Unhide query

Hi
I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back
and I don't know how. Can you help?
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active
== Select Tools: Options
== Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects
== Click OK
== Go to the Queries tab
== Find your query and click on it and select properties
== uncheck Hidden and click ok

In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so
show hidden objects.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Eva wrote:
> Hi
> I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back
> and I don't know how. Can you help?
0
John
1/6/2010 5:33:28 PM
Which version of Access are you using?

--
Lynn Trapp

"Eva" wrote:

> Hi
> I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back
> and I don't know how. Can you help?
> --
> Greatly appreciated
> Eva
I am using Access 2003
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"Lynn Trapp" wrote:

> Which version of Access are you using?
>
> --
> Lynn Trapp
>

> "Eva" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back
> > and I don't know how. Can you help?
> > --
> > Greatly appreciated
> > Eva
Works, thank you!
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active
> == Select Tools: Options
> == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects
> == Click OK
> == Go to the Queries tab
> == Find your query and click on it and select properties
> == uncheck Hidden and click ok
>
> In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so
> show hidden objects.
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> Eva wrote:
> > Hi
> > I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back
> > and I don't know how. Can you help?
> .

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

ranking a query or report
I have a report that ranks plyers based on the winning percentage. I just have a running sum so it adds 1 to each name. The problem is this does not work when I use the report as a sub-report to show the teams and players. What I am looking for is this. A report that shows each team and their record as well as the players on that tteam and their record. and what those players rank in the entire league. I currently have everything but the last part. What happens is when the original report shows as the sub-report, I only get the rank on the team. so each team has players ranked 1 throug...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

MS Access 2003: Wild Cards Characters in Parameter Queries
Does a method exist to get a parameter query to return all records matching a particular criteria? In example, a parameter query prompts for "Manager Last Name?". Normally you would answer "Doe" and get all results for manager with the last name of "Doe". Is there anything I can answer to this prompt that would return all managers? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:31:03 -0800, Darrell <Darrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does a method exist to get a parameter query to return all records matching a >particular criteria? In example, a pa...

dao select query problem in mfc C++
hi, i'm using dao for the first time to connect to a MS Access db. I've been following the MS example for a very basic query. This is the MS example: The following code shows the process of creating a recordset from a querydef: // pdb is a pointer to an open CDaoDatabase object try { // Construct the querydef CDaoQueryDef qd( pdb ); // Set up the SQL string and create the querydef CString strSQL = _T("SELECT [Company Name] FROM Publishers WHERE State = 'NY'"); qd.Create( _T("My Querydef"), strSQL ); // Construct a CDaoRec...

Querying registry key...
I want to query the following key in the registry which is a REG_DWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0\~MHz I have the following code but it isn't working quite right: char buffer[20]; long Return; Return = static_cast<long>(sizeof(buffer[100])); HKEY hKey; RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\Sys tem\CentralProcessor\0" , 0, KEY_READ, &hKey); RegQueryValue(hKey, "~MHz",buffer, &Return); RegCloseKey(hKey); CString msg; msg.Format(_T("The value is %s"), buffer); Afx...

Weekly Crosstab Query 03-28-07
I am currently working on a small database project that is very basic. We are basically tracking the usage of our 3 internet cafe's. Each user is required to sign the sheet when they login, as well as when they log out. We take this info and enter into acces, that way we can create reports to better understand how everything is being utilized. Currently I have been using a few crosstab queries to get info per each direct report. I have used the wizard to create a query for monthly, yearly, and Quarterly. Now my question would be, what would I need to do to modify a query to...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

Combining query and table
Well, I have a table with fields like Quantity Borrowed and Quantity Returned. I have a query with a field QuantityAvailable which is calculated based on some formula... So, problem is I want to build a subform consists of this table and query together yet user can enter themselves the QuantityReturned and next field is the QuantityAvailable showed... How? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hey! Thanks for the idea... But, I have created the query and appended it in my form. It can works but it cannot automatically update as I enter the value in other fields.Any solution f...

Queries-Based Distribution group
Hello Everyone, Is it possible to use Queries-Based Distribution group functionnality in environment builded from Windows 2000 Activer Director and MS Exchange 2003 ? If nof, how I can deny users from my exchange organization send emails to all users in me organization ? Please, advice me Rgds, Robert Robert: I have never tried this combination to get QB distribution groups to work, but I think you can. Here is a really good article that explains their usage: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Query_Based_Distribution_Groups.html You can always restrict the maximum number...

Parameter Queries in Crosstab Query
I created a parameter query, and then I created a crosstab query based on the first parameter query. I keep getting an error message that says: "The Microsoft Office Access database engine does not recognize '[start date]' as a valid field name or expression." In more detail: I created a query where I have a pop up parameter box that asks for the start date and another asking for the end date. The parameter is written in the criteria as follows: Between [start date mm/dd/yyyy] and [end date mm/dd/yyyy] When I run the query, the parameter query works beau...

