update text box in current form

Hi,

On a continuous form I've a textbox where users should put a link to a
file.

The users can type the path and filename but I want to make it more
user-friendly by adding a button (which opens a file dialog) next to
the textbox.

But when I put the value in the textbox all the textboxes on the form
have this value.

How to give only the current record this value?

0
HDI
11/8/2007 2:41:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Did you bind the textbox to a field?
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"HDI" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On a continuous form I've a textbox where users should put a link to a
> file.
>
> The users can type the path and filename but I want to make it more
> user-friendly by adding a button (which opens a file dialog) next to
> the textbox.
>
> But when I put the value in the textbox all the textboxes on the form
> have this value.
>
> How to give only the current record this value?

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

Tallying selections from adrop-down box
I am trying to creat a report or query that will tally the results from a drop down box. my database allows my employees to inform me of the outcome of a phone call placed. There are 8 different possible outcomes to a phone call in the drop down list. I want to be able to calculate how many of each outcome was selected in the whole list. I can have the outcomes displayed either as a number or text in the table. For Example: Name ID Phone Call Outcome Jane Doe ****** (999) 555-1234 No Answer John Doe ****** (999) 555-2345 Lef...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Locking a text box?
Hello ... I have a text box on the right side of my document. My problem is that it moves depending on the remaining text. Can I in any way lock the box so that it will always be in the same place no matter how the remaining text forms themselves. Thanks in advance, Rasmus Make sure to position the text box relative to the page edges, not relative to text paragraphs. For more specific instructions, tell us your version of Word. Note that regardless of the chosen Text Wrapping option, if the paragraph containing the text box anchor moves to the following page, so will the...

Update question

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

How update entity in post update?

Combo box show as text box
I have several forms that have Combo Box fields that I have set to Enabled=no, Locked=yes. On the form even though its not selectable it shows the dropdown selector on the right side of the box. Is there a way to hide the dropdown selector to make it just look like a text box? Thanks for any imput. ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Is it possible to make a box and whisker plot (box plot) in Excel.
I can't figure out a way to do it using just the Chart Wizard. Hi, Maybe Jon's page(s) on the subject may help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "rfsp" <rfsp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49729C95-E66F-4FE4-96AD-B64B88ECD6B9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out a way to do it using just the Chart Wizard. Now that I've joined, I see this was just answered a couple of days ago. Sorry for the repeat question. Please ignore. "rfsp"...

Assigning value to text box in a form
Hello there, I'm trying to assign a value to a text box. I thought that would have been pretty easy but I keep getting an error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object" This is the simple code that I've been using to do so Me.txtTotalAmount.Value = "123" Any idea on what I could modify the codes to make it work? Thanks, Bruno. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 How about Me.txtTotalAmount = "123" Bob "brunogrd via AccessMonster.com" <u34397@uwe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update

text formatting problems
I receive spreadsheets from remote site support staff containing Ethernet addresses in a column. Often these are entered with spaces, hyphens, etc. between each pair. However, I need them to be 12 character strings, no spaces or other chars. The column is formatted as text, and I do a replace on the problem character. This works unless the address could be interpreted as an exponent; i.e 00-50-04-82-1E-20 becomes 5.00E+26 when I replace the hyphens with nothing. In addresses that do not contain alpha chars, the leading zeros are dropped. Has anyone else seen this? How do you get aroun...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...