vba select field

Hi,
having a button on a form, is it possible to select only some fields
(all from the same table) of the current record instead of all fields?
I've tried this code:

RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
RunCommand acCmdCopy
Forse dipende dei dati nel record.

but it selects ALL fields in the form.
Thank you.

Remigio
0
remigio
4/10/2010 4:01:56 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi,

On 10.04.2010 18:01, remigio wrote:
> having a button on a form, is it possible to select only some fields
> (all from the same table) of the current record instead of all fields?
> I've tried this code:
>
> RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
> RunCommand acCmdCopy
> Forse dipende dei dati nel record.
>
> but it selects ALL fields in the form.
Yes, you need to run an append query. Create one with the query designer:
Add your table where your form is based on. Change the query type to an
append query. Select the fields you only want to append. Add the primary
key field and add a condition to it. Use the wizard to build a form
reference to your current form.

   http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100765271033.aspx

Store the query. You can then run it using

   DoCmd.RunQuery "yourQuery"

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
4/10/2010 5:17:42 PM
In addition, you might find this article helpful:

    Assign default values from the last record
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-24.html

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"Stefan Hoffmann" wrote:

> hi,
>
> On 10.04.2010 18:01, remigio wrote:
> > having a button on a form, is it possible to select only some fields
> > (all from the same table) of the current record instead of all fields?
> > I've tried this code:
> >
> > RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
> > RunCommand acCmdCopy
> > Forse dipende dei dati nel record.
> >
> > but it selects ALL fields in the form.
> Yes, you need to run an append query. Create one with the query designer:
> Add your table where your form is based on. Change the query type to an
> append query. Select the fields you only want to append. Add the primary
> key field and add a condition to it. Use the wizard to build a form
> reference to your current form.
>
>    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100765271033.aspx
>
> Store the query. You can then run it using
>
>    DoCmd.RunQuery "yourQuery"
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--
 Add the primary
> key field and add a condition to it.

What type of condition?

Use the wizard to build a form
> reference to your current form.

A form reference? May you explain to me how to operate?

In substance II have to subsitute the posted code with your

DoCmd.RunQuery "yourQuery"

is it correct?

Thank you very much.

Remigio
0
remigio
4/11/2010 7:05:55 PM
hi Remigio,

On 11.04.2010 21:05, remigio wrote:
>   Add the primary
>> key field and add a condition to it.
> What type of condition?

> Use the wizard to build a form
>> reference to your current form.
> A form reference? May you explain to me how to operate?
Have you read the links (also Tom's) and tried the examples?

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
4/11/2010 9:26:34 PM
> Have you read the links (also Tom's) and tried the examples?

Yes, I have.
I'm also able to create and run an update query (it seems this the
article referres).
I only please you to explain me what "... and add a condition to it.
Use the wizard to build a form
reference to your current form. " means, maybe with an example.
Thank you very much for help.

Remigio

0
remigio

Lead Tab
I am converting the Potential Account Size field to in Lead Tab - Web Info Tab to a combo box using jscript in the OnLoad event. This code worked just fine in the Salutation field in Lead Tab-General Tab but refuses to work in this field and I am relatively new to jscript. Can someone give me a clue to what is wrong? Here is the code: //DROP DOWN BOX FOR POTENTIAL ACCOUNT SIZE //The potential account size lookup field to change. var fieldN = "new_potentialaccountsize"; //I'm saving the current potential account size value to set it as the default in the created combobox. ...

Custom PWA fields show no data in PWA
Hi, My company has recently started to use Team Foundation Server and it is being used to track softwer development progress. The project related information is transferred to Project Pro and Project server 2007. There are several custom fields provided by Team system including work item ID which uniquely identifies the scenario, bug or task. However when I try to view these fields in PWA the box is empty. The custom field heading is corect. I have exported the custom fields from Project to Project server but this has not helped. Can anyone help with this? -- Regard...

