Visible Question

Trying to make my list box visible if there is data in my text box, List box
set to No/Visible
If tbClient(Text Box) has data in it then lstClients.Visible = True

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
2/25/2010 5:29:02 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Trying to make my list box visible if there is data in my text box, List
> box set to No/Visible
> If tbClient(Text Box) has data in it then lstClients.Visible = True
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

0
sandro
2/25/2010 5:40:05 PM
"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Trying to make my list box visible if there is data in my text box, List
> box set to No/Visible
> If tbClient(Text Box) has data in it then lstClients.Visible = True
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob

What have you tried?

"tbClient(Text Box) has data in it" is equivalent to "Len(Me.tbClient &
vbNullString) > 0".  A concise way of expressing what you want is:

    Me.lstClients.Visible = (Len(Me.tbClient & vbNullString) > 0)

You are probablygoing to have to execute that statement in the form's
Current event and in the AfterUpdate event of tbClient.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Repeat of unanswered VPC 7 Question
Thank you, Mickey, for your response on transferring my Office Professional to a new computer (6/28/04). I am unsure, by your answer, what the procedure is for the transfer of the included VPC 7 portion of the Professional Suite. Could you kindly address this question? ...

Visible by code
I have a form called sfrm_status_of_lif_notes. In this form there is a text box called status. This text box is bound to a previous form. In the Detail of the form I have a text box called approved_dt. I have the visibility set to No. I would like approved_dt only to be visible if the status is "Approved" I tried this in the On Open event of the form: Dim blnVisible As Boolean blnVisible = (Me.status = Approved) Me.approved_dt.Visible = blnVisible It did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/...

Date of birth question
I receive a table from the main office and it has a Date of Birth field that is formated text and as yyyy/mm/dd. How do I make a query field as a real date and time format as mm/dd/yyyy and filter for all ages less than 25 years old? I have this for a criteria but I don't have a real date format for the DOB field. <=DateAdd("yyyy",-25,Date()) On Nov 6, 1:56 pm, Lillian <libertysmit...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I receive a table from the main office and it has a Date of Birth field that > is formated text and as yyyy/mm/dd. How do I make a query field as a real > ...

Basic Acct Question Checks and Witholdings
Hello all. Ok basic accounting 101 probably. What destination would a check and witholdings be applied against in Great Plains? Would that be accounts payable as a payables transaction? We have quarterly check runs that happen outside of great plains and an outside vendor cuts checks. We want to start logging these checks and witholdings possibly on those checks in GP so we can 1099 report at the end of the year. I am just trying to figure out where to start. I will want to use Integration Manager to handle this once I get all the fields together such as Customer ID, Check Numbe...

Excel Automation problem
hello, I have a problem in my MFC class library (VS2003) w.r.t excel automation. I open an excel file to grab some data and close it. When the user clicks the button to open another excel file, the file that I previously used is show in an excel window that opens... (i NEVER want excel to be visible) My interface to the excel automation is implimented through a singleton object. I think that the focus of excel (even though the visible property is FALSE) is being propagated to the top when focus is lost on my app (focus going to the open dialog). Trying to set breakpoints i can se...

Install question
Hello, can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same machine ? Thank you Gilles On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Gilles Koffmann <gilles.koffmann@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services >with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same >machine ? > >Thank you >Gilles Hi Giles You should be able to do this, have you tried and failed? John ...

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

pre-implimentation questions
I'm doing some design work prior to an in-house roll out of CRM 3 and thought it wise to post a couple of general questions. I'm trying to get a better feel for the recommended methods of handling the following scenarios. We will have several different types of contacts (e.g. "Staff" , "Supplier", "Neighbour" etc). A contact can be any combination of these types, i.e. they can be both a supplier and a staff member. If a contact is a staff member, then most users will only get to see a minimal set of data, even if the contact is also a supplier. The ...

Office Home & Student 2007 Activation Question
Please help with information. I have Office Home & Student 2007. I know I can activate it on 3 machines. But... On MY computer, I am currently using it. On my Laptop I have installed it. I have installed it on my wife's Desktop computer. That is 3, right? But... I need to install (only temporarily) on a NEW computer for me. That would make 4 installations and Microsoft won't allow that. Can someone supply with a phone number that I can appeal & explain a temp situation to MS? Or what does anyone suggest I do? I just want to remove & replace some...

Sender filtering questioning
1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives Filtered Messages" is enabled? Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1 person in the list has send email. 2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email, this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad emails? thanks, Chris DEL *.* Schedule a job to do it. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

only visible if...
Hi All, I'm self-teaching on Access as I develop a client tracking database for my facility. I'm probably going to say this wrong, but here goes. I have a report where I only want to have a particular field (control?) visible if the data in the field it is boud to says a specific thing. The control is in the Detail section of the report, and it's called Discharge Reason" It refers to a field with the same name in the query the report is bound to. There are 8 possible entries for this field, plus "Contract Change" That's the only one I want to see in my repo...