Sum of a UNION Query
Hello, I want to sum the values together that are returned from the following two queries joined with a UNION from within the same query (instead of creating a second query that will SUM the two values that are produced from this one). I tried "wrapping" this code within a SELECT SUM, but it returns with "this is not allowing in subqueries". SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE1] WHERE (([TABLE1].USER)="JOHNSMITH") UNION ALL SELECT Count(*) AS SubCount FROM [TABLE2] WHERE (([TABLE2].USER)="EJONES"); The results are: SubCount -------------- 380 45...

unhide fails everytime
I have a macro that hides all columns and rows with no data in them. To re-edit the thing and fill in the data, I have to unhide those rows and columns. I've got the unhide help screen staring me in the face. if I GOTO a1 and choose unhide from the format menu NADA if I select b2-> right click and unhide NADA select B1 format->unhide NADA.. excel 2003. What am I missing ? -- more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html First, I don't see an Unhide option under the Format dropdown. Are you looking at Format|sheet|unhide, format|column|Unhide, format|Row|unhide??? ...

Unhiding Sheets
Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel? yes -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "venita" <venita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE61F56-D195-4195-8188-4473F3E31091@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel? venita, it is with a macro, like this Sub UnHideAll() 'unhide all sheets in a workbook Dim sht As Worksheet For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to ...

Query using two separate query totals
I'm trying to create a query using a table of user information and two separate queries with totaled hours over a period of time. Each separate query has a total number of hours used between a start date and end date. It is possible that a user can use hours from either query. I would like to be able to have the totals information from each hours query sorted by the contact's last name. I so far have the contact's Name, the total hours from one query, and the total hours from another query. When I run the query, it shows the information from the first query and c...

Web Query #9
Hallo, When we run a WebQuery (Data/Get External Data from Web) with URL http://www.abnamromarkets.nl/showpage.asp?N=0&pageid=125&instrategy=12, sometimes the translation is missing the decimal denominator. ING Turbo Long should have 9,205 EUR as Reference, but it appears in the cell as 9205. Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance. Tany.VanAerde@HERAEUS.com Probably a Yahoo problem but if you want to send you file to my address below I'll take a look. I do a lot of web query work for clients especially with Yahoo. BTW I'm a retired ING Reg Mgr. -- Don Guille...

Query
Hi. Let I have a table with the following rows ERP No. Name Code 5585 John 097 5585 John 098 5585 John 701 12210 Tom 153 12210 Tom 154 I want that each erpno record is shown in a single row with the code values separated by a comma ‘,’ as ERP No. Name Code 5585 John 097,098,701 12210 Tom 153,154 Regards, Muhammad Bilal On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:40:52 -0700, Muhammad Bilal <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >ERP No. Name Code >5585 John 097 >5585 John 098 >5585 John 701 >12210 Tom 153 >12210 T...

JOIN Query very slow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01CB0409.76FB2B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have the following Input tables Table1 Serial Item Date SerialandDate=20 123 Item1 01-04-2007 12339173=20 123 Item2 01-06-2010 12340330=20 234 Item1 01-10-2006 23438991=20 234 Item3 02-04-2010 23440270=20 234 Item2 01-01-2009 23439814=20 Table2 Serial Date SerialandDate=20 123 01-06-2010 12340330=20 234 02-04-2010 2...

Queries and Charts

MS-Query Alternative?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C35756.09101A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of an add-in alternative to connect to ODBC data = sources that provides more advanced features than MS-Query? MS-Query appears to have difficulty dealing with more advanced queries = where multiple table joins are required. I want to enable the criteria = options, but as soon as you get the message "Query cannot be presented = graphically, do you want to continue anyway?" and...

Unhide?
Using Money 2004 Standard... how do I unhide upcoming bills and deposits, when viewing checking register. I clicked a link to hide them, but there is no link to unhide them ... cashflow also gone in same hide. Thanks See http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=103. "Dasher" <nomail@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23UqiIJVIEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Using Money 2004 Standard... how do I unhide upcoming bills and deposits, > when viewing checking register. I clicked a link to hide them, but there is > no link to unhide them ... cashflow also gone in same hide. &...

data in queries
Hi! From a dataset I retrieve customer names and the products they have purchased: client name product name client 1 product a client 1 product b client 1 product c client 2 product b client 2 product d client 3 product a client 3 product e No problem. But how can I avoid the repetitions in the ClientName column: client name product name client 1 product a product b product c client 2 product b product d client 3 product a product e In Query View. I think in a Report this is done through Group By? Thanks ...

Query ???
Hi. Let Create table #temp1(erpnbr int, svpname varchar(50), dcode char(3), ucode char(3)) Create table #temp2(nbr char(13)) Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','001') Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','002') Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','003') Insert into #temp1 values(5599,'Tom','351','001') Insert into #temp1 values(5599,'Tom','351','002') Insert into #temp2 values('A352001') Insert into #temp2 values('A352...

Web query and special characters
Hello, I have a simple HTML data dump which has special characters: ������ In the HTML source I placed <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> When I download this table, all the accents are translated into unprintable characters. I know there are macros which remove these unprintable characters, but then the word in uncomplete c�digo gets downloaded as cädigo and cleaned up it turns into cdigo. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks This was fixed by changing the meta tag to <meta HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTE...