uusi Win XP pro sp2 ja IE7

http://www.wunderground.com/swf/Rapid_Fire.swf?units=metric&station=IUUSIMAA3Hei,Minulla on käytössä   uudet Win  XP pro sp2 sekä  IE 7.  Ylläolevaa  linkkiä  en saa auki  IE7:lla,  mutta kylläkin  Operalla ja Firefoxilla. Mistähän mahtaa johtua?  Pitäisikö  asetuksia  muuttaa?  Saanko teiltä ohjeita?Terv  Heikki R LaineMetsätie 1803100 Nummela----------------This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e8c60164-a358-4982-b3e8-a78cbcfb1529&dg=microsoft.public.access
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to use exel 98 -02 -2003 if i have xp program?
I have xp software on my laptop and every single time try to do something with old programs like 98-02-2003 versions I have huge problems that document usually never viewed or some other problems like asking 100 questions before open the page? Could you please tell me what is the solition to get rid of all this hasitations? Thanks OS OS More clarity needed. Your native language may not be English so slow down a bit. You are running WindowsXP, correct? You have which version of Excel installed? Excel 2003 is the newest version of Excel for Windows operating system so wouldn't be c...

Printer sharing problem on XP
2pc's side by side running XP SP3. PC #1 had an HP IIP+ via parallel and an HP k8600 via usb. This worked fine. We added PC#2 and wanted to be able to print from it using shares on PC #!. They both show up in Explorer on PC#2 when I drill down into Network Places and click on PC#1. Regardless of how I try to make the connection I couldn't get the connection to work on the HP k8600 but it did work on the HP IIp+. So after wasting over an hour I decided to attach both printers to PC#2 and share back to PC #!. The same results occurred. I can print to both printers from t...

Question about Win 2003 R2 OEM license key
I installed Win 2003 R2 with a used OEM license key and media. Obvious it cannot be activated with this key. I asked the vendor to get a new license key. What the vendor told me is even I get the new license key, I will need to re-install Win 2003 with the media it shippes! Is this true? My believe is as long as it is unused new OEM license, I can just put the key in, even the Win 2003 is installed with a media that tagged with a different license key. Am I right here? Sorry--you have landed in a MacWord newsgroup. You'll need to find a Windows newsgroup to ask your question. http:...

Win a limited edition Google Water-Bottle!
Hi all, Did you know that Google Docs makes it easy to create forms and surveys? One of the least known, but most useful features of Google Docs is forms and we want your help in spreading the word. Now we want to do raffle among the participators of Google Doc survey after you come back to campus from the Thanksgiving! Please take seconds to fill out the Google Doc survey ( the link below) and you could win a limited edition Google water-bottle or a Google Wave account! Survey Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGsyVUdYSjhqUmF5dm9ZYjk3RVZoUVE6MA...

Access XP database
I am creating a database that will produce a sales contract in the construction biz. It will have two tables: one contains the line items and the other the customer information and static contractural information. I need to link the two tables so that I can produce a query from which I will produce a report. 3 questions: 1). What kind of field would I need to create to act as primary key, which leads to question 2). What kind of relationship do I need: one to many, etc and 3). what kind of join would I need to make this work?. The table with line items has a "Yes/No&...

XP PRO OPEN LICENSE, does it exist?
I need to sell a large amount of computers with XP PRO in them I would like to install the XP PRO OPEN LICENSE on one, and then CLONE the others, so that when a hard drive dies, or XP dies and I need to re-installed it, I can do it without problems, just like in Windows 85, 98, me I have been told by the distributors I purchase Microsfot products from, and by Microsoft, that this product does NOT exist I have on my hands a "Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Volume License Product Key Required)" Part # E85-01172. This product was purchased by another client, from someone I do not kno...

Outlook XP Upgrade
Does anyone know if an upgrade to Outlook 2003 w/BC can be purchased without buying the entire office suite upgrade? You can buy Outlook 2003 for $109.00 by itself. Frank El Paso, Texas ...

Remote controlling WMP over a Win 7 office network
Hi All, We have one machine in our office with Windows Media Player (latest version under Win7 Pro x64) with a massive music library and speakers distributed through the office. I'd like each computer in the office to be able to remote control that Windows Media Player - is that possible? If so, how? Thanks, Thomas. ...

message configure office xp with front page
Hi. I have a problem when starting up Excel. A message window comes up and says 'please wait while office xp configures with frontpage' . Then asks for the installation CD of office XP. I don't have the installation CD, and I don't use front page. The message came up a while back and I lost the excel icon entirely from Office toolbar. I had to pin it to startmenu manually from office short cut bar. Is there any chance I can end this problem? I think it has something to do with Visio which I installed and uninstalled after about a week because I didn't need it. Wi...

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I have an Exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain. The clients are running Outlook XP. I'm trying to send Calendar requests from this to a seperate Server/Exchange 2003 forest. If I just create a calendar appointment and Invite Attendees from the other forest it only goes through as text, but I've found I can send a Calendar request as an *.ics by clicking "Actions > Forward as iCalendar" which successfully forwards on an appointment that users in the corresponding forest can Accept. What I'd like to know is if it's possible to set the Outlook clients to ...

Win XP and Win 7
I apollogize if someone feels this it OT but I can't find an NG for Win 7. Regarding an "up-grade" from XP to 7. I OWN a stand alone ( not upgrade) retail copy of XP . I am going to build a new PC and retire my present one. I will be slaving my current hard drive to the new one so I can keep some of my files and have some extra storage. I want to install Win 7 on the new hard drive. Win XP will not be the bootable HD. I want to use Win 7 Pro Upgrade for my new OS and do a "clean" install. Does Win 7 verify the presence of Win XP by the ORIGINAL Win XP disc? (...

Error Message in Outlook 2002 under XP
When I am doing a mail merge and I try to open an existing document file, I get the warning message "The File Exists". I cannot open the file. ...

Entourage Screwed up after SP2 Update
Dual 2 GHz G5 OS 10.4.2 Microsoft Office 2004 Entourage 2004 v11.2.0 I routinely allow Microsoft Office to check for updates and go ahead an install these, because they are almost always small bug fixes (that I had often not even encountered). Well, the last update that came down has managed to completely screw up my Entourage (I don't really use the other office product very much, whereas I use Entourage non-stop). First of all, I encountered several problems while the update was trying to update my data file. It kept failing and wanting to start over. I finally had to rebuild the datab...

How to display the variable that is being passed in the stored pro
Hi, I got a access form from where I sending parameter to a sql server stored procedure. I need to display the values that are being passed to the stored procedure. How do I go about doing that in the most easiest way. Thanks CODE: rivate Sub cmdRunProc1_Click() Dim conn As ADODB.Connection 'Dim cmdUpdate As ADODB.Command Dim lngRecs Dim strType Dim curPercent Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Provider = "SQLOLEDB" conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=pubs;Data Source=USILDEK1-21001;User ID=sa;Password=alloyd;" conn.Op...

WARNING : KB977165 Can/May/Will Cause BSODs for Some Windows XP Users
New Patches Cause BSoD for Some Windows XP Users http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/ BLUE SCREEN, UNABLE TO BOOT AFTER WINDOWS XP UPDATE TODAY http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1/ A workaround to remove KB977165 and a method to mitigate the vulnerability this update addresses has been posted in the above Windows Update forum by Kevin Hau of Microsoft: " Hello Everyone, I wanted to thank everyone for the great information and discusion in this thread! ...

XP Clients and power options
We're running SBS2003 R2 Premium. We've got a computer lab for the students with 40 XP clients. I don't want the clients powered off, but I want the monitors to power off after 10 or 20 minutes. I tried using the EZ-GPO program to do this, but it's not working when nobody is logged on to the machine. I can check the power settings with POWERCFG /Q and the settings are correct. The monitor will go into screen saver and then power off if the user stays logged on, which obviously isn't acceptable. Is there an easy solution for this? Never used this but make sure ...

PS on Win Vista vs Win 2003
Hi Guys. If i run the following command on win Vista Get-ChildItem 'D:\FTP\public' -recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True} | Where-Object {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} Everything works 100% and it list about 10 empty folders If i run the same command on windows 2003 it does not work, is there a difference? and it list every single folder. Why is that? GetFiles doesn't seem to have a dependency on a particular .NET version, but try this on your Windows 2003 Server in a few empty directories: PS>(get-item .).GetFiles().count Maybe there'...

