e3d@posting.google.com... > How can I get the tool tip text from a CToolBar? For instance, I want > to get the 5th button tool tip text in the CToolBar. I understand > about the ToolTipCtrl but can't find a away to g...

OWA forms
Hello, I have over 300 OWA users who wish to have the capability to request vacation time using a form similar to outlook vacation form using OWA, Is this possible? and if so, is there a procedure or an example I can follow to create such forms? Thank you in advance. That's not an Outlook question, I'm afraid, since desktop Outlook forms = do not translate to OWA at all. Exchange development docs start at = http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange/ with discussions in the = microsoft.public.exchange.development newsgroup or on the Web at = http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForu...

How to get rid of duplicates in Excel?...
Is there a command that I can use that will go through and delete duplicates? I have a spreadsheet with just e-mails and there are dups. I am using Excel 2003...thanks! Frank Hi Frank, http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.Deleting.html Use IE, not Firefox -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "frank" <frankmcma @ yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vbQwf.57253$XJ5.17707@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a command that I can use that will go through and delete > duplicates? I have a spreadsheet with just e-mails and there are dups. I > am using Excel 2003...thanks! > ...

Excel Form and message box
Hi there, I'm running Excel 2000. I am just learning so please excuse my questions if they sound simple. To put this as simply as possible I have a spreadsheet of children's names. I've created a form that is activated by a control button. What I want to do is choose a child's name from the combo box and eventually delete that child from the spreadsheet. I have an "are you sure" type msgbox but cannot get the yes/no side of it functioning correctly. I've worked on this for hours and have just given up. This is my code so far: Private Sub cboRemChild_...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

How do I get the same contacts to show up on all of my computers.
In our office we have five computers that all have the same program, however when a new contact is entered some contacts you can access it from all the computers and some you can't, how can I make so that all of the information shows up on all of the computers? The program on all 5 computers is.................?? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:23:02 -0700, JLebron <JLebron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In our office we have five computers that all have the same program, however >when a new contact is entered some contacts you can access it from a...

Forms to Public Folder from other Organization are blank
Our company has two Exchange organizations (don't ask). Organization A has forms published in the Organizational Forms Library. Organization B does not. User A moves from Org A to Org B and wants to use a form they have used before in Org A. This form posts to a public folder in Org A. Since the form is not published in Org B they use a form that was previously forwarded to them and then forward it back to the public folder. However, when it arrives at the public folder there is no form and the email is blank. If the same form is forwarded to a user or DL in Org A, it shows up as ex...

Opening up Access in Form View
I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu. When I click on the database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form. How do I do that? Thank you! For pre-2007 versions select Tools | Startup on the main database menu bar, and then select the relevant form as the Display Form/Page property. I can't speak for 2007, but I imagine it will be broadly similar. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England Alaska1 wrote: >I have created a form in Acces that is a main menu. When I click on the >database icon I want the database to open in the main menu form. Ho...

Updating a form if field has been removed so that I don't get a me
Hi I have created a form. Due to modifications to the form, I no longer need a field which I have included in the original form. Before I deleted the field, I had made a back up of my database. When I delete the field, let's call it "ProductCodeOld", whenever I open up the database, I get a text box saying that the "ProductCodeOld" is not in the form or words to that effect. How do I remove a field from a form without this type of message appearing? Thank you in advance. Forest8 - You may have code in the form that references the old field. ...

getting the path out of a hyperlink
I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how to do this? Hi see the following site for some code: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm (in the middle of this page) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany James wrote: > I need to extract the path from a hyperlink in a cell. Any ideas how > to do this? ...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Data file not closed properly #3
I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it. I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly" every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine. I am running XP pro w/ SP-2. Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 All patches and updates are current. My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office 2003 install, (reformat drive and new ins...

How to get report to only show <85%
I have a report that is based on a query. This report takes the information I've entered and uses a calculation to total an employee's total efficiency for the job they perform. On this report I am only wanting to see people who have less than 85% efficiency. How would I get my report to perform this task? This is the formula in the control source for my Total Efficiency text box: =(([Quantity]*(Round([Hour Unit],3)))*7.5)/(([On Std Hours]+[Off Std Hours])* [Employee Data_Rate]) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-re...

get the running path
Hi, i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could somebody give me the example? Thanks, Holger hi holger, try this TCHAR szPath[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(GetExeName()), szPath, MAX_PATH); -- kind regards, muechel while(!sleep()) ++sheep; hi, Try GetModuleFileName() AfxGetInstanceHandle() Dont remember which one will give the path. hth gangadhar Holger Krei�l wrote: > Hi, > > i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from t...

How do I get a publisher template for A7 envelope?
I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope Donna Gracon wrote: > I need a template for A7 envelope and A4 envelope There is no such thing as an "A7 envelope" or an "A4 envelope" because those are paper sizes - when referencing envelopes you should use the correct prefix, which is 'C'. Do you really mean "C7" by the way because it's not a standard size and, if it was a typo and you meant 'C6' Publisher already has those. And I don't see why you're having problems with C4 - just use an A4 sheet, design and print. I do it...

Outlook2003 open and closed immediatly
I checked event log, nothing. And this happened when I just reboot my machine and first time tried to open Outlook, still same problem. But I found, when I double click anywhere in the Outlook Windows even it only gave me 0.5 second, then it won't close. Andy -------------------------------------------------------------- >>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple >>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try >>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted >>above. >>>>>-----Original Message----- >>>>>My O...

double-click to new form in Access 2003
An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002. There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform. The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields of the selected row. I have Access 2002. However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do anything. The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform of the main form is OpenF...

Outlook Closes After Closing an Email
When I click the 'X' to close an email after reading it, Outlook closes (or tries to close, but I get a warning because I have templates in my Outbox). This only seems to happen when I close a new email. I have Outlook 2003. Thank you. ...