Trouble with user security

HI,I have a database on a shared folder in a PC.  From another PC i opened this database and setup user level security using the wizard.   On the first PC, instead of running the wizard, i created a new user and put in the admin group and then removed the admin user from the admin group.Now i ve got into serious trouble.  From the second PC, i am able to logon on and use the database perfectly fine.  But on the first PC, the new user does not have permission to open the database.  the admin user can open but has no other rights.  The secured.mdw is in the same folder as the database.How do i reverse this situation?  Will reinstalling Access on PC1 help?    I logged on as admin user and tried to running the wizard but some activex is not working.Since the database is working fine from the second PC, am sure my database is safe but the first PC is my assistant PC where the data entry is done.Any help please?  Very urgent.THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.Ramesh
0
Ramesh
3/5/2007 4:59:21 AM
access 16762 articles. 2 followers. Follow

check with runtime parameters, I think it is /wrkgrp.  In there you give the path and file of the workgroup.  Use the same workgroup for both PCs."Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:uC8FJMuXHHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> HI,>> I have a database on a shared folder in a PC.  From another PC i opened > this database and setup user level security using the wizard.   On the > first PC, instead of running the wizard, i created a new user and put in > the admin group and then removed the admin user from the admin group.>> Now i ve got into serious trouble.  From the second PC, i am able to logon > on and use the database perfectly fine.  But on the first PC, the new user > does not have permission to open the database.  the admin user can open > but has no other rights.  The secured.mdw is in the same folder as the > database.>> How do i reverse this situation?  Will reinstalling Access on PC1 help? > I logged on as admin user and tried to running the wizard but some activex > is not working.>> Since the database is working fine from the second PC, am sure my database > is safe but the first PC is my assistant PC where the data entry is done.>> Any help please?  Very urgent.>> THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.>> Ramesh>
0
Evan
3/5/2007 7:50:02 AM
thanks .. i joined with the same group file and its working fine.Ramesh"Evan Camilleri" <e70mt@yahoo.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message news:eeH3krvXHHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> check with runtime parameters, I think it is /wrkgrp.  In there you give > the path and file of the workgroup.  Use the same workgroup for both PCs.>>> "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message > news:uC8FJMuXHHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...>> HI,>>>> I have a database on a shared folder in a PC.  From another PC i opened >> this database and setup user level security using the wizard.   On the >> first PC, instead of running the wizard, i created a new user and put in >> the admin group and then removed the admin user from the admin group.>>>> Now i ve got into serious trouble.  From the second PC, i am able to >> logon on and use the database perfectly fine.  But on the first PC, the >> new user does not have permission to open the database.  the admin user >> can open but has no other rights.  The secured.mdw is in the same folder >> as the database.>>>> How do i reverse this situation?  Will reinstalling Access on PC1 help? I >> logged on as admin user and tried to running the wizard but some activex >> is not working.>>>> Since the database is working fine from the second PC, am sure my >> database is safe but the first PC is my assistant PC where the data entry >> is done.>>>> Any help please?  Very urgent.>>>> THANKS VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.>>>> Ramesh>>>>
0
Ramesh

How to prevent a user to move a window
Hi, I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bs9rka$560$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. > It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. You can try handling WM_NCHITTEST and calling DefWindowProc. When you get back HTCAPTION return instead HTNOWHERE. You'll probably want to remove or disable the 'Move&#...

User Manager 07-03-05
"The sever localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privledges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system admin." I have read other threads on this but nothing I saw really pertained to me. I am on Win2003, SP1, MS CRM 1.2. I am logged in as the administrator and the Deployment Manager can see the SQL server (same box) yet I cannot add a user. I have tried everything I know. Uninstall, re-install, adding the IP to the hosts. table, adding administrato...

AD deleted user, lost license ?
I have a customer who deleted the ad user before moving the crm user data and license to a new crm user. I tried changing the systemusertable to match the login of the new user but I guess there also have to be changed a GUID ( I know it isn't a supported way but had to try it ) I changed it back but have the problem that I can't move the license and move data to a new crm user because the ad user is gone. What to do ? Jack Are you running CRM 1.2 or 3.0? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:unWJNvjLGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Users get locked out
I've got an app in VB6 that users access as a database. Some users are reporting that it is all working ok until 1 particular user connects to the database. When they do they get the error below. On several occasions I've sent an email saying that it must be network permissions and not had a reply. Usually that means it fixed the issue and they don't want to admit it was their fault but it makes it difficult because I have no idea what the solution was. Has anyone encountered this? Is there an easy way to reproduce it on my machine? I don't think it's anything to do ...

