Visible Function In Access

Can I alter the visible function for a field so that it corresponds to
my computers date i.e. today is 04/04/07 and the text box on the form
is visible when computer clock changes to 05/04/07 text box property
visible is set to true?

Thanks

0
Asif
4/4/2007 2:45:54 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm not sure to completly understand your question/use but yes you can
control a fileds visibiliy.

The basic synthax would be

Me.ControlName.Visible = TrueOrFalse

So you could easily create a date check and then change the visible property
accordingly.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel P

On Apr 4, 10:45 am, "Asif" <asifhashm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can I alter the visible function for a field so that it corresponds to
> my computers date i.e. today is 04/04/07 and the text box on the form
> is visible when computer clock changes to 05/04/07 text box property
> visible is set to true?
>
> Thanks

You can, but it would have to be done in a form event like FormOpen.
Assuming it is hidden by default...

If Date >= "#05/04/07#" Then Me!ControlName.Visible = True

0
storrboy

Can Access be used to do group distribution (best fit)?
-- Greg Ledenbach ...

Accessing Exchange 2000 from workgroup
We hawe few workstations on network, but we use workgroup instead of Windows domain. What I need to know is if it is possible to use Exchange 2000 for sharing contacts and calendar, or users and computers have to be members of Windows domain? Would just defining users in Active Directory allow access? Thanks. Regards, Dulijano Sprcic In order to even install Exchange you have to have domain. But you can use Exchange services from machines which are not port of domain. Just create users in AD and make sure passwords match (if you wish). Djulijano Sprcic wrote: > We hawe few workstation...

Accessing Menu in CMDIChildWnd
I have an MDI-based application that displays a primary menu on the CMDIFrameWnd object and a different menu when a child document is loaded (within a CMDIChildWnd object). We're shifting our architecture to be plug-in based and I need to extend both of the app's menus. I was able to access and extend the menu on the CMDIFrameWnd simply be using the GetMenu() method of the CMDIFrameWnd object. However, I cannot 'find' the menu object used by the CMDIChildWnd. The CMDIChildWnd::GetMenu() method returns a value, but it does not appear to be a valid menu object (ASSERTS...

Visible by code
I have a form called sfrm_status_of_lif_notes. In this form there is a text box called status. This text box is bound to a previous form. In the Detail of the form I have a text box called approved_dt. I have the visibility set to No. I would like approved_dt only to be visible if the status is "Approved" I tried this in the On Open event of the form: Dim blnVisible As Boolean blnVisible = (Me.status = Approved) Me.approved_dt.Visible = blnVisible It did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/...

AND function
Hi people I'm troubled with the AND function. This is what I have: A1 reads AWAY A2 reads EESL In A3 I would like the number 1 to be shown if AWAY and EESL ar present. If not, an 0. I've tried every which way to work this out o my own, but with no success. Any suggestions? Nei -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following in A3 =IF(AND(A1="AWAY",A2="EESL"),1,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi people > > I'm troubled with the AND function. This is what I have: > > A1 reads AWAY > A2 reads EESL &g...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

Outlook Web Access for Exch 2003
I have 4 notebook computers that are signed out by users when they are going to be away from the office for a few days. They are older/slower computers running windows 98 SE. Since our upgrade to Exchange 2003, I have not been able to figure out how to get into OWAusing these notbooks. When accessing OWA from a computer running XP, we log in with username@domain. When accessing OWA with a computer running Windows 2000, we log in by specifiying the domain in the DOMAIN field. Windows 98 brings up the same dialog box as Windows 2000, however it does not work. The first question i...

