What determines the order in which records are viewed

Hi all

What determines the order in which records are viewed in a table

If I import data or create a new table from a query

regards, Garry

0
Garry
9/20/2007 1:40:10 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

View System Folders in Outlook Explorer
I would like to be able to view a windows folder within the Outlook explorer. I have found a way to create a shortcut in the short view. Clicking the shortcut opens a new windows with that system folder, but I would like to be able to navigate and work in a system folder in the folder view of Outlook. Any ideas? Thanks! That's no longer supported in current versions of Outlook 2003.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrat...

Update from workflow requires reloading record
Why does a create workflow update not seen right away? the users have to reload the opportunity to see the updated field? Can workflow force that to happen automatically? Thanks -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Think of it this way: workflow is server-side, and what the user sees on the form is client-side -- it's just in their browser, and unfortunately CRM doesn't include a lot of built-in AJAX functionality, which, if it did, might refresh data on the form without reloading the page. One way around this is to use an OnChange event in a field to save the form. However, it's ...

Catalog merge sort order
I'm merging information into a directory. The catalog set-up box will repeat 5 down and 2 across. I want it to alphabetize down the left column and then continue to the right column. Right now it is merging left to right then to the next row--alphabetizing across rather than down. Can someone tell me how to make it go up and down? Or tell me where to find it in the online help? Thank you. -- Kaye Hopefully this will be fixed in the next Publisher... Do the merge with one row per page, in step 5 convert the merge to a publication, manually adjust the directory by dragging the...

Default view?
Every Word file is opening up in Print layout. Is there any way of having the default opening layout to be Web layout? Who prints these days anyway? Maybe 1 in 100 documents on a typical computer ever gets printed! It seems ridiculous to have Print as the default layout. Using XP Pro SP3 with Office 2007 but have chosen to save documents in the Word 2003 file type so Wordpad can access them in case I need to work with them on a public computer that may not have Word 2007 installed. Surely it must be possible to have Web Layout as the default View setting. I have hundre...

Change Order for a Report
Can I change the report order by HorseName1 Asending [Not by HorseID] or by dtdate as this is doing Thanks for any Help...Bob Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Category.ControlSource = "='" & Form_frmMain.cbCategory & "'" tblHorseInfo,qryCategory where tblRemarks.HorseID=tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.HorseID = tblHorseInfo.HorseID and qryCategory.dtdate1 = tblRemarks.dtDate ORDER BY tblRemarks.dtDate DESC; Me.RecordSource = "SELECT tblRemarks.dtDate, funGetHorse(0, qryCategory.HorseID,false) AS HorseName1, " _ &...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Filter Records not Begginning with Numberic Characters
My table has a Street address field. I would like to filter out records that do not begin with a numeric Character. Also if possible I would like to filter records that do not have a space between the numeric characters and the alpha - Example: 123Street I would try WHERE StreetAddress Not Like "[0-9]*" or StreetAddress Not Like "*[0-9] *" John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Jeff wrote: > My table has a Street address field. > I would like to filter out records that do n...

Purchase Order queries
My client would like to be able to create queries that show the original requisition, purchase order number and the status if this item has been received / paid. Ultimatly they would like to see the check number used to pay the item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Amended Purchase Order Subtotal
I went in to amend a purchase order and now the sub-total is not adding up correctly. Any thoughts? This utility should fix it: Tools >> Utilities >> Purchasing >> Reconcile Purchasing Documents. "Beetlejuice" wrote: > I went in to amend a purchase order and now the sub-total is not adding up > correctly. Any thoughts? ...

MsQuery returning one record + one empty record
Hi all, In the same excel file, i have one sheet containing data and one running a MSQuery to retrive some of the data with a parameter. The problem is that when only one record should be returned, I have that record and a blank record. Because I have formulas that are auto-extended, I have two lines of formula. In MsQuery UI, there's only one record. I hope this is clear, Thanks Pierre-André ...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Change order of A/R Statements
How can I change the order in which customer statements print out of RMS? I would like to print statements sorted by company name. Currently, the statements print in some random order....I think based on CustomerID. Paul, I agree. I just had a customer tell me the same thing. They need the statements in Alphabetical order. The current order appears to be straight out of the customer table in the order they were entered. It has been posted as a suggestion - vote for it and push it higher on the "list". Claude "Paul Arenson" wrote: > How can I chang...

Verifying number of records for upgrades/migrations
I have the following script from an MBS upgrade manual, which works great: Select name, rows from sysindexes where indid in (0,1) order by name However, we need to change our sort order to case-insensitive, according to the TK on CUstomersource using BCP. I have done this a couple times, but after you bcp the data out, then in, the number of records signicantly changes because the script is looking at the sysindexes table. Is there a script that we can run to look at the number of records within all user-defined tables, instead of the number of indexes? I don't feel comfortable...

