Updated records in forms

Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc.
 I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record.
Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009.  Record 2's week ending date is
Nov 20, 2009.

When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1.
Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date?

Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct
week ending date for each record.  If so, how would I be able to accomplish
this?

Thanks for your input.
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Take a look at the control source for the field containing the date.
It sounds like you may have the field unbound which will accept a
value but will not change based on the changing the current record. If
the ControlSource is blank, you need to update this to show the field
name for the corresponding field in your data table.

HTH

0
techrat

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Events to "Trap" Incomplete Record Creation?
I have the following scenario that's causing a problem: (1) Joe CluelessUser is adding a new record to a database through a form. (2) He fills in some fields, then gets distracted by something else, with the form and the incomplete (still missing some required fields) new record on his screen. (3) Quitting time rolls around, and Joe C has never completed his new record. He logs off and goes home, and his new record goes into byte heaven because of the missing required data. (4) Two weeks later, Joe C goes looking for his record, finds it ain't there, and beats me up because my d...

latest update too MSCFV2

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

Set date range and filter results via form/menu for Report Preview
I created a form to use as a "print menu" for a report. You can select the date range (txtStartDate and txtStopDate). I have this part of the code working. However, I also need to be able to filter based on the job flag: [Flag] with value of 1, 2 or 3-- OR show all (still applying the date range). I created a list box on the form and named it [ReportFilter]. It's bound to the first column (hidden) with 0 for All, 1, 2 and 3 to correspond with the Flag names. I can't figure out how to get All records to show on top of not being able to incorporate with the above date range. H...

Determing active form to process function
I suppressed the Ctl-P shortcut by creating a ^p autokey macro that does nothing. Now I want Ctl-P to execute a function if a specific form is open and do nothing otherwise. I added a condition to the macro that if the active from is Data Entry ([Screen].[ActiveForm].[Name]="Data Entry"), it should run the function and the next command is StopMacro. The function runs correctly if the active form is Data Entry, but it returns the error "The Object you referenced in the Visual Basic Procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE Object" if the screen the user is on is ...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Filtering a Form 03-08-10
I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" equals "Open". Could someone please let me know if there is a way to do this and if so, how? Thanks in advance for any help! Aaron On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:29:01 -0800, Aaron wrote: > I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I > would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" > equals "O...

Returning top 5 records of a large table
I have a very large table called Service: CREATE TABLE [Service] (ServiceID int, ClientID int, TimeIn datetime) I want to return the last 5 records entered in the table. Basically: SELECT TOP 5 ServiceID, ClientID, TimeIn FROM [Service] ORDER BY TimeIn DESC But this is very inefficient with high IO. The problem is ServiceID is not necessarily contiguous and I don't know the date range of the last 5 services, so I don't have a good candidate for a WHERE clause. Any ideas how to improve this query? Thanks, Dave David, An index on TimeIn would hel...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...