Excel Automation problem
hello, I have a problem in my MFC class library (VS2003) w.r.t excel automation. I open an excel file to grab some data and close it. When the user clicks the button to open another excel file, the file that I previously used is show in an excel window that opens... (i NEVER want excel to be visible) My interface to the excel automation is implimented through a singleton object. I think that the focus of excel (even though the visible property is FALSE) is being propagated to the top when focus is lost on my app (focus going to the open dialog). Trying to set breakpoints i can se...

only visible if...
Hi All, I'm self-teaching on Access as I develop a client tracking database for my facility. I'm probably going to say this wrong, but here goes. I have a report where I only want to have a particular field (control?) visible if the data in the field it is boud to says a specific thing. The control is in the Detail section of the report, and it's called Discharge Reason" It refers to a field with the same name in the query the report is bound to. There are 8 possible entries for this field, plus "Contract Change" That's the only one I want to see in my repo...

What happened to the What's This function?
Pressing Shift F1 in previous versions of Office products would start the "What's This?" feature. What happened to it? Gone. :( ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3C48B8-EDDF-4BB1-B0DB-FF8DF6FB2460@microsoft.com... > Pressing Shift F1 in previous versions of Office products would start the > "What's This?" feature. What happened to it? ...

copy function in excel
When working on an existing worksheet, I have run into a situation sometimes whereby the cell turns blue and I am unable to copy. I don't understand what is going on and what I need to change to allow me to copy. I am currently using Excell 2007 version. ...

After using MAPI function in Outlook 2003, Can No Longer Retrieve Mail using Outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with the Outlook Connector 12.0.6407.1000 to retrieve my Windows Live Hotmail mail. It has worked fine. However, I lost my ability to retrieve my WL Hotmail with Outlook ever since, about five days ago, I used Word 2007 and the MAPI function to try to send a document to someone. That MAPI-sent document got stuck in Outlook's outbox (I just found out). I have since removed it from Outlook's outbox. Since that time, I cannot retrieve mail from WL Hotmail using Outlook. I get this error message: ********* Errors : Time: 11/19/2008 10:45:38 PM Erro...

Looking for a specific Excel function/formula
Hello-I am looking for the function/formula that will give me th following data: Cell D4 has a numerical figure-it is a percent I want cell D6 to show the following: If Cell D4 is 30% or less, then D6 shows 0 If Cell D4 is >=31% but <=35%, D6 must show 15% (or .15) If Cell D4 is >=36% but <=41%, D6 must show 25% (or.25) If Cell D4 is =>42%, D6 shows 3% (or .30) Thank You Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Peter =IF(D4<=30%,0,IF(D4<=35%,15%,IF(D4<=41%,25%,30%))) Regards Trevor "petern >" <<petern.15hpf1@excelforum-nospam.co...

Can I change the Insert Function button to an equals sign?
In previous versions of Excel the formula bar used to have an equals sign button which was useful when editing formula. In Excel 2002 this has been replaced by the Insert Function icon. Is there any way of getting the equals sign back? Right-click on an empty part of a toolbar. Then select Customize from the menu. In the Customize dialog box, select the Commands tab. In the left box, select Insert. In the right box, scroll down until you find the equal sign command. Drag it to a toolbar. On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:33:08 -0800, Jokeyjojo <Jokeyjojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

>> Visible and not visible
Hi, using Access 2003. I have 2 groups of controls on a form. Based upon user selection either one or both groups of controls may be visible. Layout options are 1. one group next to the other group. Visually it looks strange if only the right side group are visible (ok when only left side group visible). 2. one group below the other group. Visually it looks strange if only one group are visible (ok when both groups visible). Is there a way to close the gap when only one group of controls are visible? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Johathan, you can wri...

Follow up question on hiding web service functions

applyfilter to an unbound subform from a module function
hello, I have a main form called "Main2", within this form there is a unbound subform called"mainsubform" I have a treeview that calls functions in a module to change the sourceobject of the subform to different forms. what i would like to do is call a function that loads a form into the subform and applys a filter to the form. I would like the filter come from the function. Anyhelp would be appreciated. thanks in advance The filter needs to be a string. Example Dim strFilter As String Dim lngPKey As Long strFilter = "[PKey] = " &...