Birthday reminder
Hi! We have a problem with the birthday reminder on the contact person. When we are creating a birthday reminder on a contact, all CRM users are getting a reminder in there calendar. Any out there who have the same problem? Best Regard Claus ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

limiting user functions
Does anyone know of a way to limit user functions on Exchange 2000? Specifically a way to create a receive only user... How about a listing of what, if any, restrictions can be imposed on a user and how? I wondered about a group policy template but haven't found anything. Any relevant suggestions would be appreciated. Here is a link that explains how this can be done: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Hope this helps -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Ted" <tedpegram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F54...

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

unexpected conversion trouble

Changing user listed in Splash Screen
When we launch Office applications on our Macs the splash screen displays the name of the user that Office is registered to. We don't normally register Office to our individual users, but it must pull their name from somewhere and put it in the splash screen. My question is, where does it get this information and how can I change it, short of reinstalling Office? If a user leaves the company or we put someone else on a particular computer we'd like to change this. It's not a big deal, but just wondered if there is a way to do this. Thanks, Beth bphillips <bphillips@fastline....

Users not showing up All Users

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

Trouble with "time" in formulas
I have a time sheet that looks something like this: A1=time...A2=time...A3=A2-A1+if(A1/24,1)...A4=if(or(A3<time(0,15,0),A3>time(4,0,0)),A3,time(4,0,0)) A1 and A2 are set up as dropdown lists and the times in the list are i increments of 15 minutes. WHat I'm trying to accomplish is (in cell A4 if A3 is between 15 minutes and 4 hours, then return 4 hours. if A3 i 0 or greater than 4 hours, return A3. If I enter enter times in A1 around 00:00 and A2 a little after 00:0 it works fine... example: A1=22:00...A2=01:00...A3=03:00...A4=04:00 A1=20:30...A2=00:15...A3=03:45...A4=04:00 A1=00...

trouble
I have been using my MS Publisher 2000 for over 3 years. Just recently I attempted to access the Publisher program and got the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup fom the location where you originally installed the application." I have done everything I know to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I don't understand what happened overnight nor do I understand the instruction "run from the location you originally installed the program". I can not access the numerous publicaions that I have cr...

Plan to delete a VIP user from AD
Hi all I have trouble with one specific users reminders in her outlook client.Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. the problem is that messages that she flag does not pop-up as reminders.It stays in the follow-up folder and she need to go there to view it which she don't want to do. I have uninstalled outlook and re-instll it again and only the first time i went into outlook after i have re-installed it 80 reminders pop-up and after the first time we are back to square one again where no reminders pop-up anymore. this is causing frustration for the user and i don't know what to do a...

Problems after user copied XLS file to different folder- Help
I have a user that is using Excel 2003 on Windows XP pro. He copied a XLS file from on folder to another. After he attempted to open the file from the new folder location it gives a message that references the directory and says the file cannot be located. I can see if in the directory and windows explorer and know it is there. If you click on the old file that does still work as expected. Just the new location does not. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com When you copy from one folder to another through explorer, press F5 to refresh to directory. Access the fil...

Trouble sorting a table???
Using Excel 2002) I am relatively new to Excel and can only really perform simple functions in a basic spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I'm having trouble with is pretty basic, but I'm having trouble sorting some of the results from a table. (I'll try and explain as best as I can) I have 10 people that I'm tracking 5 different things for (dates, debts, credits, items, number of transactions, and their balance as calculated in this table by simple SUM functions) I then have another table with these same 10 people with their total balance. This is the table I'm having t...

deleted Exchange user still shows up in Outlook?
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook 2003 clients. I am having an issue where if I delete a user's mailbox (with "Delete Mailbox" from Exchange Task Wizard in AD Users & Computers), the user name still shows up when scheduling a meeting in Outlook. In the invitee list in Outlook, if I type the user's email address Outlook will still resolve it to the user's name. In one case it's resolving to an LDAP address, eg I type in deleteduser@foo.com, and Outlook replaces the email address with "/o=Foo Corp /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/ cn=Del...

IDE to Secure Digital?
I know there are adapters that allow you to plug memory cards into an IDE port. It's transparent to the operating system so it shows up as a drive in My Computer. Are there any that do the reverse? I'd like to take a small IDE or SATA drive and plug it into an SD slot. Check the Cyberguys catalog: www.cyberguys.com "shawn" <yuppicide138@removethisoptonline.net> wrote in message news:OfWDHC%23hKHA.2780@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I know there are adapters that allow you to plug memory cards into an IDE >port. It's transparent to the operat...

Having trouble
I have a set of numbers, a-e. A usually equals e but can be less. B remains constant. C is the sum of A and B. C cannot exceed D. D remains constant I have tried the following formula in the box for A, but C ends up being less than D when I want it to equal D =IF(C>D,E-(C-D)) What am I doing wrong? Uhh, I'm a little slow, but; If you are putting this formula in A and it's the same "A" that is part of the "C=Sum A & B" then I think you have a circular reference. In other words, you're asking xl to resolve "A" by asking "If C> D&quo...