Update Windows XP KB973688
Can anyone tell me what the problem is with this update? I have tried to install it 4 times and it won't install. Went to Microsoft's website and found that it had 0 bytes to install! What gives? John wrote: > Can anyone tell me what the problem is with this update? I have > tried to install it 4 times and it won't install. Went to > Microsoft's website and found that it had 0 bytes to install! What > gives? 0 Bytes is not how much you have to install - it is how much you have to download (0 bytes because you have already downloaded it.) Did you ma...

XP Home Login Problem
Had Error Crypt32-internet was not present, or at least inbound. I tried a couple fixes and now when I turn on the computer I get the first screen, then the second which shows "To see post screens, press ESC" and "To see setup Screens press F2". I can not do either. My keyboard lights flash when the machine starts but does not show anything (num lock light) and does not seem to work. I have tried F8, but nothing is happening and the disk will not boot the system. I am looking at a complete install if possible. I did have the "Windows could not...

Win 2008 R2 File Server has "automatic" defrag every afternoon? NOT scheduled...
Hi all, I am getting an event log event 258 every afternoon at 2pm "Defrag analysis" on every drive on this W2K8 R2 box. The event is: "event 258" "The disk defragmenter successfully completed analysis on drivename (X:)" This is not the regular Defrag scheduled task, which I have set up to run on the weekends... This is a File Server and the time that this runs is in the afternoon when most users are runnig open files. I cannot find where to disable or reschedule this event. Does Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance! Hello ...

WINS and browsing
Hi Can anyone help me with network browsing problem with VPN client ? On ethernet network are 1 domain (A) and 2 workgroups (B, C). All computers (except servers in domain) get IP from DHCP, which is defined in domain A. DHCP has also defined DNS and WINS options therefore all computers register in domain A WINS. In domain A is also VPN server which assigns DHCP addresses to VPN clients. VPN client is computer in workgroup B (or C, same problem) and this computer does not receive browse list (neither for its own workgroup). VPN client can register in WINS (computername, user messenger ...) ...

Outlook XP attachement problem
Hi, I got Outlook XP on a Windows 2k and for a reason that I can't find, a documents of 25 k takes about 1 min to open on a P4 2ghz. I tried to re-install Office but doesn't seems to work. Where can I search to find answer? Thx M.J. What type of file are you trying to open? Is it an Office- based attachments? (such as Word, Excel etc etc) Or is it something else? Bobby >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > I got Outlook XP on a Windows 2k and for a reason that I can't find, a >documents of 25 k takes about 1 min to open on a P4 2ghz. I tried to >r...

winning streak query
I have a table that has results on it with a winner and a loser. what I am trying to do is get a winning or losing streak query based on date and game id. meaning a player can play 4 times in one nite so i would need to first look to date then to game id. so if he one the first 3 and lost the last one he would have a winning streak of 3. I hope i am explaining enough. Any ideas? Thanks Hi, Interesting question. Here is one way that presumes that three or more games in a row of winning or losing out of an unlimited number of games on a particular day consitutes a streak. It g...

Upgrade to XP 64 Prof from XP 32 Prof, Dual boot
I have a system that currently is hosting Win XP 32 Prof, Vista 64 Ultimate, and a RC of Win 7 64 Ultimate. I want to upgrade the Win XP partition to Win XP 64 Prof. now. I remember when I first set up this multibooting PC that it was important to install the XP partition first before the Vista partition. Do I have a problem now that I want to upgrade the XP to 64 bit and already have a working Vista partition? The Vista partition is my working partition, has my day to day working programs and data. Thanks for any advice, Jon JonK wrote: > I have a system that currently i...

USB3 and XP SP3
Does XP SP3 Home support USB3? To use an USB3 port, will you have to buy new devices; printer, keyboard and mouse etc? Thank you, David As of today; NO. XP Home or Pro would need new drivers and they would have to be supplied by the manufacturer of the add-in card Yes, all hardware would have to be new. Present motherboards with USB ports are not compatible with USB 3 - the port design is different. New motherboards are being released with USB 3 "titus12" <titus12@msn.com> wrote in message news:eyNNBWtmKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does XP S...