Virtual PC Additions Additions

Hey there people of wonderland.
I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3.
When selecting "Action" | "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically start..." then again, nothing happens.
Can anyone please help?
Many thanks,
Jo
0
Johann (1)
2/3/2010 12:42:32 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Johann wrote:

> Hey there people of wonderland.
> I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC
> 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux
> Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" |
> "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps
> stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically
> start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many
> thanks, Jo
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access

VirtualPC is next to useless, especially for Windows 7.  Download the free
VirtualBox from Sun instead.

It took me forever to get Windows 7 to run at all in VirtualPC and then it
was really slow even with allocating well over a gig of Ram to it.  In
VirtualBox it runs as well as the host system.

0
Rick
2/3/2010 12:50:44 PM
Hi Rick,

I have been using Virtual PC for running different versions of Access, but
find it slow. Partly due to only providing network support for 100mbps.
Does VirtualBox support 1gbps?

--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Johann wrote:
>
>> Hey there people of wonderland.
>> I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC
>> 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux
>> Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" |
>> "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps
>> stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically
>> start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many
>> thanks, Jo
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access
>
> VirtualPC is next to useless, especially for Windows 7.  Download the free
> VirtualBox from Sun instead.
>
> It took me forever to get Windows 7 to run at all in VirtualPC and then it
> was really slow even with allocating well over a gig of Ram to it.  In
> VirtualBox it runs as well as the host system.

0
AG
2/3/2010 2:02:22 PM
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 06:50:44 -0600, Rick Brandt
<rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Rick,
How does VirtualBox compare with VMWare?
They have a free download at https://www.vmware.com/products/player/

I wish we had a decent benchmark test we could run in each one of
them.

-Tom.

>Johann wrote:
>
>> Hey there people of wonderland.
>> I've been trying to install the Virtual PC Additions after installing VPC
>> 6.0.156.0 2007 and setting up two Virtual PCs with Windows 7 and Linux
>> Feroda Core, Host being XP Pro 2002 SP3. When selecting "Action" |
>> "Install/Update ..." nothing happens. then following the manual steps
>> stated in the summary of "If the installation does not automatically
>> start..." then again, nothing happens. Can anyone please help? Many
>> thanks, Jo
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access
>
>VirtualPC is next to useless, especially for Windows 7.  Download the free
>VirtualBox from Sun instead.
>
>It took me forever to get Windows 7 to run at all in VirtualPC and then it
>was really slow even with allocating well over a gig of Ram to it.  In
>VirtualBox it runs as well as the host system.
0
Tom
2/3/2010 8:22:53 PM
Tom van Stiphout wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 06:50:44 -0600, Rick Brandt
> <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rick,
> How does VirtualBox compare with VMWare?
> They have a free download at https://www.vmware.com/products/player/
>
> I wish we had a decent benchmark test we could run in each one of

I haven't used VMWare for several years, but in the Linux forums I
consistently see posts indicating that they are similar with regards to
performance.

Those who choose one over the other usually do so for other reasons.  I seem
to remember that one does USB better than the other for example (or maybe
wireless stuff).
0
Rick
2/3/2010 11:38:49 PM
Hi Rick and Tom,

> Those who choose one over the other usually do so for other reasons.  I seem
> to remember that one does USB better than the other for example (or maybe
> wireless stuff).

I use VMWare Workstation, version 7, and I can tell you that I have no
trouble at all with seeing a USB thumb drive, or with wireless internet
connections. I've never used VirtualBox. I went with VMWare after finally
giving up on the worthless PITA Virtual PC. Another reason, for me, to choose
VMWare is that it is the standard virtualization software used at my place of
work.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

Tom van Stiphout wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 06:50:44 -0600, Rick Brandt
> <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rick,
> How does VirtualBox compare with VMWare?
> They have a free download at https://www.vmware.com/products/player/
>
> I wish we had a decent benchmark test we could run in each one of
> them.
>
> -Tom.

VMWare player is IMHO vastly superior to VirtualBox. It sets up easier, devices
attach easier, flipping out to the host is easier.

Mike
0
MikeR
2/4/2010 12:16:05 PM
MikeR wrote:

> VMWare player is IMHO vastly superior to VirtualBox. It sets up easier,
> devices attach easier, flipping out to the host is easier.

"flipping out to the host"?

