Trusted locations for 2007 Access

I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it.
I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases.  It is my understanding that
I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them with
Access 2007.  All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along with
a lot of other files.  My first question is will I have to move my data bases
individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at
one time?  Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is
there some special way I am to create a "Trusted Folder" or does 2007 provide
this.  Finally, is there some techincal document available that explains what
one is to do in going from 2003 to 2007?  Thanks in advance.  Tomc
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

TomC,

Answers in-line...

--
Gina Whipp

II

"TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it.
> I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases.  It is my understanding
> that
> I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them
> with
> Access 2007.  All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along
> with
> a lot of other files.  My first question is will I have to move my data
> bases
> individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at
> one time?

***No need to move My Documents is the default Trusted Location

***http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm

Finally, is there some techincal document available that explains what
> one is to do in going from 2003 to 2007?  Thanks in advance.  Tomc

***http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

0
Gina
11/27/2009 9:40:24 PM
Thanks Gina.  This was a huge help.  Tomc

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> TomC,
>
> Answers in-line...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it.
> > I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases.  It is my understanding
> > that
> > I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them
> > with
> > Access 2007.  All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along
> > with
> > a lot of other files.  My first question is will I have to move my data
> > bases
> > individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at
> > one time?
>
> ***No need to move My Documents is the default Trusted Location
>
>   Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is
> > there some special way I am to create a "Trusted Folder" or does 2007
> > provide
> > this.
>
> ***http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm
>
> Finally, is there some techincal document available that explains what
> > one is to do in going from 2003 to 2007?  Thanks in advance.  Tomc
>
> ***http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>

> .

Glad to help!

--

> Thanks Gina.  This was a huge help.  Tomc
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> TomC,
>>
>> Answers in-line...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "TomC" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with
>> >it.
>> > I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases.  It is my understanding
>> > that
>> > I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them
>> > with
>> > Access 2007.  All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along
>> > with
>> > a lot of other files.  My first question is will I have to move my data
>> > bases
>> > individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted"
>> > at
>> > one time?
>>
>> ***No need to move My Documents is the default Trusted Location
>>
>>   Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is
>> > there some special way I am to create a "Trusted Folder" or does 2007
>> > provide
>> > this.
>>
>> ***http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm
>>
>> Finally, is there some techincal document available that explains what
>> > one is to do in going from 2003 to 2007?  Thanks in advance.  Tomc
>>
>> ***http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>>

>> .

0
Gina
11/28/2009 2:54:58 AM
TomC <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it.
>I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases.  It is my understanding that
>I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them with
>Access 2007.  All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along with
>a lot of other files.  My first question is will I have to move my data bases
>individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at
>one time?  Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is
>there some special way I am to create a "Trusted Folder" or does 2007 provide
>this.

FWIW if you distribute your databases to other users in your
organization the Auto FE Updater can create the Trusted Locations
registry entries for you.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files

can i use office 2007 home & student on two computers
Can I use Office 2007 Home & Student on two different computers in two different places (cities), both mine. You can do anything you want because there is no way M$ can track about 6 billion people (entire planet including pigs) using its products. The license generally allows you to use on 3 systems in the same household but the definition is vague. what happens if someone goes on holiday abroad and takes his laptop with him. M$ has no answer for this. hth "veranda" <veranda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3DBA0C8-8EC6-43C1-9A66-367...

Linked Object from Excel 2007 to Word 2007
Underlines in the Excel object are being altered in Preview and/or printing. Is there a fix? Describe what happens. Also, have you asked the question in an Excel newsgroup? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "baldnow" wrote: > Underlines in the Excel object are being altered in Preview and/or printing. > Is there a fix? ...

Excel 2007 weird formatting issues
Does anyone here use Excel 2007 already? I began using it and when I tried to do my favorite border with dropped shadow, there was no longer such option in Excel 2007. Instead I can choose to create a rectangle box (Inser -> Illustrations -> Shapes -> Rectangle Box). However, the only way to have a dropped shadow is to have a solid filled box (which of course covers the cells underneath). If you don't choose solid fill then you are going to see shadows not only on bottom and right but also on top and left which makes the rectangle box look weird. Whatever happened to the regul...

Publisher 2007 #15
I am attempting to print a legal size poster, but the page splits into 2 pages on print view and print even though it appears correct on the page. I have reset all the margins, page size, etc., and it continues. It was correct in 2003, but this started with the 2007. I have started from scratch, but it does the same thing. Help! Create your legal sized document, when you are ready to print... File, print, this is the dialogue box you will need to change. Change the paper size to legal, look at print preview, it should preview correctly and print correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP...

