what happens when you access an encrypted BE in 2007

when using an encrypted BE, does the whole Be become decrypted at logon,
or is it only the data flowing in and out of it. In other words, is the Be
vulnerable/decrypted if it is being accessed via a FE?

thanks

access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tue, 4 May 2010 12:14:02 -0700, salmonella <uwimdl@hotmail.com.dns> wrote:

>when using an encrypted BE, does the whole Be become decrypted at logon,
>or is it only the data flowing in and out of it. In other words, is the Be
>vulnerable/decrypted if it is being accessed via a FE?
>
>thanks

Only the data. The database does not become unencrypted. A second user will
NOT be able to get at the data.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Does this happen to you?
For my Suppliers, I have item numbers set up, when I try and input them into a Purchase Order, the item is missing...there is no item number, and no item... I have to close the Add Item box, and click on Quick Scan to find the item...then it's there, and when I add it, it shows the item number and everything... I am running the latest version as well!!! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Stop Internet Access
Is there a way to stop internet access from Outlook 2002? ...

What happened to GM?
Is it true: As goes GM, so goes the country? Now, I know someone in this ng (newsgroup) has independent entrepreneurial skills! I don't care what you say, this thing has been building for at least the last 30 years. Management vs. Labor. Once they finally solved that problem, it was back to business as usual. That would be? Building shoty products and inventory that barely passed as equal to the superior international auto makers. To be honest, the cars didn't even come close to the quality, that the Internationals were or are producing. One good thing can come of this though. ...

Outlook 2003/2007 on same PC
I recently had an occasion to install Outlook 2003 back on my PC (I need it for stamps.com). When I try to start it I get this error: "Cannot start MS Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version. This could have been caused by installing other messaging software. Please reinstall Outlook." I only plan to use the contact feature of Outlook '03 and that is only when I use stamps.com. I suspect (perhaps foolishly) stamps.com will soon have an Outlook 2007 add-in and I will be fine. Until then, does anyone know of a workaround? I am using a trial version of MSO 2007 Profes...

Funky write access to network drives
I'm having some baffling behavior on a computer and I need some help. I have a new computer (Dell T5500) with XP Pro SP3 that I setup that is acting strange. Every time I try write files to a network drive while logged into my domain it begins to copy and then fails. If I copy a group of small files several files will successfully write and then it fails at a random file. If I copy a large file it will begin and then fail. I've tried all kinds of files from different locations on my local hard drive. I can copy files from the network onto my local hard drive. I have roaming...

Opening Publisher 2007 using Publisher 2000
My friend sent me a file using publisher 2007 and I can't open it coz I'm using a Publisher 2000. What can I do? Thanks Have you friend convert the file to Publisher 2000, then resend. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Cofibean" <Cofibean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36F8EAB2-B81D-4FF2-AA96-55948B850274@microsoft.com... > My friend sent me a file using publisher 2007 and I can't open it coz I'm > using a Publisher 2000. > > What can I do? Thanks ...

outlook 2007 & autodiscover
when using rpc over http, you get a dialog box "Allow this website to configure u...@domain.com server settings? example pic can be seen here - http://help.asu.edu/node/740 if the check box "Don't ask me about this website again=94 option and then click the Allow button to continue" WHERE does this setting get saved???? I would like to be able to force this down to other users before they try it , thus avoiding the prompt. thanks I'd look at the pont_string - http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/showdialog.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: h...

access 2007
i use got access 2007 and am having trouble showing all the forms, queries, modules when i am using visual basic. i designed various data bases in 2003 and have multi queries, forms, modules. when i go to 2007 and do a review of any those groups, not all the screens show in the directory on the left side of the screen. how do i indicate in access 2007 to show all entries? i don't see any option that allows that. for example, let's say i have 25 queries, but only 10 show. thanks for your help Left click the blue bar at the top of the navigation pane, just above the ...

query timing out. how do you stop this from happening?
What can be done to keep a querie from constantly timing out? Almost all my queries and functions are doing this lately as my database grows. Any advice on this is very much welcome. Thanks, MC -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 ...

Why does it happen?
The following is my code: *********************************** CFile xmlFile; CFileException e; if( !myFile.Open( "test.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite, &e ) ) { myFile.SeekToBegin(); CString sContent = "abc"; myFile.Write(LPCTSTR(sContent), sContent.GetLength()); myFile.Close(); } ************************************* I open the file using UltraEdit in HEX mode, and found the result: every character is followed by "00"(two zeros). Why? In addition, my OS is a Chinese version of XP. Any help would be appreciate. "mizi" <all@ywzc.n...

User Access Error 02-06-04
Hi There, I've created user accounts in the MSCRM server. When trying to access the website from a client PC, after entering username, password and domain to login, the following error message appears: User Access Error ----------------- The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the sytem, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. My question: How do you create a CRM user account? I thought...

Word 2007 Undo Limits
I am trying to determine the upper limits of the "undo" feature in Word 2007. The on-line help says that there is an maximum of 100 undo's allowed in Word, Excel and PPT 2007, however, when I tested this in Word 2007, I was able to undo 125 items in one step. Can anyone tell me what the real maximum is, or is it unlimited? All help is greatly appreciated. -- LPS I believe the limit depends on your computer's RAM. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LPS" <LPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E022663-A118-4758-935...

