Using TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import a single sheet from exce

I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets of data.

I am trying to use a TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import 2 individual sheets
to seperate tables in access. (I have a seperate Macro for each sheet)

What is the correct "format" to identify the individual sheet in the Path?

As an example the file path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Monthly reporting\Monthy Reports for
Access Import.xls

One of the sheets is labled "Financial Data"  - How do I add this to the end
of the path so it imports this sheet?

The error I get is "not a valid path" if I try to add the sheet name to end
of the path

Thanks in advance,
Perry K
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:25:01 -0700, PerryK wrote:

> I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets of data.
>
> I am trying to use a TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import 2 individual sheets
> to seperate tables in access. (I have a seperate Macro for each sheet)
>
> What is the correct "format" to identify the individual sheet in the Path?
>
> As an example the file path is:
> C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Monthly reporting\Monthy Reports for
> Access Import.xls
>
> One of the sheets is labled "Financial Data"  - How do I add this to the end
> of the path so it imports this sheet?
>
> The error I get is "not a valid path" if I try to add the sheet name to end
> of the path
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Perry K

Use the Range argument.
Did you not read VBA help on the TransferSpreadsheet method?

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet  acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,
"MyTableName", "c:\FolderName\SpreadsheetName.xls", False, "Financial
Data!A3:A100"

The above will import Column A, rows 3 through 100.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

using forms

How Import Calendar from Palm III???
I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and addresses to Outlook 2000. Any suggestions? You need to install the Chapura PocketMirror software that is included on the Palm III CD - it is under Software IIRC. Once you do, go to http://www.chapura.com and download the free upgrade for the version that comes on the Palm CD. When you install the SW, ensure that you select to synch with the Outlook Calendar, not the Palm Desktop. >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and >addresses to O...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Advanced E-mail options
I can't find anything googling for this so can anybody point me at a help source. When sending a message, if I select "Set Importance" or "Set Sensitivity" from the "Advanced E-mail Options" dialog, what do the categories mean and what do they do? For example what is the difference between "Private" and "Confidential" and what different effects do they have? Thanks -- (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I'll answer 1/2 about the importance function. If you set as High, the recipient gets a red exclamation mark in a c...

Trapping Sheet selection
hello, I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects another sheet in Excel In a Class module I use Private WithEvents mWk As Excel.Workbook Sub mWk_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub Private Sub mWk_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub But so far, the event does not fire (although it does in VBA) Please help Avi avi explained on 8/11/2010 : > hello, > > I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects > anothe...

Why can't I re-import a registry file created by RegSaveKey(...) under Win 9x?
Hello: I was trying to save a registry key to a file say, "mykey" with help of RegSaveKey(...) [not RegSaveKeyEx(...)]. The file can be re-imported with "Regedit" under WinXP if it is produced under Win XP. But for the same program running under Win 98/95, the files created under these OSs cannot be re-imported. These files cannot be re-imported under WinXP. Can anyone tell me why? The exerpted code is listed below: .... char szSubKey[_MAX_FNAME]; char FileName[_MAX_FNAME]; long rc = 0; HKEY hKey; sprintf(szSubKey, "Software\Mykey"); sprintf(FileName,...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Sheet deletion
Hi, I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it doesn't prompt me to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel prompt me for workbook sheet deletion? Thanks. Mitch Mitch, Somehow, the DisplayAlerts property got set to False. Open the VBA Editor (ALT+F11), then open the Immediate Window (CTRL+G), and enter the following: Application.DisplayAlerts = True and press Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16...