Update textbox on form

The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", 
the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in 
the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the 
price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the 
table "RepairProducts".

"Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
    On Error Resume Next

    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery

End Sub"

"Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate

    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")

    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")

Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
    Exit Sub

Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate

End Sub"

The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into 
cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if 
however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even the 
one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox "Sell".

I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct = 
Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - but 
I would like to keep it if possible.

How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?

Sandy


 

0
Sandy
12/28/2007 7:49:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
571 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

Once you "pre-set" the value of the combo programatically, simply call its 
AfterUpdate.

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate


I believe the requery is unnecessary. Setting the rowsource automatically 
refills/requeries the combo. (Even so, I'd think you would want to Requery 
it before setting it to ItemData(0), not after).


-- 
HTH,
George



"Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:13B6FA9E-0149-4029-AB77-D1DCE4CF8F87@microsoft.com...
> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", 
> the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value 
> in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to 
> the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from 
> the table "RepairProducts".
>
> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"
>
> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>
>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>
> End Sub"
>
> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into 
> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if 
> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even 
> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox 
> "Sell".
>
> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct = 
> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - 
> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>
> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>
> Sandy
>
>
>
> 


0
George
12/28/2007 8:35:17 PM
Hi Sandy,
I assume you have some code on the AfterUpdate event for cboRepProduct that 
sets the value of txtbox Sell.
Change the following code as indicated:

> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"

 "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
    On Error Resume Next

    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"

    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
    Call Me.cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()

 End Sub"

Jeanette Cunningham





"Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:13B6FA9E-0149-4029-AB77-D1DCE4CF8F87@microsoft.com...
> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", 
> the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value 
> in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to 
> the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from 
> the table "RepairProducts".
>
> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>
> End Sub"
>
> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>
>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>
> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>
> End Sub"
>
> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into 
> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if 
> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even 
> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox 
> "Sell".
>
> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct = 
> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - 
> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>
> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>
> Sandy
>
>
>
> 


0
Jeanette
12/28/2007 8:43:49 PM
Perfect George

Thank you
Sandy

"George Nicholson" <GeorgeNJunk@Junkmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:ub6UrEZSIHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Once you "pre-set" the value of the combo programatically, simply call its 
> AfterUpdate.
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>
>
> I believe the requery is unnecessary. Setting the rowsource automatically 
> refills/requeries the combo. (Even so, I'd think you would want to Requery 
> it before setting it to ItemData(0), not after).
>
>
> -- 
> HTH,
> George
>
>
>
> "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:13B6FA9E-0149-4029-AB77-D1DCE4CF8F87@microsoft.com...
>> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform 
>> "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also 
>> sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in 
>> the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in 
>> cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts".
>>
>> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & 
>> _
>>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & 
>> _
>>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>>
>>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into 
>> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if 
>> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even 
>> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox 
>> "Sell".
>>
>> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct = 
>> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - 
>> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>>
>> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>>
>> Sandy
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> 
0
Sandy
12/28/2007 8:47:35 PM
Thanks Jeanette - pretty much the same suggestion as George - so it must be 
the answer ;-)

Sandy

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:#UdZ2JZSIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi Sandy,
> I assume you have some code on the AfterUpdate event for cboRepProduct 
> that sets the value of txtbox Sell.
> Change the following code as indicated:
>
>> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & 
>> _
>>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & 
>> _
>>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>>
>> End Sub"
>
> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>    On Error Resume Next
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _
>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & _
>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>
>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>    Call Me.cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>
> End Sub"
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
>
>
>
>
> "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:13B6FA9E-0149-4029-AB77-D1DCE4CF8F87@microsoft.com...
>> The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform 
>> "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also 
>> sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in 
>> the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in 
>> cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts".
>>
>> "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error Resume Next
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & 
>> _
>>        " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value & "' " & 
>> _
>>        " ORDER BY RepProduct;"
>>
>>    Me.cboRepProduct = Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)
>>    Me.cboRepProduct.Requery
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> "Private Sub cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate()
>>    On Error GoTo Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate
>>
>>    Me!Sell = DLookup("SellPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>>    Me!Buy = DLookup("BuyPrice", "RepairProduct", "RepProduct = '" & 
>> Nz([cboRepProduct], 0) & "'")
>>
>> Exit_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    Exit Sub
>>
>> Err_cboRepProduct_AfterUpdate:
>>    MsgBox Err.Description
>>    Resume Exit_ProductID_AfterUpdate
>>
>> End Sub"
>>
>> The problem is that if a user accepts the default value inserted into 
>> cboRepProduct, then the price is not inserted into textbox "Sell", if 
>> however the user selects the drop-down menu and selects any value (even 
>> the one that was default) the correct price is inserted into textbox 
>> "Sell".
>>
>> I know that I can simply delete the line - 'Me.cboRepProduct = 
>> Me.cboRepProduct.ItemData(0)' from the "cboCatName_AfterUpdate" event - 
>> but I would like to keep it if possible.
>>
>> How can I force the "Sell" textbox to be filled otherwise?
>>
>> Sandy
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> 
0
Sandy
12/28/2007 8:54:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

updating sheets based on data in first sheet
Another payroll question, I have a workbook that contains 26 sheets, one for each bi-weekl payroll period. I would like to set it up so when i add a new employe the rest of the sheets also update automatically with that employee name and information. I have been able to acheive this to a limited degree using th =sheet1!a1 formula, but this only updates the info in the first cel and particularly the first column. I would like to acheive this using the first sheet, since at th end of the year I would like to be able to calculate ytd figure easily. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Update for MS Money 2005?
I have Money 2005. Is there an update to MS Money for Canadian users? Thanks in advance for any answers. We need a bit more information! Are you having problems with M2005 or is this just a post-Christmas/New Year random query when you are trying to get away from the in-laws? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E86EAB89-21DE-4505-ACAD-647278D736BD@microso...

Problem with Script Updating
I am using a script to update the “1099 Type” field for Master Vendor table. The script basically is a basic if-then statement. This script is run “Before Document Commit” and it’s not updating correctly, its flip-flopping the results. When the script is set to run Before Document Commit I have the “Destination mapping” field “1099 Type” set to “Use Script”. Script below: If SourceFields("Send 1099") = "N" Then DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 1 Else DestinationFields("Options.1099 Type").Value = 4 End If I have also tried this s...

Microsoft Update only updates Windows Defender
iacrosoft Update only updates Windows Defender - I have to use Belarc Advisor to get a list of missing updates, and then go to the Microsoft Download Center to search for the missing updates and download and install them one at a time. I have Windows XP Home SP3, with Microsoft Update set to automatic download - can anyone tell me why I do not get all the necessary upadtes? Is this a sudden, new problem? When was Automatic Updates last working? Can you update manually via http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com? Any chance you've got a beta build of WinXP SP3 installed? What...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates
I created a newsletter yesterday - everything fine - use Publisher all the time. Then an automatic update came down this morning and I can't open the file - it says "Publisher cannot open file" Other documents in Publisher are opening - any ideas? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972566/ -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8754339B-99DC-4D09-83AD-6B34D8215274@microsoft.com... >I created a newsletter yesterday - everythin...

Update question
Soory if this is the wrong place to ask this, but cannot find a NG proper to Windows 7. I currently run Windows Vista and am getting tired of Vista's decision to tell me that it is going to shut down in less than a minute. So have decided to upgrade to Windows &. I note that I can purchase an upgrade versiom for 64 quid from Amazon or an apparently full version of Windows 7 Home premium for 89 quid. My question is this - If I buy the upgrade version will I only be able to load it on a new PC in the future if I already have windows Vista installed? i.e For any future cl...

Outlook 2003 died mysteriously after update
Setup in a nutshell... System: Lenovo T500 laptop OS: Vista Business SP1 32-bit Software: Office Outlook 2003 SP3 Problem... So I'm using this setup for over a year, everything OK. Yesterday I did two things and now Outlook dies (quietly, sans error message) immediately after startup. It show the splash screen, displays my inbox, and *poof* disappears. What I did earlier... 1. Windows Update installed: KB9766662, KB979306, KB979099, KB975929 2. At the same time, while searching for another program to uninstall I stumbled upon (and uninstalled) Windows LIVE Toolbar and...

How update entity in post update?
I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive post callout. Can somebody help me? Thank you for pay attention []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated and then act appropriately. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius ...