Bug in Excel 2007. Impossible to add new data to exsiting chart ??
Gentlemen, I have an existing Excel file (Office 2003) that we opened in Excel 2007. No compatibility problem were found. The date page (Salesdata) consist of two columns A4 to A186 (Date format from April1993 until July2008 ) and B4 to B186 (Sales/normal value data April1993 until July 2008) Next there are 12 charts (January until December) Each chart contains the month value of each year. Example, The March chart contains the data from March 1994 until April 2007. Problem/Bug: When we try to add the data of March 2008 (A183:B183) to the chart March it doesn't work ???? We made a cop...

Installing Office 2007 and keep getting earlier fersion error
I have tried the uninstall utility in Windows XP for a trial version of Office 2003. The install of Office 2007 keeps telling me the 2003 version is still there. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040201090908050807090708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How long has it been since you installed Office 2003 "Trial Version"? Also please confirm that YOU REALLY MEAN OFFICE 2003 and not Office 2007. These are two different products doing almost identical things like writing a letter to ...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 2.0
I am working for a company that is running Access 2.0 ( seriously ) I want to modify an existing report in access 2000 but then export it so that I can use it in Access 2.0 Similarly, I want to export a query created in 2000 ( or 97 ) and export it so that I can use it in Access 2.0 Anyone know how to accomplish this feat ? Thanks in advance -- ============================== I don't believe it's possible. You can get data from Access 2000 to Access 2, but I think that's it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "D"...

Can I prevent others from copying my MS Access DB Program
I deleloped a database program for small business that i sell and would like to prevent these business from making copies of my MS Access DB and giving them to similar business. How can I do this? "Todos Menos [MSFT]" <todos_menos_msft@hotmail.com> wrote:Todos Menos is not a Microsoft employee. This posting is by A a r o nK e m p f.Tony-- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Faz <F...

Displaying a List of All VBA Procedures in Excel 2007 fromthe Ribb
How can I make this available to any workbook. For instance, I have a system running and it has around 280 modules. you might see the code at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd890502(office.11).aspx or bellow: Option Explicit Private Sub btnClose_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub btnList_Click() ' Declare variables to access the Excel 2007 workbook. Dim objXLApp As Excel.Application Dim objXLWorkbooks As Excel.Workbooks Dim objXLABC As Excel.Workbook ' Declare variables to access the macros in the workbook. Dim VBAEditor ...

Access And Tablet PC
Do you know if I can program Access to recognize hand writting? Do you know of good resources (libraries, sample apps, documentation to program Access on the tablet?) Thank you I think Access 2007 probably already supports handwriting. -Amy <hl383@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:093bd4d6-cb38-4871-9cf9-d51fe399cdce@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Do you know if I can program Access to recognize hand writting? Do > you know of good resources (libraries, sample apps, documentation to > program Access on the tablet?) > > Thank you When a couple of the guys in...

Strange Happenings
Windows XP Pro clients (2) running Office XP Pro on Exchange server 5.5 When one sends an email it can take up to 3 hours to get to the others inbox, UNLESS you switch views, say go to calendar and then back again and hey presto it works. People using Win2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro get the email straight away. It seems crazy that it should not show up immediatly like the old NT clinets did on the NT server system. Got me baffled. Anyone know of a solution? -- SP1 for Fun, Jaguar for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 ...

insert a radio button in outlook 2007
Hi, is it possible to insert a Radio button in Outlook, or a drop down menu so that I can send a feedback questionnaire with questions? Thanks Only via custom forms and additional VBA scripts to record their responses in a reply. You'd then need additional programming to easily collect the responses from the replies in order to analyze the results. It might be easier to use a web based questionnaire instead where responses are directly stored within a database. If you still want to do this via email, you might want to take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outl...

inventory user access any location & update balance
inventory user can access any location defined in GP setup locations and perform transactions (transfer, adjustment) that affects the item's balance without control from user side. expected to have the transactions came from outside user to my location to be pending and will not update any item balance unless it is approved from user and those transactions should be stored in DB with information about who, when, where those transaction are made. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

O/L 2002 SP3 Contact access
Have relocated PST file to new computer, running same version and system. Contacts selection window shows contacts sorted by FIRST names though have selected last names in tools/options/preferences/contact options and view/current view/customize Additionally Have 3 contact sub folders which are inaccessible on contacts selection popup window..This worked fine before migration. All/Any help sincerely appreciated. Keefer If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enab...

excel 2007 errors on chart changes
In excel 97 & 2000, everything works fine. Not in 2007 My macro changes chart type. It works in excel 2007 too untill I protect the worksheet. Then I get errors on this ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate I assume it is because the chart is protected. How do I change the charts protected status so that I can make changes to the chart with macros and yet keep certain rows and colums hidden? I can record a macro in protected mode. But when I try to run it, I get an error.??? ...

What does it happen?
Hello all: I create a single document and the class view is derived from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you. Take a look at this article: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/virtuallist.asp Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:e8yCVl8MGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I create a single document and the class view is derived > from CListView using AppWizard,and now I want to know the message > LVN_GETDISPINFO and what does it happen?thank you...

access 2007 run time
Does anyone knows when will be available. My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them to 2007. Running Access 2007 in Runtime Mode: http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/03/26/running-access-2007-in-runtime-mode.aspx HTH Vlado "Munteanu Gabriel" <softdata@softdata.ro> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:EB858512-90BA-4ED2-9E27-CC57FEEF6FA3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone knows when will be available. > My app are in Acc 2002, and they don't work on Vista unless I convert them > to 2007. "Munteanu Gabriel" <...