Trouble exporting Report to Excel

How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page report
to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: “There are
too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output format
or by Microsoft Access”. Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Excel has a hard-and-fast limit of 65536. When you export to Excel from a
report, you usually get extraneous blank lines, so it's conceivable that
you're hitting that limit.

There's no way around it, other than to simply export the data (assuming
less than 65536 rows) rather than the report.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"ddean" <ddean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you increase rows to output size? When exporting a 2000+ page
> report
> to Excel (97-2002 *xls), stops on page 412 with message stating: "There
> are
> too many rows to output, based on limitation specified by the output
> format
> or by Microsoft Access". Using Access 2000 with Windows 2000 OS

0
Douglas

MS Access and using the Average function in a report
Help pleaes. i am trying to do a project where i need to make a report which is sweet but where i am struggling is where they also want to find out an average on the amount of days someone has stayed but only being new to the calculations using MS Access i have no idea how they work in there only in Excel please help me if you can -- Life is but a Dream... Reality is the Real Nightmare In any report or group (not page) header or footer, you can use a text box with a control source like: =Avg(DateDiff("d",[StartDate], [EndDate]) If you can't figure this out, then come b...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

Question Z Report
What does "Debit Surcharge", "Deposit Made", "Deposit Redeeme" referrs to in the Z Report? Debit Surcharge: Amount of debit surcharge, Customers can receive cash back from debit card transactions. However, they may be charged an additional fee for this service. There can also be a surcharge for using the debit card. Deposit Made: Amount of deposits for layaways and work orders Deposit Redeemed: Amount for returned deposit "RicoTowers" wrote: > What does "Debit Surcharge", "Deposit Made", "Deposit Redeeme" ref...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

exporting contacts from outlook express
i'm wondering is it possible to somehow export contact list from outlook express to crm? in outlook express click on file - export - address book then choose Text File (Comma Separated Values) etc. You will end up with a csv file you can use to import into crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:510A2363-D10D-485A-975B-6D9265DAE538@microsoft.com... > i'm wondering is it possible to somehow export contact list from outlook > express...

Configure a report
My spreadsheet is quite huge. I am requested to generate reports using only some of the columns contained within the total data base. How can I configure my program to select and print only the columns of data I require? THank you. Check out View>Custom Views to save various views of your worksheet including hidden columns/rows and Print Setups. Also load the Report Manager add-in and you can use it to configure your custom views. Note: I believe there is some problem with using the Report Manager with Excel 2003. A post from Ron de Bruin...... "There is no Excel 2003 version. Y...

How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to update every time a user .
For some reason I cannot remember how to do this... I want my spreadsheet to update (retain the changes that other users make) automatically. How do I do this? Help! JM Jennie, are you talking about saving the workbook when it is closed? if so put this in the thisworkbook code, if the user enables macros the file will save all changes before it closes Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answer...

Email from excel #2
When I go to send my excel file from excel as an attachment the send to screen displays my old contacts from outlook express. I now use outlook and have all new contacts in outlook. How do I set outlook as my default email client from excel. Thanks Hi try chaning the default email client within the Internet Explorer ('Tools - Options - Programs'). After this re- start Excel >-----Original Message----- >When I go to send my excel file from excel as an >attachment the send to screen displays my old contacts >from outlook express. I now use outlook and have all ne...

Excel charts -retaining subscript in labels from worksheet data
Excel 2007 - Chemical formulae entered in cells using format to show subscript, however normal font shows on formula bar. When copied and pasted elsewhere, or when used in chart subscript characters show as normal font. Help! Hi Polly, Your problem is quite analogous to the repeatedly discussed Chemical Legend. Luckily enough, there are Chemical fonts that include numeral subscripts and superscripts as individual characters. If you apply these specific fonts in the place of your (most frequently used) basic fonts: Arial or Times New Roman, you are able to write down chemical formula...

How do I report in calander format from Access?
I would like to display or print a report that shows due dates of projects on a calander for easy tracking. On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 06:54:01 -0700, Mikebo <Mikebo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no easy way to do that with Access' built-in tools. You may want to look into 3rd party calendar controls, or export the data to Outlook's calendar. I have once implemented a calendar on a form. It displays 3 weeks of jobs, using 7 * 3 MsFlexGrid controls. -Tom. >I would like to display or print a report that shows due dates of projects on >a calander for easy tracking. ...

excel null values
Hi guys, I am writing a program to import data from a excel file using a MS Visual Basic 6.0. I am using "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" as the provider. While I am reading the excel file I am getting null values for some fields which is not null in the excel file. Can any one help me to resolve this please. Thanks, -Aruna ...

Problems with quotation mark when exporting to a .txt file
Hi, I have a hudge problem. The data I keep in Excel 2003 is very simple - just a big table filled with words (tekst). It's a kind of dictionary. I need to export it to a txt file. and I works great except one thing: when a cell contains a " mark it gets replicated, like: sam"ple ------> "sam""ple" The other thing happening - when a semicolon is used: dog; cat --------> "dog; cat" Is there a way to turn it off? (and please, don't tell me to use two apostrophes ' ' instead :-) Greetings, latet Make a copy of your excel fi...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Internet Explorer closes the CRM Window when exporting to Excel
We have a problem whenever a user exports data to Excel. The calling IE window closes when this is done. We use IE 6 and CRM 3.0 in this implementation. If we start CRM in "non-app" mode, the problem disappears. But of course we don´t want the users to have two rows of menus etc. Any suggestions? Hi Per, Have you installed rollup 1 or 2? Maybe that solves the problem. I have heard of the problem before but don't know what the solution was. I will have a look... Regards, Bas "Per Holgersson" wrote: > We have a problem whenever a user exports data to ...

