Trying to add or save a record.

I tried this awhile back and gave up. Trying again.

I made a form with two tables, customers & calls.

When I enter the phone number from the customers table that exists it
populates the form the way I want it and I can save the form or add a new
record and I think it is saving it in the calls table.

If I enter a phone that doesn't exist and try to exit or enter a new record,
I get the following.

The microsoft jet database engine cannot find a record in the table
'customer' with key matching field(s) 'Phone#'.

What I am trying to do is save the form even though it doesn't find a
matching field.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Sounds like you have an enforced relationship between your customer and
calls tables.  You will have to save a record in the customer table with the
new phone number prior to trying to save a record in the calls table.

"James1954" <James1954@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried this awhile back and gave up. Trying again.
>
> I made a form with two tables, customers & calls.
>
> When I enter the phone number from the customers table that exists it
> populates the form the way I want it and I can save the form or add a new
> record and I think it is saving it in the calls table.
>
> If I enter a phone that doesn't exist and try to exit or enter a new
> record,
> I get the following.
>
> The microsoft jet database engine cannot find a record in the table
> 'customer' with key matching field(s) 'Phone#'.
>
> What I am trying to do is save the form even though it doesn't find a
> matching field.

0
Mark

Add Mailbox Error
Error trying to add a mailbox Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2000 When trying to add a mailbox (Right Click Mailbox > Properties > Advanced button > Advanced tab > Add button) we get this generic message: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" I was assuming it was a permissions issue and added Authenticated Users the Search right to the Server in Exchange Manager. However the issue still exists. Clicking the “Add” button immediately produces the error message. The Add Mailbox window never appears. Hi Joe First of all, that's an outlook...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

saving pub file as .htm or .html
I just reformatted my hard drive and re-loaded Office 2003. Previously before uploading to my host server I saved my file as htm or html file--now there doesnt seem to be that option in the "save as type" file...am I missing something, do I need to install an update or an extra or did I reload the wrong version of Office/Publisher? (I thought I had 2003 previously) thanks in advance Select File, Save as a website. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "segsig" <segsig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32A9EBC2-2AE6-4529-9E21-83E71789C37E@m...

Need to compare 2 tables and only pull certain records from one ta
I have a monthly sales file that contains several invoices that allows duplicate records of parts. My second table is a different sales file that also contains several invoices and allows duplicate records. I want to match from the second table as a basis. How do I pull matching invoices from the two tables without pulling all the data from the first monthly sales file? UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT SecondTable.* FROM SecondTable INNER JOIN FirstTable ON SecondTable[Invoices] = (SELECT FirstTable.[Invoices] FROM FirstTable GROUP BY FirstTable.[Invoices]) ORDER BY SecondT...

Recorded macros not working using the shortcut keys
Hello, I have recorded two macros that work fine except they do not run using the shortcut keys I defined. I've stepped through the macros and the shortcut keys are in the scripts, but I can only run them by pulling up the list of macros and selecting the macro and clicking run. I'm using Office 2007 in XP. TIA, Robert When you pull up the list of Macros and select your macro, go to the options box and create a shortcut key. On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:11:40 -0800 (PST), CurlyDave <davesexcel@gmail.com> wrote: >When you pull up the list of Macros and select your macro, go to...

Cannot add extra mailboxes
Hi Newsgroup. I have a problem with some of my Outlook 2002 clients. When I go to edit the properties for my exchange server,=20 =FAnder Advenced I can choose to add other mailboxes, but=20 when I push the ADD button, it comes with an error. It says: The name cannot be found, I can't even type=20 anything, it just gives this error. (This is a translation from Danish) Anyone how can fix this ? What version of Exchange? If 5.5 you need to create the users as Windows accounts first before you create a new mailbox, if 2000 or later you need to use the ADUC to add the users to the AD before ...

