view data from one table update and save to another table

I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a
form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending
before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original
data which for audit purposes must remain as original.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Bloggsy" <Bloggsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74D11113-3C3F-441F-8031-FA31035ED0B7@microsoft.com...
>I have a tabl do this without amending te with item data which I sow on a
> form to create a purchase order, where the item data may require amending
> before publishing to the supplier. How do I do this without amending original
> data which for audit purposes must remain as original.

0
hemant

manipulated a data file in excel
Is there any way to have a button in excel where when I click on it, i will let me choose a data file (by pointing and clicking) that's comm delimited and I can simply sum up an array of numbers and import tha sum into a cell? I don't want to put the text file into th spreadsheet, but rather just sum of the numers I want into a specifi cell. Thanks -- skinnydud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- skinnydude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

password & 01 data
Hi, I bought an oem product on e-bay & can't get the free tech. support. Any assistance appreciated. I installed 04 & money asks for a password. Beats the heck out of me. No recollection of using password before in 01. Tried all kinds of e-mails, passport, .net, etc. No go. Need assistance. Also, once in 04 how do I access my 01 data. I downloaded 04 trial of the ms site. Never could open the 01 data. Thanks in advance, John. ...

linking charts to one database
I want the same chart from the same database to be linked to two different worksheets so that any changes made will transfer to both charts. ...

Excel table is not correctly pasted into PPT and LN
Hi, i would like to haves ome info about this problem: One user cannot paste correctly an excel table (Edit Copy > Paste Special/Image - Paste) from excel 2000 to powerpoint 2000 or lotus notes vs. 4.6 This problem does not exist in word or in onother excel sheet. Coloured cells are right, coloured text is pasted in black. Have you got some ideas to resolve the problem? Thank in advance, Sara (Italy) ...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...

How to calculate of % in Pivto table?
HI ALL, Could you please provide the details on how to calculate % throu Pivot Table? I Have an excel-sheet that contains a columns as Priority (High, Low, Medium). Using Pivot table, I added the column Priority in Colunmn Area and Data area. It is showing as numbers. I wanted to have a separate column that shows the % of a grand-total (as a separate column). How to do it? Thanks, ManInRed I don't know that you can display it as a separate *column*, but it can be displayed as a separate *row*... Drag the Priority field from the Pivot Table toolbar to the Data Area for a sec...

View Webpage

Consoldating Data
I have a spreadsheet with 57 columns of data. I'd like to figure out a quick way to have all the data (text) into just one column. I don't want add or multiply anything... just want all the data in 1 column. Hi Pierre You can use a function like this one Copy the function in a normal module =Rangecat(A1:BE1," ") Use this in the worksheet From J.E. McGimpsey It is working for rows an columns Public Function RangeCat(rng As Excel.Range, _ Optional delimiter As String = "", _ Optional direction As Integer = ...

Resizing columns [same data source]
Hi! I have created a chart where data results from the same source and of the same kind. But the results of one column are very higher than the others resulting in a disproportionated first columns which makes the chart difficult to read for the readers. I often saw charts in publications where the higher colum is "broken" in the middle, making the chart more userfriendly. Can anyone help me on this? Thanx! Here is an illustrated tutorial, with links to a couple others as well: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel ...

Restore data from MDBDATA folder
Hi, i have a problem with recovery data. On the server there was Exchange 2003 Standard SP1, but it crashed and we saved only data from MDBDATA folder. New server is W2k3 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 (we don`t have an installation media of standard edition at this time). Then i flagged new databases as rewritable with restore, unmount and replace an *.edb databases. Then, when i want to mount databases i get error message "An internal processing error has occurred. try restarting Exchnage System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange IS service, or both. ID no: c1041724." The...

New hotfix for event error
A number of users have reported this error in their CRM application event logs where it says cannot clean up activitybase table. Microsoft now has a hot fix for this issue as per this article TechKnowledge Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Failure Error "Cannot Clean Up ActivityBase Table" in the Application Event Log on the Microsoft CRM Server Return to previous page Document ID: 30380 Date Created: 4/24/2003 Date Last Modified: 12/8/2003 3:56:45 PM Language: English - United States C...

Forms in two differant views

[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3
Hi All, The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru e Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app. The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the page I cited are rather extensive, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ...

Forcing a view to be the active view

Column Header that moves with Data?
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum header move with the data? I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t scroll to the top and check it out. thanks for all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if i'm understanding correctly - click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes Cheers JulieD "wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Multiple series not plotting in their respective data ranges
I have a price comparison chart (line chart) that has multiple prices for multiple dates. Price 1 has a date range of 01/01/07 - 02/06/07. Price 2 has a date range of 01/19/07 - 01/31/07 (a subset of the Price 1 range). When Price 2 plots, it starts at the left of the overall range (01/01/07) and stops at 01/13/07 instead of plotting in the middle of the chart starting at 01/19/07 and ending at 01/31/07. Is this a bug or is there a parameter setting I need to tweak? Thanks, Mike If you want to plot one variable (price) as a function of another variable (date), you should be using...

Data Lookup or query?
I have two fields (text boxes). Text box 1 is a Location and always has data inputed. Text box 2 is an Sub Location but only sometimes gets data inputed. I would like to be able to pull up that if Text box 1 is being filled in that prior data that matches pulls up and also if there is any matching data for Text box 2 that it would get filled in autmatically too. I guess almost like a combo box where it will recognize from a query or whatever, but then also automatically fill in the next field (text box 2)??? You could change the text box 1 to a combo that has both the value for text box 1 ...

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

Selecting a folder to save xml to...
I have the following code that works fine in Excel 2003 and I am looking for something similar that will produce the same result but for Excel 2000 can anyone help? If xmlfolder = "" Then MsgBox "Select folder for the XML file", vbCritical With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "SELECT FOLDER" .AllowMultiSelect = False ' Folder selected If .Show = -1 Then xmlfolder = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & "\" End If Regards Jamie Take a look he...

OL98 start up view