I move my mouse outside the window and I'm in the host.  What can be simpler
than that?  Or does that not mean what I think it does?
0
Rick

Move the Microsoft CRM V1.2 to other pc in the same domain
Hi, I wnt to know if its possible to move the Microsoft CRM v1.2 to another to another pc in the same domain. I know that this is possible with the redeployment, however, its not possible to use the same users in the redeployment wizard. I have 2 pc's, one with the CRM application, and another with the CRM bds. To move the bds i know that is possible if i backup the ds and restore in a new pc, only i have to do is in the crm deployment manager put the new location of the bds. I want to know if its possible to do more or less the same with the crm, or if it exists a tool to do tha...

virtual destructor
Hello, I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and Class B destructor's. I received the same results regardless if Class B was declared virtual or not. Class B's destructor was invoked first then Class A's destructor. Are these results correct? If so, what's the purpose of declaring Class B's destructor virtual? TIA, -jacques Jacques Cooper wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived > from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and &...

Excel PC to Excel Mac
How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the same when opened in Excel on a MAC? -- Keith Dore KDore@AIC wrote: > How can I ensure that the format used in a PC created worksheet remains the > same when opened in Excel on a MAC? When you save the spreadsheet on a MAC, make sure you have the extensions turned on (*.xls). This way, when you open the file in Windows, Excel will be able to read the file because it looks for the extension. The *file* formats for MacXL 98, 01, v.X and 04 are absolutely identical to WinXL 97, 00, 02, and 03. For *display*...

Virtualization
Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual environment and what your opinion is on doing so? On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote: > Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual > environment and what your opinion is on doing so? Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine. Everything else was OK. You can check out this link for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b...

My Word Document is formated wrong on a PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I went for a job interview the other day and when I looked at the Resume they had printed out the formatting was off. The spacing between the sentences were ok but the type that should of been on the second was half way down the second page. I took my original PC word doc. and opened it up and the Mac and it's the same way only it backwards most the type that should of been on the second page most of it was on the first page. I even made the PC word doc a .rtf file but it's still wrong and I can't se...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

An additional problem under Windows Mail
I'm now having an additional problem under Windows Mail on my 32-bit desktop. None of the Local Folders except the Inbox are still reachable through Windows Mail. I've verified that the subdirectories corresponding to those folders still exist, though. An estimated 800,000 posts should be in the storage folders, though. Robert Miles Your antivirus is likely causing these troubles. You can try repairing = the database (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and you can look in Explorer to = see if the files are under the folder directories, and if so, you can = drag the message...

SW RAID-1 On Storage Virtual MiniPort
Hi, I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver, I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command, then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished by Storage Virtual MiniPort driver? If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from Microsoft? Regards, Perer, Hi all, I need the suggestion urgently, please give me a help, thanks. Regrads, Peter, "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> �b�l�� news:u8N5usgtKHA.3360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g... > Hi,...

Pocket PC Money & favourite reports
Are favourite reports in Money 2004 synchronised to pocket PC Money? Do all versions of Money 2004 (standard, Deluxe, small business etc. handle GST (VAT) Thanks John There are no reports on the Money for Pocket PC software. I *think* all versions support VAT, but am not 100% sure -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK speci...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

Virtual PC attributes for Mac running intel.
I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs using activeX. With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs or take advantage of other features. Is there a product or a feature that will allow me to emulate a PC? I am using Office 2004 Student Teacher edition. Thanks in advance for your help. Dan In article <1181949056.659823.159420@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "Dan@roseconsulting.biz" <Dan@roseconsulting.biz> wrote: > I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs > using activeX. With my macbook runnin...

Considering Virtualization
Hello Newgroup, We need to upgrade our 4 year old SBS box. I am totally new to virtualization and wondering if these circumstances warrant making the jump. We've got approx 30 users, and approx 75 mailboxes. We don't run anything extra. We're nonprofit, which means that MS licensing costs are negligable, but it also means that our IT budget is tiny - I'm here approx 10 hours a week for general support, higher level needs get outsourced. I had been considering the following path: > Get a new server, without a tape drive (old server's tape drive recen...

Question about Virtual SMTP Server Logging.
I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any? Thanks Tony MCSE The performance issue would likely be negligible. However, the SMTP logs will be kept indefinitely - you'll want to delete them once in a while. -Josh "Tony" wrote: > I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these > logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any? > > Thanks > Tony > MCSE ...

Money 2003 and Pocket PC 2003 #3
I cannot get money 2003 pocket pc on my pocket pc with PPC2003. Nor can I get Money for PPC 2004 to work with Money 2003. Any suggestions? Thank you Trekker1 ...

virtual listview
how can i create a virtual listview to use with large data from database do i need to create 1st the listclòtrl in the dialog or i have to create evry thing in other mode http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample98/html/vcsmpvlistvw.asp?frame=true -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:C708C64B-D503-4562-B0CF-1A162B5230EC@microsoft.com... > how can i create a virtual listview to use with large data f...