Account payments do not show in the register reports.
When ever we make a payment to an account, say using a credit card that payment to account will not show up on the detailed electronic capture report for that register. It will show up on the global report and it is being captured, but it will not show up on the individual report. Please help. We are on 2.0 -- Frank Rizzo ...

Making A Databse system on Excel?
Ok, I need to be able to save any information that is entered onto a sheet on another sheet, but I need the sheet where the information is entered to stay blank and then just enter information and it saves onto the other sheet, so I get a database system. How would I do this? L, You could do it using a macro, either run manually or automatically. For example, this will move Row 2 of Sheet1 to the bottom of the set of data on Sheet2. Assumes that cells in column A are never blank. Sub MoveEmOut() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("2:2").Cut Worksheets("Sheet2").R...

excel pivot table formating
In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table looked. I used to use report #7. Is there a report #7 equivalent in 2007? If so, where can I find it. thx. Place the cursor inside the Pivot Table data and now you will see a new menu "Design". Select the desired design from the "Pivottable Styles". Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "MS" wrote: > In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table > looked. I used to...

Print reports
How can I set up a report to print 2 reports per page, i.e. report for first record is printed on the top half of the page, report for second record prints on the bottom half, third on top & forth on bottom, etc. The format for each report is the same. "Pastor Del" <PastorDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How can I set up a report to print 2 reports per page, > i.e. report for first record is printed on the top half of > the page, report for second record prints on the bottom > half, third on top & forth on bottom, etc. The format ...

Exporting Reports To Excel
I am looking to created a formatted spreadsheet from a dump from an Access generated report. The issues are that the built in export to Excel does not format the Excel sheet properly and we want any code that does formatting of the Excel sheet to be called from the object model in the Access VBA rather than from Excel VBA. Has anybody ever done anything like this before? I am wondering if there is a good approach or an issue or two that I should be aware of while doing this. Thanks again for any help, it is much appreciated. Dave ...

HTML Form submitted to Excel
Hi, I wanted to allow users of my website to register for an event. want all their information to be listed on an excel format so I ca retrieve it later. I read tutorials on how to make a userform in exce but I don't know how to get that on the web. So basically, I want a form that has fields for name, phone, addres etc... and I want the output to go onto an excel file - one after th other to look like Name Phone address 1 XXXX XXXX 2 YYYY YYYY and so on. This is driving me nuts, can someone help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel 2000 #23
I was curious a friend of mine let me use his office 2000 CD so I could make some documents for work, I found out that since I borrowed it that it could be piracy, is it ok if I still keep my documents & files , I dont want to lose this information, and I eventually will buy Excel, I just dont want to get in trouble I'm not a lawyer, but you should have no problem keeping your files. You just need to be sure that you've deleted the applications. Check out OpenOffice, which is a free, open source suite that can read and work with your XL files: http://openoffice.org I...

In query how to write group into the same minute? Export to text file?
Hi How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the same minute compressed into that minute (and the analysis will be done in other fields, like: first, high, low, last, sum). And how can I export the result from a query into a testfile? Regards Rolf On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:05:00 +0100, "Rolf" <rolfe@algonet.se> wrote: >Hi >How can I in a Query write the criteria so that it groups the data from >witin every minute? For example many trades that are made in the ...

Microsoft Word 2011 has a serious PDF export bug
Since figure captions and figures in Word do not move together, I usually create a text box, insert the figure and then its caption. This arrangement worked for me on Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 for Windows and Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac perfectly. I was able to export PDFs etc. without any issues. Two months ago, I upgraded to Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac. Today, I tried to export to PDF and found to my horror that all the textboxes (which contained figures and captions) in the final PDF were empty and the original docx (xml) was a little messed up (floats had moved around a b...

Grouping results on a report (need a little help)
I created a report based off of the filteredlead and filteredannotation views so that I could pull data regarding the leads and the notes regarding those leads, below is the SQL statement I use to do this SELECT dbo.FilteredLead.companyname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_productname, dbo.FilteredLead.new_clientbusinesstypename, dbo.FilteredLead.subject, dbo.FilteredAnnotation.notetext, dbo.FilteredLead.fullname, dbo.FilteredLead.description, dbo.FilteredLead.leadsourcecodename, dbo.FilteredLead.owneridname FROM dbo.FilteredAnnotation INNER JOIN dbo.FilteredLead ON dbo.FilteredAnnota...

sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere
Okay hey guys. The problem I'm having is with a line graph. I have two lines. I have 8 rows of data, but I have no idea how to change the numbers on the axis for both the x and the y. What it is doing is on the X-axis it has 1-8 in increments of one. This is because I have 8 rows of data. What I WOULD like is for it to show up as (each tick) is increments of 500 labeled at every 2000 increment. I hope you guys get what I'm saying. I have no idea how to change this, and I have looked for a long long time. I appreciate your help. -- cloosh -----------------------------------...