Menu language in Outlook Web Access`
I have a user who went to Korea, and checked her email there. Now no matter what computer she uses (and their IE defualt language is English) Her menus are in Korean. She doesn't read Korean. How can I change the settings back to english? Thanks, Leo Menus or folder names, or both? What version of Exchange server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Is there any function which gets called when the dialog receives the focus??
Hi all, I want a function which gets called when ever the dialog receives the focus. Is there any function like that available or else how can I call a user defined function which gets called when the dialog receives the focus. Thanks in Advance Use OnActivate(...) handler for the dialog. -- Vipin Aravind "aarya" <kk.simhadri@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138084577.419720.26300@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I want a function which gets called when ever the dialog > receives the focus. > Is there any function like that availabl...

Function in Table
I have a question, can you set up a table to automatically add or subtract two fields in that table. I have two currency values and I want the one to subtract the one value from the other if it is higher than the one and if it is not then I want it to add. Is there anyway that it can happen, please let me know. Thanks In a word: No. However you can do this in a query, form, or report as needed. That's usually the best way to handle this. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Anthony" wrote: > I ...

multi, nested functions...
Hi, I am working on a homework assignment and am experiencing challenges. This worked =IF(COUNTIF(D2:D7,D1),RANDBETWEEN(1,52),D1) but this is not =IF(COUNTIF(D1D3:D7,D2),RANDBETWEEN(1,52),D1) nor is this =IF(COUNTIF(D1,D3:D7,D2),RANDBETWEEN(1,52),D1) nor is this =IF(COUNTIF(D1/D3:D7,D2),RANDBETWEEN(1,52),D1) I am attempting to have it check for repeat numbers. I am generating 7 random numbers between 1-52. I want to check and make sure that none of them are repeating. If there is a repeat, I want to do a new randbetween. Does anyone know how to generate random numbers without r...

Able to DeleteDosDevice for a drive letter but can't flush FS cache without reead access on device.
Hello, Is there anyway to dismount (flush any information about) a drive letter when you don't have read or write access to the volume directly. Background: I was able to setup the device and assign a drive to it so only the limited user could access it via the drive letter. That worked great and no security issues with other users accessing/reading the raw device while data was available. However, dismounting is a problem. I can't use the LOCK/DISMOUNT FSCTL on the volume when opened with "0" permissions (I have to have GENERIC_READ which fails unless I ...

Text in cell is not visible! 8(
My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if the text length is bigger than the cell length then all I see are a bunch of "##################" characters in the cell. Can't Excel just show the text that fits in the cell and possibly clip off the text that extends beyond the cell??? How can I do this? thank u! Try changing the format to General. Excel has trouble strings between 256 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as Text. Robert Crandal wrote: > > My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if > the text ...

Update an Access 2003 DB by using Access 2000
Hi, Are there any possible problems using Access 2000 to update an Access 2003 application? I have been asked to make some simple changes to an Access 2003 application but I don't have 2003 on my machines. I could install 2003, but if I don't have to I want to hold off until I clean up the machines a bit. I have made a few changes to the app, and so far so good. I just want to make sure something doesn't break when the client gets the updated version. Any comments would be appreciated. You should be fine. Potential pitfalls: 1. If the mdb uses the A2002/03 file format, y...

Error while calling the function HrESERestoreAddDatabase
Hello All, I am writing an application to backup and restore M.S. Exchange server programatically. I am using the Exchange Backup and Restore API and am developing the application in VC++ 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Editioon. I am able to do the backup successfully but I am getting error in the function "HrESERestoreAddDatabase" during the resore. I am trying to call the function HrESERestoreAddDatabase as follows: typedef HRESULT (ESEBACK_API *HrESERestoreAddDatabase) (IN HCCX hccxRestoreContext,IN WCHAR * wszDatabaseDisplayName,IN GUID guidDatabase,IN WCHAR * w...