VIRTUALIZATION
Has anybody implement a virtualization with RMS? -- Akim Nasir TRCEPOS ...

Additional mailboxes not displaying "Mailbox -" before the name
I have seen this with all different versions of Outlook. When you add an additional mailbox to be displayed, it does not always display as "Mailbox - Smith, John" Something it will just display as "Smith, John" Why is this? Mailboxes are both running off E2k or E2k3 and on the same exact server. I have seen it originally being displayed as "Mailbox - Smith, John" but then I recreate the profile and "Mailbox -" disappears. How do I get it back. Is this an application problem? Is there a registry hack to fix it? Thanks, Keith Anybody kno...

DMF 3.0 not working under Virtual PC or Virtual Server ?
Hi everyone, does somebody know if the DMF 3.0 won't work under Virtual PC or Virtual Server? I tried to import flatfiles (txt or csv) into MSCRM via DMF and it doesn't work at all. The CDF Staging DB has all the data from the flatfiles but the Migration doesn't work. No errors in logfile.. Maybe it's because of VPC? Any ideas? Greets from Germany, Romantischik I haven't tried it so I'm not sure, but it sounds unlikely to me that it wouldn't work on a VPC or Virtual Server. I know there are some language issues with DMF, but I'm no expert on that so ...

Collecting additional sale information in custom tables
Hi there I'm current developing an addon for RMS that requires extra information to be collected for certain items in a sale, namely, a job number and a cost. I have created my own TransactionEntry table, called myTransactionEntry, which links to the RMS TransactionEntry table using the ID field. I'm hooking the AddItem method to collect the extra info with my own form and storing the info in a Session variable until the PrintReceipt hook fires upon which I write the values into my Table. The Transaction.Entries(n).PostID gives me the key to link the tables. My problem is that...

Macro Only working on my PC
Hi, I am very new to Macro's and have no experience. I have created a VERY basic macro on a spreadsheet, where you click a button named "complete" and it automaticly turns the spreadsheet into a attachment on an email. It works perfectly fine on my PC, but it doesn't work for anyone else?? Can anyone help please? PS I am using excel 2007 How about posting the code so we can see what you are doing? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "J Wheatley" <J Wheatley@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Anyone doing SBS 2008 virtualization with Xenserver?
Hi folks, Getting ready to do SBS 2003 -> SBS 2008 swing migration where SBS 2008 will be virtualized. A friend who is currently using Xenserver for virtualization tells me it is really simple to use, and he likes it. He is doing Server 2008, not SBS. When I go to the Xenserver site, it doesn't list SBS 2008 as a supported OS, is anyone using it for SBS 2008, and did you have any trouble setting it up? Should I not consider it? I'm OK with using Hyper-V, but my friend really likes Xenserver, so I'm looking for advice. Thanks, Mike I would want both ...

CRM virtual
somwone know if there is virtual CRM in french? There isn't a localized Virtual PC demonstration. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "aidah" <aidah@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D8796BFD-A8F6-49CB-AE9B-D883BF82C446@microsoft.com... > somwone know if there is virtual CRM in french? ...

What is needed to kicksart the PC
An idea for PC manufacturers to kickstart the PC business. A PC with a native in ROM, mini-Linux based VM with the ability to snapshot the running VMs. Just imagine how easy it then becomes to backup an restore MS Windows. or Linux, or Solaris or BSD for that mater). Then load XP, Vista, Win 7, Solaris, Linux and a few BSDs... on boot, let the user choose. Have a nice web and secure shell interface, with a more trusted forewall... Would be good and worth a few hundred extra for the options. From: "Canuck57" <Canuck57@nospam.com> | An idea for PC manu...

Virtual pc not supported ( Could not post this under Virtual PC Product
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC When trying to open Virtual PC 6.1, The message Virtual PC does not support the CPU in this MAC. CPU Power PC G5 (3.0) please can anyone tell me if i can use this programme on my computer !!!! ???? In article <ee97f0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, ArtHoar@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) > Processor: Power PC > > When trying to open Virtual PC 6.1, > > The message Virtual PC does not support the CPU in this MAC. > > CPU Power PC G5 (3.0) > > please can ...

Publisher virtually stops my system
I seem to have a problem with Publisher. For the last few weeks if i try to work with a document my system will get very slow. it starts out fine, but then when i create a text box of image box the system will seem to freeze for a long time. this problem first started in Publisher, now it is beginning to do the same thing in Outlook, when i open an email (no images associated), and sometimes Word. it is as if all the system resources were being used, but when i check that it shows to be ok. I have run detect and repair on all these apps, and have all the latest updates and servic...