Cannot install update KB979906 for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
Running : Windows XP media center edition SP3 Have tried installing KB979906 a few times and also downloaded update manually but cannot install this update. Receiving error 0x643.Is it safe to uninstall the .NET Framework 1.1 and re-install as possibly corrupt , without having to uninstall/re-install all other .NET frameworks 2 , 3 and 3.5 including the updates that go with them? .. Hello sherlockomes, you might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help with the error 80070643. <http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error...

Print record once, update Yes/No field verifiying print
I would like to print a group of records, then have a Yes/No field [Printed] updated in my Jobs table with an update query showing the records were printed. Then next time the report runs, In my query criteria I will test for True values on the Yes/No field. Then only the records with the Yes/No field marked No will print. Any suggestions? Thanks Tommyboy,there's more to this question than meets the eye. For an explanation of what's involved, see: Has the record been printed? at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-72.html The article includes a free sample database that dem...

latest update too MSCFV2
Hi, I have MSCFV2 version 6.5.7825.0. Could someone inform me if this is the latest download? Looks like you have 6.5.7825.0 from 05/21/2006, but there is a newer version - 6.5.7831.0 from 06/01/2006. C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 04:25:02 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have MSCFV2 version 6.5.7825.0. Could someone inform me if this is the >latest download? Christopher Smith csmith@ensotech.com Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com Also - meant to post this in t...

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update
Hi All, I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying to do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used. But how do I do it from another function? Thanks Your "other function" should change some setting. In your ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler, you should check that setting and call SetCheck as needed. -------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's response, this page may help you: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6kc4d8f...

Image map in a form
Hi, I am trying to create a seating application for a theater. I already created a chart in Excel for every seat. I can save it as an image and use as the background for my form. I want to create a chart/form where the user clicks on a seat and a new form pops up with that section showing the names of each person who bought that seat. This way they can graphically see which seats are empty, and who is seated where. The problem is that there are over 500 seats!! I could make 500 tiny text boxes over the image, and have their Click events coded, but that would make me los...

online updates for money2003(not updating)
Money gets its updates from spcomstock.com and the server has moved to a new site. The default site that money provides has to be changed. At this time I don't know how to do this. If I find out how to do this I will Post it. ...

Payroll Update
HI all, We are running GP 7.5. I installed SP7 and the July 2005 tax update for CDN payroll. Now out payroll administrator gets an error message: 'The modified version of P_Payroll registry is missing'. How do I fix this problem Thanks -- Henry ...

[ANN] Excel X security update
Hi All, A security update for Excel X was also released today: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/officex/ExcelX_Security_1017.xml&secid=5&ssid=17&flgnosysreq=Tru e Or at least: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire ...

Set date range and filter results via form/menu for Report Preview
I created a form to use as a "print menu" for a report. You can select the date range (txtStartDate and txtStopDate). I have this part of the code working. However, I also need to be able to filter based on the job flag: [Flag] with value of 1, 2 or 3-- OR show all (still applying the date range). I created a list box on the form and named it [ReportFilter]. It's bound to the first column (hidden) with 0 for All, 1, 2 and 3 to correspond with the Flag names. I can't figure out how to get All records to show on top of not being able to incorporate with the above date range. H...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?
Microsoft, can we get an update on the login issue please???? It's been a whole day since we heard from Russ last. Err, Russ sent 2 updates today. Subject line = "File Lock Update" Hope you can find them. "shan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6bef01c475b3$3e7d6ea0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Microsoft, can we get an update on the login issue > please???? It's been a whole day since we heard from > Russ last. >-----Original Message----- Look again, he posted 2 yesterday, we are still waiting for something today...

Determing active form to process function
I suppressed the Ctl-P shortcut by creating a ^p autokey macro that does nothing. Now I want Ctl-P to execute a function if a specific form is open and do nothing otherwise. I added a condition to the macro that if the active from is Data Entry ([Screen].[ActiveForm].[Name]="Data Entry"), it should run the function and the next command is StopMacro. The function runs correctly if the active form is Data Entry, but it returns the error "The Object you referenced in the Visual Basic Procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE Object" if the screen the user is on is ...

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Filtering a Form 03-08-10
I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" equals "Open". Could someone please let me know if there is a way to do this and if so, how? Thanks in advance for any help! Aaron On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 12:29:01 -0800, Aaron wrote: > I have a form called "frmBFEaction" writing to a table called "Entries", I > would like to filter the form to only show the records where field "status" > equals "O...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...