Updating table from a report query

I'm tracking production gate for several departments.  I want to set one of
three switch in a tblGoals for a specific departmetn based on a calculated
value in a report query.  The thresholds are .10, .50 and .75 there are also
three cutoff dates in a table called tblGateDates.

I pass the NRS (department), NCOPercent (the production goal), EndDate (gate
cutoff date), and the Gate (1, 2 or 3) which is the gate I'm trying to
determine the depart made or missed to a function.

Something not working right because near as I can tell based on message
boxes I've placed in the code I'm gettign information from the two tables.
If anyone know a better way or can tell me what I have messed up in the
syntax I would appreciate it.

Here is the code:

Public Function MadeGate(NRS As String, NCOPercent As Double, EndDate As
Date, Gate As Integer) As Integer
'....................................................................
' Name:     MadeGate
' Inputs:   NRS as String
'           NCOPercent as Double
'           EndDate As Date
'           Gate As Interger
' Returns:  Integer
' Author:   Mark Trainor
' Date:     13 Nov 2007
' Comment:  Accepts NCO Percent, EndDate, Gate makes comparision with
tblGateDates and returns an integer.
'....................................................................
On Error GoTo Err_MadeGate

Dim rst1        As DAO.Recordset
Dim rst2        As DAO.Recordset
Dim DB          As DAO.Database

Dim GatePercent As Double

Set DB = CurrentDb
Set rst1 = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT [GateCutOff] FROM tblGateDates",
dbOpenSnapshot)
Set rst2 = DB.OpenRecordset("SELECT [Workcenter_RSID], [StartDate], [G1],
[G2], [G3] FROM tblGoals WHERE ((([StartDate])=(Select CMStart From
tblGeneralData)))", dbOpenSnapshot)

Select Case Gate
  Case 1
    GatePercent = 0.1
  Case 2
    GatePercent = 0.5
  Case 3
    GatePercent = 0.75
End Select

With rst1
  .MoveFirst
  X = MsgBox("Value of GateDate = " & GateCutOff, vbOK, "System Request")

  Do Until rst1.EOF
    If EndDate <= GateDate Then
      rst2.FindFirst ("Workcenter_RSID = #" & NRS & "#")
      If rst2.NoMatch Then
        MadeGate = 2
        ElseIf NCOPercent >= GatePercent Then
              rst2.Edit
              Select Case Gate
                Case 1
                  rst2.Fields("G1").Value = 1
                Case 2
                  rst2.Fields("G2").Value = 1
                Case 3
                  rst2.Fields("G3").Value = 1
              End Select
              rst2.Update
              MadeGate = 1
              Else
                Select Case [Gate]
                  Case 1
                    rst2.Fields("tblGoals.[G1]").Value = 0
                  Case 2
                    rst2.Fields("G2").Value = 0
                  Case 3
                    rst2.Fields("G3").Value = 0
                End Select
                rst2.Update
            End If
      End If
  rst1.MoveNext
  Loop
End With

Exit_MadeGate:
Exit Function

Err_MadeGate:
Select Case Err
  Case Else
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_MadeGate
End Select

End Function

Thanks

Mark
--
Mark H. Trainor
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Problem with Script Updating

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Report problem
I have this report that shows all receipts from any given client. The total outstanding balance is then tallied in the report. For some, the total outstanding balance is $0. In this case, I don't want that person to show up in the report. Is there a way to omit them? I know I could do it it in the underlying query, but the only way I know to do it requires totaling everything in the query, which would eliminate the ability to show each receipt individually on the report. Thanks! Create a totals query that calculates the balance by client. Then add this totals query to your re...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Historical Inventory Trial Balance Report
Hi, Has anyone tried to use the Historical Inventory Trail Balance Report yet? I tried to execute the Historical Inventory Trial Balance Inventory Reset Tool Wizard and Run Data Checks. However, the IV HITB Reset Tool Validation Report printed the following to each of my Items: "Serial/Lot tracked item's receipt layer adjusted unit cost does not equal unit cost." "Open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." Problem is, I can't proceed to the next setp until I solve these error messages. Any suggestions how to solve th...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Update question

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

putting data into multiple tables
Using Access 2002 and would like to enter data into form which will then send to fields in multiple tables and update them. Can this be done and how need basic explanation Why do you want to send the data to different Tables? If The Tables all belong to the same Database. ie you're not dealing with different back-end systems, you probably have a serious normalization problem. Data should normally only have to be in one table in a relational database. Pieter "Phillipa" <Phillipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994354EC-1216-4EEB-9CA9-D9F0880B03C5@mic...

Dynamic Menu update

Count distinct lines in a report
Hi all I have a simple Access report that lists work order numbers, along with various information against this order number. An individual order number may appear more than once in this report. I would like at thge bopttom of the report, the number of different work order numbers in the report. I am trying to build an expression / formula to do this, but am struggling a bit. Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way. DominicB Are the work order numbers all printing together in the report in one location or are they scattered around the report? John Spencer Acce...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

Searching database for name of table or parts thereof?
Hi there, I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can be difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables for a table name or parts thereof. How can I do that? I looked for it, but could not come up with an approach. Thank you for your help. On Mar 3, 4:14=A0pm, FSPH <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can b= e > difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables f= or > a table name or parts thereof. http://databases.aspfa...

Multiple Pivot Tables?
Am I able to have two different pivot tables in the same worksheet? What I am doing is I made a timesheet and we have one pivot table that counts up the Service Type and sums the Time. I now want a separate pivot table that will give me the Job Number and the total time associated with that particular job. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! ...