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to import my old email from eudora into outlook 2007? ...

Import query from Access
Can you import queries from Access, with Excel? Right now I'm copying and pasting my querry to Excel, and I was wondering if there's a better way. I believe you can run the query straight from Excel using Data/Get External Data/New Database Query and then select the Access database. Alternatively, you should be able to export the access query into an excel workbook. HTH PC "Kmarie" <Kmarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1C6A6F-E26D-4F9E-82BC-E7C73D483D2D@microsoft.com... > Can you import queries from Access, with Excel? Right now I'm co...

Updating a SQL database using Excel 2007
Hello, I have created a pivot table in Excel using the data from a SQL 2005 database. Is it possible to make changes to the data and save it back to the SQL database? Thanks David I know you can do this in Access depending on your connection settings. I would be curious to find out if it can be done in Excel also. Is there a resource where I can find more info on creating a pivot table in Excel using SQL data? The excel help doesn't tell me what I want to know. If there is an existing pivot table how can I tell the data source? I know it is external data and suspect it is ...

web accessed spreadsheet
Not sure how to put this, but will try. Is it possible to post data to a spreadsheet on a local machine, but make it accessible from a web page (ID/PW required) and do it in real time to reflect on-going changes? If so, how and what is needed on both ends to make it work? ANY suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, The Old Guy BTW....Using Excel 2000/XP & FrontPage 2003 ...

I hate 2007 #2
OK, how do I change my online user name. I see how to change my password, but not the user name, or log in name. I have accounts a Schwab under my social security number and my wife's. I used to have to download my information, then change the login name to my wife's social, and then download again. I can't find the window that used to modify the online settings. -- David Schwartz Commack, NY David, This is how I set up my wife's and my Fidelity account. It should probably be similar for Schwab. Sign into Money, DO NOT check the "I want to sign into Mone...

Which SIde of Trust to run SFO Client
Login onto a CRM Active Directory domain, whether or not its joined to domain, and I can go OFFLINE without errors in SFO. Login to the non-CRM domain which is part of a trust, it does not. But I can add the CRM users to my non-CRM local admins etc, so its showing the trust is working. Does anyone know if CRM SFO should ONLY be installed on the CRM side of a trust and then authenticate against that in order to open the SFO? Does this mean the trust talked about in CRM is only to access resources on a pre-ACtive Directory network? And thus it will not work in the way described? Many thanks...

Make a list of dates of all Fridays for 2002 thru 2007?
How can I make a list of the dates of all Fridays in the period beginning in 2002 thru 2007, or year by year? Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture Enter the date of the first Friday you want to start with in A1, eg 04/01/2002 and put this formula in A2: =A1+7 Format that cell as a date and copy it down for as many rows as you need (about 365 rows). Hope this helps. Pete On Nov 22, 8:51 pm, dk_ <nob...@spamless.com> wrote: > How can I make a list of the dates of all Fridays in the period beginning in > 2002 thru 2007, or year by ye...

Trust Center
Microsoft office excel security notices pop up is displayed when I start Excel 2007 to either "enable macros" or "disable macros" I enabled the 3 of them I go to "Excel Options" -- "Trust Center" -- "Trust Center Settings" The "Trusted Locations", "add new location", "remove" and "modify" are greyed out Trusted Locations was okay two weeks ago when I updated to 2007 and added the location paths to my startup files with macros embedded in them. Where do I change the policy for this re...

vba error after moving access db
I have this code: Private Sub List49_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "ActiveEEList" stLinkCriteria = "[EmpID]=" & Me![List49].Column(1) DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria End Sub It was working fine until I moved the access db from one path to another...I had it in MY Docs folder then moved (copied) it to a network drive. When I run if from the old version it works fine, but now from the new location I get Run Time Error 3075, Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression [EmplID]...

ChartObjects Insanity
Either one of us - me or Excel - is insane, or soon to become so. I have code I'm trying to convert from Excel 2003, and it's not going smoothly. Here's the current problem. I have a workbook with a number of chart sheets, each containing three charts. I want to delete the third chart from every sheet. I used to say.. For Each ch In wb.Charts ..... ch.ChartObjects(3).Delete Next ch Now, that tells me I have a subscript out of range. I check, and ? ch.ChartObjects.count returns a value of 3. I can return the name on the third chart too, so I try ch.ChartObject...