Cannot add business unit or team
Any of the 3 CRM system admin users I have tried couldn't add neither unit nor team. No modifications have been made to the security roles. Error message: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizTeamClass.CreateAndRetrieve(CUserAuth& Caller, String TeamXML, Int32 Count, String[] Members) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Team.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateAndRetrieve() Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) Mic...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

how to add bound image to a form
I have problem to add bound image in the table. I want to do students database. Could help me to solve my problem. I want a form which can displays a different image as I look other students database Joe, If you open the form in design view, you should be able to drag the image from the field list onto the form. If haven't done it, you need to add an OLE type field to the table. God Bless, Mark A. Sam "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A3E056-80C9-4D22-854D-D3C01E0E0FC1@microsoft.com... >I have problem to add bound image in the tab...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Select TOP 4 Records For Each Group
I have a query that I need to select the TOP 4 records for each distintive group. The layout: 2 Columns of data(Charge and ICV). Charge is an integer and ICV is a single. I need to get the TOP 4 ICVs for each charge. How do I set Grouping and/or Summing to do this? Thank You See: Subquery basics: TOP n records per group at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#TopN -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Tirelle" <Tirelle@disc...

CRM Report shows only 10 records
Hi Guys I am trying to show more than 10 records from a report, some reports shows me nothing and others only 10 records How can I fix that? -- Luis Quiroz ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

How can I batch open a txt file in excel 2003 and save back as a .
I have about 3000 .txt files I need to open in excel and just save them. Is there a way I can batch run these? It would involve opening the txt file and saving it as the same name. Try this macro. Change "MyFolder" to the actual path. To use, open up a new workbook, press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, and paste in the code. Press ALT+Q, go to Tools > Macro > Macros and run it. Sub ChangeXLS() 'Constructive criticism from VBA programmers appreciated Dim MyFolder As String Dim NewName As String Dim OldName As String Dim patharray As Variant MyFolder = "C:\P...

access-problem saving forms and reports
I have a problem every time im trying to save a form in access. It doesnt matter to what table i create a form or a report,the access wont allow me to save it and puts on an error message: "microsoft office access doesnt have the option to save the form or the report because he presents chars from a language that cannot be be saved in your system area. switch your system area to the language in the form or the report and than try again". my office is in hebrew and my windows in english,i have passed all the data in the table and in the form between the languages back and fort...

can't add addressses to contacts from incoming mail
when I recieve email in outlook2002 I can see the persons name in the 'from' field, but can not add it to my contacts - there is no feature to do this. And if I click reply, it just puts the 'display name' and not the email address in the reply so I can not send them replies. The only way to fix this is to ask them to type their email address in the body of the email message and then add it to my contacts list. Is this a bug? Or a design feature??!! ...

How can I add menu to a dialog?
Can anybody help me , how to load menu(created using menu editor) on a dialog..? Thankz in advance Create a menu resource in editor. Select the dialog you want to attach this menu to. Right click on the dialog, click on properties. In the ensuing dialog, select the menu you created from the combobox. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Tony Thomas" <mailtonythomas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gjQSrphEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Can anybody help me , how to load menu(created using menu editor) on a > dialog..? > Tha...

Using Investment "Cash" account for a Savings Account?
I just joined another credit union for the sole purpose of purchasing certificates of deposits there. To maintain a membership, they require that $5 be held in a savings account under my name. When I buy a CD, I have to deposit money into that savings account and then they will immediately transfer it to the CD. Although I could if I wanted to, I have no intention of depositing any other funds to this savings account except with the intent of purchasing CDs. I setup the savings account in Microsoft Money and then added the Ceritificate of Deposit as an investment account. When I did so, Micro...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

Inhibit Save and SaveAs
I have an application that uses the standard ID_FILE_SAVE and ID_FILE_SAVE_AS commands. I need to inhibit the menu commands and toolbar icons while a process is running. Any ideas? Steve Stephen Wolstenholme schrieb: > I have an application that uses the standard ID_FILE_SAVE and > ID_FILE_SAVE_AS commands. I need to inhibit the menu commands and > toolbar icons while a process is running. > > Any ideas? Just add an ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler for the two command IDs. Norbert ...