View / update data on a Continous form

Good Morning!
I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents.  I want the
operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table (only
about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be able
to update them to a new monthly goal.  I have not been able to get the data
to display let alone to be updated.  Can I do this?  This is the first time I
have tried to use Continous Forms.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The only reasons data doesn't display using default Access forms is:

1. There is no connected recordsource (open the property sheet and check the
recordsource property of the form)

2. You have a query which isn't updateable, and there is no data in that
recordsource.

Try starting over and using a wizard to help create the form.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Morning!
> I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents.  I want the
> operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table
> (only
> about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be
> able
> to update them to a new monthly goal.  I have not been able to get the
> data
> to display let alone to be updated.  Can I do this?  This is the first
> time I
> have tried to use Continous Forms.
> Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0
Arvin
3/17/2010 1:53:37 PM
Arvin,

Thank you a bunch!  That worked fine but I do not know what I did on my
building the form myself that did not work.  Oh, well!

Thanks,
Kent

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:03:02 -0700, Bunky <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Good Morning!
>I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents.  I want the
>operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table (only
>about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be able
>to update them to a new monthly goal.  I have not been able to get the data
>to display let alone to be updated.  Can I do this?  This is the first time I
>have tried to use Continous Forms.
>Thank you in advance for your assistance!

What specific problem are you having? What's the Recordsource property of the
form? How is your table structured? Is the goal a field in the table of
Agents? More info please!
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

password & 01 data
Hi, I bought an oem product on e-bay & can't get the free tech. support. Any assistance appreciated. I installed 04 & money asks for a password. Beats the heck out of me. No recollection of using password before in 01. Tried all kinds of e-mails, passport, .net, etc. No go. Need assistance. Also, once in 04 how do I access my 01 data. I downloaded 04 trial of the ms site. Never could open the 01 data. Thanks in advance, John. ...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...

Consoldating Data
I have a spreadsheet with 57 columns of data. I'd like to figure out a quick way to have all the data (text) into just one column. I don't want add or multiply anything... just want all the data in 1 column. Hi Pierre You can use a function like this one Copy the function in a normal module =Rangecat(A1:BE1," ") Use this in the worksheet From J.E. McGimpsey It is working for rows an columns Public Function RangeCat(rng As Excel.Range, _ Optional delimiter As String = "", _ Optional direction As Integer = ...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Column Header that moves with Data?
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum header move with the data? I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t scroll to the top and check it out. thanks for all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if i'm understanding correctly - click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes Cheers JulieD "wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3
Hi All, The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru e Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app. The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the page I cited are rather extensive, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Conditional Formating Excel Form
Hi All I have a Form in excel which lets people enter monitoring information It has the fields Target, Reported and Difference. The Target field i pre-set, they have to enter the Reported field and the Difference fiel is a calculated field based on Targeted - Reported. If this difference is more than 10% or less than -10% I would like i the following: A. To change the font colour in the Difference text box red. and B. The form to open another text box (called reason) - so that they ca explain the difference. Any help would be much appreciated Cheers J -- JoePineapples I c...

Coustom view

Changing View -- All Folders

How retreive specific data from 1st Sheet and placing it on 2nd Sh
Looking to search a range of cells in Sheet1, find specific data and place it on Sheet2. Does anyone have a way of doing this. Range of cells in sheet one will be updated periodically and cell range will grow with it. -- tech1NJ Need more information: are you looking for some value such as a name and want to return another value based on the name? What ranges are involved, and what type of data is involved? Is the location on the second sheet always the same or will it also be changing over time? Sample of "before" and "after" usually helps bigtime!...

OL98 start up view

Calendar View?

Form does not display the same on two different PC's
I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on all the PC's except one. Is there something in the set up of Access on that PC that would affect this? What does the form show that is different on this computer? Is the database split with each user having a copy of the front end? Any other differences between the computers such as version of Access? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Taz" wrote: > I have a form set to display a blank record when it opens. This works on a...

Excel 2007 Form errors in calculations
I created a form in Excel 2007 that uses calculations. The calculations in the form work great on my home computer (WINDOWS 7, Excel 2007), BUT the calculations do not calculate at work using the same file. At work we have Excel 2007 and XP on a network. I've tried it on one of my co-worker's computer, no luck. I sent the same file to a friend who uses XP and Excel 2003 and it works just fine. What could it possibly be wrong?? ...

Moving Row data to sheet
I have an Excel problem and I was wandering if anyone could give m their 2 Cents worth. Let me explain. I will have 2 worksheets Lets say A and B. In Workshee A I have rows and rows of data. In worksheet B I want to create a for (not excels form one written in the spreadsheet itself no VB) that wil contain info from each row singly only. Like for example.... Sheet A : Row 1 Name, Phone, Address Row 2 Name, Phone, Address Sheet B: From highlighted row 1 Name Address What I would like is each time you click a row the info changes i sheet B. I know this is done in Access very easily with...

Controls in forms
How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode rather than edit? On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:22 -0800, Bill wrote: > How do I add a control button that will open another form in "add" mode > rather than edit? Set the Click event of the command button to: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , acFormAdd -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail All it did was come up with a message that it couldn't find the object 'DoCmd' "fredg" wrote: > On Thu, 7 Jan ...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...