using access as a content management system for documents

Hello got a question for you all,

I am using access to create a content management solution.

initially it seems pretty easy

i would create a table for each type of document template. and the
fields in the table would be the different sections within the
template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with
those specific sections in the document.

basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in
the correct order and export that to a word document.

here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold
letter and different colors.. is there anyway i can include bullet
points and text formating into a data cell within access?

if anyone knows of a better way for me to do this please let me know.

Thanks,
0
mithu
1/21/2008 7:49:31 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I haven't looked at it in any detail, but I know Arvin Meyer has a Document
Management System demo at http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html. You
might want to see whether it's applicable.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"mithu" <mithu81@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello got a question for you all,
>
> I am using access to create a content management solution.
>
> initially it seems pretty easy
>
> i would create a table for each type of document template. and the
> fields in the table would be the different sections within the
> template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with
> those specific sections in the document.
>
> basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in
> the correct order and export that to a word document.
>
> here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold
> letter and different colors.. is there anyway i can include bullet
> points and text formating into a data cell within access?
>
> if anyone knows of a better way for me to do this please let me know.
>
> Thanks,

0
Douglas
1/21/2008 7:52:43 PM
On Jan 21, 12:52=A0pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> I haven't looked at it in any detail, but I know Arvin Meyer has a Documen=
> Management System demo athttp://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html. You
> might want to see whether it's applicable.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>
> "mithu" <mith...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello got a question for you all,
>
> > I am using access to create a content management solution.
>
> > initially it seems pretty easy
>
> > i would create a table for each type of document template. and the
> > fields in the table would be the different sections within the
> > template. the data in the fields would be the content this goes with
> > those specific sections in the document.
>
> > basically i would have a report that puts all the fields together in
> > the correct order and export that to a word document.
>
> > here is my problem.. some of my data includes bullet points Bold
> > letter and different colors.. is there anyway i can include bullet
> > points and text formating into a data cell within access?
>
> > if anyone knows of a better way for me to do this please let me know.
>
> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the link,

This tool just stores the file name and location of the document.. I
am trying to create a content management system that actually allows
you to edit data within specific sections of a word doc.
0
mithu
1/21/2008 8:19:08 PM
How about storing document fragments, complete with formatting, as OLE
objects in the database. Then you could assemble them into docs with
automation from Access to Word.
--
TedMi

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Somebody else accessing exchange mailbox ?
A member of staff has reason to believe that his/her email has been accessed by another party. They insist that nobody else knows their username/password. Is it possible to log access to the mailbox, maybe by IP address for example ? any ideas much appreciated. Thanks in advance Gary D Almost impossible to do. An event 1013 is logged when someone accesses another person's mailbox but there are lots of valide reasons for a 1013. So even if you noticed it happening then it would not carry much wait. Also, if the password is secret how would they be accessing it? Checking permiss...

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

Delegate access to subfolders
I need to have a delegate to my Inbox see the subfolders of my Inbox. I have followed all the steps I can find to set this up, but still the subfolders are not there. My last resort is to go to each subfolder and add the username there, but that is ridiculous. There has to be a better way. Environment: Exch 2000, Outlook 2000 C/W installation ...