Want to see only specific number of records on a form

Hi I have a form with default view as "Continuous Forms". When I openthis form I only want to see the records equal to Recordcount i.e. ifI have 3 records I should only see three records. I dont want to seean extra one record which is blank.
0
Rex
3/29/2007 5:18:37 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The easy way is simply to set the allow additions to "no".(you will still be able to add records via a code, or perhaps a "add" button you provide.Or, perhaps you don't even need add record ability...Anyway...give the above a try..it will remove that extra "new record" entry....-- Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)Edmonton, Alberta CanadapleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
0
Albert

filtering contents of listbox when form opens
I have a form with a listbox. The form is opened by a call from another form. I would like to filter the contents of the list box with either openargs (or something similar). I know how to pass the value with openargs but not sure how to apply the value to filter listbox contents. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks BRC Assign the openargs value to a variable, then use the variable in a sql string to make it the listbox's rowsource. For example, (pseudo code) mystr= me.openargs strsql="Select yourfields from table where field =mystr" me.listbox.rowsource= strsql ...

running system batch files or specific software
Hello there. for maintenance i need to run from sql server some actions on file system like: Zip backup files, delete old backup files, running copy to some ftp ect... FOr this i need for specific user to grant using xp_cmdshell. Is there a way do run these actions on system without permittion xp_cmdshell? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > for maintenance i need to run from sql server some actions on file system > like: Zip backup files, delete old backup files, running copy to some ftp > ect... > > FOr this i need for specific user to grant...

Counts number of entries per day in query
using access 2007, i have a query that shows Event Type State Date/Time* DayCount ALARM ACT/UNACK 01/01/2010 00:13:38 1 ALARM ACT/UNACK 01/01/2010 00:13:49 1 ALARM ACT/UNACK 01/01/2010 00:17:21 1 ALARM ACT/UNACK 02/01/2010 00:13:38 1 ALARM ACT/UNACK 02/01/2010 00:13:28 1 ALARM ACT/UNACK 03/01/2010 00:13:38 1 my SQL is SELECT [Alarm Data Filtered by Date].[Event Type], [Alarm Data Filtered by Date].St...

publisher 2003-can't see inserted pictures. Ok with word
I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see pictures in word or powerpoint. Any suggestions? -- Ellen View, Pictures, Detailed display... If that doesn't work read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ellen" <rico*yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF546A8E-1A34-4752-A4BC-D5BB7940496D@microsoft.com... >I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see > pictures in word...

want questions

trying to open two forms on maximized other usually max. but small
below is the code i have tied to the on click event of a command button both forms normally open in Max. mode - when open individually But for when I click on this command button would like the second form that is listed(doesn't even seem to be opening with below) would like it to open up in bottom of screen and the bottm part of the form to be displayed ON the Maximized view of the 1st listed form tried MoveSize and getting errors - tried looking it up on vb help and keeps taking me to macros Private Sub Command3_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command3_Click Dim stDo...

I want more!

sort order flag hard to see
Retail Management System - Store Operations This is a fairly minor, picky suggestion. However, it can be annoying. The sort flag (the tiny triangle) used to indicate which column the lookup is sorting by is too hard to see. It is just a shade darker gray than the header where it is located. Could the symbol be set in a different or more contrasting color? My client has a number of employees who have a hard time seeing the flag. Some of them are not the most computer literate people and they need all the help they can get. Thanks, Claude ---------------- This post is a suggesti...

Glenn can you see if you can help me.
Hi Glen I have been working with Crystal Reports. I have match the RegAnaly.rpt to the Z-Reading in RMS 1.2 and works Great. I have linked Crystal to Excel and I import all my RegAnaly.rpt Total to it and the balance all my registers and print my bank deposit slips all from Excel. I have been trying to Get the TimeCard Report to print a Bi-Weekly. It not guite working like I would like it to work. If I send you what I got could you take a look and see where I maybe going wrong. I really would appreciate. Thanks Ralph Sorry, Crystal isn't really my thing. There is a time car...

Need query of all records based on month
How can i create a parameter query in the query grid to ask for all records based on the month. example: i want all records for May 2007. any ideas? In article <21EC5C38-AB39-4AA1-88D8-7C9627A947FE@microsoft.com>, jackle@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How can i create a parameter query in the query grid to ask for all records > based on the month. example: i want all records for May 2007. any ideas? > say you have a date column in your table Field: DatePart("m",[Orders].[OrderDate]) Criteria: DatePart("m",[Enter date:]) In article <21EC5C38-AB3...

Text want wrap in text box

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Calculate average based on specific time or date
I have data of travel time between 2 locations each day. There are columns such as date, start time and end time in multiple columns. How can I find the average of travel time on Monday, Tuesday, Wed etc and the average of travel time if start time is between 7:00 to 7:30, etc..? Thanks for the help, cpliu, I have come up with a suggestion. Basically, I took your "average" two ways. One way would be to look at the Total Average for all days over time, and the second would be to look at the individual days themselves. Basically, the start and stop time can be Differenced ou...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

PM check numbering
Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run, is there a reason why a check number might be skipped? Thanks, M. M, When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available check number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed a check. Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will u...

I can't see formatting on my screen for font colors or highlighti.
Why can't I see formatting on my screen for font colors and filling cells with color? Try this OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displaye�d http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320531 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kam347" <kam347@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:492EDFB8-6199-49E5-9996-F9DE60CE9243@microsoft.com... > Why can't I see formatting on my screen for font colors and filling cells > with color? ...

two page numbers per "page."
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size. <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. Hi, it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely tedious, as you woul...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

In excel 2003, the negative numbers not appearing with brackets
In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with brackets, where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed, how to fix? Check your cell formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Anwar" <Anwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3996C210-5B86-4DCF-AB6A-69332542D575@microsoft.com... > In my PC's excel 2003, the negative numbers are not appearing with > brackets, > where as its appearing in other PCs. I think something has been disturbed, > how to fix? If you just want that fo...

How do I see top items
I can get a pivot to show me the top 5 items. I also need it to show me a subtotal of all the remaining items. example: Top item 1 = 100 Top item 2 = 90 Top item 3 = 80 Top item 4 = 75 Top item 5 = 70 all others = 85 Grand Toal = 500 Any ideas? ...

Modified Forms not working on Terminal Services
I have a modifed form that works perfectly on a Windows Client like Windows XP or Windows 2000. However, when running the modified from under Windows Terminal Services, the Dot appears before the window name, but the field I modified is not working. e.g. I made the Terms field non-editable and non-lookupable on the "Sales Customer Detail Entry Screen". Thanks in advance for your assistance. Jim Hi Sounds like you have a VBA permission issue. Make sure you have installed VBA from Adprod. Check the follow registry permissions (backup you registry first!!) Registry Perm...

How to disable "Object Model Guard" in Outlook for 1 specific program.
Is there any setting that can be selected/changed, either thru EXCAHANGE server or in outlook itself to disable the "Object Model Guard" security feature for 1 specific program. We are running Outlook 2002 with XP. I am using Timberline - Project Manager software indivdually on 13 PC's and a huge feature we are using is through Outlook to document communication by emailing. Each Proj. Mgr has anywhere from 20-40 contacts per project and they are running 2-4 projects each. The convience and efficancy of the Timberline software is being lost each time I have to select the "Y...

Exchange 5.5: Reply to all mails send to a specific domain
After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Manfred On 10 May 2005 01:25:58 -0700, "magriii" <magriii@gmail.com> wrote: >After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders >about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink >could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas >are greatly appreciated. > &...