How can I update a spreadsheet for a new season of records?
I use a spreadsheet to track fees paid by members of two different bowling leagues. Is there an easy way to delete the information that was entered for last year and then change the dates for this season?? why not create a spradsheet only with column or row headings and save it as a template "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DA1832-520C-4E06-9508-74F3F367494F@microsoft.com... > I use a spreadsheet to track fees paid by members of two different bowling > leagues. Is there an easy way to delete the information that was entered for >...

external data table sort order
Hi, I am querying a SQL database view to return a table of data in Excel. The view is setup to sort the data they way I need it so my query within excel is literally "select * from MyView". However in Excel 2007 I now get this fancy data table with filter headers that seem to override my views sort order. If I use the filter to sort a column then this is the dominent sort order even if I remove the filter from the table and refresh the data. So how do I retrieve external data in the order it was intended in? Thanks, Matt -- Thanks! ...

Receive Purchase Order save work
When receiving purchase orders with many items on them we save our work by clicking OK now and then. When you then reopen the purchase order the quatity information for items you already have received is saved. But when you update the new price column for a item, then click ok to save your work, it is not saved when returning to the purchase order. The purchase orders are big and we would like to be able to save the work now and then. Any help would be appreciated. Robbert This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0156_01C82846.971EF7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; c...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

How do I set Newsgroup download sort order
When I was using OE as a News Reader the news groups would download in alphabetical order. But When using Live Mail as a Newsreader they seem to download in the order in which I subscribed to them. Is there anyway of changing this behaviour back to alphabetical? Thanks Hmm-mm . . . Mine are alphabetical. Happen to have added 2 yesterday and they were placed in the correct order . . . . . . "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@spam.me.not> wrote in message news:uzXYQBMtKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I was using OE as a News Reader the news groups would downloa...

Cannot view text boxes created in Word on a PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I'd be grateful for any advice on this. I created a document in Word on my Mac using Print Layout, it contained 2 lines of text and the rest of the document was text boxes. I saved it as Word doc 97-2004 and sent it to some colleagues who work on PC's (with Word 2007). However all they could see on their machines were 2 lines of text and no text boxes at all. <br><br>When I delved into it a bit more, I realised that on the PC it was only possible to view the document in Draft View or in ...

Color Code report
Hi, I am working on a customize report. The datasource for the report is filled by code. I am wondering if it's possible for me to highlight rows with if one field of current record is different from the previous record. The report is currently sorted in a specific order. Thanks for help! You can do this with code in the report's events. 1. Declare a variable in the General Declarations section of the report's module (at the top, with the option statements.) 2. In the Print event procedure of the (Detail?) section, store the current record's value to the variable. 3....

Problem with record storage and a button in an endless form
Hi, maybe someone can give me a hint. i m entering data directly in an endless form. In the header i have a print button. When i enter the last record and go directly to the button to press it, the last record isnt't in the database. (record still in edit mode) I tried to set a new focus on the button first, but that doesnt't help. Also a docmd.goto newrec doesn't work proberly. Any ideas? regard akko In the Click event of the button, put code along the lines of: If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False End If That will check whether the current record has been edited but n...

Automatic resizing of a Children in a form view
Hi all.. I have an MDI application with a CFormView as the main view. Depending on an option chosen by the user, on that Form View a CListCtrl or a child CDialog appear as child of the CFormView. Is there a way to resize the children to the size of the CFormView automatically without implementing OnSize event of CFormView and resizing the child dialog or list control by hand? Thanks in advance Jaime ...

Tracking presentation views
Is there a way to track the number of views a ppt file is getting. This doc is for internal use and I would like to track more than just the page the file is linked from. Ideally I want to know how many views and how long they viewed it. I am using 2010 if that matters and the file is sitting on a file share cause it is 2G (lots of video) "MSOfficefan" wrote: > Is there a way to track the number of views a ppt file is getting. This doc > is for internal use and I would like to track more than just the page the > file is linked from. Ideally I want to kno...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

Combobox values as query releted to current record
Is it possible to populate a combobox (just to show related data, not for selection) on a subform. And in such a way that in datasheet view the combobox when clicked show the data for the relevant record of the subform. The subform is related to the mainform of course. Just a mindgame, suppose I have a mainform which displays persons who own farms. On the subform all the farms are listed in datasheetview with some related info. Now I would like to add a combobox which when pressed displays the animal groups (dogs, cats, pigs, cows etc.) which are living on that particular farm, so when you go...