BROWSEINFO: set (pre)selected path
Hi together, in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user to change f.e. the workPath for an application: FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog(); di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop; di->SelectedPath=workPath; In an MFC project I can do the following: BROWSEINFO bi; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then structure: typedef struct _browseinfo { HWND hwndOwner; LPCITEMIDLIST pidlRoot; LPTSTR pszDisplayName; LPCTSTR lpszTi...

My selections are locked--how do I unlock them?
I'm using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and the bottom of my page says that my selections are locked. This happens when I try to do anything. The only thing I can do is open a document, but it won't let me type or copy or anything like that. Also, little paragraph symbols have appeared all over my page. Is it a trial copy that has expired? If so, time to buy. Is it a retail copy that hasn't been actived? "ChikiMongo" <ChikiMongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B791BF17-B602-4297-9AED-FB3FF4F976D9@microsoft.com... : I'm...

RE: Yes/No select All or select None
I have a form (continuous) where the user sees a list of all people with a yes/no checkbox beside the name. They can scroll down the list and select individuals by clicking on the Yes/No checkbox. I would like to add a button that allows the user to select all or to unselect all (select none). Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thank you, Kelvin Execute an Update query to set the field to Yes or No for all records. Here's the kind of code you would put into the Event Procedure for the Click event of your command button: Dim strWhere As String 'Save any changes...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

delete fields in subform combobox after main form combobox is chan
I have a main form with a continuous sub form. There is a combobox on the main form called "FuelTypeChoice" The sub form is a continuous form "fPerfEmissionGuaDetails" There is a combobox on the subform called"FuelChoice" How can I have all of the records in the subform combobox be deleted if the main form combobox selection is changed? so... as soon as the user changes the FuelTypeChoice all of the FuelChoice are deleted so the user can make new Fuel Choices. The ID field between the two tables is PerfEmissionGuaID Background... 3 tables and a main form w...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Can I to populate "Web page" AD field onto GAL ?
In AD, I have the "Web page" field. Imagine I want to make this field visible in GAL, so that people can look up that specific webpage when double clicking a specific username in GAL (it sounds silly, but that's a request from my internal folks). Can you tell me again how I populate fields from AD onto GAL (to be visible via Outlook) ? I can't remember... Exch2003SP1. "Marlon Brown" <nomail@brown.com> wrote: >In AD, I have the "Web page" field. >Imagine I want to make this field visible in GAL, so that people can look up >that spec...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Record Selection
I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item and make a selection as to the color. I started looking at the "Like" function, but couldn't figure out how to have it look at the 8th character only. I am using Access 2000. Any help would be appreciated. On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:51:02 -0700, Dmario wrote: > I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I > need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item a...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

File Selection and New file names
Question #1: When in the "Open File" dialog box of Publish 2002, the CTL and SHIFT keys do not work to select multiple files. This works in Word 2002 and Excel 2002 and also worked in Publish 2000. Is there a setting to allow this? Question #2: How do you get Publish 2002 to return to the folder of the "last" file opened when opening another file? Sometimes it returns to "My Docs", other times to the last folder (within my Docs) with apparently no logic, mostly returning to My Docs. Comment: Same as AB24U's message 1-24-05. When started using Pub...

How do I insert a "save date" / "last edit date" field in footer
I want to insert "save date" / "last edit date" in my visio diagrams. However, currently Visio does not provide such option. I tried with insert field, but that seems not working -- i.e. when I inserted "last edit date" and saved the document, then on the next date, without modifying the document, I opened the document and printed; then I got the next day's date printed in the field "last edit date". So any input / suggestion? Thanks The choices for what you can place in a header/footer is limited. If the Visio drawing is the same size a...

Checking for Existing Field in Table
Ok I have the following code: Function CheckIfFieldExist(TableName As String, FieldName As String) As Boolean On Error GoTo CheckIfFieldExist_Err ' Function that check if a field exist in the table ' Return True if exist , and False if doesn't exist Dim I As String CheckIfFieldExist = True I = Application.CurrentDb.TableDefs(TableName).Fields(FieldName).Name Exit Function CheckIfFieldExist_Err: If Err = 3265 Then CheckIfFieldExist = False Else MsgBox Error End If End Function this is the other half of the code: 'Late If Chec...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...