New here -- weird question
Hello all. I'm new here. I have a weird question. Is there any way to import into Outlook 97 my settings, mails, address book, etc., from Outlook Express 6? I'm on a WinXP system. Thanks! Unlikely. Versions are too disparate. Did you try the Import Wizard's option to import from the concurrent versions of OE? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message news:11ajt6a9acu7k2a@corp.supernews.com... > Hello all. I'm new here. I have a weird question. > > Is there any way to import into Outlook 97...

Follow up question on hiding web service functions

>> Visible and not visible
Hi, using Access 2003. I have 2 groups of controls on a form. Based upon user selection either one or both groups of controls may be visible. Layout options are 1. one group next to the other group. Visually it looks strange if only the right side group are visible (ok when only left side group visible). 2. one group below the other group. Visually it looks strange if only one group are visible (ok when both groups visible). Is there a way to close the gap when only one group of controls are visible? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Johathan, you can wri...

Text in cell is not visible! 8(
My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if the text length is bigger than the cell length then all I see are a bunch of "##################" characters in the cell. Can't Excel just show the text that fits in the cell and possibly clip off the text that extends beyond the cell??? How can I do this? thank u! Try changing the format to General. Excel has trouble strings between 256 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as Text. Robert Crandal wrote: > > My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if > the text ...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Printer fonts not visible
Hi I did a report a while ago set to Epson LQ-1050 and using the hardware fonts to speed up printing. Recently I had to make some changes to report but the problem is that the hardware printer fonts do not display in the fonts drop down in report designer even though I select the Epson LQ-1050 printer. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Select Node Questions
Hello, Let's say I have the following XML... <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <DataItem xmlns="http://abc.com/xmlA"> <Status>ABC</Status> <ReturnList xmlns="http://abc.com/xmlBB"> <ListA> <ListItem> <ItemType code="F">Item F</ItemType> <Score>123</Score> </ListItem> <ListItem> <ItemType code="G">Item G</ItemType> <Score>456</Score> </ListItem> <ListItem> ...

.visible = not .visible
I'm getting the following error: "The expression On Timer you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occured while MSA was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control. The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro." The event procedure is as follows: Private Sub Form_Timer() lblRememberInfo.Visible = Not lblRememberInfo.Visible End Sub And the Timer Interval is set to 500. I have the sa...

Smart List Favorite add Visible to Organizational Levels
It would be nice if when saving a smart list you could save it to a specific organizational entity. Right now you can pick: System, Company, User Class, User ID. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/New...

How do I disable "Plot visible cells only" when it is greyed out?
I'm creating a chart from a pivot table that has some "zero" values. The chart will not plot the values that have a zero "y value" along the x-axis and I need to see these. I assume I need to disable "Plot visible cells only." If I Select chart then Tools > Options > Chart, the "Plot visible cells only" field is grayed out. How can I get this field so I can change it? Click on the graph first then go to tools, Options, Charts "L. Klein" wrote: > I'm creating a chart from a pivot table that has some "zero"...

custom method not visible...
Hi, I am adding a custom method to active X MFC control using MSVC ++ .net However, in Active X test container , the method is not visible... suggest thanks,, a.a.cpp ...

Another question re cell referencing.
This is somewhat of a follow on from my post yesterday about changing many references at a time. Using a name variable in my formulae and changing the range set for the name is useful, but I now need to change a whole load of references in existing formulae. I have a workbook with many sheets that have I've collated together. The problem is each sheet contains a referenced array that it is common to all sheets. This array is pretty big, and has some pretty complex formulae in it. However, because it appears on every sheet, my file is getting pretty big, and I need to cut it down. ...

Excel 2003 Chart Labels Not Visible
Helpful people, I have some charts with 15 data points. Most are very small percent values, say between 1% and 2%. But a few are at 100%. So my chart scale goes from MIN=1% to MAX = 2%. The bars for the 100% guys stretch all the way to the top. My data label positioning (Format>Labels) is "Outside end alligned". In Version 2000 *all* labels show. In Version 2003 the 100% labels have disappeared. This is my problem. I can make them reappear by selecting *all* the labels and changing the label positioning (say, to "bottom"). Then, I could move them all back to the top p...

Question and Answer tables
I'm trying to create a set of question and answer tables, similar to the tables in Duane Hookom's "At Your Survey" sample application. In his answer table, the field for the response value is type Text. My question: What do you do about response values of other types, such as Numeric, Boolean, Multiple Choice, Option Groups, etc.? It is typically the case that not all questions in a list will be answered with text. Thanks, OldBlindPew I may be remembering an earlier version, but I thought Duane's At Your Survey allowed for more than one answer "type&...