Two filters in a pivot table

I have a pivot table that I'd like to filter for two criteria like an OR
instead of an AND.
I have two fields for animal handlers, keeper 1 and keeper 2. They are
linked to a table called keeper ID.
Sample Records:
Animal Keeper1 Keeper2
Scooter Jane  Kim
Tilli       Kim Ellen
Cactus   Ellen Todd
I'd like to filter for which animals have been handled by keeper 1 OR keeper
2. So I'd like to see which animals Kim or Ellen have handled, resulting in
Scooter, Tilli, Cactus. Or which animals Kim or Jane have handled resulting
in Scooter, Tilli. The Pivot Table filters filter like an AND. Is there a way
to change that behavior?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

synchiing two computers?

How to split a table heading?
I would like to split a top left cell of a table diagonally so that the top triangle of the cell is the heading for the columns and the bottom triangle is the heading for the rows. Any Ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use Alt+Enter to split into two lines within the cell you will have to add your own spaces. -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "ykontou" <ykontou.yu4ha@excelforum-...

How Do I Automatically Refresh Auto Filtered Data?
I have a spreadsheet that is designed using a series of lookups to automatically populate. THere is a section that is auto filtered to return selected text; however, when the key data is changed the auto filter does not refresh to return the appropriate filtered data. Any suggestions? Greta, You said "key data" meaning, I think, that the lookup is in the column on which you're filtering. If the looked-up data changes, you'll have to reset the filter, then filter again. If this needs to be dynamic (reflect changes in the looked-up data automatically), an event-fire...

Pivot table in Excel 2007
Hello experts This pivot table has been created automatically in Excel 2007 : see the following link http://dl-1.free.fr/52616e646f6d495687b5f6522854b42d0ab1c5c335e8e7d2b3d67f4e6bf6721d/Pivottable2007template.xlsx In this pivot table, how, you experts, will you replace the row "Grand total" by a row "Difference" with a formula like Receipts - Expenses. Thanks for your help! Hi One way would be to have another column in the source data, called Expense2 with a formula =Expenses*-1 (replacing Expenses with the relevant cell reference) and copying down. Replace Expens...

Configuration Table not fully update when exporting new store data
After I create a new store database in HQ Manager, export the store database from HQ Admin, and then import the database into the Store Database on the POS I have noticed that only the StoreID is updated correctly. The Store Name, Address, Zip, State, and phone numbers are still set to my master database that I use as a template. This is getting annoying as I am setting up 50 stores. I tried to create a SQL Script to run on the POS in SSMS, which works EXCEPT for the zip code will not update and I do not understand why. The only thing I noticed is ZIP is varchar(15) not null in the S...

Excel 2007 : cannot shift cells in a filtered range or table
I have a user who has a filtered list. When she selected a particular value to filter she is unable to delete a row. She can do it fine when she deselects the value in the filter and selects anything else or completly removes the filter. The error she gets is cannot shift cells in a filtered range or table ...

Filtering a Number of Comboboxes Before Their Forms are Opened(?)
I'm trying to set up a "switch" in my db such that another office can get an updated front-end from me, and the first time they open the mdb, they can select their office, causing several cbos on various forms to change their rowsource (or change a criteria in their SQL) so that they don't have to weed thru so many choices. I've got a startup form with a cbo for selecting their office, and I've made it sticky, like it should be. But now, how to change what they see in the cbos on the other forms? -- Thanks, croy croy wrote: >I'm trying to set up a "s...

Setting default "filter" on LEADS (CRM 3.0)
Hey guys, I have CRM 3.0 installed on the server at our company. Currently, when you go to a LEAD, and click on Activities under the lead's sub menus, it defaults to the "30 Days Ahead" view. If possible, I would like to set the default view to "All". Where can I do this? I didn't see it under the Contact entity or the Activities entity in the customizations menu. Thanks!!! Todd Hi Todd, There is no supported customization. Here is a workaround by Michael. http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consu...

Unable to filter properly because of merged cells
Hi all, my name is Sebastiaan of Holland and i could sure use your help!!! Thanks for taking some of your time to give me some advice, very apreciated!!!! To summarize my problem: I want to export a huge database, and then start a macro on it which will select the data according to country and put it on different worksheets per country. However, the way the database is being exported out of Siebel Analytic, it is impossible for me to filter the countries as I THINK, the column in which the country is stated has been merged. More indepth: For my work I want to create a model where I...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Macro to Un Hide filtered rows
I have this Macro Sub Macro2() Const csPWORD As String = "123" ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("broker").Unprotect Password:=csPWORD ActiveSheet.ShowAllData ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("broker").Protect Password:=csPWORD End Sub I get a bug error if the sheet is already un filtered and the next step of protecting the sheet again doesn't happen. How do I change this to search first to see if the worksheet is filtered and if it is then proceed with the rest of the Macro. One option would be to ignore the error; Sub Macro2() Const c...

Bug? Chart filters are changing other charts
I discovered something today which appears to be a bug. I have 11 pivot tables on a page - all copies of each other with different filter selections. I have a PivotChart for each table showing the data sliced on different filter selections. They need to have a common format, so I created a chart template for the layout. However - for the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th charts, I have a problem. As soon as I apply the common template to the chart, the chart's PivotChart filters become directly linked to the first chart on the page. So, for example, if I apply the template, the fil...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

Criteria Filter
I have a database with a column that figures delinquent payment by how many months delinquent based on their last payment. now i am wanting to run a report where i tell it to give me a list that are 3 months delinquent but i want to be able to have a pop-up window to ask me 'by how many months' do i want to search. how do i put this in the criteria of my query? I have tried "> [type number]" but it does not give me correct results. if i just put in the criteria ">3" it gives me the right results but i want to be able to type in other month ...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

Pivot table manual AUTOSORT
My worksheet contains a pivot table field ASOF MONTH dropdown list to get data of monthly data 200101 ..... 200805 200806 then i press REFRESH of pivot table to retrieve newest data (i.e 200807) but the pivot table field still does not show the newest data in dropdown list (ie. asof month 200807) UNTIL i press the dropdown list 'fields setting' -> 'advanced' ->'Autosort' -> 'ascending' or 'descending'.... instead its original setting 'manual' i want to know why options 'manual' of AUTOSORT cannot refresh my ASOF MONTH dropdo...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...