Validating Field data within a Table

Hi
I have a Table "Tbl_Log_Receipt" which has a field where the user must input
his unique Id, this field is named "User_ID"

I want the user to enter his ID in this field and if the entry does not
match a record within another table called Tbl_Users, it will display a
warning message and blank his entry.

Is this possible??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Joe
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Rather than make the user key in an id, why not pick up his/her network ID
and use that?

There's code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access
Web" to let you get that information.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a Table "Tbl_Log_Receipt" which has a field where the user must
> input
> his unique Id, this field is named "User_ID"
>
> I want the user to enter his ID in this field and if the entry does not
> match a record within another table called Tbl_Users, it will display a
> warning message and blank his entry.
>
> Is this possible??
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Joe

0
Douglas
6/26/2007 12:08:57 PM
Thanks for your very prompt reply, I understand what you suggest, I already
collect this and populate it onto a table for audit purpose, however, the
system is set up to utilise a number of user groups, 1 pc is used for many
people within the group, therefore the network id is not a low enough level.

Once the system is opened by one of the users within the group, each member
of the group will transact information, if I only collect the network ID,
this will hide the individual who carried out the transaction.

Eventually an admin guy will add and remove users via a maintenance form,
thats why I need to be able to validate against this other table that will be
maintained by the admin guy.

Any help at all will be greatfully appreciated.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Rather than make the user key in an id, why not pick up his/her network ID
> and use that?
>
> There's code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access
> Web" to let you get that information.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have a Table "Tbl_Log_Receipt" which has a field where the user must
> > input
> > his unique Id, this field is named "User_ID"
> >
> > I want the user to enter his ID in this field and if the entry does not
> > match a record within another table called Tbl_Users, it will display a
> > warning message and blank his entry.
> >
> > Is this possible??
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> >
> > Joe

Assuming that the txtUserId control is bound to the appropriate field in the
form's recordsource, you can put code in the control's BeforeUpdate event:

Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
"'")
    Msgbox Me!txtUserID & " is an invalid user id."
    Me!txtUserId.Undo
    Cancel = True
  End If

End Sub

--

> Thanks for your very prompt reply, I understand what you suggest, I
> already
> collect this and populate it onto a table for audit purpose, however, the
> system is set up to utilise a number of user groups, 1 pc is used for many
> people within the group, therefore the network id is not a low enough
> level.
>
> Once the system is opened by one of the users within the group, each
> member
> of the group will transact information, if I only collect the network ID,
> this will hide the individual who carried out the transaction.
>
> Eventually an admin guy will add and remove users via a maintenance form,
> thats why I need to be able to validate against this other table that will
> be
> maintained by the admin guy.
>
> Any help at all will be greatfully appreciated.
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Rather than make the user key in an id, why not pick up his/her network
>> ID
>> and use that?
>>
>> There's code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access
>> Web" to let you get that information.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I have a Table "Tbl_Log_Receipt" which has a field where the user must
>> > input
>> > his unique Id, this field is named "User_ID"
>> >
>> > I want the user to enter his ID in this field and if the entry does not
>> > match a record within another table called Tbl_Users, it will display a
>> > warning message and blank his entry.
>> >
>> > Is this possible??
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>> >
>> > Joe

0
Douglas
6/26/2007 12:57:22 PM
Many Thanks Douglas (if I may call you that)

I have pasted the code into the BeforeUpdate event as you have suggested,
however when I enter data into the User_ID field, I get an error message
"Compile Error" and the line "If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID",
"Tbl_Users........." is highlighted in red  It is more than likely that I
have missed something, sorry for the inconvenience

Joe

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Assuming that the txtUserId control is bound to the appropriate field in the
> form's recordsource, you can put code in the control's BeforeUpdate event:
>
> Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
> "'")
>     Msgbox Me!txtUserID & " is an invalid user id."
>     Me!txtUserId.Undo
>     Cancel = True
>   End If
>
> End Sub
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your very prompt reply, I understand what you suggest, I
> > already
> > collect this and populate it onto a table for audit purpose, however, the
> > system is set up to utilise a number of user groups, 1 pc is used for many
> > people within the group, therefore the network id is not a low enough
> > level.
> >
> > Once the system is opened by one of the users within the group, each
> > member
> > of the group will transact information, if I only collect the network ID,
> > this will hide the individual who carried out the transaction.
> >
> > Eventually an admin guy will add and remove users via a maintenance form,
> > thats why I need to be able to validate against this other table that will
> > be
> > maintained by the admin guy.
> >
> > Any help at all will be greatfully appreciated.
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Rather than make the user key in an id, why not pick up his/her network
> >> ID
> >> and use that?
> >>
> >> There's code in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm at "The Access
> >> Web" to let you get that information.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

There was word-wrap in what I posted (and I forgot the keyword Then after
the closing parenthesis).

