update two tables with one form

Hi,

I am creating a new database and ideally would like one form only to enter
the relevant data, but that means it has to update two or more tables from
that. Is that possible?

Thanks

Christina
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Yes, but you need to explain your data structure a bit.  In a relational
database, you can have several different types of relationships.

What does your form do?  If you have a form that adds customers, then it
would probably just update one table.  If you then want to add products to
your database, that would probably be a separate form.

Now, when it comes time to sell a product, you would most likely open a form
where your invoice data was on the main form (and creates a record in your
invoice table) and your items sold on that invoice are part of a subform
(which creates other records in your invoice details table).

In order to answer your question, we'd need to know exactly what you are
doing and the structure of your tables.

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

"Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new database and ideally would like one form only to enter
> the relevant data, but that means it has to update two or more tables from
> that. Is that possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christina

0
RBear3
5/17/2007 3:54:41 PM
"Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new database and ideally would like one form only to enter
> the relevant data, but that means it has to update two or more tables from
> that. Is that possible?

Depending on how the tables are related, probably.  You can try to create an
updatable query and work from that, or you can use a form with a subform,
which can be edited so that it is not apparent that the subform is not just
one more part of the form.

HTH;

Amy

0
Amy

Update for MS Money 2005?

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Two different outlook programs on my desktop?
Can I have two different outlook mail programs running on my desktop using two different servers (Xplornet-satelight system, and Sympatico-dialup)? If I can, do I have to download the second Outlook, or how do I get another blank Outlook to start from scratch with for my new email address? My husband and I need two different accounts and would like to have both using Outlook. If this means anything, I am using Vista. Would it work if I switch to another user name/profile when I log onto my computer? That would be very easy then... Thanks, Ann -- gouligann no, yo...

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Problem with Script Updating

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Adding two fields together
Does anyone have a solution how can I manage the following: Basic setup: Custom entity with many nvarchar attributes. I created a custom view and selected a filter and the fields I want to have. (I need to export those to Excel-sheet) The problem is that lets say I have attributes A and B, which are ofcourse shown as different fields in the view. What I want is to have them in the same cell in Excel (when I do export) and not in two different columns. Is there any easy way to achieve this without touching the entity itself? (or do I have to create a custom attribute C and some java script On...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Multiple Pivot Tables?
Am I able to have two different pivot tables in the same worksheet? What I am doing is I made a timesheet and we have one pivot table that counts up the Service Type and sums the Time. I now want a separate pivot table that will give me the Job Number and the total time associated with that particular job. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! ...

Searching database for name of table or parts thereof?
Hi there, I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can be difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables for a table name or parts thereof. How can I do that? I looked for it, but could not come up with an approach. Thank you for your help. On Mar 3, 4:14=A0pm, FSPH <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can b= e > difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables f= or > a table name or parts thereof. http://databases.aspfa...

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...