Wanted Free free Template to create a Knowledgebase

I have to create a knowledge base for the proprietary software products that
my employer produces.  I haven't used Access for many years but I think that
Access may be the best tool as all machines have Access 2003 installed.
As my Access skills are very rusty and this is needed quickly I think that
to start with a template or sample database would be the best way to go.  I
haven't had much luck on the Microsoft Office webpage so I would like to ask
if anyone knows where I can find one.
Thank you.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You might want to consider a "Wiki" tool instead of Access. They work like
Wikipedia which happens to have a page on wiki's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"M" wrote:

> I have to create a knowledge base for the proprietary software products that
> my employer produces.  I haven't used Access for many years but I think that
> Access may be the best tool as all machines have Access 2003 installed.
> As my Access skills are very rusty and this is needed quickly I think that
> to start with a template or sample database would be the best way to go.  I
> haven't had much luck on the Microsoft Office webpage so I would like to ask
> if anyone knows where I can find one.
> Thank you.

Automation object in office template
I’m not sure which area to post this in. Anyway, I’m trying to use an Access 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft’s site, but in 2003. I downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on my computer. Right off the bat I get a “The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘IsTrusted’” message. I have no idea what this means and how can I fix it or get rid of it. Any ideas? Thank you! If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not b...

Templates
Where can I find a template for a personnel requisition form? Sounds like an HR type form. You may have to find something in Google/Bing and modify it to suit your needs if there's nothing in Microsft's template bank that you like. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Katarina M" <Katarina M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D1A081-B7C2-43B8-AE80-BD01C2D57D76@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a template for a personnel requisition form? Katarina M;1...

want questions

I want more!

Is there an Excel template to reconcile business bank statments?
I am looking for a template that will simplify the bank reconciliation process? Acct Rep wrote: > I am looking for a template that will simplify the bank reconciliation process? How do you mean "simplify"? You will still need to manually tick off the bank statements against the cashbook entries. If you're looking for an AUTOMATED bank rec, then you're looking at comparisons of lists, and that gets complicated if (say) the bank has entered a cheque number correctly but with the wrong amount or vice-versa. It DOES happen - I've seen it. Also that assumes you can d...

Text want wrap in text box

How to create multiselect fields in CRM.
Group, I've got some question about customization in Microsoft CRM. We have a need to create multivalued fields in CRM. Example: the account is dealership and we need to capture the list of makes and models it sells. Pick list does not work, because it can let you select only one value. Looks like we are going to have to create new entity, but schema does not let us do it. Please let me know how to do it? Thanks, Sergey Zelvenskiy Sr. Software Engineer Encore Development sergey.zelvenskiy@encoredev.com Sergey None of the controls in CRM support multiple picks. I would recommend you l...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

How do I create custom size labels (not Avery)?
I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Older versions of Publisher allowed one to create such labels, but I can't find a way in the latest Office version. rlawr <rlawr@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've been given Office Max labels that are 1 X 2.8125 with no > margins. They sit 3 across and 11 down for a total of 33 > labels/page. I've not found an Avery product that matches. Old...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Creating a work book
How do I go about creating a work book in XL from a template? I need to keep invoices & day books but dont want to re-do a different spread sheet each time, I guess there must be an automatic way to acheive this? Open a new workbook. Format and set it up the way you like, including number of sheets, formulas, Titles and all other stuff you want to see. When you get it as you like ready for data input File>Save As>File Type>ExcelTemplate(*.XLT) Nmae it whatever you wish. Like yourname To use this Template, hit File>New...Template>On my Computer. Select your Template ...

can you create a chart in excel with alphanumeric data?
any ideas please? we have data as follows: y1 y2 y3 y4 name1 1 2a 3 4b name2 2a 2 1d 3a which needs to go in a chart but the alphanumerics (4b etc) keep being left out...) help! Do the Alpha numerics equal a value? or are they a lable of a point? If they equal a value, then charting can be done. Is they are a lable, can they be represented by a value, if not you may have to make a drawing rather than a chart. Charts plot values. "Pugwyrm" wrote: > any ideas please? we have data as follows: > > y1 y2 y3 y4 > name1 1 2...

Log scale data in template
I'm trying to make a template that will allow the user to enter data on stocks and plot them on a log scale. When I start to enter data into the fields Excel gives me a warning " Negative or zero values can not be plotted correctly on log charts.... Then it gives me options to either enter positive values or change the scale. The thing is the data that is entered is positive. Is there a way to delay Excel judging the data until it is entered? Also how can it be plotted automatically? Thanks, RickF [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting and a copy w...

excel templates #5
Please can someone tell me where I can find a 32 person knockout tournament excel template ...

Free ebay cash ends soon
Ends 31st October. Join rpoints at www.rpoints.com/register and you get �5 straight away. Then if you join ebay via rpoints you will get a further FREE �6 until end of October. If you are already a member of ebay then sign with different details to get the deal. Plus with rpoints you get the cheapest prices for EVERYTHING on the net AND they give you cashback! ...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...

Creating Calculations after Autofilter On
Hi, I have autofiltered a Table. The Cells filtered for example in Column C - C2, C3, C5, C8, C10, C12, C14, C20, C21.... I want to do some calculations on the filtered cells automatically e,g. In the above example How may I calculate the difference of values of successive cells i.e C3-C2, C5-C3, C8-C5, C10-C8, C12-C10 etc SUBTOTAL(9, C3,C2) only sums the cells. SUBTOTAL(9, C3,-C2) does not work I attempted using SUBTOTAL(9, C3-C2) but this does not work Hi I'm not sure what you're trying to do but just use =C3-C2 and the same for the rest. Hidden rows are not affected by...

creating an address data base
I run a small Business and i currently invoice using an exce spreadsheet. I would like to create an address data base to use with m spreadsheet, this way i can select the invoicee and their details wit out retyping all the information. regards ton -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 What is your question? On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:47:21 -0500, adspreadborough <ad...

FREE LOVE CALCULATOR on Mobile :)
Here is lots of cool Mobile applications for you for free download. http://www.migital.com/free-apps/index.aspx Love Calculator Read updated NEWS Get Daily Jokes Love & Astro Predictions Thought of the Day Smart Yoga just Click on the link below or copy past URL and download now for free :- http://www.migital.com/free-apps/index.aspx ...

When repeating city want zipcode to populate
Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other cells? Thanks. See help on VLOOKUP function. Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw - esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a >zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other >...

Exch2k Replica Free/Busy to Retire Exch2k
Hello I am in the process of retiring my Exchange2000 server and migrating to Exchange 2003. Everything is pretty smooth so far (except for problem below I have followed the steps in this article (thanks to Rich Matheisen!) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=30791 Everything in the article seemed to go smoothly, except #3 Rehome the Schedule+ Free Busy folder I have completed the steps described, and on the Status Tab, I can see both the old and new servers listed as replicas, but on the 'Replication' Tab it never Shows either server nor the 'In Sync' value as all the other fo...