Saving charts in Excel 2007 so compatible with earlier versions
Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so that compatible with earlier versions In article <B9D9C466-7E06-4ABF-ADAD-4C7C139310C7@microsoft.com>, gill@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so > that compatible with earlier versions > Not quite sure what your point is. Charts in 2007 are totally different from prevous versions. They support far better formatting capabilities. I imagine all the enhanced features will be lost when a workbook is opened in a version/prog...

How do I get the current ROW location.
Hi, Trying to find out the current row location. Tried startRow = cell("row") Tried startRow = ActiveCell.rows.address() - But this returns the column and row in $A$1 format. I just want startRow = CurrentRow (or something like this). Cheers Craig. Hi Craig startrow = activecell.row Cheers JulieD "Craig & Co." <crb@amsa.gov.au> wrote in message news:417c6ad0$0$41946$c30e37c6@ken-reader.news.telstra.net... > Hi, > > Trying to find out the current row location. > > Tried startRow = cell("row") > Tried startRow = ActiveCell.rows...

defaulting to form in access 2007
There was on option in Access 2003 that made it when I opened the database it automatically opened on a particular form. I cannot seem to find that option in 2007. Can you provide some assistance please? Office Button on the upper left. Access Options Button towards the bottom right. Current Database button in the left column. Display Form combo box near the top of the right side. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "tim.hambly" wrote: > There was on option in Access 2003 that made ...

trust relationsship
for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because of the profiles. Thanks, Raul Rego Raul wrote: > for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning > "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary > domain failed." > Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on ho...

Access 97 09-30-04
How much would it cost to updrage Access 97 to the lastest and greatest Access? We want all information in tact. Also what would be the additional cost of maintenance and operations of Access? Hi JM, As far as I know it's not possible to upgrade Access 97 to the current version, which is Access 2003; you need to buy the full product (whether by itself or as part of an Office 2003 package). Check prices with your local suppliers. Access 2003 can use databases created with Access 97, so you won't lose any data. Conversion of other stuff - forms, queries, reports, etc. is mostly a...

Microsoft Publisher 2007 Brochure printing
Cannot apply background because a special paper is currently applied. To apply a background you must first remove the special paper from the publication. Ths is the message it is giving me and I can not figure how to do what it is asking of me. Any help would be great. Thank You Special paper is pre-printed paper you buy like that from the suppliers listed. Chose a different layout that doesn't use special paper and copy/paste your design element over to the new publication. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "jbell" <jbell@discus...

Exchange 2007 RPC/HTTP Help
I have searched the internet and found several pages where my problem was listed, but never could I find anything to resolve it. I'm running 2 servers. One has the CA and HT roles, the other has the MB and HT roles. When I type "Test-OutlookWebServices | FL", I get the following errors, and it is the same weather I run the command on the Mailbox server or the CAS Server. Id : 1013 Type : Error Message : When contacting https://mail.domain.com/Rpc received the error The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine Id : 101...

MS Office 2007
I need your help! I have a computer with winXP on it and MS Office 2007. I have another computer with Win7 on it and the exact same MS Office 2007. When I transfer MS Word files that were created on the XP comp to the Win7 one, the formatting is all messed up. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be much appreciated. :) -- tjimmo I haven't had that problem with the few Word files that I've transferred but they were in the .doc filetype, not the .docx filetype. Your question may be better answered in a Word newsgroup which is appropriate to your problem. This news...

Outlook 2007/2003 features not supported by Blackberry
I don't use a Blackberry but many of my corporate and government clients do. I have not been able to find any resources detailing which Outlook features are not supported by BB. Specifically, does a BB support color-coding, rules, and color categories (labels and categories in Outlook 2003). Any links or quick answers are very appreciated! -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee In a forum for the BB you should get answers for what it supports and what it doesn't. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sendi...

trusts
I would like to set up one way trusts with exchange I have two different sites currently we use rpc over http for our remote site. Currently the remote site has its own domain name. I want to put an exchange server on the remote site and allow it to still see all the contacts of the larger company but I don't want it to be able to add to the global catolog on the main local exchange server. could you point me in the right direction. -- Mark Roshak Are both locations part of different AD Forests (and thereby different Exchange Orgs)? If yes: - to synchronize GALs between the 2 Org...

Excel 2007
I recently installed Excel 2007. Now I am not able to open any excel file directly by double clicking. It only opens the app but not the actual worksheet. From the app, I have to click on "open" and then find the file to open it. I verified that the "Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange" option is unchecked. Any help? Thanks. What happens when you try double clicking on the file in windows explorer? If excel opens and you don't see the workbook, then you may be suffering from a common problem that lots of people have complained about. The workb...