Unable to save a form or report in Access 2003.

Recently, I have been unable to save new forms and reports or make changes in
Access 2003.  I was able to in the past.  I can save changes to the tables
and queries.  I have permission checked.  Does anyone have any ideas?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It sounds as if you are working with an mde file instead of an mdb file.

Does this happen with only one database or any Access database you are using?
Does this happen if you create a new database?

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Jo wrote:
> Recently, I have been unable to save new forms and reports or make changes in
> Access 2003.  I was able to in the past.  I can save changes to the tables
> and queries.  I have permission checked.  Does anyone have any ideas?
0
John

Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)
I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different subject line. I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just replicate the first chart, then change the data series. I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format Axis, the first chart shows the following values und...

trial version--saving/converting
i downloaded the trial version, opened an old office 2000 database, but was not able to save or copy or really do anything with it. what's the point of the trial? or am i doing something wrong? secondly, is there any way for me to convert this old .mdb file into a .wdb file (since ms works database is the only database program that came with my new computer)? or am i going to be forced to buy ms office if i ever want to "access" this file again? Unlike other Office products, Access doesn't have a Save As option on the File menu. You opened a MDB file when you start...

Unable to open calendar

Design View vs Form View
In Access 2007, I have a graph in Design View which shows differently in Form View. In other words, the information that is plotted in the graph shows differently in the two views. Why is this? Thank you, Bill Bill, Your probably saying the design data displays an earlier design results, but the form view graph data is correct. The graphs have acted that way for the past Access versions as well. I think the Graphing in Access is borrowed from Excel, and does not update in design view as it should. One way around that, is to run the query behind the graph in des...

Showing conditional lines in report
Hi, I am working on an application that records employees hour sheets. Hours worked, sick days, hours taken off on personal leave. I have created reports where those hours are added per employee over a given period of time. Weekly, monthly or any given date range. In the details area I have some conditional lines in the report. Think around the lines of: If numer of hours worked < standard hours per week, calculate number and show message on line. These lines are situated below the actual hours worked and other totals line. The problem I have is that for the three lines that may contain...

any kenken puzzle forms available?
any kenken puzzle forms out there? ...

save a new number format for other worksheets
when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how do i save it Jerry Austin Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it? -- HTH Bob Phillips "JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D10DBC4-CE16-4185-A52F-E7305DE1B392@microsoft.com... > when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how > do i save it > Jerry Austin ...

unable to scroll the page

Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?
I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a worksheet as a jpg file. Can anyone tell me how? (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.) Many thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a worksheet. Copy the pictu...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

Running Total in report using net of two columns in third column
I have a client time/fees database of over 22k records. I have a report which provided a summary of all time booke and all fees charges to that client. What I require is two additional columns the first which provides a running total of time bookings and the second which provides a running total of the net of the time booked field less the fees charged field, i.e. the net of time bookings which have not been invoiced. I can do this in excel but in access I appear to be getting data from other clients which should not be included in the report. What type of field are you usin...

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

Addding notes and rating fields to a report
I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and the SRS. So far getting most of the data on the report has been pretty easy but I cant seem to get certain data on there. I would like to have columns available for the notes and also rating as of yet I have not been able to find them. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_666CDF65 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <xxdcmast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started experimenting with creating some reports using vb.net 2003 and > the SRS. > > So far getting mos...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?
Hi, I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility? Thanks a lot for your help, Maryam add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is You will not be able to run the form independant of ...

Bins on Pick Ticket Entered Form
Trying to figure this out. GP9.0 Pick Tick Entered Form Have a couple of Sites - 1 of which has Multiple Bins. The rest are single Bin sites. When generating the Pick Tick for a single site, the Bin Number shows. When generating for the multi bin site - nothing. The field is blank. The only way I see it is when we check Bin Sequenced and print that form. Problem is that our Pick Ticket Entered Form has been modified, and we are trying to avoid having a second identical form for one site. Help please!!! ...

Disabling Decimals in 'Quantity' field in 'Unit' Form
I am a new CRM customer and trying to set up a annual journal subcription system. As a part of setting up a product catalog, I created a unit, which, obliously has a 'Quantity' field. Since journals cannot have a decimal structure, I was under impression that it was going to be easy to change this field to a whole number only. Instead, I got 1.00000. I tried to follow the instructions and went to System Customization but Unit form is not listed there. Any help would be appreciated. Actually, you handle this with the product defintion. When you specify the PriceListItem values,...

Hyperlinks in 2003 version #3
My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Mike -- Cbravo212 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390311 Try downloading some updates from Adobe's web site. I use 7.0 and experie...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...