Putting in a line-continuation character to avoid the word wrap (and
correcting the omission), it should be:

  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", _
    "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId & "'") Then

If that still doesn't work, post back with your exact code. (copy-and-paste
it, as opposed to retyping it)

--

> Many Thanks Douglas (if I may call you that)
>
> I have pasted the code into the BeforeUpdate event as you have suggested,
> however when I enter data into the User_ID field, I get an error message
> "Compile Error" and the line "If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID",
> "Tbl_Users........." is highlighted in red  It is more than likely that I
> have missed something, sorry for the inconvenience
>
> Joe
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Assuming that the txtUserId control is bound to the appropriate field in
>> the
>> form's recordsource, you can put code in the control's BeforeUpdate
>> event:
>>
>> Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>>
>>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
>> "'")
>>     Msgbox Me!txtUserID & " is an invalid user id."
>>     Me!txtUserId.Undo
>>     Cancel = True
>>   End If
>>
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for your very prompt reply, I understand what you suggest, I
>> > already
>> > collect this and populate it onto a table for audit purpose, however,
>> > the
>> > system is set up to utilise a number of user groups, 1 pc is used for
>> > many
>> > people within the group, therefore the network id is not a low enough
>> > level.
>> >
>> > Once the system is opened by one of the users within the group, each
>> > member
>> > of the group will transact information, if I only collect the network
>> > ID,
>> > this will hide the individual who carried out the transaction.
>> >
>> > Eventually an admin guy will add and remove users via a maintenance
>> > form,
>> > thats why I need to be able to validate against this other table that
>> > will
>> > be
>> > maintained by the admin guy.
>> >
>> > Any help at all will be greatfully appreciated.

0
Douglas
6/26/2007 3:31:15 PM
Douglas

Thank you very much for you time and patience, I have tried copying in your
last solution, this is returning the following error message with the
IsNull..... line being highlighted

"Compile Error"
"Syntax Error"

The copy and pasted code is as follows:-

Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
"'") Then

    MsgBox Me!txtUserId & " is an invalid user id."
    Me!txtUserId.Undo
    Cancel = True

  End If

End Sub

Again thank you for your assistance

Joe

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> There was word-wrap in what I posted (and I forgot the keyword Then after
> the closing parenthesis).
>
> Putting in a line-continuation character to avoid the word wrap (and
> correcting the omission), it should be:
>
>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", _
>     "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId & "'") Then
>
> If that still doesn't work, post back with your exact code. (copy-and-paste
> it, as opposed to retyping it)
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Many Thanks Douglas (if I may call you that)
> >
> > I have pasted the code into the BeforeUpdate event as you have suggested,
> > however when I enter data into the User_ID field, I get an error message
> > "Compile Error" and the line "If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID",
> > "Tbl_Users........." is highlighted in red  It is more than likely that I
> > have missed something, sorry for the inconvenience
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming that the txtUserId control is bound to the appropriate field in
> >> the
> >> form's recordsource, you can put code in the control's BeforeUpdate
> >> event:
> >>
> >> Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> >>
> >>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
> >> "'")
> >>     Msgbox Me!txtUserID & " is an invalid user id."
> >>     Me!txtUserId.Undo
> >>     Cancel = True
> >>   End If
> >>
> >> End Sub
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Once again, my typo. You're missing a closing parenthesis:

If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
"'")) Then

My apologies.

--

> Douglas
>
> Thank you very much for you time and patience, I have tried copying in
> your
> last solution, this is returning the following error message with the
> IsNull..... line being highlighted
>
> "Compile Error"
> "Syntax Error"
>
> The copy and pasted code is as follows:-
>
> Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>
>  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
> "'") Then
>
>    MsgBox Me!txtUserId & " is an invalid user id."
>    Me!txtUserId.Undo
>    Cancel = True
>
>  End If
>
> End Sub
>
> Again thank you for your assistance
>
> Joe
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> There was word-wrap in what I posted (and I forgot the keyword Then after
>> the closing parenthesis).
>>
>> Putting in a line-continuation character to avoid the word wrap (and
>> correcting the omission), it should be:
>>
>>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", _
>>     "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId & "'") Then
>>
>> If that still doesn't work, post back with your exact code.
>> (copy-and-paste
>> it, as opposed to retyping it)
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Many Thanks Douglas (if I may call you that)
>> >
>> > I have pasted the code into the BeforeUpdate event as you have
>> > suggested,
>> > however when I enter data into the User_ID field, I get an error
>> > message
>> > "Compile Error" and the line "If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID",
>> > "Tbl_Users........." is highlighted in red  It is more than likely that
>> > have missed something, sorry for the inconvenience
>> >
>> > Joe

0
Douglas
6/27/2007 10:53:05 AM
Fantastic, works like a dream, many thanks for your help.

How can I mark this as an excellant answer to my question, do I just click
on the Yes Button beside the"Did this post answer the question?" text

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Once again, my typo. You're missing a closing parenthesis:
>
> If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
> "'")) Then
>
> My apologies.
>

> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Douglas
> >
> > Thank you very much for you time and patience, I have tried copying in
> > your
> > last solution, this is returning the following error message with the
> > IsNull..... line being highlighted
> >
> > "Compile Error"
> > "Syntax Error"
> >
> > The copy and pasted code is as follows:-
> >
> > Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
> >
> >  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
> > "'") Then
> >
> >    MsgBox Me!txtUserId & " is an invalid user id."
> >    Me!txtUserId.Undo
> >    Cancel = True
> >
> >  End If
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Again thank you for your assistance
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> There was word-wrap in what I posted (and I forgot the keyword Then after
> >> the closing parenthesis).
> >>
> >> Putting in a line-continuation character to avoid the word wrap (and
> >> correcting the omission), it should be:
> >>
> >>   If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", _
> >>     "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId & "'") Then
> >>
> >> If that still doesn't work, post back with your exact code.
> >> (copy-and-paste
> >> it, as opposed to retyping it)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

To be honest, I don't use the web interface, so I'm not sure, but I assume
that's what you do.

--

> Fantastic, works like a dream, many thanks for your help.
>
> How can I mark this as an excellant answer to my question, do I just click
> on the Yes Button beside the"Did this post answer the question?" text
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Once again, my typo. You're missing a closing parenthesis:
>>
>> If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId &
>> "'")) Then
>>
>> My apologies.
>>

>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Joe Coulter" <JoeCoulter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Douglas
>> >
>> > Thank you very much for you time and patience, I have tried copying in
>> > your
>> > last solution, this is returning the following error message with the
>> > IsNull..... line being highlighted
>> >
>> > "Compile Error"
>> > "Syntax Error"
>> >
>> > The copy and pasted code is as follows:-
>> >
>> > Private Sub txtUserId_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
>> >
>> >  If IsNull(DLookup("User_ID", "Tbl_Users", "User_ID ='" & Me!txtUserId
>> > &
>> > "'") Then
>> >
>> >    MsgBox Me!txtUserId & " is an invalid user id."
>> >    Me!txtUserId.Undo
>> >    Cancel = True
>> >
>> >  End If
>> >
>> > End Sub
>> >
>> > Again thank you for your assistance
>> >
>> > Joe

0
Douglas

pivotchart pivot table
hi you can make several pivot chart from one pivottable. But if change one of the charts the other related pivot chart en pivot also changes how do i prevend that happening? Create another pivot table, based on the first one. Then, create the second pivot chart from the second pivot table. lennert wrote: > hi > > you can make several pivot chart from one pivottable. But if change one > of the charts > the other related pivot chart en pivot also changes how do i prevend > that happening? > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.c...

Date in Access field is ########
I recently ran a query based on the date field. Ever since then, some of the dates in the field show up as ###### instead of the date I originally entered. How do I fix this? If you have lived a good, wholesome life, it's probably just that the field holding the data isn't wide enough. Try widening up the column or text box. That isn't it? What DID you do? ;-) I would be worried that your database may be corrupt. Make a copy of the entire database file first. Then do a compact and repair on the database and see if that fixes it. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft A...

Excel 2007: Weird Pivot Table Sorting Problem
Created a pivot table in Excel 2007. The row labels include Division, Customer Number, and Customer name. The values include Last Active Month, Number of active months, and average monthly bill. The pivot table is setup so that Division is in outline form and the other row labels are in tabular form so that the table looks like this: DIVISION A Cust No Cust Name Last Act Mo # Act Mos Avg Monthly Cust No Cust Name Last Act Mo # Act Mos Avg Monthly Cust No Cust Name Last Act Mo # Act Mos Avg Monthly DIVISION B Cust No Cust N...

Msgbox entry validation
The following Macro will not loop more than twice the error entries. Will someone help me correct it to loop indefinely? Thanks Sub Entry_validation() Dim Teststring As String Dim Inputstring As String Cells(1, 1) = "ABC" 'as given filename Cells(2, 1) = "DEF" 'as given filename Cells(3, 1) = "GHI" 'as given filename Cells(4, 1) = "JKL" 'as given filename errorloop: Inputstring = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Filename" & vbLf & "Enter abort to abort en...

Restoring one Dynamics table instead of the whole database
Is it possible to restore just a table into the SQLdatabase instead of the entire database? We accidentally deleted a budget and would like to restore just the GL00200 and the GL00201 tables... thanks! -- Doug I restored the backup into a test company (KB 871973). I then used DTS to copy the data to the live company. -- Thanks Titan "Doug" wrote: > Is it possible to restore just a table into the SQLdatabase instead of the > entire database? We accidentally deleted a budget and would like to restore > just the GL00200 and the GL00201 tables... > > thanks...

Data Validation -> Validation list is larger than the cell width
I have a workbook that I've just added data validation to one cell. FWIW, the data validation is based on a named range. Here's the (perceived) problem. When I've set up data validation in the past, the selection is the same width as the cell. In this case, the list starts almost a full cell width to the left. What am I missing? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, In Excel2003 I can replicate what you describe under the following conditions: 1. the named range contains entries that are wider than the data validation cell 2. The data validation cell is r...

Activated Outlook and lost all data on Outlook Express
When I downloaded Windows XP Patch 2 it included Outlook. I installed the patch and activated Outlook. My old Outlook Express disappeared, along with a lot of files that I hadn't read/responded to/saved. Is Outlook Express still somewhere in my computer system? How do I access it to review and save some of the files that were there? -- TeacherGuy If you use outlook 2003, try to import data from outlook express to outlook 2003. from menu of oulook 2003, file > import & export > import internet mail and addresses > Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x "TeacherGuy"...

Masking the sent from field with a seperate domain?
We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to download email from various seperately hosted domains and route the email to the correct client. Our users have noticed that any email they send shows the recipient the local domain in the sent from field. We need to mask it to say that it come from a different domain... for example one of the domains that we use to download email from using the pop3 connector. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jackie Jackie wrote: > We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to > down...

Is there a way to setup word wrap within cells?
I notice that no matter how large I make a cell, the text will not wrap when it gets to the end of the line. I have a bit of typing to do in some cells and scrolling over to read the contents of one cell just isnt practical. I also notice that no matter how wide or tall I make a cell it always start typing in the lower left corner, if that has anything to do with it. Please help this newbie out! Thanks! Click on FORMAT ... CELLS, then choose the Alignment tab. Check the Word Wrap box. The vertical alignment defaults to "bottom", and you can select whatever you like. "...

Validating against a DTD
Hello All, I am trying to validate an xml file against a DTD. I went through a lot of examples especially: http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/util/srcview.aspx?path=../../codebank/System_Xml/XmlValidatingReader/Validator/validator.src&file=validator.cs&font=3 but its not working in my case. First of all, when i try to add my DTD file in XmlSchemaCollection object, it throws an error saying DocType element is expected. I am using NITF DTD for this and there is no DocType element in it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. VD You should not add DTDs to XmlSchemaCollection. XmlSchema...

Validation dropdown list is not coming visible
Hi, I'm using XP and 2003. I have a problem that I have once found resolution, but now it came again and cannot remember what needs to be done. Here is the problem: There is a column where Validation is specified in right manner with error message in case of error. When selecting the cell - dropdown list is not coming visible. In case I write something wrong it gives error message. If I recall correctly - it was something to do with some kind of list. How can I change this to work properly? I tried to paste new column from another file where the column is working as I want...

Data Migration Framework Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object: crmActivityUnknownError 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- <a...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

display data as a percentage of a subtotal in excel pivot table
how can data be displayed as a percentage of a subtotal in a pivot table? for example, I can display salesperson A's 1st quarter sales as a percentage of yearly sales. What I want to do is display salesperson A's 1st quarter sales as a percentage of quarter 1 total sales. You can add columns to your data table, and calculate the quarter, and the percent of quarter total for each row. For example, with your data in cells A1:C200 -- Salesperson Date Sales Sam 1-Jan-05 200 In cell D1, type: Qtr In cell D2, type: =CHOOSE(MONTH(B2),1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4) In ce...

Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server
we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server? thanks Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based on other posts "Eve" wrote: > we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the > Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a > tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuildi...

data labels in 2007
In 2003 I used to be able to hover over a data point on a chart and it would give me the value... in 2007 it seems I am not able to do that... is that correct? how can I see the data point value on my chart without double clicking on it... want to just hover over it Apparently it doesn't work unless you activate the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB7B2633-5061-477B-B5FC-EC6F6B10BEAB@mic...

Field Options
We have an Access database that has a field with 2 choices - "A - Been Recommended" and "B - Has Not Been Recommended". When we choose one of the answers in any record, it changes all the records to that choice. Why would this be? Also, regardless of the choice, A or B, when we print, all the records show as if choice A has been selected. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. "Stacey" <snestlerode@keppel.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:697047F2-ECD1-4566-B541-EF0F4056F0B2@microsoft.com... > We have an Access d...

reinstall-validation problem
Hardware hit from lightning so new hd and video card and start over. All goes well with install using a slipstreamed XP-Pro SP3 disk but I notice it never asks for the Product Key during install yet it Activates itself during one of the boots and I think little of it until ... During the updates which followed (100+!!!) I notice Windows Defender doesn't seem to run or leave itself installed. As it is running on my laptop figured I just download it. When I run it, it wants to first do the Genuine Advantage bs which I let it, at which time it says "bogus". Ugh, g...

formating a field within a query
In working at a college we must pull our data from the state data management system. I need to convert the class start time field into a true time stamp in order to sort it correctly. example of how the data comes to us: 0400P = 4:00 pm start time. Is there a way to format this field at a true time within my query? I need to sort in order of earlies time to latest time. The query runs a report that will go to our scheduling assistants to determin if a room is available for a class. Thanks Jacqueline Jacqueline "Formatting" doesn't alter the value, just changes how it i...

Validation
Julie the same can be achieve without going thru the double drop down boxes. You could do it just using the combobox alone. Thank again Please stay in the ORIGINAL thread. The archives will thank you. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034101c49c3b$889b5020$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Julie the same can be achieve without going thru the > double drop down boxes. You could do it just using the > combobox alone. Thank again ...

Entering specific data in cells.
I have a column formatted in date form. I want to ensure that when a date is inputted into that column it can only represent a date which falls on a Saturday otherwise it will display a sign representing it is not correct data. Any suggestions please. -- Many Thanks Gunjani Not tonight, dear. I have a modem. Hi - select the cell. e.g. cell B1 - goto 'Data - Validation' and choose 'Custom' - enter the following formula =WEEKDAY(B1)=6 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunjani wrote: > I have a column formatted in date form. I want to ensure that ...

How do I add field totals
I have a Form with 3 text boxes. I want to add the figures in Box 1 and Box 2 and make it show up in Box 3. How do I do that? Sorry, I'm pretty new to Access. Thanks -- Bobc SRES, LLC One way to do this would be to do the calculation in a query, then use that query to "feed" the form. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in ...

How to check Pivot Table source?
Hi, I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the Pivot is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot? I don't want to just start new pivot from scratch, as there are different formulas on that spreadsheet that uses its values. Thanks, Marcin Hi Marcin, > I use a file created in Excel 2003 and need to check if the Pivot table > calls proper ranges. Is there any way to check what the source for the > Pivot is? And, can the source range be redefined for this Pivot...

VBA
How to copy and paste an Excel Table (obviously from an open Excel Spreadsheet) without bringing over the Gridlines / comments etc? how would I do this in VBA automatically? thanks, Amrit ...

Hyperlink description field
Visio Professional 2002. I have a Conceptual Web Site diagram on which I use Web Site Map Shapes. Sometimes, when I need to change the hyperlink address, the text that the shape displays doesn't change. In Configure Hyperlinks, the Address and the Description fields show the new address, but the shape continues to display the old. Any idea? ...